test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

Comments

• doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rudnarea wrote: »
    But they are both "f2p". Would gladly pay a monthly fee for a VIP/lifetime type membership like STO and CO. I don't care for micro transactions. I doubt im the only one who feels this way. Guess I'm stuck with it in NWO.

Yes, they are both f2p but CO and STO were developed for a subscription and later turned into a F2P game. Lifetime subscriptions were already sold to those games so they kept a paid subscription as well as a f2p subscription option. This game does not have a paid subscription option so they have no need to offer a stipend.
  • rudnarearudnarea Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    Yes, they are both f2p but CO and STO were developed for a subscription and later turned into a F2P game. Lifetime subscriptions were already sold to those games so they kept a paid subscription as well as a f2p subscription option. This game does not have a paid subscription option so they have no need to offer a stipend.

Personally I would want my own business to create revenue with as many ways as possible. Seems like a missed opportunity to me, and again, I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.
  • rudnarearudnarea Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And it's not like they would have to reinvent the wheel, they already have it set up in 2 other games.
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

tyvm. ive been looking for that little toggle.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
    edited February 2013
    rudnarea wrote: »
    And it's not like they would have to reinvent the wheel, they already have it set up in 2 other games.

But PWE is a f2p company, and Cryptic is now owned by them so PWE will publish this game f2p and not with a subscription.
  • congestivecongestive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    I just purchased the HERO OF THE NORTH pack, although I was mostly interested in the Horse and the Dire Wolf, the 5 days early acess will grant me some names I desire. BUT here is the deal, the page now says I can purchase the GUARDIAN pack, but when I try, I get an error mensage. Someone can tell me why?

I can't tell you anything usefull about your error, but what I do wonder is how you get a dire wolf and horse... I get an armoured spider and a panther...
  • astandraniusastandranius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It seems there is an error with exchange rates when 59.99 USD comes up as 55.99 EUR.
    I would happy to pay the correct 45.99 EUR for 59.99 USD, I am not going to pay 10 more Euros...
    Is there any official thread on this?
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is not an error with exchange rates we pay 20% 25% tax so the hero pack is charged at 189.99 euros and guardian pack is 55.99 euros nothing can be done there are many threads on this, its not cryptic that charge the extra or receive the extra.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    axan29 wrote: »
    There is not an error with exchange rates we pay 20% 25% tax so the hero pack is charged at 189.99 euros and guardian pack is 55.99 euros nothing can be done there are many threads on this, its not cryptic that charge the extra or receive the extra.

This is true.

However, Cryptic could reprice the packages lower for EU members so it ends up the same price, no?
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
    edited February 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    This is true.

However, Cryptic could reprice the packages lower for EU members so it ends up the same price, no?

If they did that, everyone would scream for the lower price.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Unlock exclusive access to the giant

ARMORED SPIDER MOUNT!

Terrorize your foes as you charge into battle atop this eight-legged beast."

Does this mean you have to reach a certain level in order to unlock it?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    edited February 2013
    "Unlock exclusive access to the giant

ARMORED SPIDER MOUNT!

Terrorize your foes as you charge into battle atop this eight-legged beast."

Does this mean you have to reach a certain level in order to unlock it?

You can not ride mounts till lvl 20.
  • mvinstedmvinsted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hero of the north i would gladly get it but i aint no hero i follow the one
    How many players that play evil are you giving....
    sorry il stop fr will always be 2 sidet
    And you say mmo but its single minded mmo il still tri it out ofc
    Fr 4 tje win just hope you dont forget the villians
    CPU - 5i 2500k
    MB - sabertooth Z77
    GPU - x2 msi 660 GTX OC
    RAM - 8 GB 1300 ish ddr3
    OPS - WIN 7
    X2 SSD

The one is my god
    AO had no answer when the one spoke to him
  • stormheartukstormheartuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paid to support the game but my wife would kill if i went for the Hero one hehe.
  • jkcreechjkcreech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know how long the Hero of the North founders pack will be available? Is it only being sold before the game launchs?
  • o0nirgali0oo0nirgali0o Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also curious how much longer this will be available. I will be unable to purchase one before Friday and I'll be slightly upset if it expires before then as I only just now found out about it.
  • athrogatheathrogathe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have bought the hero pack. How do I get the title? I can't find a way to activate the title... I have activated the hero code, and I played the beta with 750.000 AD etc. so the system knows I bought the pack.
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    athrogathe wrote: »
    I have bought the hero pack. How do I get the title? I can't find a way to activate the title... I have activated the hero code, and I played the beta with 750.000 AD etc. so the system knows I bought the pack.

well the game is still in Beta Test so thier testing different things every beta test. I Wasn't able to find the Bag of Holding this time around. But you could get the 750,000 astral diamonds. Didn't notice a free mount this time around you had to buy it with whatever money you earned playing the game. I found a thread in the forum which showed you how to get your forum Title. I don't remember the actual address for it though. Nothing in this beta counts you aren't using anything up that you bought with your pack. When the game goes into Open Beta then you will receive everything offered by the pack you bought.
  • athrogatheathrogathe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also curious how much longer this will be available. I will be unable to purchase one before Friday and I'll be slightly upset if it expires before then as I only just now found out about it.

