test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    So much this^

And when they're offering us less than the value of a LTS for the cost of a LTS and calling it a $549 value I trust them even less. This used to be a great (flawed, but still capable of great things) company but after seeing what they did (or haven't done) with Champs and all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they've been throwing to the cash shop in exchange for ridiculous prices or gambling for the chance to maybe get it I just can't trust them anymore.

It's 2/3rd the post-launch cost of an LTS. It's 4/5th of what the pre-launch cost of CO and STO LTS were.

It's the lowest SALE price of an LTS, but it's not a sale.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    It's 2/3rd the post-launch cost of an LTS. It's 4/5th of what the pre-launch cost of CO and STO LTS were.

It's the lowest SALE price of an LTS, but it's not a sale.

Or an LTS.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    Or an LTS.

Exactly. They gave us less than an LTS; they're also charging us less than an LTS. Nobody's required to buy it. If it doesn't sell well, they'll reduce the price or add features. I suspect it's going to sell quite well as-is.
  • Options
    princessluneprincesslune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    I did, but also I had said previously if they offered it like they did for RaiderZ that I would buy it. I stand by my previous statement that it's a good model. After all the game is F2P, I realize there's a lot of debate on this but I don't have any problems putting some cash down for something I know i'm going to play and enjoy. I tend to think of it more in terms of being a kickstarter project model when they do this type of offer for a F2P game.
  • Options
    harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so i just buyd the 60$ pack ..... its 55€ for me on PayPal(dont know what calculation is behind it ...), well thats a bit much but i hope its worth it
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah $60 is fine. I've donated so much the last year to odd Kick-starter projects as said above with no promises. But I am a legacy Neverwinter Knights player from NWN1 & 2, so needless to say, I am over eager and will probably sacrifice the cost of a nice dinner out to get in game percs :)
  • Options
    geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i bought the heros of the north pack! yeah maybe a bit much but i think its kinda like the lifetime subscription option that they had for STO and Champions more or less (even though theres no subscription for Neverwinter) so ... i think it will be fun :-). had a little extra money left over this month so thought id go for it!
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vheeshane wrote: »
    Yeah $60 is fine. I've donated so much the last year to odd Kick-starter projects as said above with no promises.
    For me it's like supporting Obsidian's Kickstarter again. XD
  • Options
    keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bought the guardians pack. I supported POE and other games for early access so this is not a problem. I did already have a key thru PC Gamer but I would rather play right away like everyone else ponying up the money. Sixty I can do but not the 200.00
    Too bad they didn't have a tier somewhere in between
  • Options
    badgerwibadgerwi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd do it if there were a lifetime sub option but since its just stuff I think I'll pass
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    For me it's like supporting Obsidian's Kickstarter again. XD

They'd need a higher tier for it to be like that for me. :p

Honestly, if the devs here had been more open in their communications, and I really really really felt confident that NW will be my new home for many months if not years, I'd drop the money no problem. Right now though, I have too many unanswered questions, and other potential new home games (EQ Next) coming out in the future.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Exactly. They gave us less than an LTS; they're also charging us less than an LTS. Nobody's required to buy it. If it doesn't sell well, they'll reduce the price or add features. I suspect it's going to sell quite well as-is.

Its near the pre-launch cost of a CO or STO LTS and the same cost of a LTS in other games for far less than what a LTS offers, but being marketed as having a significantly higher value (supposedly "worth" $549). We might not be "required" to buy it but then again we're not required to buy a LTS either (in games that have/offer them) and whether we're required to buy them or not has no bearing on discussions about their value. The point still remains that they've offering very little for a high cost compared to similar products while claiming that its "worth" an even higher cost.
    I got mine. Can't wait until the 8th!
  • Options
    jesterrsjesterrs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    umm maybe the 500$ value has a lot to do with the 750,000 astral diamonds? what is astral diamond?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Astral Diamonds are the in game currency similar to dilithium.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    jesterrs wrote: »
    umm maybe the 500$ value has a lot to do with the 750,000 astral diamonds? what is astral diamond?

I'm not sure, but I THINK its the equivalent to Questionite in CO or Dilithium in STO, which is a special in-game currency which can be used to buy certain items (not normally available by any other means) in a special in-game store, and can also be traded with other players for z-points (which can normally be bought only with real money). The exchange rates are determined by players and can vary widely. I haven't logged into either game in a while (and haven't checked the Q/D Exchange in even longer) but I think it was around 250 D/ per z-point in STO last I checked.
    I'm not sure, but I THINK its the equivalent to Questionite in CO or Dilithium in STO, which is a special in-game currency which can be used to buy certain items (not normally available by any other means) in a special in-game store, and can also be traded with other players for z-points (which can normally be bought only with real money). The exchange rates are determined by players and can vary widely. I haven't logged into either game in a while (and haven't checked the Q/D Exchange in even longer) but I think it was around 250 D/ per z-point in STO last I checked.

