test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack

Become a Hero of the North today with a Neverwinter Founder's Pack. Get early access when the game launches - play Neverwinter before anyone else! Loot other exclusive items in the packs today!

Report any purchase issues here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    NIce Pin, new screens too lovely, guess what i just bought.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Robe of Useless Items seems OP to me. :p

For the future, I'd suggest Cryptic/PW a modular pack where people can mix different options to their liking. I know that it requires to internally have very item asigned a price but... well, ye know already those prices or ye wouldn't be mentioning the "Value" and the actual price*. It'd also require some testing and having to deal with people really clumsy using forms but... well, I think that there would be anoter bunch of happy people about having such an option.

Also, missing stuff like "These stuff won't be sold in the shop"? Or "This ad that items can be purchased separatedly later"? I know that the shop is in napkins (at best) right now, but some comment about that would be nice even if it won't make a difference in my final decission.

* as you don't "sell" beta access, it'd be given for free for purchases of X+

Edit: the Menzoberranzan rengeade hover description (http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack) still refers as them as a race. Considering that it's just a background and how people keep thinking that drow are not free according to that text, shouldn't that description be more... precise? Lazy people don't check if drow are free before jumping to conclusions.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Still not quite adding up to $200 in items let alone $549, but it is a LOT closer. Wish my old friend Shea was still around. He loved the Robe of Useless Items. Always found a way to use the items from it, as a joke if for no other reason. Miss you, big guy. Rest in peace.
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just purchased the HERO OF THE NORTH pack, although I was mostly interested in the Horse and the Dire Wolf, the 5 days early acess will grant me some names I desire. BUT here is the deal, the page now says I can purchase the GUARDIAN pack, but when I try, I get an error mensage. Someone can tell me why?
  • magnifydotdkmagnifydotdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why is there such a big price difference in $ and €? The price for the guardian pack is €55.99?

https://www.google.dk/search?q=%2460+in+%E2%82%AC

:|
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Edit: the Menzoberranzan rengeade hover description (http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack) still refers as them as a race. Considering that it's just a background and how people keep thinking that drow are not free according to that text, shouldn't that description be more... precise? Lazy people don't check if drow are free before jumping to conclusions.

Well, they do also mention that it is a drow with a benefit, another power, Faerie Fire. So technically that does still make it a different "race" in game terms.
    edited January 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    I just purchased the HERO OF THE NORTH pach, although I was mostly interested in the Horse and the Dire Wolf, the 5 days early acess will grant me some names I desire. BUT here is the deal, the page now says I can purchase the GUARDIAN pack, but when I try, I get an error mensage. Someone can tell me why?

Goblins. No, kobolds. Um... who is attacking the server now?
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Still does not address questions, still does not show the justification in the pricing.
    edited January 2013
    Was about to eat breakfast when I just realized what was missing from the description that would definitely make the $200 pack worth over $200 (and similarly the $60 pack). There is one item in the description that says specifically "one per account" and others that say "one per character". The diamonds, however, just say "750,000 Astral Diamonds". It's been my experience on STO and CO that the diamonds tend to be separate per character and then there's the Exchange where Zen and Diamonds bought in the Exchange would be kept per account. So is the 750,000 in the Exchange or in the character, and if in the character is that per character?
  • exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Well regardless of how much it costs, the inner D&D nerd just opened his wallet and purchased his way in to beta and got some pretty cool stuff on top of it! Hello Tax return!!!!! Hahaha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    I just purchased the HERO OF THE NORTH pack, although I was mostly interested in the Horse and the Dire Wolf, the 5 days early acess will grant me some names I desire. BUT here is the deal, the page now says I can purchase the GUARDIAN pack, but when I try, I get an error mensage. Someone can tell me why?

Can you let us know what error message you get here? We'll look into it for you.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    The Robe of Useless Items seems OP to me. :p

For the future, I'd suggest Cryptic/PW a modular pack where people can mix different options to their liking. I know that it requires to internally have very item asigned a price but... well, ye know already those prices or ye wouldn't be mentioning the "Value" and the actual price*. It'd also require some testing and having to deal with people really clumsy using forms but... well, I think that there would be anoter bunch of happy people about having such an option.

