test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

Comments

• exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    I have a quick question that I havent seen come up yet. After purchasing the Guardian of Neverwinter pack, I did not recieve a beta key...does that mean that the pack being on my transaction history is automatically the beta key??? Thanks for your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darrichhadarrichha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was quite excited about Neverwinter Online, and went to the web site to buy the Guardian of Neverwinter pack for 59,99$ = 330 kr danish currency.
    I clicked to buy, and were transferred to a payment page.
    Now the price is 55,99 euro = 435 kr danish currency

I kind of lost my appetite there....32% raised price by one click to buy.

Better fix this or you will lose a lot of beta pack sales in europe.
  • adomas2adomas2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi,

in this site we got the choice between 3 languages: french, german, english,
    In trying to buy the founder pack in putting as country : france or america, it puts me always the same pack "pp_nw_founders_pack_hero_eu"
    1) So, is the pack is the same for the 3 languages?

2) They said character will be delete at the end of each week end beta so if i have the panthera, spider, bag 12 slots on a beta character, it will be deleted too? or it will be reusable for the official game?
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We're billing a number of these items as exclusive, so I'd assume that these will be only for Hero players.

I don't see any of the mouseovers that say "exclusive" on them. Is it safe to interpret 'Unique" as "Exclusive" then?
  • tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    is what you get in entirety for that package. The "so much more" is both referring to what's above that wording and the value of the game itself from that pack including the advanced date game play. Please don't ask what else you get since it's all on that page, thanks.

Disappointing and really no need for the confusing marketing spiel of "SO MUCH MORE!" When in fact there isn't really anything more than what is listed.
    Companions are beings that fight for your behalf while mounts are NOT and are transportation. I'm not sure if "hits" are being publicly discussed so I can't go into detail about the armoring and attacks with mounts.

What I meant by my statement was that the Guardian's Pack also got a mount and a companion, but at a much cheaper cost. Thanks for your replies iamtruthseeker.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    darrichha wrote: »
    I was quite excited about Neverwinter Online, and went to the web site to buy the Guardian of Neverwinter pack for 59,99$ = 330 kr danish currency.
    I clicked to buy, and were transferred to a payment page.
    Now the price is 55,99 euro = 435 kr danish currency

I kind of lost my appetite there....32% raised price by one click to buy.

Better fix this or you will lose a lot of beta pack sales in europe.

I was upset aswell, til they told me it was a 25% vat, silly me for still thinking vat was only 17.5%, after that was added up, it only ended up being 2-3 dollars more paid in euros
    and that could be from exchange rate flux, if they set the price awhile ago.
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They announced these packs, and they do look very nice. You go and get one, or two, play the Beta, and it is not what you expected. You decide to not play the game, will you get a refund? Of course, this will be a decision you will need to make before the Official launch date. If you look at it, this pack idea is very much like the Lifetime subs of STO and CO, which brings an influx of cash right away to get things rolling.

I'm a double time Lifer with Cryptic, but experience has shown that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Official clarification is required for this question. Yes, I've gotten my moneys worth back from my Life Subs a long time ago.

As for Me, I'm going all in with NW. :)

Thanks
  • zalenex323zalenex323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OKay I have a few questions if a Moderator or Dev could answer for me before I purchase a founder's pack. When is the final date I can purchase the Hero of the North pack, I would like to try the beta first then decide if I want to purchase the pack. Most importantly to me is will new content and new classes or races that must be purchased to play be able to be paid by astral diamonds or will that solely be cash only. I am asking because I would want to spend the $200 dollars if it meant I never have to spend money on the game again but if new content cannot be purchased with astral diamonds that is something I believe we all would want to know before we buy the packs. Thank you.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    zalenex323 wrote: »
    OKay I have a few questions if a Moderator or Dev could answer for me before I purchase a founder's pack. When is the final date I can purchase the Hero of the North pack, I would like to try the beta first then decide if I want to purchase the pack. Most importantly to me is will new content and new classes or races that must be purchased to play be able to be paid by astral diamonds or will that solely be cash only. I am asking because I would want to spend the $200 dollars if it meant I never have to spend money on the game again but if new content cannot be purchased with astral diamonds that is something I believe we all would want to know before we buy the packs. Thank you.
    There hasn't been a date announced. They said on Twitter that they will continue to sell the Founder Packs through out the Beta Weekends however.
  • arrlissarrliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2013
    If you buy the Hero of the North pack--as far as the Foundry access, does that mean that you can work in the Foundry now? What, specifically and exactly are you getting for the Foundry benefit?

