Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @tempestwalker thanks! :)
    Welcome and well met

:0)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @daed76 we'll be announcing more information about the Beta soon. :)
    daed76 wrote: »
    what weekends are the pcgamer keys going to get into the beta? the beta faq is not yet updated.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @zagemogga thanks for your patience, and logging a bug report. That's exactly the kind of feedback we need to make the game better. :)

We'll be continuing to ramp up our in-game and out-of-game support through the Beta. You're right, there's always a lot to do during Beta weekends, but we're doing our utmost to stay on top of it. ;)
    zagemogga wrote: »
    One question about ingame support and gamemasters. In the last closed beta I got stuck, the gap between two beams was too wide for my dwarf (need to drink more beer!) :(

Anyway...
    I tried /stuck and nothing happened
    Then tried /Stuck (capital letter) and got an error, I should use /Killme instead
    With /Killme a window opened to file a bug report, the game automatically took a screenshot of me and logged my position. There was a tick to request game master support or a message they would contact me but nothing happened within the next hour.
    In the end I logged off for ~30min to wait for the instance to reset, just my guild colleagues were a little annoyed to lose me.

I know it was beta and didn't bother too much. Was the staff tied up with other things or are there any game master at all during beta weekends? Will there be game masters available after launch to help out with those things?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @faleth77 thanks! :)
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Well met sominator! Glad to have you as part of the team! Hilarious and cool that you and ambi know the answer to life, the universe and everything. Which of course is definitely 42! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @tinbender02 point of clarification about this: regular drow will be available for everyone, for free, after at least 60 days post-launch. More info about this is available on the Extended FAQ. :)
    Hate to keep this going here but this is where it was answered. So that 60 days is a maximum and not a minimum. Nowhere do I see anything that says they will release the drow in 60 days. I'm learnig with this company you better read everything twice.
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So what happened to the Halfling?
  • Options
    neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @tinbender02 point of clarification about this: regular drow will be available for everyone, for free, after at least 60 days post-launch. More info about this is available on the Extended FAQ. :)

After at least 60 days? What does that mean? Is it 60, or more?
    I really need clarity soon, as i was first under the impression the regular Drow would be in at lauch, with the Menzoberranzan skins exclusive, and now the regular drow have been pulled from launch. I don't mind the Menzoberranzan items being exclusive, but i feel the regular drow have become a plaything for Cryptic and PWE to toy with as they see fit. There were no balance issues with the Drow, they were ready for playing (as far as i know), so i really don't understand why you pulled them. It was clearly stated the Founders Pack contained just reskins and additional armor/mounts, not the drow race itself. The Drow race was supposed to be in at launch. It would have been better to get it right the first time, with better PR, but i really hope this confusion gets cleared up soon, as the current answer is not sufficient to me. This is exactly the kind of thing i hate, muddy PR.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have you ever GMed a forum before, or been a moderator or GM on a Cryptic game?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sominator,

Please please please tell me that a Barbarian is on the cards and we wont have to wait too long for its release (please, please, please... does it sound like I'm pleading... ah well... please, please PLEASE!!!)

(I know you guys have not released any info on this outside of the FAQ, but just between us long time best friends :), you can tell me... wisper it in my ear).
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

Thanks for answering but that is the wrong asymtope. :) Not that I would trust the upper number but saying at least 60 days is to me the same as saying maybe never. Your employer has already shown a willingness to change things on a percieved whim. :) I hope they pay you well. So the question is, the drow will be in no later than???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Halfling
    What's going on? Can we get a straight answer please?

Control Wizard
    So apparently the alpha testers keep rejecting the Control Wizard. Does that mean another class will be taking its place as the fifth launch class? Probably better to let rp'ers know now, rather than letting them believe its in then ninja editing in at least a 60 day hold.

Future developments
    It has been confirmed that the faq was ninja edited, and changes (including the Drow) made and deliberately not pointed out, because a negative response was anticipated. Should we expect future developments to be handled the same way? Will communication improve at some point?
  • Options
    xeiken1xeiken1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome Sominator anddd no questions from me :D
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. Everybody on this forum would love to test it. I was like wtf?!?! If they need more people why not invite more forum members.