Also, missing stuff like "These stuff won't be sold in the shop"? Or "This ad that items can be purchased separatedly later"? I know that the shop is in napkins (at best) right now, but some comment about that would be nice even if it won't make a difference in my final decission.

* as you don't "sell" beta access, it'd be given for free for purchases of X+

I really like these ideas. Especially a modular pack Idea.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    Was about to eat breakfast when I just realized what was missing from the description that would definitely make the $200 pack worth over $200 (and similarly the $60 pack). There is one item in the description that says specifically "one per account" and others that say "one per character". The diamonds, however, just say "750,000 Astral Diamonds". It's been my experience on STO and CO that the diamonds tend to be separate per character and then there's the Exchange where Zen and Diamonds bought in the Exchange would be kept per account. So is the 750,000 in the Exchange or in the character, and if in the character is that per character?

That is total amount available for your account and you can use any remaining amount for any of your characters.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been watching close and hoping for an answer myself to standout questions people have been asking:

Are we able to buy all the packs to get all the goodies from each pack on our account (Eg: Buying each individual pack to get all of it, even if it costs an extra $80 on top of the $200) or will we be able to, at some point, go through some kind of upgrade system to achieve the same goal? (Eg: Buy Starter > then Guardian > then Hero, offsetting the cost of the pack lower than it but gaining all of the content of each pack).

It seems likely the Guardian pack exclusively gets the Wolf companion and Horse mount, while the Starter pack gets the Amulet of Protection, which the Hero pack doesn't get either of it seems, and while it's loaded with goods it has these items "left out"...and yet there'll be plenty of people who want to know their options in regard to "getting it all" before they make a purchase before February 8th.

The other question similar to the above is even asked more, and that is if the Hero pack does indeed included everything from the Guardian / Starter packs, even if it isn't listed, same for the Guardian including the Starter stuff...but hasn't been truly clarified yet.

We may seem like we're nagging, but they are somewhat important questions to the mindset of some buyers, and should be addressed.
    edited January 2013
    That is total amount available for your account and you can use any remaining amount for any of your characters.

Bummer. Would have definitely made the pack worth well over $200. Still not $549, but over $200. Still, I have to admit, the pack is a lot closer to $200 than it was yesterday, making it tempting even for an old penny pincher like me.
    edited January 2013
    teknykk wrote: »
    I've been watching close and hoping for an answer myself to standout questions people have been asking:

Are we able to buy all the packs to get all the goodies from each pack on our account (Eg: Buying each individual pack to get all of it, even if it costs an extra $80 on top of the $200) or will we be able to, at some point, go through some kind of upgrade system to achieve the same goal? (Eg: Buy Starter > then Guardian > then Hero, offsetting the cost of the pack lower than it but gaining all of the content of each pack).

It seems likely the Guardian pack exclusively gets the Wolf companion and Horse mount, while the Starter pack gets the Amulet of Protection, which the Hero pack doesn't get either of it seems, and while it's loaded with goods it has these items "left out"...and yet there'll be plenty of people who want to know their options in regard to "getting it all" before they make a purchase before February 8th.

We may seem like we're nagging, but they are somewhat important questions to the mindset of some buyers, and should be addressed.

Hi teknykk, great questions.

1. You can purchase a Hero of the North Founder's Pack AND Guardian of Neverwinter once per account. You can purchase a Neverwinter Starter Kit multiple times per account.
    2. There is no way to upgrade from a lower-cost pack to a different pack. However, you can purchase different packs like I mentioned above per account and get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.
    3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am I correct in reading that the Hero of the North pack does not include the Direwolf Companion and Unique Armored Horse mount that are in the Guardian of Neverwinter pack?