They have no incentive to stop selling it. They want and need money, so the more the merrier.
    edited March 2013
    eslavac wrote: »
    well the game is still in Beta Test so thier testing different things every beta test. I Wasn't able to find the Bag of Holding this time around. But you could get the 750,000 astral diamonds. Didn't notice a free mount this time around you had to buy it with whatever money you earned playing the game. I found a thread in the forum which showed you how to get your forum Title. I don't remember the actual address for it though. Nothing in this beta counts you aren't using anything up that you bought with your pack. When the game goes into Open Beta then you will receive everything offered by the pack you bought.

Aye, I know about the reset of money spent and AD spent in beta stage. I did a searh for hero title and easily enough I found out how to get the title. I was just lazy before I guess. Or the forums could be better organized:) Anyway, UserCP - permission group = set grp (for instance founders group).
  • fufudothfufudoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sigh everyone buys the big package.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mvinsted wrote: »
    Hero of the north i would gladly get it but i aint no hero i follow the one
    How many players that play evil are you giving....
    sorry il stop fr will always be 2 sidet
    And you say mmo but its single minded mmo il still tri it out ofc
    Fr 4 tje win just hope you dont forget the villians

Could you speak clearly please. Not that jibba jabba your trying to say. Thanks :)
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • samaelucifersamaelucifer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could you speak clearly please. Not that jibba jabba your trying to say. Thanks :)

Agreed. :P

Just read through the 21 pages of the thread, and couldn't help shaking my head at how so many people had to ask questions that were already answered. Sigh.

Went for the hero pack since I've always been a Salvatore fan. I hope the devs will be motivated to make this successful. D&D online was a disappointment, and I've been looking forward to this for some time. Now excuse me while I get back to finishing the books. :3
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I didn't see an answer to this, so lets give it a try:
    20$ has a "1 adventurer's helper pack"
    60$ & 200$ have "ADVENTURER'S HELPER PACK"

It has been stated that you can buy the 20$ pack any number of times.

So the questions at hand:
    for the 200 & 60 packs, do you get the AHP on each char, or is it only a 1 time unlock?
    for the 20$, same thing, each char or just 1 time?

Also, is there a maximum number of bag's of holding a character can use? I know they "stack" but if you can only carry say 5 bags, that would mean your maxed at 5 founders packs, and people that buy, say, 10 aren't they kinda screwed out of some money unless they know the max ahead of time?
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to answer your first question
    -
    source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

adventurer's helper pack

Contains six different types of helpful items to start your adventure (one per account)
    -
    To answer your 2nd question I don't think you can have more than 1 founders pack per account as the option to purchase is is gone for me (as I have purchased it). It would also be pointless to buy more than 1 founder's pack.

The Small Bag of Holding has an extra 12 slots, based on the name of the bag, I have to assume that more bags will be available with more slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    earlier in the thread, it was posted you can buy any number of the 20$ packs, and 1 each of the 60 and 200.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • yggytreeyggytree Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    Are these retroactive? Meaning those who purchased these Packs before this offer was put up, are they also getting the Games Gift Package?
  • axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yggytree wrote: »
    Are these retroactive? Meaning those who purchased these Packs before this offer was put up, are they also getting the Games Gift Package?

It does say in red writing we are, but loving the freebies but more so the overhall of the packs, 2mill astral diamonds now in the hero pack and 600k in the guardian. awesome. think they need to mention the changes as well as the freebies.

I am wondering if the bag of holding is for every character in the hero packs as it is now in the starter pack, I know it was oringially but it does not state per character or per account like everything else does.
  • o7deadlysinso7deadlysins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    Okay, so I appoligise before hand, but out of curiousity. How long does it take for the Hero of the North title to show up on the fourms? Or do you have to manually change it? My fiancee just bought me mine. :3
  • gorgonaughtgorgonaught Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gratz sins! ;) Why don't you have your fiancee' call my wife and tell her to get on the ball and buy me a Founders Pack already!!!! LOL! :D
    Control is an illusion!!!