test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    phonomancerphonomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think a very large amount of the frustration from Guardian purchasers (myself included) is due to the abrupt shift from no queue to massive queues. Seriously, I played WoW for 7 years on one of the most overpopulated servers they had. Launch day for those servers was massive, and often a crapfest (servers down, people disconnected after waiting through an 8-hour queue etc) -- but even with that, there wasn't as much frustration. In short, its not that there is a queue, its that it apparently got combat advantage on us and needs to be nerfed.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Ok how the hell does this happen. I am a guardian and was in alpha and a silverstar and I have to wait in the queue for 25 minutes and my roomate who only ever had a pc gamer mount code is always at queue #1 or 2? He logged out like 10 times and logged back in and its like he has a hero of the north queue skip. WTF?!?!
  • Options
    tschrivtschriv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A priority queue would be nice, but it wasn't promised, nor do I expect one. I DO expect a queue to go down though. :)
  • Options
    sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see anyone of you guys starting a company, create a game of this size and have a perfect launch without any problems. **** like this always happen. Even for Blizzard when they released D3.. and they got like 10 years in the biz of online games.

Sooo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEgh8TUlpQc
  • Options
    ggfkinpoonggfkinpoon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    let me play
  • Options
    corvusncorvusn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Moochers? This was designed as a free MMO. You paid because you wanted to and could. I didn't pay because I have been duped by founders type packages in the past. That doesn't make me or anyone else who didn't pay a moocher on a FREE game.

Don't you know? If you don't pay money for something advertised as free, you're a mooch. :p
  • Options
    aerdireaerdire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just do some crafting from the gateway while waiting. I think I will be level 20 in tailoring before my 35,000th place in line gets to the front. I understand the concept of an 'open beta' , but when the game is F2P this does not seem to have much meaning. It's not like your helping with the beta in exchange for no monthly fee which then is charged during the 'production' release.
  • Options
    sbfusesbfuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally!!! You are exactly right and people that think otherwise are kidding themselves. The people made a big mistake. Been in plenty of launches that never had near these issues. Hope that their amatuerness doesn't screw the future content of this game.
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tschriv wrote: »
    A priority queue would be nice, but it wasn't promised, nor do I expect one. I DO expect a queue to go down though. :)

This. Very much this. I get that the display is broken (I can read, too, tyvm), but some movement in the correct direction would be nice...
  • Options
    lukecage#5283 lukecage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian of North I'm finally in-game now my wife will keep my character moving if I need a bio break to keep from being kicked out of game. God forbid if I have to go thru that queue again.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Ok how the hell does this happen. I am a guardian and was in alpha and a silverstar and I have to wait in the queue for 25 minutes and my roomate who only ever had a pc gamer mount code is always at queue #1 or 2? He logged out like 10 times and logged back in and its like he has a hero of the north queue skip. WTF?!?!

He tried it 10 more times since writing this post and hes jumping the queue. He is not a guardian or hero. Are you guys targeting specific accounts for queue skip? What the hell is going on!
  • Options
    tungsten702tungsten702 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Theres a lot of people railing on the Guardians saying about it not giving priority.

Fair enough. True Statement.

But......

How many of those people railing actually paid anything?

How many of those people actually paid $200 and are talking about the $60 people "feeling entitled"?, I'm sure they would have plenty to say if THEY were stuck in line not being able to play a game they had paid money towards supporting its start up.

Its true that the server issues will be resolved soon enough and that it'll all settle down.

But......

I'm sure at least some would agree that it should rank the $200 priority log in, then the $60, then the $0.

To ignore the fact that people supported the game with $60 is weak at best.

$60 is not a big deal, i'm not going to lose sleep over it.

But respecting the people who handed it over in support of a game and then be cast off as though zero was paid....well....it was never going to go down well with people was it?

Fact is no priority, its in the terms.

But hey....respect is a two way door.

Cryptic doesnt respect peoples support of $60 and are happy with lumping them in with free to plays...no probs....i'll treat it as free to play....i wont spend a penny in the store even though i planned to today....if i couldve logged back in.

Have it your way cryptic lol, i'm sure your gonna have a lot of "happy" guardians on your hands, people who already proved they were willing to spend money on your product.

But hey, least the servers are full with people screaming "****" at each other and wailing about "free to play should be totally free".

Thats what i witnessed earlier when i got in, before i logged to change alt and got put at 8400 in line lol.

Still thats that i guess.

Closed Beta was fun, but in hindsight, i shouldve just kept my $60 and just waited.

Cryptic lesson learnt.

Not another penny, afterall, its free to play, right!
  • Options
    occeloccel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mine went from 4302 to 32415
  • Options
    mark15912mark15912 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It seems I went from 9k to 200 pretty stable too. I don't mind waiting that much but I still feel kinda unhappy about the queue ranking for Guardians :/
  • Options
    ervinstienervinstien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree!!! Guardians should also jump to the front of the line after all we did pay 60$ to play this game,for what 5 bata weekends and a horse???Come on guys..think about it ..what side of bread is your butter on???
  • Options
    ofsiofsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ahh man went from 4k to 20k, hope its a glitch.
  • Options
    sertonissertonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    your lower in the queue just wait for it, it the position is messed up i was at 6k the went up to 31k.. wanted to change character so got put back in the queue again lol ^^
  • Options
    emittereemittere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    speaking as a freeloading moocher.... The sheer tears from Guardians who didnt ****ing read what they were buying and now want to pretend spending a paltry 60 bucks on a game entitles them to act like sultans is giving me all the entertainment I need for this queue.