[ edit ]
    I am a doofus.
    It was answered right above my post. Thanks :). To clarify they are not included. So bleh, but Spider > Horse anyway.
  • mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited January 2013

1. You can purchase a Hero of the North Founder's Pack AND Guardian of Neverwinter once per account. You can purchase a Neverwinter Starter Kit multiple times per account.
    2. There is no way to upgrade from a lower-cost pack to a different pack. However, you can purchase different packs like I mentioned above per account and get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.
    3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Wow, so you're expecting people will shell out $280 for the game before release?!
  • mookabalmookabal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So the top tier founders package does not contain the items from the lower tiers? I would cough up the dough for the top tier if it did, but it seems not to. For that price, it should. And if it doesn't, then it's either making you choose what items you want, or making you pay more for all the items. If the items for lower tiers were available for purchase when the game releases, that would make up for them not being included. You'd just spend the diamonds for the items from the lower packages, which would be fine.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Does that include multiple Small Bags of Holding for each character, and if so is there a limit to how many bag slots
    each character can have?

Is the Amulet of Protection going to bind on equip? Can we move it between characters?

So, does purchasing a Hero of the North and Guardian pack give you a total of 4 extra character slots?

Thanks.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm already a STO lifetimer, so, I don't think I'll be diving on the Hero of the North pack just for a beta key. I can wait.

That doesn't mean I don't perhaps intend to get it. But it all depends on the value I think I'll find in it -after- going into the second and third Beta weekend.

Another concern for me is the payment/access method NWO will be offering, if there will be any subscription, and if there will be lifetime offers. STO's founding lifetime subscription was in the 200$ - whereas the founder's packs go up to the same price without the subscriber access, the few perks and the stipend.

A more pertinent question to me, however, would be about the Astral Diamonds. Are those the STO equivalent of Dilithium or something like that? Just how much 125k and 750k astral diamonds end up being, and what will we see them used for?

Additionally, the Hero of the North pack includes a beta key for a friend... and that's for which weekend?

I cannot help but feel that the approach is very much like a Kickstarter. I might be agreeable to investing, but I really need to know more before commiting to spending any larger sum.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, they do also mention that it is a drow with a benefit, another power, Faerie Fire. So technically that does still make it a different "race" in game terms.
    Many people, as it has already happened, will understand it as "You must purchase this to play as drow". Also, from e-mail purchase:
    Unique Menzoberranzan Renegade background - Unique racial ability and cosmetic options
    That seems more informative/precise than the web description.
    edited January 2013
    umaeko wrote: »

A more pertinent question to me, however, would be about the Astral Diamonds. Are those the STO equivalent of Dilithium or something like that? Just how much 125k and 750k astral diamonds end up being, and what will we see them used for?

I've answered this time and again, but here we go: Yes, it is like Dilithium (STO) or Questionite (CO). So at the current running prices of both in comparison, the Astral Diamonds are worth around $37 to $43 (as conversion to Zen). Even a moderator has confirmed that the numbers just don't add up to $549. As for what they will be used for in game, Zen, obviously, and the usual types of "high end" gear, particularly rare mounts, hard to find enchantments, armors, weapons, etc. is my guess. So far I haven't shopped much in Alpha (too busy checking out new areas) but have seen the use of diamonds for renames of companions and high end mounts.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Interesting...somewhat expensive, but some will likely do it. That said however, in regard to say Astral Diamonds...do we only get the highest amount (750,000) or does it add the extra 125,000 from the other pack onto it for a grand total of 875,000?

Also on the topic of these kind of extras...would you get 2 Respec Tokens or would it remain only 1? Most of all, would your Character Slots gain an extra 1 on top of the other 3, or just remain 3?

Adventurer's Helper Packs...being once per account per pack, does that mean you get 1 from each pack or just 1 in total maximum? Do you get duplicate "once per character" items or do they remain only at 1 of each still, even if the other pack gives it too (items such as Greycloak's Legacy and Robe of Useless Items or Small Bag of Holding)?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    In regards to the wording of "Race" for the Menzoberranzan Renegade:

I do agree, the wording is confusing and I have requested that it be looked into for a better way to word it. What it basically means though, which is why it is confusing the way it is worded, is that it will make your Drow (free race) able to choose a Unique Background Heritage when creating your Drow. This will enable the unique things that it lists to allow you to make your Menzoberranzan Renegade.

