test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    Please be courteous and do not fight. We dont need a moderator to have to take you out to the woodshed*come to think of it that is a perfect place to play PnP DnD , just add a table and a couple chairs*

You need an option in you poll for "if hero was $100, I'd buy it."
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    have they confirmed yet if Hero gives you all the smaller cost packs too?

I doubt it as Guardian gives you some redundant perks Direwolf companion vs Panther companion and Armored Horse Mount vs Armored Spider Mount. Don't know for sure but that's my gut feeling.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Someone who can not afford to buy the $60 pack may think you are silly for buying it, same goes for a person who can afford to buy the $60 pack thinking its silly to spend it on the $200. The comparison is a waste of time and goes nowhere. Move along, nothing to see here.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    Someone who can not afford to buy the $60 pack may think you are silly for buying it, same goes for a person who can afford to buy the $60 pack thinking its silly to spend it on the $200. The comparison is a waste of time and goes nowhere. Move along, nothing to see here.

Its not about being able to afford it, its about getting value for your money. $200 might as well be a charitable contribution with a tax write off.
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    jdk2011 wrote: »
    How much should a free MMO be moneybags?

I think it should cost about 29.99 a month to play this game! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think your comparison is just plain stupid, cause I spend 200.00 taking my family out to dinner not 10,000.00. I think spending 200.00 in support of a product I look forward to greatly is sheer genius! I bet you complained about paying 14.99 monthly for games too, you expect everything free?

Problems with this statement:
    1. you spend $200 on dinner at a place you have never been to before, and you spend the money upfront before the food is delievered....
    2. people bought 6month, 1 year and lifetime memberships to games that failed horribly because looked forward to it greatly. aka not genius, just bad money descisions.
    3. I spent $15 on a game once, after I had already played it's f2p game ( I test drove the car first) before paying a sub for a year at Anarchy Online. I paid 1 month to subscribe to Age of Conan, din't find the subscription bonuses to my liking and I play it as my "other game" under it's new f2p format. I played most of the 30 days that came free with my STO disc before I decided to pay $240 dollars for a Lifetime sub.
    4. "you expect everything for free", will with Neverwinter, yes. It is launching as a totally free-to-play game, and with their special currency exchange ( i believe it is Astral Diamond) I will earn Free Zen by selling my Diamonds to... you. :D
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
    edited January 2013
    I think it should cost about 29.99 a month to play this game! ;)

I hope this game is that good. ;)
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I think your comparison is just plain stupid, cause I spend 200.00 taking my family out to dinner not 10,000.00. I think spending 200.00 in support of a product I look forward to greatly is sheer genius! I bet you complained about paying 14.99 monthly for games too, you expect everything free?

And I think that your attempted comeback is utterly <removed>.

And really they make perfect sense and make a good analogy. Cryptic need to put something out to entice the crowd to spend money for their product. If you just want to give money away then by all means go ahead, don't berate people who want to be convinced that the product is worth the money. Which they have done nothing of the sort since hardly anything is shown or revealed. Serious PR work should have been made before this announcement.
    edited January 2013
    I am fine with cryptic drumming up some cash with founders packs. They aren't UNICEF. Their goal is to make money. I just think the $200 is dumb. I want the cool stuff too without sacrificing my first born.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »

Stop the fanatical defense and think for a moment that many simply don't like being ripped off. If the value was there then none would argue, but when you're forced an exuberant price if you're a drizzit fan is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. No cosmetic items are worth $200 which is what is happening if you want the drow stuff. $80 package with those items sure, $200 is just plain ridiculous.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Honestly all I see is a bunch of complaints of a 200 dollar option. The 20 dollar pack and 60 look reasonable to me. The 200...well I'm not sure yet.

In any case I will buy one but I'm not sure which one yet.
    My decision relies solely on the released information. In any case I don't see the point in crying foul as if 200 dollars is the only option.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I will be buying the $200.00 pack provided the 1) it comes with the stuff from the $ 60.00 pack and 2) I get some of whatever they were somoking when they thought they could sell that stuff for $ 200.00

lol, I would actually buy the $200 pack if it came with all this^ as well. Otherwise I'm going with option #3 from the poll.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    when we get our founders packs (for me the 60$ one) do we redeem a key after buying and if so whare do i reddem a key?
    nevermind im <removed> its under the drop down GAME menu on the front page lol
    edited January 2013
    Honestly all I see is a bunch of complaints of a 200 dollar option. The 20 dollar pack and 60 look reasonable to me. The 200...well I'm not sure yet.

My decision relies solely on the released information. In any case I don't see the point in crying foul as if 200 dollars is the only option.

If the Hero was $100 would that be reasonable to you and would you buy it?

Yes on both counts for me.
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so i have a small question and cant create my own thread yet so can someone please answer this for me if possible.

long story short i bought the RaiderZ founders pack for 60$ and it said id get a beta key for neverwinter when beta came but now ive seen that different keys from the different founders packs being sold here on the neverwinter page have certain restrictions or certain perks depending on which founders pack you buy so i was wandering does the key that im supposed to be receiving from my 60$ RaiderZ founders pack equate to the 60$ neverwinters founders pack key or does it equate to one of the others? i only ask because as stated above i see that some keys have early access and something about skipping ahead of others when it came to signing in etc
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    in most universes the Humans are usually the superior among the players. but when drows come into play that completely changes and cryptic is smart to use the drow related content in the 200 dollar option. i almost went for the 200$...even got the money togeather today to make sure i could get it...but all in all the only real thing i wanted was the spider mount. i cant stand feline pets and I dislike elves of anykind. so I did the math and sense the spider alone isnt worth 200...imma take my chances with what sounds like a way better pet in the 60 dollar range and guarintee my slot in all the betas. and sense I have the pc gamer mount 2...I already will get both the black or white horse AND an armored horse. perfectly happy going with the 60 dollars specially sense I typed it all out lol
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stop the fanatical defense and think for a moment that many simply don't like being ripped off.

