What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    ofsiofsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well im just excited, its been such a long time since I last entered the forgotten realms.
  • Options
    sindarialsindarial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    You should use your TITLE so people know that! I'm not a mind reader :p

Are you a Guardian of the North purchaser? Because I don't see your TITLE. Did you forget to use it? We're not mind readers, you know? :p
  • Options
    surathanisurathani Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    emittere wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of hatred between the groups right now, and no-one comes off looking good.

The Heroes seem to be lording it over everyone. Quoting that Guardians should have read what they were purchasing more carefully (during early advertising both were listed as VIP access and only on reading the smaller print did it differentiate, so this can certainly be forgiven!). Given the state of the economies of most purchasing countries right now, paying $200.00 for a game is a pretty nice luxury to have, especially given the extremely harsh exchange rate and taxed us Europeans faced, so I think perhaps the Heroes should be happy they have the money to spend on something like this, without criticising Guardians for wanting priority access.

The Guardians should all just learn to calm down! You don't buy rights over others (unless you're the 1%-ers of the Heroes), you bought a whole lot of useful items for a game that is great fun to play. You've probably been playing this for days and you know that its going to be a game that you'll be playing for weeks to come, and probably a whole lot longer (depending on how the monetisation system pans out!). There is nothing wrong with playing a F2P game for free and there are some people who can't afford even the smaller amount of $60.00 on a game like this. What about those who paid the $20.00 cost, why shouldn't they have priority? At some point it could just become a dollar by dollar queue system where we crush those with the least money... or something.

And for all those F2P "moochers", stop acting like the Guardians and Heroes have no right to wanting priority. These guys are pretty much the game's financers. Without them, it wouldn't even be here. It's far better to have a game that you're going to play soon rather than a game that never came out at all. Don't enjoy the pain of the Guardians, because they might have been saving for some time for that purchase (I know some who did), and now all of that anticipation has left them in a queue that means they cannot play after work when someone who saw the game for the first time today downloaded it and got in ahead of them.

Oh, and let's not forget the developers. Stop saying that the queues are short. Stop calling this an "open beta" when to all intents and purposes it's a release (full price purchase options with instant rewards, no character wipes, no subsequent release date announced, I'd even bet the advertising budget was focused on this date). There has been great developer response on this forum, but it's sad to see an overly rosy picture painted of the situation. Just admit you screwed up and keep those apologies coming, so we can all be happy for the gameplay when we actually get to play it!

Right, rant over. I'm done being nasty to everyone, so hopefully we can all be nice to each other soon!

Thank You for this. Far too many have no **** clue.
  • Options
    xibatadaxibatada Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So funny , when im like 1000~2000 in the queue , my account got logout , 2times c:
  • Options
    ervinstienervinstien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you say Everquest!!! hmm. SoE does not have these issues?Lmao
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    sindarial wrote: »
    Are you a Guardian of the North purchaser? Because I don't see your TITLE. Did you forget to use it? We're not mind readers, you know? :p
    Silverstar says it all. Don't hate cuz your jelous of my title :p
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Of course us Guardians are shafted. We pay $60 more than moochers who are playing this game for free, and we get stuck in the same **** line as them.

Way to **** up PWE.

Thank you, but I paid 20$ for the starter pack (last friday), so I am not a moocher... I think its kinda of a derp-move though to stick Guardians in the same boat as those of us who didn't shell out 60$.
  • Options
    rexxozrexxoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is shockingly bad i have to say, there should have been provision for aditional servers to take up the slack for starters... also... big mistake saying Heros get preference in the cue but no mention of Guardians? That is not the way to treat people that have supported your game financially... very bad message you are sending.
    Queue position keeps going up and down... ive been waiting for hours! ... if there was any doubt about the server capacity you should not have gone open!
  • Options
    falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    So, I'm sitting here eating my popcorn, and laughing at all the dismay. Those that cry, "this is the worst launch ever!!!!!" Seem to remember similar threads for STO, GW2, TOR, LOTRO, Rift, and on, and on, and on. So what does that tell you, this is a pretty standard launch for a highly anticipated game. In less than a year, Elder Scrolls Online will be the worst launch ever.

It is only standard launch cause of people like you allowing these companies to get away with it so stop being a part of the problem and be part of the solution.
  • Options
    sphbreadmansphbreadman Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    100k queue crew checking in
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    emittere wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of hatred between the groups right now, and no-one comes off looking good.

The Heroes seem to be lording it over everyone. Quoting that Guardians should have read what they were purchasing more carefully (during early advertising both were listed as VIP access and only on reading the smaller print did it differentiate, so this can certainly be forgiven!). Given the state of the economies of most purchasing countries right now, paying $200.00 for a game is a pretty nice luxury to have, especially given the extremely harsh exchange rate and taxed us Europeans faced, so I think perhaps the Heroes should be happy they have the money to spend on something like this, without criticising Guardians for wanting priority access.

The Guardians should all just learn to calm down! You don't buy rights over others (unless you're the 1%-ers of the Heroes), you bought a whole lot of useful items for a game that is great fun to play. You've probably been playing this for days and you know that its going to be a game that you'll be playing for weeks to come, and probably a whole lot longer (depending on how the monetisation system pans out!). There is nothing wrong with playing a F2P game for free and there are some people who can't afford even the smaller amount of $60.00 on a game like this. What about those who paid the $20.00 cost, why shouldn't they have priority? At some point it could just become a dollar by dollar queue system where we crush those with the least money... or something.

