test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    This will probably not continue anymore... :(

I'd say you're almost certainly incorrect. Although we've had no word yet, typically Cryptic has some longer beta periods after they do their "beta weekends". They have to get some numbers on how things do when they're played overnight, not just during a short monitoring window while they're heavily instrumented.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrmcsmokey wrote: »
    Lol..it shows my join date as Apr...but I have had an account for almost 2 years

The first day you logged in after the merge in mid 2012 is the date shown there. Though your other joined date is also in their archive database somewhere.
  • Options
    wildoneleewildonelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrmcsmokey wrote: »
    The day the Beta Access was mentioned; I signed up..now it beens MONTHS and still nothin. So much for the hundreds of $$ I spent on Star Trek...guess they sqeezed me dry...too bad really; NeverWinter has been a favorite series for years...

Had you been a lifetime member on star trek , you would have had access to beta weekend two and three , so you must not have made that comitment ! lucky for you , this game will be F2P , so you will have access to it !
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    Very keen to hear any sort of timeframe for Neverwinter going forward. Even some word on the possibility of more beta weekends, or failing that, a big-*** open beta!

Got any scraps to feed us from the table devs?
  • Options
    grapeyougrapeyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    should update this thread to reflect the new BW4 dates, and Open beta- CMs/Mods gogo!
    edit- Also why doesnt my forum title say Guardian?
    5449631NHZIB.png
  • Options
    fashn1kfashn1k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    grapeyou wrote: »
    should update this thread to reflect the new BW4 dates, and Open beta- CMs/Mods gogo!
    edit- Also why doesnt my forum title say Guardian?

You have to set that yourself under profile management.
  • Options
    grapeyougrapeyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah got it, tyvm
    5449631NHZIB.png
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    Updated with Beta Weekend Four dates and information. Thank you, Neverwinter Founders, for your support to ensure the game will be an incredible success!
  • Options
    riddickilousriddickilous Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry if it is off-topic.

But I would really like to participate in the next betaweekend, which is probably the last one before open beta.
    I will need to buy a starter-package, which I would have no problem with.
    But there is one little thing to check first. before I invest money!
    I live in a little village in Germany. In most MMO's my ping is okay (like ~100ms). But only if the server is not too far away from my location. SWTOR for example, that had their servers in Dublin, was unplayable for me sometimes, so I quit.

Since I couldnt find any information about the server locations in Europe, I'm asking you guys. Any experience on the beta weekends? People from Europe with a poor to moderate connection having lag issues?
  • Options
    j4utnj4utn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I live east coast of the UK and my ping was always sub 100 (usually around 30 - 40), game played pretty well tho I did get some very minor rubber banding, my friends had much more rubber banding than me and they live closer to London generally. When we entered instanced dungeons it was fine, only the open zones were suffering with lag.

That said we were on the Beta servers, the release servers may be a different beast entirely so it's probably not such a good idea to base decision on the pings during Beta unless anyone is able to confirm that release server(s) are the same as the Beta server(s)?

No idea where the servers are based sorry.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Updated with Beta Weekend Four dates and information. Thank you, Neverwinter Founders, for your support to ensure the game will be an incredible success!

Does what you posted mean that all the PAX/PC Gamer, plus all the other people in the previous betas wont be in beta 4?
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does what you posted mean that all the PAX/PC Gamer, plus all the other people in the previous betas wont be in beta 4?
    You got it.
  • Options
    pensspenss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And why so few people you allow to BW?
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Im glad I got a Guardian pack!!
  • Options
    llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You're welcome, of course. All thanks to my humble generosity and modest contributions. You should be thankful I was so Supporting. *wry grin*
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let me preface this post by clarifying that I can get into BW4 since I bought a founder's pack. This is not an "I wanna get into beta" post - I'm in.