Since I was not a Moonstone, it would be great to be able to work on adventures every day in anticipation of open beta, and eventually release.
  • tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    arrliss wrote: »
    If you buy the Hero of the North pack--as far as the Foundry access, does that mean that you can work in the Foundry now? What, specifically and exactly are you getting for the Foundry benefit?

Since I was not a Moonstone, it would be great to be able to work on adventures every day in anticipation of open beta, and eventually release.
    It's my understanding that the Foundry isn't a standalone application and requires you to login into the game then from the selection screen pick the foundry.

You are gaining the ability to UNLOCK the foundry at level 1 not level 15.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    arrliss wrote: »

tronc8463 wrote: »
    It's my understanding that the Foundry isn't a standalone application and requires you to login into the game then from the selection screen pick the foundry.

You are gaining the ability to UNLOCK the foundry at level 1 not level 15.
    Tronc is correct, this means that instead of having to wait until you get a character level 15, you'll be able to hop into the Foundry right away. The Foundry is built into the Client, they are one.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tronc8463 wrote: »
    I did and it was very good. But not enough for me personally yet to justify throwing down an extra $120 for it. That's a lot of extra Adventure Packs/Starter Packs I could buy, or Astral Diamonds.

Agreed! One guardian and one starter pack for me!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • ygwildygwild Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unsure if this has been asked already, if so, just point me to where.
    Regarding the animal companions in the packs.
    If I get Both Hero and Guardian....I get both a Panther and a Dire Wolf. Are these able to be summoned at the same time, or is it one or the other?
    edited February 2013
    ygwild wrote: »
    Unsure if this has been asked already, if so, just point me to where.
    Regarding the animal companions in the packs.
    If I get Both Hero and Guardian....I get both a Panther and a Dire Wolf. Are these able to be summoned at the same time, or is it one or the other?

Howdy! As far as we understand it, you can only summon one Companion at a time - but there hasn't been any official word on this. Just from videos we've seen, it seems like just one Companion out at a time.

Just to assure you about buying both Founder's Packs, here is a quote:
    teknykk wrote: »
    I've been watching close and hoping for an answer myself to standout questions people have been asking:

Are we able to buy all the packs to get all the goodies from each pack on our account (Eg: Buying each individual pack to get all of it, even if it costs an extra $80 on top of the $200) or will we be able to, at some point, go through some kind of upgrade system to achieve the same goal? (Eg: Buy Starter > then Guardian > then Hero, offsetting the cost of the pack lower than it but gaining all of the content of each pack).

It seems likely the Guardian pack exclusively gets the Wolf companion and Horse mount, while the Starter pack gets the Amulet of Protection, which the Hero pack doesn't get either of it seems, and while it's loaded with goods it has these items "left out"...and yet there'll be plenty of people who want to know their options in regard to "getting it all" before they make a purchase before February 8th.

We may seem like we're nagging, but they are somewhat important questions to the mindset of some buyers, and should be addressed.

Hi teknykk, great questions.

1. You can purchase a Hero of the North Founder's Pack AND Guardian of Neverwinter once per account. You can purchase a Neverwinter Starter Kit multiple times per account.
    2. There is no way to upgrade from a lower-cost pack to a different pack. However, you can purchase different packs like I mentioned above per account and get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.
    3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

You may also be interested in the Developer Tracker.
  • derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    You may also be interested in the Developer Tracker.

