What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PM replied!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • andrdfryandrdfry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, my name is Eric. Im 24, about to turn 25. I just got out of the Marine Corps December and have been playing Roll20 for the past few months now. I started playing 3.5 DnD back in middle school and played a bit in high school. Most of my friends moved away who played DnD and havent played until i found Roll20 when I actually started playing the Beta here. I have played almost all the DnD games from the late 90s to now. Looking for a guild to join and have fun with.
  • valaszvalasz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just want to check in and say hi. I'm at work early and looking for a way to put off paperwork...

First off, my main character is going to be a rogue, although I also enjoy playing a wizard type class, after beta 2 weekend the rogue just seemed to grow on me.

For better or worse, my first MMO experience was Star Wars Galaxies. I played on the Scylla server and the main activity was to engage in open world pvp that would last for hours on end. Alliances and rivalries formed, and many of us still know each other even though we're scattered on different games and servers. I never really found that again, although some games came close. Alterac Valley, Wintergrasp, and Tol Barad in WoW were fun. I have also played AOC, GW2, LOTRO, and Rift.

My playstyle has evolved into a kind of casual one. I've been in the all night raids, done a few grinds, and played many roles in the last 10 years of MMO play. At this point I like to keep it light and fun. I have a wife and 17 month old daughter, as well as a demanding job as an Assistant Mgr. in the Baton Rouge area for Office Depot, so time isn't as easy to come by as it used to be. But I definitely make the time to play, and love to help out and contribute in any way that I can.

Also I did view some of your web site and I think you folks would be a good fit for me. I hate drama, love to help others, and I am potty trained. :) Hope to hear from ya soon.

PS My toons name is Mojo atm.
    edited May 2013
    valasz wrote: »
    Just want to check in and say hi. I'm at work early and looking for a way to put off paperwork...

LOL! Sending PM.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited May 2013
    andrdfry wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Eric. Im 24, about to turn 25. I just got out of the Marine Corps December and have been playing Roll20 for the past few months now. I started playing 3.5 DnD back in middle school and played a bit in high school. Most of my friends moved away who played DnD and havent played until i found Roll20 when I actually started playing the Beta here. I have played almost all the DnD games from the late 90s to now. Looking for a guild to join and have fun with.

Sending PM

• valaszvalasz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks fore the invite aandrethegiant ! Looking forward to helping out the guild :)
  • sij500sij500 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi

I'm interested in joining your guild, I actually was looking for a guild to join in DDO and in your thread there I noticed a link to this game which I was completely unaware of.

However it looks like my cup of tea and was hoping to join you here.

That said however I am from the UK and was wondering if you have a decent sized European membership.

If so send me a pm and we can chat about not what my guild can do for me but what I can do for my guild.
  • tohightoplaytohightoplay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This sounds good. I'm 38, was in the USN on the USS Eisenhower from 93-97. I loved old school D&D with my older brother when i was young. I played DDO a bit to. I was an accountant for 14 years but now am currently in the medical marijuana business, in Denver, CO. I have a lot of free time to play since changing careers. My name in game is Tohigh (figure that :) and yes i know its spelled wrong, it goes way, way, back,) and I'm a cleric at level 12.
    edited May 2013
    Tyrs Paladium would just like to congratulate Cryptic engeneers for successfully foiling the exploiters and cheaters, for going after them where they hide (on their mule accounts), removing their funds and shinies, and permanently banning their accounts.

Tyrs always stands on the side of good, and will report anyone, at anytime for exploiting this game.

edited May 2013
    We are now hiring again, so if anyone is interested, please PM me some details about yourself. Thanks!!

edited May 2013
    Here's our first guild event, held this past Memorial Day, May 27, 2013, in honor of brave soldiers from the United States and other friendly nations, who gave it all in the line of duty to their nation.

e9agw5.jpg

edited June 2013
    dnd_Box1st.jpg

Yep, we are Old School. And proud of it.

This is TSR before they were cool, before they were fools.

Many in Tyrs have played pen & paper D&D for many years, and some still do.

We accept all different player levels into Tyrs, from the casual shy type to the mmo hardened vet. Yet, we are quite selective who we choose. We are looking for people who want to learn, and want to give back to others in the guild. We seek veterans who share our style of play. We seek those that want to be part of a tight band of brothers and sisters.

Are you an old school gamer? Play PnP and/or D&D video games before or currently?

In Tyrs, you get to play amongst good people who play to have fun. The character we seek is a unique blend, you either have it, or you don't.

If you think you'd be a good fit, and you care about playing hard, having fun, but never leaving your guildie behind, hit me up in the thread, personal message, or in game.

• lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump just because these are good people...
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much lichlament! Maybe we can get ZZ in the Fellowship and run quests together :)

• elleffgeeelleffgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I'm finally breaking down and looking for a guild to do dungeons and perhaps some pvp with.