The email newletter on this is MUCH more clear however:
    Unique Menzoberranzan Renegade racial background with unique racial ability and costume options!

edited January 2013
    Interesting...somewhat expensive, but some will likely do it. That said however, in regard to say Astral Diamonds...do we only get the highest amount (750,000) or does it add the extra 125,000 from the other pack onto it for a grand total of 875,000?

Also on the topic of these kind of extras...would you get 2 Respec Tokens or would it remain only 1? Most of all, would your Character Slots gain an extra 1 on top of the other 3, or just remain 3?

Adventurer's Helper Packs...being once per account per pack, does that mean you get 1 from each pack or just 1 in total maximum? Do you get duplicate "once per character" items or do they remain only at 1 of each still, even if the other pack gives it too (items such as Greycloak's Legacy and Robe of Useless Items or Small Bag of Holding)?

Asked and answered. You can get one of each plus as many Helper Packs as you want and it all is cumulative.
    edited January 2013
    Asked and answered. You can get one of each plus as many Helper Packs as you want and it all is cumulative.

It was answered as a whole...I wanted to clarify them individually, just in case some of them (like the headstart 5 day wiping out the 3 day) would trump some of the lower pack's things as well. Unless it was answered elsewhere...I didn't think it would do harm to clarify each of those things I noted above, "just in case", because some people assume in a few cases one might wipe out another (namely Astral Diamonds and Character Slots have both been assumed to wipe out the lower pack's ones if you have the higher).
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    I'm already a STO lifetimer, so, I don't think I'll be diving on the Hero of the North pack just for a beta key. I can wait.

That doesn't mean I don't perhaps intend to get it. But it all depends on the value I think I'll find in it -after- going into the second and third Beta weekend.

Another concern for me is the payment/access method NWO will be offering, if there will be any subscription, and if there will be lifetime offers. STO's founding lifetime subscription was in the 200$ - whereas the founder's packs go up to the same price without the subscriber access, the few perks and the stipend.

I cannot help but feel that the approach is very much like a Kickstarter. I might be agreeable to investing, but I really need to know more before commiting to spending any larger sum.

Well, there's no subscriptions so no Lifetime and no stipend.

Most people seem to think that the Astral Diamonds are akin to STO Dilithium or CO Questionite. And they are probably right. However, it is not outside the realm of possibility that they are instead the main currency in the NW store instead of just using straight ZEN. At least 1 other PWE game that I am familiar with does this (Forsaken World converts ZEN from your wallet directly to Eyrda Leaves for their cash shop). And it would not be unlike WotC to want the currencies in the game to reflect D&D currencies only. (Astral Diamonds are in 4E.)

If this is the case though, 750K of them suggests that their buying power in the NW store will be much less than that of ZEN in the CO or STO store. Not to suggest that they won't be valuable, just that the numbers would be much larger for each transaction. Maybe they are eliminating the in-game exchange completely in favor of allowing the same currency to be earned in-game and purchased with real money out of game. And then just inflating the numbers to make up for that.

I'd love to know for sure.
    edited January 2013
    It was answered as a whole...I wanted to clarify them individually, just in case some of them (like the headstart 5 day wiping out the 3 day) would trump some of the lower pack's things as well. Unless it was answered elsewhere...I didn't think it would do harm to clarify each of those things I noted above, "just in case", because some people assume in a few cases one might wipe out another (namely Astral Diamonds and Character Slots have both been assumed to wipe out the lower pack's ones if you have the higher).

So you don't understand what the word "cumulative" means?
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Not getting the items from the lower tiered packs when buying the 200 dollar version is just a weird decision,
    especially if the things from all packs end up in store later anyways.