test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Please do have a look at the Original Post in this thread folks, for when you do, you'll see that there is no currently scheduled Beta Testing going on.
  • ahnickahnick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    might i ask pls.. i would like to noe do the game support MAC pc?
    n can malaysia citizen can play? if can only will purchase the founder pack..
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    ahnick wrote: »
    might i ask pls.. i would like to noe do the game support MAC pc?
    n can malaysia citizen can play? if can only will purchase the founder pack..
    Currently, there is no word on Mac Support. However, with use of things similar to WINE or other Win OS Emulators, it should be possible.

Q: What are the System Requirements for Neverwinter?

Recommended System Requirements:
    OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP 2, Windows 7 or Windows 8
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz CPU equivalent or better
    Memory: 2GB RAM or more
    Video: GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 2900GT performance or better, 512MB+ video ram
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers
    Broadband Internet Connection Required

Minimum System Requirements:
    Processor: Dual-core 2.0GHz CPU or better
    Memory: 1GB RAM
    Video: Shader Model 2.0 or higher, GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon X850 performance, 128MB+ video ram
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers
    Broadband Internet Connection Required

I am not sure about Malaysia itself, but I do not believe any country is IP Restricted. Whether you'll be playing in on the North American Release or the European Release, I am not sure. If you can connect to and play STO or CO, you should be able to play NWO just fine as NWO uses an advanced version, compaired to STO's and CO's, of the Cryptic Engine.

If you are region blocked, it would be most likely be due to internal Country-related matters (such as with China's Censoring "Firewall").
  • ahnickahnick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erm.. i can play wow n guild wars 2 i guess i can play neverwinter rite?
    edited April 2013
    erm.. i can play wow n guild wars 2 i guess i can play neverwinter rite?
    If you're asking from a Technical/Graphical stand-point, I cannot comment on that as none of those games are made by Cryptic and do not use the Cryptic Engine. If you mean from a Region Blocking stand-point, then my answer is the same - I cannot answer that as those are not Crytpic Games and are run on very different architectures and servers.

If you have the spare time, you may want to go and download and try playing either Champions Online or Star Trek Online, as the play ability and access to these two games would be a good signifier of one's future ability to play Neverwinter Online. They are both free to download and free to play games. The only difference in such a regard is that Neverwinter is wholly a F2P game, while CO and STO are hybrid F2P games that also have Subscription Options. NWO will not have a Subscription option.
    edited April 2013
    sry i not mention about the graphic .. grapihc i have no problem , problem is i can connect to it or not .. is regarding about the connection
  • endzeittanzforumendzeittanzforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi, i just downloaded Neverwinter and just wanted to start it, but i recieve a message that i got an account error, followed the Link bout further information, there's written that we recieve this while the servers aren't available, but server status says green, ....
    So can anyone tell my what i could try to start it?
    edited April 2013
    Hi, i just downloaded Neverwinter and just wanted to start it, but i recieve a message that i got an account error, followed the Link bout further information, there's written that we recieve this while the servers aren't available, but server status says green, ....
    So can anyone tell my what i could try to start it?

Please go here then reply and let me know what it says underneath the Key Redeem Field.

The server light, while testing is happening, is not something you should pay attention to. Half the time it is offline even though it is on, and vice verse. Suffice to say, there is no public testing going on right now, so you have no game to log into.
  • endzeittanzforumendzeittanzforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Please go here then reply and let me know what it says underneath the Key Redeem Field.

The server light, while testing is happening, is not something you should pay attention to. Half the time it is offline even though it is on, and vice verse. Suffice to say, there is no public testing going on right now, so you have no game to log into.

Ah thanks, now it's patching, i thought i've entered the Key already when i registered but didn't download, answer was:
    Congratulations! You have successfully redeemed your access key for Neverwinter!

Redemption Date
    Apr 02 2013 07:36AM

Key Redeemed
    Beta Weekend 3 - IGN

Thanks again for the Link to redeem the Code
    edited April 2013
    Ah thanks, now it's patching, i thought i've entered the Key already when i registered but didn't download, answer was:
    Congratulations! You have successfully redeemed your access key for Neverwinter!