How common is it to find dilithium?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know yet. I first want to see what, if any, races/classes will be in the store at launch. Because I would certainly rather save my money for exactly what I want on a modular basis (gnomes, eladrin, bards) rather than spend it on a pack I'd really only appreciate a fraction of.
    How common is it to find dilithium?
    It's very common in the sense that it's featured in small quantities as a reward for many, many things, but perhaps rare in the sense that it can't really be accumulated very quickly. It's been a while since I've last played STO, but I remember mainly earning it quite casually through duty officer assignments and never having a shortage for what I wanted to buy with it (which was mainly high-level crafting materials).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    utahsaintutahsaint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When a simple question is answered by devs or "OFFICIAL" post, Will the Heroes pack include the items from the lower pack? IF not question #2, Will all the items stack if you buy other packs (8 character slots, 870k astral diamonds if you were to be "that" guy that has to have everything and buys all packs.)
  • Options
    dizzy000dizzy000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited January 2013
    Got Mine. Countdown is on.
    The Liver is Evil and must be punished!! Drink More Beer!
  • Options
    kinster2kinster2 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i can barely afford my life style......... after rent and utilities on my house i have about 40 bucks i will get the 20$ one tho its all i got
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    utahsaint wrote: »
    When a simple question is answered by devs or "OFFICIAL" post, Will the Heroes pack include the items from the lower pack? IF not question #2, Will all the items stack if you buy other packs (8 character slots, 870k astral diamonds if you were to be "that" guy that has to have everything and buys all packs.)

1. No, yu get what you purchased from that exact pack

This was answered
    Hero pack = 1 time Account wide purchase only
    Guardian pack = 1 time Account wide purchase only
    Adventures pack = multiple per character purchases allowed.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not to seem rude about it, but how does that answer what Blanchardtech was asking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    utahsaint wrote: »

Higher packs will not include lower packs, but some items are duplicated in the different packs.

The duplicated items will stack (not sure if all).

Official answer:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?31781-Founder-s-Pack-Report-Purchase-Issues-Here!&p=539261&viewfull=1#post539261
  • Options
    drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think that prices like the $200 top pack confuse the whole "Free-to-Play" model that this game is supposed to be following. Just because other games have had founder's packs does not change this fact. The industry seems to be floundering around trying to find a money-making alternative to the subscription model that used to be the norm. The recent turn to F2P for Secret World and SWTOR and the large number of refunds for founders' pack purchases for MWO and the controversy over their sale of hero mechs that have some more benefits over founders' mechs are symptoms of this confusion. I do not have any problem with F2P games offering choices to make money, but it should not devolve into free to be gimped or pay to win or, even worse, provide less value than what is charged. xxxx I am particularly concerned that only the $200 pack grants access to the Foundry. Is the Foundry going to be a pay-only feature? if not, why is such access included in the high dollar pack? xxxx (I found answer in another thread. Hero Pack means you can access foundry at lvl 1 instead of waiting to level 15).
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guardian pack for moi, spouse would not consider me a Hero for $200 spent on a game!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's very common in the sense that it's featured in small quantities as a reward for many, many things, but perhaps rare in the sense that it can't really be accumulated very quickly. It's been a while since I've last played STO, but I remember mainly earning it quite casually through duty officer assignments and never having a shortage for what I wanted to buy with it (which was mainly high-level crafting materials).

For casual doffing, where you seek out the highest-dil missions in whatever sector you're in but don't fly around to multiple sectors seeking out the highest ones in each sector, you can make 1,500 to 2,000 a day per character. If you fly around all over the place and only do the very highest ones, you can hit the cap (8,000 for regular players, 9,000 for lifetimers) per character per day, but I would be hard pressed to think of a more boring or time-consuming way to earn dil. You can easily hit the cap in far less time invested doing far more interesting things, with the 1,500-2,000 incidental doffing dil thrown in.

I'm not even counting the 2,000 dil turn-in mission for contraband in that number; if you throw it in, it's a 48 hour cooldown I believe.

I'm only talking about doffing here; if you do other things that earn dil, you can spend less time and do far more interesting things. For instance, you can do Foundry missions and earn 1,920 per hour. There are several dailies that can net you 480-1,440 apiece; enough that you could do a different mix of them every day to reach your cap, or just pick the ones you enjoy the most and do them over and over, if you like that kind of gameplay.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bought mine this afternoon. Can't wait to start testing! :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    brewsterxbrewsterx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have an odd question. I created my account quite a while ago, at least a couple of months. Why is it that I can't post new threads? That's my first question. To answer the question in this thread, no. I don't know enough about this game to justify spending money on it. In fact, I know next to nothing about this game. There's very little and hardly any relevant information that's been released concerning this game, classes, quests and the like for me to spend money on.

I do hope the game is good, I want it to be good, but after spending the last couple of months combing through the forums and watching every video available, I still don't know much of anything about the game. Cryptic, you guys need to get more information out.
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Too many unanswered questions. What will be in the store for purchase? Companions, mounts, character slots and equipment etc, we don't really know yet or at least I haven’t found that information. What kind of exchange rate a dollar will get per game (store) currency. How many character slots and other pay items are available during actual play do you start with can acquire doing game play? The founder’s packs are in addition to purchasing the game so if you purchase the $200 pack you also will be shelling out another $50-60 dollars w/tax when the game first hits the store. They would be more successful selling me a collector’s edition game box with a few perks than what they are doing with the founder’s packs.