test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• nighthobbsnighthobbs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The PC Gamer promo said access to all Closed betas. Since this isnt an Alpha, Id expect to get in off that. If not, Im calling BS
  • oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nighthobbs wrote: »
    The PC Gamer promo said access to all Closed betas. Since this isnt an Alpha, Id expect to get in off that. If not, Im calling BS

^^ This..

Also to be fair.. I take what I said about The Secret World back a little bit... I too paid the $200 and there was a time when the style/lore/arp's where amazing.. but the game itself.. (lets be honest) isn't very well put together.. I just mean the gameplay in general.. so your mostly right.. it comes down to opinion.. But had I been given a better chance to get in and look at it before I spent my $200 .. I wouldn't feel so robbed.

If you can't tell I am really bitter about the actual gameplay (of TSW) itself so I am a bit biased.. this is 2013 ffs. Shouldn't feel like EQ2.

Anyways. In regards to the quote that I... 'quoted' That is exactly what I mean .. I feel like my very first interaction with the Neverwinter license was a lie. I was bold faced lied to and mislead. WTF am I going to do with a subscription to PC Gamer .. I have the F#$*ing internet ffs. (I am a junior copywriter for an advertizing agency.. it doesn't take a genius to know whats going on in the back end here.) Even as a junior I know the BIGGEST mistake you can EVER make in advertizing is False Information. At this stage ... we are supposed to be working on the 'trust' factor. I mean damn, I have a hard time handing $100 bills to my landlord for rent (and he's a shady fella.) How am I supposed to quantify giving my extra couple of $100 bills to a company that lies to people right out of the gate?

Disgruntled Dwarf, <-- only slightly more feared is the hungry Dwarf... we have axes you know..
    Oddwin.
  • exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    Will we be able to play a Drow and wizard in this Beta or is it locked for this phase?

The Wizard and Drow are both locked for this closed beta, but the halfling is unlocked....Sadly, I would have traded the Halfling for the wizard itself...its going to be interisting couple of days with only a trickster rouge, devoted cleric and guardian fighter. GIVE US THE WIZARD!!!!!!! ;) (Please)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wtfsharkwtfshark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So is it confirmed that pc gamer beta keys are not gonna work for the first beta?
  • ravenblood82ravenblood82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wtfshark wrote: »
    So is it confirmed that pc gamer beta keys are not gonna work for the first beta?

yes it has unfortunately
    edited February 2013
    That is fantastic really, What the **** do I need a sub to PC gamer for? At least I can still play the defiance beta... THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY **** FOR. GG cryptic on alienating potential costumers.
    edited February 2013
    wtfshark wrote: »

Yes, it would unfortunately appear that the word 'beta' is used incredibly loosely at perfect world as well as PC Gamer. I hope you like the subscription you obtained for the magazine however... I wonder how much money Perfect World gets for every sub to the magazine?.. I also wonder why this is in fact NOT considered supporting the development of the game? .. I mean .. I thought people that paid money got to go to the beta this weekend? ..

Disgruntled Dwarf,
    Oddwin.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    exavour wrote: »
    The Wizard and Drow are both locked for this closed beta, but the halfling is unlocked....

How do you know this? (not saying you're wrong, but I've not seen that information anywhere)
    edited February 2013
    This is just ridiculous honestly, I hope in the future they make it clear more than a day in advance on who gets access to what. I am going to leave it at that before I get myself banned.
  • vincentvalkvincentvalk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm so the beta almost out were would that put the release date to this year?
    edited February 2013
    paudrae wrote: »

Doesn't change the fact that this information was only given to people with what they thought where golden tickets Today @ 12:35 PM

Sorry Charlie, but you will only be allowed into the factory after Veruca is finished as her mother has money, and you do not. The golden ticket that you found was actually just for show.

Disgruntled Dwarf,
    Oddwin
  • sertanleesertanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am a bit concerned, I have purchased the Founders Pack, entered a BETA key from PC Gamer, entered a BETA key from PWE prepurchase of Torchlight 2, received an email stating times and that I have been accepted for this weekends BETA and a link to download the client. At 16 hours out from launch the client link still brings me too the greyed out buttons. Is this status quo? As usual the support keys for Neverwinter and PWE do not work.
    ISSUE RESOLVED, A time frame as far as activation would have been nice but I am greatly looking forward to this weekend and getting my first look.
  • aerodt1aerodt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hello i just paid for the guardian pack a and i dont have access o the beta form nor did i get a link to a Download. so with that if i don't see a download link etc soon i want my money back
  • aerodt1aerodt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    o wow
    i tohught it was both packs now its just one pack...

Ignore removed post, it is both Hero and Guardian
    edited February 2013
    aerodt1 wrote: »
    o wow
    i tohught it was both packs now its just one pack...

So did everyone else who got a hold of a beta key...
  • frivoloussamfrivoloussam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So the beta is only open on certain planned weekends?

Pft, nope. Not worth dropping $50 for what is essentially a few days of early gameplay. If it was running more constantly/frequently I would be more then sold.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I find it odd that my friend is downloading the launcher from the link he got with his beta key...and he didnt purchase any of the packs nor is a life time member anywhere, he finished the dl just a bit ago and is just waiting for the launch in a couple hours apparently.

lol i love my join date under my name....another fail from this company
    tWSNwCn.gif
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So anyone that hasn't paid you can't participate in the beta?
    I SO want to give up the $200 but I don't even know if I'll like the game :(
    Please let me in.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    edited February 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    I find it odd that my friend is downloading the launcher from the link he got with his beta key...and he didnt purchase any of the packs nor is a life time member anywhere, he finished the dl just a bit ago and is just waiting for the launch in a couple hours apparently.

lol i love my join date under my name....another fail from this company

Where did your friend get his code from? .. perhaps there is a way?
  • cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow...this is something that's making it really hard to not feel like we are not getting screwed. I spent 10 dollars to get into the closed beta for...SOME of ONE of the closed betas...maybe...if they feel like being nice?