Fanatical? Lol what world are you living in.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Without a doubt I would chuck 100 dollars in it. But it depends on what exactly is in the pack whether I would throw 200 dollars in it.

But in any case it doesn't make sense to cry foul because a 200 dollar option exists.

Most complaints claim foul because Beta costs 200. This is wrong, you can pay 60 and get first week access as well.
    And that is without knowing full details on the pack inclusions because it's stated that is the price for in game products while the beta access is a bonus. We'll find out soon enough...

And that will make my decision more than any outright dollar amount.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I think Moderators Should get the $60 one free of charge for their volunteer service here and if they want a Hero of the North pack they should only have to pay $100
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Without a doubt I would chuck 100 dollars in it. But it depends on what exactly is in the pack whether I would throw 200 dollars in it.

But in any case it doesn't make sense to cry foul because a 200 dollar option exists.

Most complaints claim foul because Beta costs 200. This is wrong, you can pay 60 and get first week access as well.
    And that is without knowing full details on the pack inclusions because it's stated that is the price for in game products while the beta access is a bonus. We'll find out soon enough...

And that will make my decision more than any outright dollar amount.

this makes one hundred percent sense to me i mean lets try to use cars "like that one guy that failed did" as an example here
    its like going to buy a car with some money and then being mad because the dealership has stuff that you can afford and also more expensive nicer stuff that you cant afford
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    My girlfriend said she wanted a Diamond when I get my taxes and I said sure. Little does she know I meant Astral Diamonds lol !
    edited January 2013
    If we got free stuff it wouldn't be voluntary. We're all the same in game.

I can't say it would be easy or possible turning stuff away but I get enough flack for having powers on the forums without getting free stuff haha!
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Getting the $200 because I want the spider mount and the Drizzt background.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    actually ambisinsterr i almost feel bad for you all >:P...i said almost..ha jk :)
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    shado152 wrote: »
    this makes one hundred percent sense to me i mean lets try to use cars "like that one guy that failed did" as an example here

I'm not sure it was established that that guy actually failed at any point. All I saw was a single post of another guy claiming that because the guy considered the price to be ridiculous, that meant that he expected to get everything for free, which is a claim that was not actually made anywhere on the original guy's post.
    its like going to buy a car with some money and then being mad because the dealership has stuff that you can afford and also more expensive nicer stuff that you cant afford

No, its like going to a car dealership and seeing stuff you can afford, and even higher priced stuff that you can also afford, but refusing to buy it even though you can afford to because you don't believe that the car is worth the asking price and the car dealership won't even let you test drive it to find out if its really worth the price.
    1. you spend $200 on dinner at a place you have never been to before, and you spend the money upfront before the food is delievered....I have spent more than before doing something and it is not uncommon. Ever been to a concert or an opera?
    2. people bought 6month, 1 year and lifetime memberships to games that failed horribly because looked forward to it greatly. aka not genius, just bad money descisions.Because you made bad decisions does not mean I have and I have played the majority of major title MMOs from day one.
    3. I spent $15 on a game once, after I had already played it's f2p game ( I test drove the car first) before paying a sub for a year at Anarchy Online. I paid 1 month to subscribe to Age of Conan, din't find the subscription bonuses to my liking and I play it as my "other game" under it's new f2p format. I played most of the 30 days that came free with my STO disc before I decided to pay $240 dollars for a Lifetime sub.I bet you are the kind of person that "previews" movies, single player games and music as well? The "free" kind that are really not "free". I prefer to support things I believe in.
    4. "you expect everything for free", will with Neverwinter, yes. It is launching as a totally free-to-play game, and with their special currency exchange ( i believe it is Astral Diamond) I will earn Free Zen by selling my Diamonds to... you. :D
    Well, no, because Free to Play does not mean totally free. The games have to be paid for, it just means you CAN play it for free, not that you should absolutely be a leech and not help pay for it! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    And I think that your attempted comeback is utterly <removed>.

And really they make perfect sense and make a good analogy. Cryptic need to put something out to entice the crowd to spend money for their product. If you just want to give money away then by all means go ahead, don't berate people who want to be convinced that the product is worth the money. Which they have done nothing of the sort since hardly anything is shown or revealed. Serious PR work should have been made before this announcement.
    I don't care if you like my repeating of a phrase or not. However the analogy does not make sense at all. I am not "giving" my money away, I am "purchasing" a founders kit which will help support this "free to play" game and contribute something to it other than a complaint! If you do not think the product is worth money and you need convincing to play, how much support for the game does that lend one to believe you will contribute? Not enough to warrant concern over your complaints is my guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After looking at everything in those packs and comparing them to the same/similar items in CO and STO, all of those packs are nearly twice the cost of what they should be compared to other Cryptic products, and no where near their "value of" amount.
    I am certainly not buying anything until after I have had my hands on the game for a while, only then could you you see the true value of the items within.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nope, i'll pay after the game comes out.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus