What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    dragomir29dragomir29 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The queue system is a new minigame. Guess the numbers.
  • Options
    kongh84kongh84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You may experience a short queue

:o

Really?
  • Options
    sbfusesbfuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure all of us have other games to play. Play another game till these people get theirs heads out of their asses. It's no secret that there was gonna be this many people trying to log in today. The company knew this as well and obviously did not prepare for it like they should have. Bugs are fine but this is nothing more than amateur on their part.
  • Options
    kenjukunkenjukun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I seriously hope not, that would make spending money on this thing a waste. I'd rather this game not turn into a sub tier thing. Next thing you know, it will be pay-to-win. Thankfully I'm not on pins and needles about getting in and playing right away, I'll check in later and see how it's going.
  • Options
    vhalembervhalember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sirqus wrote: »
    Check your ingame mail, there you'll find your mount and goodies..

Haha my bad. Forgot to mention that I did check the in game mail, still nothing.
  • Options
    holeesschittholeesschitt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *OPEN BETA*
    Nuff said!
  • Options
    kalie1kalie1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I don't have the patience to stand in a queue for long periods of time. Maybe I'll come back in a few weeks.
  • Options
    llphantomllllphantomll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you people are going to complain so much then stop playing, at least that will help the rest of us, but ya they really underestimated how many people would join this game, for all you people who payed and are upset just calm down, maybe they can use that money to open another server and that would help everyone, including yourself.
    The only other thing i can think of is if they implement a filter system that starts to boots players who are afk for over a certain amount of time once the servers get too full.
  • Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    actually it took me around 1 hour and a half to just login.
  • Options
    thekuinuthekuinu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FYI, guys. I just passed through the queue.

It's ironic that I've spent this time reading all your rage, and still got in the game.
    1118002_o.gif

Hint: Apply the example.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    I paid for the $60 pack, played over the weekend.

I was expecting to be stuck in a queue this afternoon after work. I don't know how anyone couldn't see this coming, it's happened to every mmo ever made. *shrug* not that big of a deal.

Never happened to me in EQ1&2, WoW, Aion, SWTOR...and a bunch more I don't feel like listing. Anyway, that's the way it is, so we have to deal with it..so buck up and no more tears.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was at 200 in queue. It's back to 25k :)
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Just was at 1982 then went back up to 17k, Just got owned by the Q
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    lippy777lippy777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol i was like number 3k and jump to 21k now i see the problem is the programer dont know base math
  • Options
    emittereemittere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't help but wonder whether:

a) Did player numbers massively exceed expectations, or

b) Has it become the standard practice for newly released multiplayer games to undersupply servers to save on costs?

We seem to see more and more launches by games that do not have the server structure to support the week 1 attention they receive, leading to dissatisfaction among the user-base. With a game based around group play it's not much fun when 2/5 of your group can't get into the game.
  • Options
    vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2013
    I would have thought, and I'm not trying to be a *****, that founders would have their own server shard on an open beta launch. That may be naive but it seems to make sense, since the shards are just temporary <shrug>

p.s. I'm a FTP'er until I see it being worth the investment but I can see how paying 160 bucks for no entry would SUCK
  • Options
    joew46joew46 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    always makes me laugh with the way these goons are whining and demanding to get in..it says free to play you just pay for the extras is all grow up or go play something else?
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *OPEN BETA*
    Nuff said!
    doubt you know what a open beta is... they are selling retail value, no wipes etc. for all purposes this is full release, it got nothing to do with beta, dont kid yourself.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    speaking as a freeloading moocher.... The sheer tears from Guardians who didnt ****ing read what they were buying and now want to pretend spending a paltry 60 bucks on a game entitles them to act like sultans is giving me all the entertainment I need for this queue.
  • Options
    kalistwkalistw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4158, yay!
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    edit: Wow, the forum mangled my quote of the OP.

What's I'd like to see is "Update 3: Players who are disconnected from the server will skip the queue if they reconnect within 5 minutes of the DC."
  • Options
    blackhorse3blackhorse3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That would make it difficult to play with non-founder friends...
    vorphe wrote: »
    I would have thought, and I'm not trying to be a *****, that founders would have their own server shard on an open beta launch. That may be naive but it seems to make sense, since the shards are just temporary <shrug>

p.s. I'm a FTP'er until I see it being worth the investment but I can see how paying 160 bucks for no entry would SUCK
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    doubt you know what a open beta is... they are selling retail value, no wipes etc. for all purposes this is full release, it got nothing to do with beta, dont kid yourself.

Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find.
  • Options
    sbfusesbfuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lmao...just went from 3k to 16k after of about 45mins. Major f..k up on their part. No excuses. Who is the joke on though? ME! Good thing im far from broke.
  • Options
    socratic85socratic85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    would be nice if guardians could have priority...we are paying costumers after all...
  • Options
    fizzilwizzilfizzilwizzil Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    speaking as a freeloading moocher.... The sheer tears from Guardians who didnt ****ing read what they were buying and now want to pretend spending a paltry 60 bucks on a game entitles them to act like sultans is giving me all the entertainment I need for this queue.

****, I paid $60 and I am enjoying this.
  • Options
    mark15912mark15912 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I understand the queue problem. It seems to me, at least, the queue does go down but it goes up randomly to around the same number at in which case should be a bug. Your real number is the lower number that might show sometimes but it does go down. The high number is a fake and seems to be around the same number which was my original queue when i was joined x 2.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    5k6 - 34k - 36k :lol

At a rough guess the beta capacity is at least 100k light :D

back to 5k

Looks like a well planned MMO launch... (nothing new for the industry :D )

Back to 36k
  • Options
    surathanisurathani Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh the arrogance of the " un-invested". Yes, people whom have paid deserved a little QOS.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited April 2013
    kyzeru wrote: »
    It's NOT necessarily a hardware issue, but a software issue...they have to MAKE SURE the server software can handle the player load before allowing hundreds of thousands of people to log on... It's not like this is their official Launch day...it's the opening of the Open Beta...which is designed to TEST their servers and get these bugs sorted out...

Seriously...do people even understand the concept of a BETA anymore?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree. If they are taking money and not wiping anymore it's not beta. I've been beta testing games for 20 years and this new trend is kind of sad. It's almost like it's a way for developers to avoid the launch day complaints.

That said people shouldn't' be shocked by queues. It's nothing new and should be expected. It's also a good sign that there's interest in the game.
This discussion has been closed.