test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow this is total BS why doesn't any one else other then founders in on BWE4 they already get a 3 or 5 day headstart

you guys (PWE and Cryptic) really need to change this is completely unfair

btw if i had $200 or even $60 to send on this game yeah i would but as many may know time of hard and money isn't growing on trees now is it :P

It is the developer's way of saying "Thank you" to those who are willing and able to support the game. No need to be upset, instead be happy that the game was made by a company that is willing to reward it's supporters.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    It is the developer's way of saying "Thank you" to those who are willing and able to support the game. No need to be upset, instead be happy that the game was made by a company that is willing to reward it's supporters.

You just asked someone who wants everything to be free and handed out right here and now to be happy for something they are going to get to play completely free and which he will not spend a dime on . . . I give you kudos for your optimism and attempt :) ~thumbs up~
  • monsterwzmonsterwz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where we obtain beta key fot this beta weekend ?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm quite comfortable with the Founder's getting exclusive access to BW4. I'm looking forward to Open Beta.
    Star Trek Online Forum:
    Where "the Human Adventure is Just Beginning."
    >> PWE Community Rules and Policies <<
    Exploring STO Since July 2008
  • manz2001manz2001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ii a key needed for the open beta ? if so how are they obtained, or are keys not required when it goes open ?
  • tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    manz2001 wrote: »
    Ii a key needed for the open beta ? if so how are they obtained, or are keys not required when it goes open ?

No key needed for Open Beta. The servers will be open for all!

Tiko
  • manz2001manz2001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No key needed for Open Beta. The servers will be open for all!

Tiko

thx for speedy response :)
  • xavrathxavrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    monsterwz wrote: »
    Where we obtain beta key fot this beta weekend ?

If you read the original post it was quite clear. Only players who purchased a Hero of the North, or Guardian of the North pack can control their own ability to be able to play beta weekend 4. The only way you can play bw4 without a purchase is to get somebody who purchased the Hero of the North pack to send you their unused beta weekend invite key.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Even if people don't get into BW4 they can get into open BETA shortly thereafter:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Neverwinter-Open-Beta-Begins-April-30th-54333.html
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well. I'm out. Was fun guys, see you all in TESO.
  • asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there be access to the, as yet un revealed new character type //class on the April 12-14 weekend ? Or on the April 30th Open Beta start ?
    I sort of refuse to pay to make a character i wont use once a ranged class is introduced, assumeing the new character is a ranger //hunter of course.
    PS. for founders Open Beta starts on April 25th ?
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    April 25 for Heroes of the North, April 27 for Guardians and April 30 for all.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    April 25 for Heroes of the North, April 27 for Guardians and April 30 for all.

Ok thanks , now just answer WHEN the new class//race is playable and ill go buy a founders pack ?
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    No official info on that im afraid. But even if the new class will be introduced on BW4 or Open Beta it will probably be Warlock.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • wolfenhowlwolfenhowl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know when we will be able to log on for BW4? I can see the days stamped in more places but can't find an exact time,it's my first NW beta weekend I'm getting into,been on the fence about the game until recently.
    edited April 2013
    No official info on that im afraid. But even if the new class will be introduced on BW4 or Open Beta it will probably be Warlock.
    SO 2 casters AND a cleric, and missing the single biggest MMO/Role Playing /fantasy, class ? Well thats saved me $600 as my 2 sons and me wont be getting founders packs then. Massssive oversight there, and im guessing the next new class will be MONK.....which is why i refused to play DIABLO 3.
    edited April 2013
    wolfenhowl wrote: »
    Anyone know when we will be able to log on for BW4? I can see the days stamped in more places but can't find an exact time,it's my first NW beta weekend I'm getting into,been on the fence about the game until recently.

If you are not a Founder then you cant play during BW4, you must wait for Open Beta on April 30.
    asboe wrote: »
    SO 2 casters AND a cleric, and missing the single biggest MMO/Role Playing /fantasy, class ? Well thats saved me $600 as my 2 sons and me wont be getting founders packs then. Massssive oversight there, and im guessing the next new class will be MONK.....which is why i refused to play DIABLO 3.

Like i said, no official info - Warlock is speculated because some folks saw ingame items for them, but on the other hand Devs said that thay are working on Ranger class. Noone knows for sure.
  • wolfenhowlwolfenhowl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you are not a Founder then you cant play during BW4, you must wait for Open Beta on April 30.

Ok,so what is the time again...?
    edited April 2013
    Previous beta weekends started at 12:00 PM PDT, so my guess is BW4 will be the same.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info
  • djdiondjdion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can we purchase 3 of all packet?

cozi want the items for collecting
    edited April 2013
    You can only buy each package once, but you can buy all 3 of them to get all rewards.
  • hadschibatschhadschibatsch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Hi here something that troubels me.
    First thing that makes me concerned is the information I found, that obviuosly it seems that all Players who did not buy a founder or guardian pack do get their account whiped. And I did not find any other statement concerning the whipe of accounts! And the search functiuon of this forum i not realy working!
    Second thing that troubels me is that only the buyers of the guardian or founder Pack do get access to the last beta!
    So for my part I did support the game, I did buy a mount. So I spended around 50
    Hi here something that troubels me.
    First thing that makes me concerned is the information I found, that obviuosly it seems that all Players who did not buy a founder or guardian pack do get their account whiped. And I did not find any other statement concerning the whipe of accounts! And the search functiuon of this forum i not realy working!
    Second thing that troubels me is that only the buyers of the guardian or founder Pack do get access to the last beta!
    So for my part I did support the game, I did buy a mount. So I spended around 50 EUR to get it. Why did I not buy a pack? Well because I do not like the Mounts in both of them and the 200 EUR Pack was also to expensive for me.
    So compared to the Pack I spended more money on items then the guys paying for a guardian of neverwinter pack but still do not get access. Ok I didnt plan to buy the mount to get access to a specific closed beta - but I am a bit pissed when the statement shows up, the dev thanks us with this special beta access for supporting the game! So actualy that means they look down on me on me because I bought another product!
    That is not nice, especially if they also punish me by whiping my account!
    edited April 2013
    How did you spend 50 EUR? If you bought Zen, then it will be given back to you at launch.
    All accounts (characters) will be wiped after 4th BW, doesnt matter if you are Founder or not.
  • karse2013karse2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I buy the founder pack, what exactly the friend I give the gold token will get?
    edited April 2013
    karse2013 wrote: »
    If I buy the founder pack, what exactly the friend I give the gold token will get?

Access to BW4 this Friday.
  • noalternativesnoalternatives Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I purchased the Guardian of NeverWinter pack yesterday. Will I receive a Beta Key for access this weekend? I would like to know as I am trying to plan out my weekend and want to make sure I receive an access key.
  • xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    I purchased the Guardian of NeverWinter pack yesterday. Will I receive a Beta Key for access this weekend? I would like to know as I am trying to plan out my weekend and want to make sure I receive an access key.
    You will not get an access key, because you don't need one. Simply buying the pack under your account will make you eligible. You'll be able to log in when beta starts.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • noalternativesnoalternatives Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank You for the response. Very much appreciated.
  • bloodwalkbloodwalk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So.. I just checked my mail a couple days ago and found out I got a key on the 20th of march, been waiting all this time, and I didn't think to read more thoroughly. Now I understand.. this game is p2p even in CB. =/ Uninstalled.