As for why the information about foundry alpha solicitation was made on the primetimeUGC podcast and not on the forum at large, a little background is probably necessary. For starters, the podcast wasn't a NW specific podcast, it was created by a couple of guys who write foundry content for STO and covers the foundry in general(and so will cover NW now too.) The reason it was cross posted here is because it had relevance to NW being a foundrycentic podcast. The reason the devs were soliciting foundry alpha testers specifically on it(and no where else that I've seen) is most likely because they know the podcasters to be experienced foundry authors and therefore people who know other experienced foundry authors, people the devs might not necessarily know, it wasn't because they can't find testers on this forum.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to the nuthouse. =)
    It is good to have another friendly face among us.

On a rather active topic, there is a tiny detail that has me curious:
    regular drow will be available for everyone, for free, after at least 60 days post-launch.

On day one, do Hero of the North founder pack owners get access to both the Menzo-renegade drow, and the regular vanilla ones, or do they also have to wait at least sixty days to make the latter, like everyone else?

If this question does not make sense, and for some reason Menzo-renegades can be customized to be indistinguishable from normal drow, please feel free to let us know. ;)
    Not knowing how far the differences between the two go ingame, we can only make suppositions. :P
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've got another question if you don't mind :) Breath easy. It has nothing to do with Drow.

Are they going to be expanding companions? I really hated DDO for their dummy companions. No heart, no soul. Little tin men following me around. Swtor had amazing companions, but that may be to overkill for you guys (It'd make it worth buying them though!)

Are you guys going to be amping up the companions to include voices, conversations and backgrounds? Plus maybe a purchasable slot for extra companions summonable at one time?
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    I've got another question if you don't mind :) Breath easy. It has nothing to do with Drow.

Are they going to be expanding companions? I really hated DDO for their dummy companions. No heart, no soul. Little tin men following me around. Swtor had amazing companions, but that may be to overkill for you guys (It'd make it worth buying them though!)

Are you guys going to be amping up the companions to include voices, conversations and backgrounds? Plus maybe a purchasable slot for extra companions summonable at one time?

I can be a community manager too! Let me field this one.

"Nothing else regarding companions has been announced at this time."
  • Options
    ramotedramoted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    will this game be able to share loots just like in guild wars2? and what the level cap in this game?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q: Is there any discussion about being able to allow the "experts" in the fanbase to be able to submit 3-d models of creatures? I'll bet there are probably hundreds of 3-d modelers out in the fanbase that would love to create models for this game. Not create for the foundry, but to kind of open-source creature modeling that Cryptic could then have a rapid starting point and then modify/polish the creature(s) for inclusion in future updates.

Imagine The Foundry for DM's and a Creature Modeler for them! I'm sure with a little communication they could leverage the fans into creating many, many D&D creatures for nothing more than some public acknowledgement somewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Q: Is there any discussion about being able to allow the "experts" in the fanbase to be able to submit 3-d models of creatures? I'll bet there are probably hundreds of 3-d modelers out in the fanbase that would love to create models for this game. Not create for the foundry, but to kind of open-source creature modeling that Cryptic could then have a rapid starting point and then modify/polish the creature(s) for inclusion in future updates.

Imagine The Foundry for DM's and a Creature Modeler for them! I'm sure with a little communication they could leverage the fans into creating many, many D&D creatures for nothing more than some public acknowledgement somewhere.

I do some 3-D modeling, unfortunately I go by the "finding the sculpture inside" method(only because I usually have trouble with making something If I am attempting to make it)

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So is it just me or has basically the only thing that has been said is "Is we can't talk about that at this time." Basically making this thread pointless?
  • Options
    sandraudiga69sandraudiga69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So is it just me or has basically the only thing that has been said is "Is we can't talk about that at this time." Basically making this thread pointless?