And Pinpoint is now tracked too. Awesome! :D
    I'll be sure to keep an eye on the tracker.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    I was upset aswell, til they told me it was a 25% vat, silly me for still thinking vat was only 17.5%, after that was added up, it only ended up being 2-3 dollars more paid in euros
    and that could be from exchange rate flux, if they set the price awhile ago.

This is correct. My condolences for such a high rate there :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    How do i put "founder" under my name? someone help a forum stupid fella.

UPDATE: I FOUND IT!!! lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • zalenex323zalenex323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    do astral diamonds buy future adventure packs, classes and races?? I need to know this before purchasing.
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does Anyone Know if the Hero of the North Pack is going to be up only for a Limited Time or will it be available After the Beta Dates?

I'd Love to get it but i can't really Afford it at the second/Moment, I Can and proberally will get the Guardian of the North one though
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only thing that has been stated by Cryptic is that they will be available at least "through the beta weekends". I'm planning to get the Guardian pack and 1 starter kit. If they are still available when I get my tax refund, then I may add the Hero of the North pack as well. If not, I will still have gotten most of what I want from the packs anyway.
  • justdacexjustdacex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am so tempted to get the Hero of the North Founders pack but I don't know about spending $200 on something I might not like. I don't suppose there will be an upgrade option for a lower price if i start off with the Guardian pack. Either way I'm crossing my fingers that my taxes come in before the beta weekends end.
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zalenex323 wrote: »
    do astral diamonds buy future adventure packs, classes and races?? I need to know this before purchasing.

The COO of Cryptic said that all content would be 100% free. This was at GDC and you can find the link here on the forums in the interview video compilation thread. I'm not at home right now so I can't get the link for you but it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's highlighted as being the GDC video with info on the foundry I believe. I'll post it if someone else doesn't when i get home.
    justdacex wrote: »
    I don't suppose there will be an upgrade option for a lower price if i start off with the Guardian pack.

The Reds/Greens somewhere said that they didn't know of any upgrade option.
  • kattaninetaleskattaninetales Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why the Hero of the North Founder's pack wouldn't also include the items in the Guardian pack? I am hoping someone tells me that it does.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it me, or the horse from the Guardian pack is HUGE? (FR elves, including drow, are supposed to be as tall as humans)
    23lcxaw.png
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why the Hero of the North Founder's pack wouldn't also include the items in the Guardian pack? I am hoping someone tells me that it does.

It's been answered already that the horse and wolf are unique to the guardian pack.
  • kattaninetaleskattaninetales Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am also confused on the role of Astral Diamonds. What will they buy? And would the items be bought in game or on the external store website?
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Is it me, or the horse from the Guardian pack is HUGE? (FR elves, including drow, are supposed to be as tall as humans)
    23lcxaw.png

Not to nitpick, but technically elves (excluding Sun Elves) are slightly shorter than humans by a few inches. Drow are even shorter still, being the shortest of the Elf sub-races while still maintaining a "medium" body classification.

Back on topic, the horse does *appear* larger. However placing them side by side like you have already done suggests that what the spider lacks in overall height it makes up for in width and leg-span. That said it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker to me if it was slightly smaller than the horse. What it lacks in size it more than makes up for in kick*** character.
  • bushwacker34bushwacker34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I just tried to purchase the founders pack and it gave me an error. Something about my card cant be used for this purchase. My bank says the car is good to go and that it hasn't been declined. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please understand you an only link one card to one payment processing account from the same company (eg paypal one card per account.) If you have a newer card for example you need to remove the old one. You may TRY to remove the credit card and entering an updated one or update the same one after removing it from other accounts or use it on the other said paypal account.

Short of that you need to contact the payment processor be it Paypal or whatever name of the service would run the card...

Or of course, you can use a checking account....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]