What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well raids are too intense for my liking nowadays. Kinda the reason I quit that. Casual play is more my style, less pressure more fun because I don't have to worry about making scheduled raids ect. just play when I want to want play. I saw that your guild has a good number of people so my interest is in the fact that it's casual, but with high enough numbers, so I'm sure I can always find company to do stuff ingame.

Ahh, ok, sounds more like it. We will offer scheduled quests and raids, but they are purely voluntary. No one in the guild will ever be "forced" or made to feel like they have to do any quest or raid they dont wish to do. Naturally if you sign up, we'd expect you to let us know if real life came up and you couldn't make it (if its possible, we know emergencies come up as well).

Sounds like a good fit. I'm going to have to apologize, last night I accidentally deleted your profile, so you need to sign up again. You can use the same name. When I see you register, I'll grant you full read/write access. Look forward to running with you Boltimillian!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We have just added Guild Wars 2 to our repertoire of games.

Tyrs Paladium will therefore offer seamless integration between three game communities on our website: DDO, Neverwinter, and Guild Wars 2.

Very much unlike other guilds who's communities do not talk, our website is designed from the ground up to offer lively conversation between gamers from different gaming world entirely. It's a family environment here, filled with awesome personalities from around the world.

25-35 guildies log on each day to read and/or participate in guild news and camaraderie. 11,173 messages in the past three years is not too shabby, for a guild website (historically mostly DDO, however our Neverwinter chapter is quite active and participation is outstanding thusfar!!).

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    So do i really have to be 25 years old to join,20 not enough ?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    plamgar wrote: »

[andre will probably reply soon, but I am bored and have some time on my hands so...]

You should send a PM to andre if you have read the rules of the guild and think you would be happy with casual gaming style.

Younger people are full of energy and impatient and end up not liking to wait for everyone to catch up, getting annoyed at breaks due to real life. So first you should also determine if you actually like the rules or not. Also, if you will be happy (which is most important) while following those rules.

But if you still believe you like all the rules and prefer being 'together' instead of fastest, you should tell andre your feelings by a personal message ;p
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Indeed those are our rules, as it cuts out much drama of the typical teenager ;)

However, we do make exceptions. You seem to have a positive worldly view (as displayed in the 1970's thread in the off topic section), and that shows maturity. Why dont you take a look at our guild rules. If you like what you see, and can agree to follow them, I think we can make an exception in this case ;)

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com

Let me know what you think...

• Options
    edited July 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    [andre will probably reply soon, but I am bored and have some time on my hands so...]

You should send a PM to andre if you have read the rules of the guild and think you would be happy with casual gaming style.

Younger people are full of energy and impatient and end up not liking to wait for everyone to catch up, getting annoyed at breaks due to real life. So first you should also determine if you actually like the rules or not. Also, if you will be happy (which is most important) while following those rules.

But if you still believe you like all the rules and prefer being 'together' instead of fastest, you should tell andre your feelings by a personal message ;p

Yes,i like the rules.It's different it's not like lets say WoW where you have to be 24h online to raid.Here is for the fun and doing things together i might be 20 years but i have ALOT of experience in such things.To be in a guild with interesting people and to have fun is a good idea and i would like to join.And i have loads of free time he will read my post no need to send him a PM.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »

All very true words.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Yes,i like the rules.It's different it's not like lets say WoW where you have to be 24h online to raid.Here is for the fun and doing things together i might be 20 years but i have ALOT of experience in such things.To be in a guild with interesting people and to have fun is a good idea and i would like to join.And i have loads of free time he will read my post no need to send him a PM.

I'm all over it!

Did you read my first response to you?

For those who enjoy running together, and plan to have fun, as opposed to ruining others' fun via drama, or by zerging 200mph through content, will most likely find Tyrs Paladium quite enjoyable.

However we are a very unique casual playstyle guild. We will be home to not only those who like to play a relaxed game. Some of our members will be every bit as dedicated as the typical powergamer, yet simply choose to run at a mutual pace as everyone else is around them. It will be a great place to learn the game... and teach others. To be a somebody, where everyone knows your name. Not just "someone in the guild."

I have been a powergamer, understand the mentality. I have been a raider. Still am. However, I enjoy running a relaxed game. "Play hard, laugh hard, and win" is our motto. We can do what few casual guilds can do, due to a high level of organization, communication, and camaraderie.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I registerd on the site,read the rules and i like them.They arent drastic or anything,easy to adhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I registerd on the site,read the rules and i like them.They arent drastic or anything,easy to adhere.

Sounds like a plan, we now have your e-dna, beware! ;) Welcome to Tyrs!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Sounds like a plan, we now have your e-dna, beware! ;) Welcome to Tyrs!

Thank you :) i will introduce my self in the forum.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK, consider this my application for your guild. Had a longer post with my gaming background, but the spell check ate my post. !!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    OK, consider this my application for your guild. Had a longer post with my gaming background, but the spell check ate my post. !!!

Hey ghosty2a! Sent you a pm. Please respond via pm as well, thanks!