I am deeply disappointed that Lifetime subs of CO and STO will not be able to get into BW4. Not only is it a mild snub to some of your most loyal supporters, but I am alarmed that you appear to want a smaller testing pool for the final pre-launch beta weekend. ( Personally, I perceive your calling April 30 an 'open beta' as disingenuous legal manoeuvring, and it makes me more cautious about spending any more money on the game, but that's another subject. )

I still remember the disastrous launch-day patch of Champions Online, rushed out because significant issues were not identified until headstart began. The changes did more harm than good (many were eventually reversed or otherwise compensated for) and the game never recovered. To avoid a similar fate, you need every single bug and balance issue identified, and the steps to reproduce them discovered and communicated, before headstart. To achieve this, you should consider increasing your pool of beta testers, not reducing it.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    wildoneleewildonelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    txhawk wrote: »
    Let me preface this post by clarifying that I can get into BW4 since I bought a founder's pack. This is not an "I wanna get into beta" post - I'm in.

I am deeply disappointed that Lifetime subs of CO and STO will not be able to get into BW4. Not only is it a mild snub to some of your most loyal supporters, but I am alarmed that you appear to want a smaller testing pool for the final pre-launch beta weekend. ( Personally, I perceive your calling April 30 an 'open beta' as disingenuous legal manoeuvring, and it makes me more cautious about spending any more money on the game, but that's another subject. )

I still remember the disastrous launch-day patch of Champions Online, rushed out because significant issues were not identified until headstart began. The changes did more harm than good (many were eventually reversed or otherwise compensated for) and the game never recovered. To avoid a similar fate, you need every single bug and balance issue identified, and the steps to reproduce them discovered and communicated, before headstart. To achieve this, you should consider increasing your pool of beta testers, not reducing it.
    Agree with this quote . Also i have a question . why all the sign up for beta ? Just a way to get people intrested , so they would buy the packs ? From what i have heard none of those people recieved a key , i know i didn't , altho i bought the PC gamer for the code .maybe you could send the people who registered some keys ?
  • Options
    thorordragonbanethorordragonbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    txhawk wrote: »

you have a good point im not arguing that . I just thought that this bw4 is more of a perk for founders than an actual beta , so maybe they are confident with the state of the game. kind of a " here u go guys thanks for the support " thing
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am on the fence with the STO lifers, etc. thing. BUT then I look at the fact that the open beta releases very quickly thereafter and think that it's not so bad. And since everyone is starting fresh with the final wipe, we'll all be on even ground pretty much. :)
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So, there will be no beta key giveaway for BW4? Only Founders will be allowed to play?
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    So, there will be no beta key giveaway for BW4? Only Founders will be allowed to play?

So far this has been announced! By and by maybe they will do giveaways!
  • Options
    raggnaxraggnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When will the character wipe happen? After B4 or the open beta?
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So far this has been announced! By and by maybe they will do giveaways!

Yeah, im not worried about myself, but my friend isnt Founder.
    raggnax wrote: »
    When will the character wipe happen? After B4 or the open beta?

After BW4. Open Beta is basically launch, so Founders get head start and so on.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    raggnaxraggnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Yeah, im not worried about myself, but my friend isnt Founder.

After BW4. Open Beta is basically launch, so Founders get head start and so on.

Thanks for the quick info. I made a rogue and wizard just to mess around with no attention of having them as long term characters. Now i know i have one more beta to experiment moreso then trying to lvl a character as a main.
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    At last :) finaly announced the open beta I knew PWE/Cryptic would not let us down
  • Options
    xanaqxanaq Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No bw4 access for sto lifers?
  • Options
    waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I cannot help but wonder why people who bought a product for a different game and got perks for that game (STO) expect to get something extra in this game as well. If you want the perks for this game, then buy a product for this game.

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    xanaqxanaq Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already got something, i got previous bw access, just wondering if ill get access to bw4 also.
    This game not good enough to put money into.
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    xanaq wrote: »
    I'm sorry you feel that way. For those of us who do feel it is worth money, we get some perks above and beyond what non-payers get, mainly, closed beta access. See you in Open Beta on the 30th!
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    misfitkittymisfitkitty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xanaq wrote: »
    I already got something, i got previous bw access, just wondering if ill get access to bw4 also.

With that said, I would guess you (and folks with the same opinion) would be last in line to get into closed beta. At least I would hope so :/