Is this indicative of how things are always going to be? half trues and white lies to screw people involved?

This is seriously low, and if this isn't change I'm just going to chock up this game as already ruined simply by the fact it's being ran by liars and cheats.
    edited February 2013
    I dunno, his older gamers guild got him in from what he said, hes flat broke so i know he didnt toss 200 bucks down, i can give him a call at midnight see if hes actually getting ingame.

this was a reply to oddwin1, oddly it didnt do a reply with quote when i told it to....
    tWSNwCn.gif
    edited February 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    I dunno, his older gamers guild got him in from what he said, hes flat broke so i know he didnt toss 200 bucks down, i can give him a call at midnight see if hes actually getting ingame.

this was a reply to oddwin1, oddly it didnt do a reply with quote when i told it to....

yes please let me know what happens, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that this is a miscommunication between the marketing team and the dev team, and hopefully we can get a devs voice to come in and make sense of this whole thing.

Honestly however.. my wallet wants to open up and throw money at this.. cause hey .. Forgotten Realms and all .. but this really pisses me off and I am likely to just blog about my disappointment and forget about it until it launches. Too bad really.

I have been saving and have the $200 ready to go. I just thought I was going to be able to get in with my key from PC Gamer and at least have a look before hand.

Oh well.
  • berdlerberdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    from my understanding the beta was beginning at 12 noon wasn't it?
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just saw this in the FAQ section:

"Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?

Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required."

Will/is it really TOTALY free?
    I think someone posted wrong?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    berdler wrote: »
    from my understanding the beta was beginning at 12 noon wasn't it?

Yes, noon Pacific time.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some of you people act like they are running closed beta through the dates posted on the OP and then it's going live after that.

Seriously, use some common sense.

From my previous experiences with betas, they are most likely going to have closed beta running full time with downtime fixes for a while (month or so depending on exactly how much they are going to release at "launch") before open beta. They will most likely wipe the closed beta characters (perhaps reset created characters to level 1 like POE did with closed beta) and then go with open beta with no further wipes for a while and then have an official launch as the game goes live, which is pointless since open beta with no wipes is essentially a "soft" launch with wiggle room to address bugs.

This is the most common practice for betas in games these days, especially free games.

All opinion, not fact, know the difference.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited February 2013
    I just saw this in the FAQ section:

"Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?

Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required."

Will/is it really TOTALY free?
    I think someone posted wrong?

nope cryptic is all about giving you stuff for free , now their item store on the other hand.....

and for oddwin1 - oldergamers got him in with a friend invite key from that 200 dollar bundle, something i cant justify for spending 3 days a month early on....

and as far as beta goes, just bout the same as trek, barely test and release shortly after beta started...2 months of 3 days a weekend here and there isnt a test its a formality.
    tWSNwCn.gif
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Some of you people act like they are running closed beta through the dates posted on the OP and then it's going live after that.

Seriously, use some common sense.

From my previous experiences with betas, they are most likely going to have closed beta running full time with downtime fixes for a while (month or so depending on exactly how much they are going to release at "launch") before open beta. They will most likely wipe the closed beta characters (perhaps reset created characters to level 1 like POE did with closed beta) and then go with open beta with no further wipes for a while and then have an official launch as the game goes live, which is pointless since open beta with no wipes is essentially a "soft" launch with wiggle room to address bugs.

This is the most common practice for betas in games these days, especially free games.

All opinion, not fact, know the difference.

Absolutely nothing that you said there pertains to the fact that we where TOLD we have beta access only to find out at noon today .. there where limitations.

If you actually read anything that people have been posting.. you will find that most of us are not upset that there is a process involved in testing a game.. we all understand that.. What we are pissed off at is the lack of information given as well as the completely false information given in more than one location.

In fact.. if you go to the front page of this site > Click the 'become a founding member' button > Click the $60 package > read everything on that page > Pay the money > Go to the download link and STILL not be able to participate. Even though the page itself leads you to believe that you will get said access with your purchase.

Not only that .. even after all is said and done you have to scour the forums for ages to finally find information stating that in fact you where lied to and you will have access to some OTHER beta weekend way down the road.

Please try not to read the last 2 pages of a thread and speak as if you are aware of the entirety of the subject. Thank you.

Disgruntled Dwarf,
    Oddwin

I am done with this, and apparently have a VERY long post to get on my blog now. I will check back in the morning to see if anyone that works for Perfect World actually reads the forums.
  • bellazarbellazar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is pretty sad that the information given in PCGamer was extremely misleading, if not verging on fraudulent, saying "Through ancient, letter-based magic, the code will redeem one of two different mount items in Neverwinter and grant beta access" nowhere does it say anything about only having access to selected weekend/weekends. By saying access to beta this implies all beta and there is no way I will pay 200 dollars for game access that I do not even know if I will enjoy. The people I really feel sorry for are all the Alpha tested who will not get into beta unless they spend 60 or 200 dollars. These people have given up there time to help make the game playable by supplying valuable feedback on the Alpha builds.

It has been said that alpha testing is a privilege, but where would Neverwinter be without the devotion of these people?

Neverwinter Download coming soon!

"If you have activated your Access Key, you will be notified when testing begins and will receive instructions for downloading and logging into the game."

We know when testing begins........ so where are the instructions?

The whole situation of beta testing is starting to leave a very bad taste with me.