Redemption Date
    Apr 02 2013 07:36AM

Key Redeemed
    Beta Weekend 3 - IGN

Thanks again for the Link to redeem the Code

Most welcome. Just be aware, even after patching you won't be able to play as there is no Beta Testing currently scheduled.
  • igorpetrovichigorpetrovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In April we will have a chance to play, at least one day?! :(
    Dungeons & Dragons
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    Mushrooms don't go in cereal dude.
    Or beer. /10char
  • angryamazonangryamazon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Hi, I am new to this game/forum. I was referred by a friend who played over the last beta weekend and gave great reviews. I see where there's no public test realm at this time.... How will I know if there is another chance to play? I see the beta schedule, but there is nothing currently listed for the future. Does this mean that there is no more chances or that "construction" has halted? If the game is still in production, will I be given the opportunity to get a Key to redeem (I do not have one yet)?

Thanks for your help,

Angry Amazon
    edited April 2013
    sry i not mention about the graphic .. grapihc i have no problem , problem is i can connect to it or not .. is regarding about the connection
    Sorry for taking so long. I was waiting to communicate with my Community Manager and make sure I had some proper information for you on region blocking. Here is the current list of Regions that are blocked from PWE Games. Do note, these are blocked because they are Legally Obligated to due to the respective country's laws and wishes.

Link to Article (game access)

Link to another Article (regstration)

So, from those two articles and that you're registered here, it should be safe to assume that you can connect to PWE Games. However, if you want to really be sure, I would download and try to log into either Star Trek Online or Champions Online.
  • ohran92ohran92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi.
    I installed the game one week ago. i've never play because when i log in there is "Account Error"
  • riddickilousriddickilous Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ohran92 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I installed the game one week ago. i've never play because when i log in there is "Account Error"

Hey, I have the same problem.
    And I found out, that I'm too late for the beta weekends and to early for the game release!

The only thing we can do is waiting and praying to the gods of neverwinter(aka their devs) that it is coming out this april at least... which is unlikely, I'm afraid.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ohran92 wrote: »
    Hi.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4192

Hope it helps
  • ladytwiliteladytwilite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there be any more beta weekends? Or are we just waiting for it to be released now or what? When will the next beta weekends be posted if more are to come?
  • thorordragonbanethorordragonbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    nobody knows yet
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    "Soon"

did i do it right?
  • pensspenss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Admins we up
  • igorpetrovichigorpetrovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This will probably not continue anymore... :(
    Dungeons & Dragons
  • mrmcsmokeymrmcsmokey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

The day the Beta Access was mentioned; I signed up..now it beens MONTHS and still nothin. So much for the hundreds of $$ I spent on Star Trek...guess they sqeezed me dry...too bad really; NeverWinter has been a favorite series for years...
  • mrmcsmokeymrmcsmokey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol..it shows my join date as Apr...but I have had an account for almost 2 years
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    This will probably not continue anymore... :(

I'd say you're almost certainly incorrect. Although we've had no word yet, typically Cryptic has some longer beta periods after they do their "beta weekends". They have to get some numbers on how things do when they're played overnight, not just during a short monitoring window while they're heavily instrumented.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrmcsmokey wrote: »
    Lol..it shows my join date as Apr...but I have had an account for almost 2 years

The first day you logged in after the merge in mid 2012 is the date shown there. Though your other joined date is also in their archive database somewhere.
  • wildoneleewildonelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrmcsmokey wrote: »
    The day the Beta Access was mentioned; I signed up..now it beens MONTHS and still nothin. So much for the hundreds of $$ I spent on Star Trek...guess they sqeezed me dry...too bad really; NeverWinter has been a favorite series for years...

Had you been a lifetime member on star trek , you would have had access to beta weekend two and three , so you must not have made that comitment ! lucky for you , this game will be F2P , so you will have access to it !
  • jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    Very keen to hear any sort of timeframe for Neverwinter going forward. Even some word on the possibility of more beta weekends, or failing that, a big-*** open beta!

Got any scraps to feed us from the table devs?
  • grapeyougrapeyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    should update this thread to reflect the new BW4 dates, and Open beta- CMs/Mods gogo!
    edit- Also why doesnt my forum title say Guardian?
    5449631NHZIB.png
  • fashn1kfashn1k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    grapeyou wrote: »
    should update this thread to reflect the new BW4 dates, and Open beta- CMs/Mods gogo!
    edit- Also why doesnt my forum title say Guardian?

You have to set that yourself under profile management.