There seems to be a lot of hatred between the groups right now, and no-one comes off looking good.

The Heroes seem to be lording it over everyone. Quoting that Guardians should have read what they were purchasing more carefully (during early advertising both were listed as VIP access and only on reading the smaller print did it differentiate, so this can certainly be forgiven!). Given the state of the economies of most purchasing countries right now, paying $200.00 for a game is a pretty nice luxury to have, especially given the extremely harsh exchange rate and taxed us Europeans faced, so I think perhaps the Heroes should be happy they have the money to spend on something like this, without criticising Guardians for wanting priority access.

The Guardians should all just learn to calm down! You don't buy rights over others (unless you're the 1%-ers of the Heroes), you bought a whole lot of useful items for a game that is great fun to play. You've probably been playing this for days and you know that its going to be a game that you'll be playing for weeks to come, and probably a whole lot longer (depending on how the monetisation system pans out!). There is nothing wrong with playing a F2P game for free and there are some people who can't afford even the smaller amount of $60.00 on a game like this. What about those who paid the $20.00 cost, why shouldn't they have priority? At some point it could just become a dollar by dollar queue system where we crush those with the least money... or something.

And for all those F2P "moochers", stop acting like the Guardians and Heroes have no right to wanting priority. These guys are pretty much the game's financers. Without them, it wouldn't even be here. It's far better to have a game that you're going to play soon rather than a game that never came out at all. Don't enjoy the pain of the Guardians, because they might have been saving for some time for that purchase (I know some who did), and now all of that anticipation has left them in a queue that means they cannot play after work when someone who saw the game for the first time today downloaded it and got in ahead of them.

Oh, and let's not forget the developers. Stop saying that the queues are short. Stop calling this an "open beta" when to all intents and purposes it's a release (full price purchase options with instant rewards, no character wipes, no subsequent release date announced, I'd even bet the advertising budget was focused on this date). There has been great developer response on this forum, but it's sad to see an overly rosy picture painted of the situation. Just admit you screwed up and keep those apologies coming, so we can all be happy for the gameplay when we actually get to play it!

Right, rant over. I'm done being nasty to everyone, so hopefully we can all be nice to each other soon!
  • Options
    izheetmadrawrsizheetmadrawrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A SHORT queue????? From 2000 to 25000 in a matter of minutes. Typical of PWE, Ty for reminding me why I quit playing your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the first place. Just wish I had some of my money back.
  • Options
    othingarothingar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's completely unfair for anyone to call this a bad launch, or refer to it as a live launch at all. This is an Open Beta launch. It's supposed to crash everything so the actual launch goes well. If all your characters were being wiped, you'd have no grounds to complain, but I guess the nice move by the devs to keep characters makes you all feel it's "live". Get some perspective.
  • Options
    montoro81montoro81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nice, pay for playing and need to waiting. Very good. Nice lesson, Perfect world neverwinter.
  • Options
    sydirsydir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've gone from 6400 to 2200 in 20 minutes. 4000 down. Yeah, it's a wait - but it's moving along well enough.
  • Options
    zhp23zhp23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The best solution Cryptic should have done is B2P. Pay I one time fee of 60 dollar + tax to purchase the game... CD or DVDs are inexpensive.. and sell it thus covering costs for server upgrades. Just like GW2.. I'm just baffled on why they did not do it that way. B2P ( buy 2 pay ) should be the norm for all MMO's. A one-time fee for playing the game plus the usual item shops and such.
  • Options
    ofsiofsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dont you 60 dollah guys get a motherload of in game currency and stuff, why u cry.
  • Options
    umbelievableumbelievable Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hahahahaha THIS!!!!
  • Options
    dragomir29dragomir29 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A SHORT queue????? From 2000 to 25000 in a matter of minutes. Typical of PWE, Ty for reminding me why I quit playing your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the first place. Just wish I had some of my money back.

You are one slow in the brain person. It was said many time that the lowest number you are in the queue is your real number. The highest 34354k you see is not good. The lowest number is accurate.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok I read people posting about some crafting portal but can't find any info or links to it.
  • Options
    thomasj314thomasj314 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dragomir29 wrote: »
    You just posted in "Are you in a queue Read this first !" and you are asking us why it wont let you in...

Figured it out. Thanks for the Info!
  • Options
    petrock99petrock99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started at 6k+ and my position counter jumped to over 30k... I suppose you all have a fix coming?
    Or more servers at least?
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    surathani wrote: »
    Oh the arrogance of the " un-invested". Yes, people whom have paid deserved a little QOS.

You got exactly what you deserved and paid for. You went the cheap route and have to wait with everyone else. Sorry you didn't get the smug-pass. Try tossing a bit more coin next time.
This discussion has been closed.