Ok, tell you a bit about myself... I started playing MMORPG's with Everquest, original release before Kunark even came out (although after fear and hate were added). I've played many games since, both casually and hard core (did a LOT of "hard core" in EQ - my war has the brutish blade of balance if that says anything). I'm looking for a laid back, non kiddie-rush-go-faster-get-me-l00tz0rz kind of place, to hang out and actually explore the dungeons and what not here in Neverwinter.

Oh yeah, I'm an adult (43 if it matters) so it would seem I fit into the middle of what your "average" member range is from the intro paragraph.
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I could find one of you and ask but others are likely to have the same questions - plus a bump never hurts.

How large are you? Tight band of brothers and sisters sounds good but its hard to actually do in a 500 person guild. Do you have an active typed chat or is a lot of your routine communication - even when not grouped - by voicechat?

Age 60+ here and played D@D before AD@D was invented so I think I qualify also <smiles<. Fairly new and in no rush to speed level to 60 - crafting and playing all 5 classes so not looking for a guild that just does high end content so you sound very good.

By edit - my crafters are on Dragon but they claim they will merge the servers and I have a slot open for Mindflayer.
    edited June 2013
    elleffgee wrote: »
    snip
    jaelithe wrote: »
    snip snip

Well met elleffgee and jaelithe! Thank you for inquiring about Tyrs! sending PMs

• karzaadkarzaad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey,

Long time D&D and MMO player looking for a home, I have a few friends that will be looking as well.

My Cleric just hit 60 and I am thinking now may be the time to look to join a community of like minded people.

I have run successful guilds in Asheron's Call, early DDO and on WoW. I am an older player with a family job and responsibilities outside of the game, but I always find time to look for loot in a chest somewhere at the bottom of a labrynthian maze filled with traps and monsters bent on eating my spleen.

Karzaad 60 Cleric

Also, I am on Mindflayer, what server is your guild on?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the guild recruiting new members or closed? I tried contacting a few members in-game to ask about joining, but got no response.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Is the guild recruiting new members or closed? I tried contacting a few members in-game to ask about joining, but got no response.

Well met Adinosii! We are filled with old school D&D folk, many (not all of course) who began their D&D lives from pnp 1970s style to those old school SSI gold box games like Pool of Radiance and Dark Queen of Krynn.

From what you wrote in your request in another thread, I think you would fit right in with our playstyle and make good friends here in short order. Let me know!

• chilidog808chilidog808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all I registered on the site as chilidog.

I've been looking around for a good casual guild that is pretty well like minded. Fun, using games as an adventure and relaxation (not a full time job) and it seems like this would be a good fit. I'm really enjoying Neverwinter and would forward to adventuring with a good group of people. I will say I love Foundry quests, and am currently a level 39 cleric. The only disappointment I have so far is leveling is too fast, would love to enjoy more content with a slower ride up with my cleric (Avelyn)
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Who is the grandpa in that picture?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlV7RhT6zHs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shinypotatoshinypotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello, im looking guild. I have 60 level cleric and alt tr 55 atm. i have played many games, eve, wow,rift,aion,warhammer.. and now neverwinter and i enjoy it alot. Fun, using games as an adventure and relaxation (not a full time job) srry copy from chilidogs post :P
    dont know what to say, just like to play with people who does not rage all time and have fun.
  • lionofhume1lionofhume1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey ya'll, I'm looking for a good guild to play in and was pointed your way by an old friend. I'm 47 and an active duty soldier in the Army who has played Neverwinter in its AOL and NWN formats and played PnP D&D since the late 70's. The last few years a game called EVE Online has occupied most of my gaming time in between deployments, but I wanted to get back into the rpg genre and I've been enjoying myself with Neverwinter, but its a bit lonely and I like adventuring with others more then soloing. Thanks in advance...LION
    edited July 2013
    Hey ya'll, I'm looking for a good guild to play in and was pointed your way by an old friend. I'm 47 and an active duty soldier in the Army who has played Neverwinter in its AOL and NWN formats and played PnP D&D since the late 70's. The last few years a game called EVE Online has occupied most of my gaming time in between deployments, but I wanted to get back into the rpg genre and I've been enjoying myself with Neverwinter, but its a bit lonely and I like adventuring with others more then soloing. Thanks in advance...LION

Check PM lionofhume1!

• msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi, I'm looking for a nice casual guild to join. I have a level 33 guardian fighter but I am totally new to MMO and D&D. This is the first game I've actually played. I am a mature, drama free person and it sounds like your guild would be the place to be. I'm looking for a guild that would not mind helping me grow into my character and teach me how to tank! Please pm me if you think I would be a good fit for you guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Sending pm to msrebel1972!

• devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys seem to be exactly what Im looking for. Been on for a bit, Founder, and I play regularly. Love PvE content (all of it, even Epic Cloak Tower), and love to DD with guildies. I'll need to transfer shards, but Im willing. PM me, thanks!

- Dannyul
    California Sunshine
    edited July 2013
    Hola Devilshark,

PM going out at ya!

• tamothtamoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Andre, PM coming your way ;)