test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

Comments

• liljoe32liljoe32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey Aandre, Been looking for a guild to join since I found this game, love D&D played for years as a kid.I played mmorpg's for years starting with eq all the way up to sadly wow..lol
    I love being a team player I love questing with guild mates and I love running dungeon, instances or raids. I'm a perfect fit I am 35 and I am drama free. My only issue as of now is I probably wont be able to play the game until I get back to the states, I am currently working in Afghanistan but I will be back first week in March. I am definetly going ot be playing the game and would love to join your guild. Thanks again looking foward to talking with you.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your inquiry Liljoe! Sounds solid. Will private message you a few questions in a bit, then we should be able to you right into the fold ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • chamos1chamos1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello,

I am very interested in your guild. I am ex-military myself US Navy. Anyway I have been playing many MMORPG's in the past such as GW, GW2, FFXI, Warhammer, Aion, WoW and many others. I have dabbled in DDO a bit but never really got into because of many other games got in the way, I do however plan on DL'ing DDO to get familiar with the mechanics etc. I love working as a team in dungeons or gathering crafting materials for the guild. I have always been a believer in not being rich yourself but how rich your guild is materials, knowledge etc. I will send a PM to you as well. Hope to hear from you soon.
    edited December 2012
    liljoe32 wrote: »
    I am currently working in Afghanistan but I will be back first week in March. I am definetly going ot be playing the game and would love to join your guild. Thanks again looking foward to talking with you.

Liljoe let me know when you get back in March, we've reserved a spot for ya.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • melericksbmelericksb Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tyrs Paladium is a multi-game, drama free, 25+ yr old (most are mid 20s-40s+) guild.. We are an American guild with an international/Euro flavor. We are happy to arrive in the Neverwinter community, and are seeking new blood. We plan to have members on at all times, but left & right coasters (from California to New York) in the US should find plenty on during peak hours.

Demographics: We are looking for Americans and Eurozone players who are:

* seeking great adventure and camraderie with like-minded players.
    * looking for a NO DRAMA GUILD.
    * who enjoy teamwork.

We will be a decent sized guild, yet we'll run it tight knit. We believe in helping each other, and most of all having as much fun as possible while we play.

We play hard, laugh hard, and play it old school, with much respect to the camaraderie found in tabletop D&D of years past.

We will have one of the most active guild websites possible, created by and for guildies only. On this site, you will find plenty of game tips in the Tyrs Library, sign up for scheduled raids in the Tyrs War Room or the Tyrs Arena (non-raid runs), shoot the ***** in the Tyrs Tavern, or listen to our esoteric MP3 player in the Tyrs Mosh Pit! And that's only a mere taste of Kargon's Tasty ham! You will ALWAYS find good times and a helping hand in Tyrs Paladium.

If you'd like to join, post here, tell us a bit about yourself, and we'll see if you'd make a good fit.

Peace,

- Aandre the Giant

We enforce our drama free policy.

PS: We will have a contingent of current military and veterans. We are a patriotic guild, and are proud of it! We always appreciate and remember our heroes who fight for freedom all over the World, regardless of country of origin. We sincerely thank you. /salute

(Naturally, you do not need to have served to join our guild. We just like to appreciate those who risk their lives to protect our freedoms that we enjoy, and to remember those who gave it all.)

I am a oldtimer from way back, not sure were my dice have gone too though :/.
    Any way the guild sounds great I would like to join once they get through with testing and the game goes live.
    Not that familiar with how they are working it.
    The game looks great better that other D&D based MMORPG games that I have played.
    see you in the game
    Mel
  • melericksbmelericksb Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BTW I wasn't able to find your website addres
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its on forummotion link;
    However most of it is private content for guildies so you should send PM to andre first.

ooh! what do we do in that secret area? summon devils? :p
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You all get to wear mindcontrol collars?
    *slurps on gillrmn's brain*
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Yeah keep eating my dead brain cells. Keeps me sharp. Symbiosis, its called?

Did you find high caffeine content? It is full of coffee so a single slurp will give you insomnia for weeks...
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *crosses fingers behind back*

U-huh! Yep! That's definitely the case!
    edited January 2013
    The gates of Tyrs will now close for the time being. This means recruiting will cease for now, as we focus on building our plan for the game. As the CB starts to launch, we'll be selecting new recruits based on criteria established already in this thread (We're always looking for those who are completely drama free and looking to be an active participant to our community and share in it's camaraderie). Thank you to those who've checked us out and looking forward to closed beta launch!

(PS: If you really wish to be a part of our guild, contact me via pm here and I'll see what I can do.. no promises!)

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, you will be recruiting again...Soon?

*Runs from PWE and Tyrs alike :D*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Soon? Did you say Soon!? Slooooooooowly I turn......

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Calls out to the spirit of Joey Faye for protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    We have opened our gates once again, albeit briefly. We are looking for those who embody a no zerg, no drama philosophy with gaming. Tyrs Paladium is a tight knit band of warriors who are committed to nurturing a fun camaraderie at all times and sharing the battlefields with fellow guildies.

We play hard, and laugh hard. We never leave a guildie behind.

• tauranttaurant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi, I'd like to join your guild, please.

I'm in my mid 30s, live in the SF/Bay Area, professional type individual. Looking forward to this game for a long time (been googling 'new neverwinter game' every couple months since NWN2 finished up). Definitely a team player, and i don't freak out or create drama. Ultimately it's a game, and it should be fun.

I've have the HoN package, and plan to play all the betas (although i'm a little dubious of the 'value' they've stated... ha). I'm really looking forward to the Foundry (i'm an architect, so i'm really interested in seeing how far it can be pushed re: built environs). that looks amazing.

play style, i like to pun around when not in the thick of battle... i see humor in almost everything.

thanks!

