What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• Options
    ivanthehareivanthehare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I paid the 20 bucks for the extra bag space. It's a convenience that I value at a price I'm willing to pay. *shrug*

I pay 60 bucks for a newly released game than I expect access to immediately, and 200 is way outside my bucket for a one-time purchase. If this game ends up being as good as I'm hoping, I will probably spend that and then some over the course of the game's existence.
  • Options
    karmariuskarmarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not much money this days, i bought 60$ Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, I won't!
  • Options
    xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You should add a "maybe" or "thinking about it" option. I suppose this weekend's beta will be the deciding factor for me on whether this game is worth $60, $200 or absolutely nothing. I have been willing to drop that kind of money on collector's editions in the past (even before playing), but that's usually reserved for really exceptional games that I have total confidence in. I just don't have that with NW and I really need to give it a run through before I can decide its worth.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xarallei wrote: »
    You should add a "maybe" or "thinking about it" option. I suppose this weekend's beta will be the deciding factor for me on whether this game is worth $60, $200 or absolutely nothing. I have been willing to drop that kind of money on collector's editions in the past (even before playing), but that's usually reserved for really exceptional games that I have total confidence in. I just don't have that with NW and I really need to give it a run through before I can decide its worth.

My biggest hope is the foundry, this is the first mmo which has my setting and some feature like that. You know there were others where sophisticated established guilds could hold events and here anyone can come up with content. I mean at some stage you have explored all areas and done every quest, probably several times, this is when it becomes boring.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My grandfather gave me $200 out of no where so I went ahead and got the HotN a few minutes ago. Main, if not only reason was the que factor.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is it with these choices? Hey! Hey OP! How about:

The hero pack

The Guardian Pack

Both

Neither

How about those? Why do we have seven options for a four option question? How is this poll in any way an accurate piece of information when you add in silly non-options?
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited March 2013
    I already have got the HotN

<--- see, its blue.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Double post.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    itsneo wrote: »
    I already have got the HotN

<--- see, its blue.

I am blue too, but hide it in respect to other players. Also Guardian sounds better than Hero...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    I am blue too, but hide it in respect to other players. Also Guardian sounds better than Hero...

I don't know how to even show my "blue" any hints?
    2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    I don't know how to even show my "blue" any hints?

User CP at the top and then on the left permission groups.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, have to rub in ole andrethegiants face like a washed up ole fich McBite. SUPA FISHY!
    2.jpg
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nailli wrote: »
    Unless you get a physical collector's item that's worth at least half of the price tag, there's really no 'real' logical reason for anyone to purchase it.

I don't think that means what you think it means.
  • Options
    sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.
    I'm not really a John Galt,
    but I play one on the forums...
    :P
  • Options
    hargareshhargaresh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not going to happen...

After messing around a bit, I cant justify it.

There will be no long term play for this game, a month or so tops and done. Its the same relatively boring grind of most MMO's where the end game is the same boring grind. Its too bad devs cant think outside of the box.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bought both packs. About to buy both again for milady.
  • Options
    o0nirgali0oo0nirgali0o Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't understand why it is priced at $200.
  • Options
    decanus1decanus1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can anyone please tell me when is the final date for buying the hero package, i dont get paid for a couple weeks and would like to know if i can still get it then or not. i would make my own post but it wont let me for some stupid reason even tho my CO/STO accounts have well over 1000 days on each.
  • Options
    damastescimabuedamastescimabue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll be purchasing a Hero Of The North Founders Pack very soon :D
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't understand why it is priced at $200.

Because that is what it is worth. To those who bought it, at least. It's worth every bit of 200 bucks to me. I'd have paid 300 if they asked it. It's not that much money - about a day's worth the wages is all.
  • Options
    manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would consider a Hero of the North Founder's Pack IF PWE had a monthly stipend attached to it. All the items for all the packs are "fluff" & will not really matter at end game anyway. You'll save yourself a TON of money if you just purchase want you need for your account when you need. That for me will be bag & bank inventory space. All the rest is just fluff.
  • Options
    triki911triki911 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    not that much of money? good that you live in america or somewhere else where you can get/earn that kind of money in a day... at my country i need to work atleast half month... sry the game is good, but paying my half month earned money for a game? no thank you.

they could earn much more money if the price would be reasonable, but its not if 1 or 2 ppl from 1000 buy it doesnt mean its a good price
  • Options
    scootmienscootmien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    If I buy the basic pack, can I upgrade at a reduced cost after launch to the Founders Pack please? I'm allegedly in the beta as a CO lifetime member (but I have the dreaded 'account error' issue that so far remains unresolved despite a support ticket 36 hours ago).
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not unless the Guardian pack price drops by at least 20% to about 40 pounds
  • Options
    dom1k0dom1k0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got my hands on beta this weekend and loved every second of it. Now i'm proud owner of Hero of the North pack :)
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    triki911 wrote: »
    not that much of money? good that you live in america or somewhere else where you can get/earn that kind of money in a day... at my country i need to work atleast half month... sry the game is good, but paying my half month earned money for a game? no thank you.

Even in the US there are people that don't make $200 a day. Posters that make comments like "$200 aren't much" are just speaking about their own circumstances and views on the worth of money like they apply to everyone else. I know people that make more than $200 a day that would never say "$200 aren't much".

The reality still remains that $200 is considerably more than most games cost (for an entire game, not just for a few digital items and game currency), even taking collector editions into account. GW2's collector's edition cost $150 and it had a figuring that could have actual "collector's" value. Here they're just giving a few digital items and fluff.

Even if people want to bring in the potential costs of spending $15 a month for the span of several years or the cost of a LTS in a subscription game to put the cost of games into perspective that still doesn't justify spending $200 on a limited amount of digital items. And a LTS typically has far more worth than what they're offering with these packs, and can provide far more than these packs offer (particular over time, with stipend and such).
    triki911 wrote: »
    they could earn much more money if the price would be reasonable, but its not if 1 or 2 ppl from 1000 buy it doesnt mean its a good price

Agreed. I think that Cryptic is focusing too much on the limited amount of people that would be willing to dish out that amount of money and too little on the significantly higher amount of people that would be buying their stuff if they had offered it for a more reasonable price.
    Oh and in my country (UK), it works out at 245 USD to buy the Founders Pack, not 200; that is insane. Not a chance am I paying out that sort of money for a computer game...
  • Options
    varattuvarattu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was thinking about doling out the 200$ until now. I just went to the payment to see what the paypal conversion rate would be for me since I live in the euro area. To my amazement they are charging 190 euros on the 200$ pack instead of the 150-160 euros that equals 200$ according to the exchange rates. So yeah, not putting money in since I'm not really big on getting shafted like that.
  • Options
    eraiskioeraiskio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was thinking in the beginning that i wont buy any packs and will try to play as much as I can without having to use real money at all, but after this beta weekend Im so in love with this game that I had to buy Guardian pack. Wish I could've afforded Hero pack but Im a poor student.

Edit: Wotwoot, wasnt I supposed to have forum title with this guardian pack?