• Options
    elluricelluric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey aandre I sent you a private message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Back at ya! Check your cryptic mail elluric! :)

• Options
    jimmie2jimmie2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll sign up
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    jimmie2 wrote: »
    I'll sign up

Its not quite that simple Jimmie ;)

I'll send you a pm with some questions. As soon as I have a chance I'll read and get back to you. Thanks for looking us up!

• Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think I'm pretty dead-set on trying NWO and would like to be guilded asap b:victory

You guys seem like a reasonable bunch (heck, you've got Blind Guardian and Manowar on your front page, I'm in!), so please send me your application thingy. I'm a semi-casual, which means I'm pretty relaxed but I can get into a game if I like it. No idea how it'll go in NWO, we'll see.

As an additional question, what's your primary server in DDO? Couldn't find that anywhere. I've been having a bunch of un-guilded toons on various servers since I downgraded to F2P, so I wouldn't mind joining a casual-ish guild (since I'm not really playing all that actively lately).
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I think I'm pretty dead-set on trying NWO and would like to be guilded asap b:victory

You guys seem like a reasonable bunch (heck, you've got Blind Guardian and Manowar on your front page, I'm in!), so please send me your application thingy. I'm a semi-casual, which means I'm pretty relaxed but I can get into a game if I like it. No idea how it'll go in NWO, we'll see.

As an additional question, what's your primary server in DDO? Couldn't find that anywhere. I've been having a bunch of un-guilded toons on various servers since I downgraded to F2P, so I wouldn't mind joining a casual-ish guild (since I'm not really playing all that actively lately).

We are on the Ghallanda server, in DDO. Ask any guildie to track Mississippee or Aandre down.

Sending out a pm.. will be awaiting your reply...

• Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks, and PM sent b:pleased
  • Options
    kullskakullska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Greetings!

So I've been looking for a new game to play and came across NWO yesterday and have been steadily getting more excited with each and every video, review and post I find. Then I started to get concerned about whether I would be able to play (USAF stationed in England) as many games I have been interested in haven't been considerate to overseas players. I was overjoyed when I came across guild threads for euro players and was drawn to your posts advertising members from all over along with casual drama-free game play. I would love to be considered for your guild along with my lovely wife (she follows me to which ever game I play). I'm sure you will want to know more about us and I look forward to any questions you may have.

Mahalo!
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    I really like your guild and the way it is presented. While we do plan on having our own, it will be a great pleasure to play alongside!! Us old timers that discovered DnD via pen and paper gotta do our best to keep the kids in line.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kullska wrote: »
    Greetings!

So I've been looking for a new game to play and came across NWO yesterday and have been steadily getting more excited with each and every video, review and post I find. Then I started to get concerned about whether I would be able to play (USAF stationed in England) as many games I have been interested in haven't been considerate to overseas players. I was overjoyed when I came across guild threads for euro players and was drawn to your posts advertising members from all over along with casual drama-free game play. I would love to be considered for your guild along with my lovely wife (she follows me to which ever game I play). I'm sure you will want to know more about us and I look forward to any questions you may have.

Mahalo!

Well thank you for knocking, Kullska! :) Yeah, I've got some questions for ya, but you've answered a few already :)

Most importantly, thank you for serving our great land, and protecting our freedoms! We have already gathered some military families, so you are sure to feel at home here. You'll also be joining some current and veteran military guildies from DDO.

Let me get that PM out to you.

• Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey Aandre,
    After reading through the entire thread I think this guild would be a good fit for me in NW and DDO as well, I currently play on Argonnessen so I'll need to roll a new toon on the server your guild plays on, but no biggie I don't have a toon higher in lvl than 4.

I have played CRPG games since Balder's gate, and RPG in general since '87-88-ish. PnP since around that time too, though not as much as I would have liked.

I'm 32, married with 2 kids and a weird work schedule of work 3 days off 3 days rotating, except for during the months of October through January 4th which it changes to 4 on 2 off.

Thanks,
    Faleth77
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    what is a "no drama guild" ?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    what is a "no drama guild" ?

A guild without Twilight characters, is perhaps a good enough explaination...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Hey Aandre,
    After reading through the entire thread I think this guild would be a good fit for me in NW and DDO as well, I currently play on Argonnessen so I'll need to roll a new toon on the server your guild plays on, but no biggie I don't have a toon higher in lvl than 4.

I have played CRPG games since Balder's gate, and RPG in general since '87-88-ish. PnP since around that time too, though not as much as I would have liked.

I'm 32, married with 2 kids and a weird work schedule of work 3 days off 3 days rotating, except for during the months of October through January 4th which it changes to 4 on 2 off.

Thanks,
    Faleth77

Hey there, Faleth77! Thank you for looking us up :) We'll get you signed up right away. I'll send you a pm with all the details. As far as joining us in DDO - you are more than welcomed to!

I'll send you a pm now with sign up details. Welcome to Tyrs Paladium!

• Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awesome! Thanks for the invite!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to Tyrs all!! I am so excited by all the new guildies!! I have to say we are shaping up to have quite the group come game time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Welcome to Tyrs all!! I am so excited by all the new guildies!! I have to say we are shaping up to have quite the group come game time!

Here here! It's a strong yet welcoming group of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]