Nayr Taurant
    Nayr Taurant
  • aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I would like to join Tyrs Paladium. After reading the forums and hearing the pod cast I feel Tyrs fits my play style and personality the best.

I'm an older player who enjoys getting to know the group I'm in while having fun and laughs on the way to getting the job done.

I hope to get a PM and continue the interview process.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Taurant and Aethandor for inquiring about Tyrs! I'll be contacting both of you to discuss the prospects of joining us.

As for those gates, due to 5 high quality recruits in less than two days, we are closing our gates again for the time being (sorry for the briefness of our hiring phase this time around). Those interested in joining us during blackout periods, please contact me via PM as exceptional applicants will still be considered.

• zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hey Aandre I am interested in Joining this fine guild.

About me: I am 43, married with 2 grown kids and a grandfather. I spent 8 years in the US Army as a Military Policeman and am currently a Policeman in the Cincinnati Area. I am looking for a drama free guild of like minded and mature individuals. I am looking for comraderie as much as I am a guild. A place where people are friendly and respectful and have fun while playing games. I would prefer VOIP to communicate as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
    edited February 2013
    Check your pm Zylaxx. Thank ya.
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Hey Aandre I am interested in Joining this fine guild.

About me: I am 43, married with 2 grown kids and a grandfather. I spent 8 years in the US Army as a Military Policeman and am currently a Policeman in the Cincinnati Area. I am looking for a drama free guild of like minded and mature individuals. I am looking for comraderie as much as I am a guild. A place where people are friendly and respectful and have fun while playing games. I would prefer VOIP to communicate as well.

• aeroxt25aeroxt25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello im my name is tristan anyway 28 yrs old just looking for a mature group of adults to play with do you guys plan or have a vent server or some type of voice chat that would be a + for me. I have a 3 year old single parent. just trying to find my gateway away from real life. i played a bit of EQ so i like the feel of DD Neverwinter.
  • terrorz1terrorz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Aandrethegiant,
    Im 32 married man from Canada. Im french but fluently speak english. Been playing games since i can remember. Im a big fan of nwn and D&D pen and paper, looking forward to beta weekend. I have been in a lots of guild in different games, im looking for a drama free guild and mainly just having a good time while playing a game. Im looking for mature people to play with. I am not afraid to give my time to help others. I feel like this guild would be a good match for me. I personally can not play an MMO without voice chat, either teamspeak, ventrilo, mumble, raidcall, does not matter but voice chat is a must. Thank you for conserdering my application.
    Terrorz

I wish to remove my application. After searching on the guild recruitment I have found a guild that will better suit my needs. I wish you all the best, Terrorz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    terrorz1 wrote: »
    I wish to remove my application.

Best of luck to ya!

edited February 2013
    To reiterate, we are not hiring at this moment. I highly recommend sending requests for future consideration via PM (personal message), instead of in this thread, as we are quite selective (and don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings).

We always entertain requests via pm, even during blackout hiring periods.

• temuchin9999temuchin9999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aandre, I saw your posting and thought i could be a good fit for the guild. I'm a lifer, started playing D+D back in 77. I've done all the D+D CRPG's that have come along over the decades, both good and bad. My primary MMO experience is with LOTRO where I've been with the same guild for 4 years. I'm a self-described casual/serious gamer. I'm an attorney and sometimes RW issues make gaming impossible so when I do play, I know how important it is to share the experience with others who also love the game. Aandre, let me know what information you need from me and I'll gladly provide.
  • honzohonzo Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guild looks great =) Sent in my App via PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It only takes one candle to light a fire, and then the darkness is gone."
  • jimmie2jimmie2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To reiterate, we are not hiring at this moment. I highly recommend sending requests for future consideration via PM (personal message), instead of in this thread, as we are quite selective (and don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings).

We always entertain requests via pm, even during blackout hiring periods.
    Shouldn't this be on the OP so people don't have to go through all 15 pages just to get this slapped in their face?
    edited February 2013
    jimmie2 wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be on the OP so people don't have to go through all 15 pages just to get this slapped in their face?

Really? Well I'm certainly heartbroken, albeit not beyond repair, that you felt the need to raise Cain that the most recent information about said topic is toward the END of the thread! I tell ya, kids these days!!

Good luck in your journeys, and the next time you go looking for a guild... nope, I'm gonna walk in the light.

As for everyone else, we feel its important to get to know each and every guildie we bring on board, and feel that our black out periods, allows us the time to do just this. We build our community/family one member at a time.

The reason I've requested pm during blackout periods should have been clear but I'll be specific. We do not wish to publicly embarrass anyone if we feel someone will not be a good fit. Also, we do not want to get too large. For Tyrs Paladium, its not about numbers, its about quality. We take our selection process very, very seriously. We are not an easy guild to get in, and even a harder guild to maintain membership in for the wrong mindset. This is what many of our guildies have told us time and time again, they really dig about us. However, we always have the door slightly ajar for someone that feels strongly enough/and we feel strongly enough, will make a great fit.

Finally, there are a few reasons we do not just throw the message in the OP. Mainly, we want people to get to know not just our name, but some of the personalities that made our name. We feel that's important information to acquire before deciding if we are a good fit for you.

Thank you to everyone who've taken the time check out our humble abode, and all I wish for personally is that everybody finds their perfect ride to enjoy the game for the years ahead of us.

• gareth2772gareth2772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Garethe (silent "E") checking in, with Tyr's!
    Watch for the usual suspects from ddo!
    WooHoo!!!! Post numba 150!
    For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    Ephesians 6:12
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hey Aandre, what's up with the guild web site? Can not get in, keep getting redirected to a site for the SMC music player, that I can't hardly read because of the font color. Get the idea it is about updateing the java script for the player, but can not figure out how to do that.