And for all those F2P "moochers", stop acting like the Guardians and Heroes have no right to wanting priority. These guys are pretty much the game's financers. Without them, it wouldn't even be here. It's far better to have a game that you're going to play soon rather than a game that never came out at all. Don't enjoy the pain of the Guardians, because they might have been saving for some time for that purchase (I know some who did), and now all of that anticipation has left them in a queue that means they cannot play after work when someone who saw the game for the first time today downloaded it and got in ahead of them.

Oh, and let's not forget the developers. Stop saying that the queues are short. Stop calling this an "open beta" when to all intents and purposes it's a release (full price purchase options with instant rewards, no character wipes, no subsequent release date announced, I'd even bet the advertising budget was focused on this date). There has been great developer response on this forum, but it's sad to see an overly rosy picture painted of the situation. Just admit you screwed up and keep those apologies coming, so we can all be happy for the gameplay when we actually get to play it!

Right, rant over. I'm done being nasty to everyone, so hopefully we can all be nice to each other soon!

There's only one small problem with this post... Neither party is a major contributor. A simple Google search for "Perfect World investors" brings up their fact sheet: http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/images/factsheet_n.pdf. (The important part being the price/share).
    Sorry guys. Your $200 and $60 and $20 packages are really just a drop in the bucket. You bought a cash shop item before the game released.

Congrats Guardians, you bought 6 shares. Except you didn't because you bought a cash shop item and are in no way an invested party to Perfect World.
  • Options
    othingarothingar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Interesting how the Neverwinter community has polarized into a three class society. The rich Heros, middle class Guardians, and welfare F2P.

Someone should do a paper on this forum thread.
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG! You people complaining about the high number jump in queue position ... do you read?! READ THE ORIGINAL POST!

Here let me show you ....
    Update 1: We’re aware of issues related to queues and are investigating. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll update you with an ETA for the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    benidict10benidict10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seems like cryptic ...have done it again ! was it evr really going too go smooth as silk ...anyone remember sto !
  • Options
    corvusncorvusn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i want people to stop trolling on others for voicing their opinions

Yet here you are, doing the exact same thing. People are voicing their opinions that some posters are acting like self-entitled mouth-breathers and are calling them out on it and you're trolling them.

What a vicious little cycle we have here.
  • Options
    sindarialsindarial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Silverstar says it all. Don't hate cuz your jelous of my title :p

Totally jealous. But, I'm in, so see ya! :D
  • Options
    draconainstardraconainstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay I do not mind waiting to play a game hell ive been waiting since PWE posted that they were in charge of the Never winter MMO. Today is my birthday and i was excited that it came to open beta on my Birthday. what i am complaining about is the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Que's what the **** thanks for the birthday present.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    BTW why do you keep calling it "Guardin of the North" it's called "Guardian of Neverwinter"
    Check here : http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    falcor13 wrote: »
    It is only standard launch cause of people like you allowing these companies to get away with it so stop being a part of the problem and be part of the solution.

There is no problem, because these things are out of our control, it's called a beta for a reason.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    occeloccel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    So, I'm sitting here eating my popcorn, and laughing at all the dismay. Those that cry, "this is the worst launch ever!!!!!" Seem to remember similar threads for STO, GW2, TOR, LOTRO, Rift, and on, and on, and on. So what does that tell you, this is a pretty standard launch for a highly anticipated game. In less than a year, Elder Scrolls Online will be the worst launch ever.

Lmao I agree, i was there for most of those launches. Im a guardian and i find all this funny as hell.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So, if I am in the queue, has my character been save or do I need to wait until I get into the game? And is this queue only for the first log on?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Totally jealous. But, I'm in, so see ya! :D
    Me too LOL see ya time to get my CW on!!!
  • Options
    pure1pure1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, didnt expect this after forking out 60.00. I am not complaining, just bored in q and was thinking maybe Cryptic will have a look at this thread and realize that they should consider making the q tiered for Guardians also. I am patient and will continue to wait. It is just a suggestion. I am a little disappointed :(
  • Options
    lukecage#5283 lukecage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I had doing it all over again I will still pay $60 dollars real life needs is more important then paying whole lot of money to play a game.
  • Options
    dethfrmabv1989dethfrmabv1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dell44 wrote: »
    What about Guardians?

Yes, paying $60 for a free game should give us this benefit just the same as people that paid more. This seems a bit unfair to pay for a game that we have no more right to play than the people that haven't even logged once.
  • Options
    rgrmrdthrgrmrdth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe at this stage of the game (the beginning) Guardians [we] should have priority over "non" paying gamers [them]. However, (I am pretty sure) Cryptic [it] does not want to alienate [them]. The income [it] will get from [them] is more than the $60 [we] gave combined. Since, I am one of the [we] - I want priority (meh). :D
  • Options
    pirebpireb Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    sbfuse wrote: »
    Finally!!! You are exactly right and people that think otherwise are kidding themselves. The people made a big mistake. Been in plenty of launches that never had near these issues. Hope that their amatuerness doesn't screw the future content of this game.

Yeah they have already managed to drive two games down the toilet, so i have no hopes that they learned anything.
  • Options
    eq2imoraeq2imora Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh.

"Honey can you log me in? I get off work in 2 hours and I'd like to be able to play after dinner."

If I wanted queue times like this I'd go back to wow and play on Illidan Horde.
  • Options
    omekk13omekk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    falcor13 wrote: »
    Another person being part of the problem.

I like how relaxing and not stressing or complaining is being "part of the problem."
  • Options
    falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lets all stop payment on our credit cards and take back control.
This discussion has been closed.