I think what he meant to name the topic is "Well met, now ask me anything unrelated to the game!". Hey, we know he likes toast ;)

In all seriousness though, I think he can only answer questions that the answers to have already been released. We all know a lot of people don't really look for the answers to their questions in favor of forum posts.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think what he meant to name the topic is "Well met, now ask me anything unrelated to the game!". Hey, we know he likes toast ;)

In all seriousness though, I think he can only answer questions that the answers to have already been released. We all know a lot of people don't really look for the answers to their questions in favor of forum posts.

Yah we have had others who did AMAs before. Normally you ask exactly what position the have with Cryptic/PW, if it its volunteer or paid.. what their favorite edition of DnD is etc. This is a way to get to know our awesome new Community Manager, not get unreleased info on the game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Sominator Balls out brother. I commend you for willingly jumping into a pot of boiling water. You have embraced an almost impossible task. Believe me, I am no fanboy, but I appreciate what you are trying to do.
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will we get an official wiki page for the game run on Cryptic servers with content updated by Neverwinter game masters and the community as a collaboration effort? Similar to DDO wiki and GW2 wiki?

At the moment it has no real official content and isn't supported by Cryptic I guess:
    http://neverwintergame.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Wiki
  • Options
    darktaco667darktaco667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    I recently noticed the Download link was made available on my account...so I downloaded & installed the game (YAY!) but when I try to login I get an account error, leading me to http://nw.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fsupport%2Faccount_error

I'm assuming it's either because the servers are down or my account isn't actually active yet.. but I'm just wondering if I won one of the many many contest I've applied to, and maybe the server is just currently down? (That'd be glorious!!!) Can't wait to get into the Foundry >.<

Also, will the Founders pack be available after release? Limited time or..? I would purchase one now but I just can't afford it for the next little bit. Huge Neverwinter fan... must have it eventually... >.<
  • Options
    grayzen12grayzen12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey G'day mate. I'm an Australian (Obviously). Been playing Dungeons and Dragons for over 10 years and I've gotta say that so far this game is looking really good. Are you able to tell me, If I buy 1 of the founder packs will I be able to get access to the Beta week ends? Or is that purely an American/European option...?
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    grayzen12 wrote: »
    Hey G'day mate. I'm an Australian (Obviously). Been playing Dungeons and Dragons for over 10 years and I've gotta say that so far this game is looking really good. Are you able to tell me, If I buy 1 of the founder packs will I be able to get access to the Beta week ends? Or is that purely an American/European option...?
    YES!
    Im an Aussie, and i bought the HOTN pack, i was in the last beta weekend and will be in the up and coming one too...cu there!
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    grayzen12grayzen12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES!
    Im an Aussie, and i bought the HOTN pack, i was in the last beta weekend and will be in the up and coming one too...cu there!
    Awesome! Thanks for letting me know buddy. See you in there.. :)
  • Options
    cildarticildarti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    neya01 wrote: »
    After at least 60 days? What does that mean? Is it 60, or more?
    I really need clarity soon, as i was first under the impression the regular Drow would be in at lauch, with the Menzoberranzan skins exclusive, and now the regular drow have been pulled from launch. I don't mind the Menzoberranzan items being exclusive, but i feel the regular drow have become a plaything for Cryptic and PWE to toy with as they see fit. There were no balance issues with the Drow, they were ready for playing (as far as i know), so i really don't understand why you pulled them. It was clearly stated the Founders Pack contained just reskins and additional armor/mounts, not the drow race itself. The Drow race was supposed to be in at launch. It would have been better to get it right the first time, with better PR, but i really hope this confusion gets cleared up soon, as the current answer is not sufficient to me. This is exactly the kind of thing i hate, muddy PR.

Oh my god. I would shoot myself if I did this job. Either that or just tell outrageous untruths to crazies like this. Here you wanna know about Drow?

Drow are now only female and naked and half a foot tall. They have seven dance emotes but can only be barbarians and only wield glaives made of cookie dough. However, they will definitely be available at launch but only if you send a naked picture of your dog.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @bruddajokka halflings are as big and bad as ever! I'm not sure why they're not on the FAQ and Races page, but we'll update them. :)
    So what happened to the Halfling?
This discussion has been closed.