test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Buy a Founder's Pack?

Comments

• daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I might buy something after Beta, but not before launch. i don't have a clue how much those items will really be worth until i've played a bit.
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No, i won't be buying one of the impulsive buyer packs before the game really launched. I still feel the slight burn of the Amazon Exclusive Borg Boff.
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    I might buy something after Beta, but not before launch. i don't have a clue how much those items will really be worth until i've played a bit.

Exactly. I'll even pay a VIP monthy subscription, if the game is worth and if it meets my (admittedly high) expectations.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Exactly. I'll even pay a VIP monthy subscription, if the game is worth and if it meets my (admittedly high) expectations.

Anyone who would give $200 during Beta testing to a game... I have a White Toyota pickup, 4x4, runs great for $500 dollars I will sell you.
    After you have given me the money, I will tell you where it is at exactly, or more specifically the Latitude and Longitude of it.

I will give you a hint thou....

Uganda.
  • nanudonanudo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i Will not buy any from this game, selling an unfinished product is gross, the game is supose to be FTP right? so why there is morons paying that king of money 20 is to much 60 is robbery, 200 is like stupid, but i m sure stupidity of human is bigger so crytic will have a lot money of yours for bunch of virtual thinks.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    The game is free to play; not free.

Free to play does not mean they won't sell in game content. However they have stated they won't sell in game advantage.

So looking over what they are offering they are not selling anything which is giving an advantage.

Couple that with the fact that there have been and will be more ways to access the closed Beta test without paying.
    If you don't want to pay, fine.

You will never have to pay...
    But you absolutely will be tempted. Make no mistake.
  • mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    I would only consider paying for a game if I were able to try it first, to see what direction it was headed in. They probably should have allowed a beta period first so people knew what they could expect out of the game before asking us to throw our money at it. I can only think of 2 reasons they would ask us to pay before we are able to see what the game is like:

1) They have no confidence in the game and are trying to get money out of it before anyone sees how bad it is. (I really don't think this is the case, atleast I hope not. Unless everything i've seen has been a lie).

2) They consider me to be an idiot. I only say this because 200$ is an insane amount of money to ask for before I've even been able to get a closer look at their product. Regardless of what the value of the package is, I haven't been able to try the game yet so there's no way to know if it's actually worth it. It feels like the marketing team decided to offer this package pre beta becuase they think they can get me to throw my cash at them with some pretty pictures and CGI vids. Frankly it's insulting the way they're trying to take advantage of my desperation for this game without throwing me a bone first.

They should have had a beta before offering to sell these packages. I feel it probably would have garnered a warmer response and more 60$ packages sold.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please keep posts civil. - Ambisinisterr
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I give nothing, usually they offer all kind of offers/discounts after launch. Its part of the F2P business. Patience is virtue. But Ive no doubt some people with too much money buy it straight away.
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

im with these guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    Anyone who would give $200 during Beta testing to a game... I have a White Toyota pickup, 4x4, runs great for $500 dollars I will sell you

Yeah, well... i think there's a misunderstanding... I said i won't be paying anything before launch
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jdk2011 wrote: »
    How much should a free MMO be moneybags?

Enough to keep the game fully staffed and the updates coming frequently. Or did you mean to imply that a "free" MMO should have no monetization? Because that would be just plain stupid. And you aren't stupid. Right?

As for the topic, I might get all 3 packs. Cryptic is trying something really new with the Foundry and I have no issue showing them my support for such an initiative.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    The game is free to play; not free.

Free to play does not mean they won't sell in game content. However they have stated they won't sell in game advantage.

So looking over what they are offering they are not selling anything which is giving an advantage.

Couple that with the fact that there have been and will be more ways to access the closed Beta test without paying.
    If you don't want to pay, fine.

You will never have to pay...
    But you absolutely will be tempted. Make no mistake.

Except they're CHARGING FOR BETA ACCESS.

That's.....low. Moneygrubbing low. About as low as abandoning a perfectly good title they already have, simply because they own the IP. If they treated STO the same way they treat CO....the owners of the star trek franchise would sue the everloving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta PW/Cryptic.

Sorry, no. Not spending a dime on the game until I've had a chance to play it.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Except they're CHARGING FOR BETA ACCESS.

I got a beta key from PC Gamer. I didn't pay one red cent because I used a trial subscription through Google Play. I will get beta access for free. Maybe it won't be all three weekends currently announced, but I will get FREE access to beta. There have been other beta key giveaways that people didn't have to pay for and there will likely be more. If you don't want to pay for beta, take advantage of the PC Gamer beta key and mount option. I think it's still available. You won't get beta access the first weekend, but you will get beta access and you'll get it for free if you use Google Play's free trial offer.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd like the big fat priced pack. Don't care about Drizzt or beta access but getting a panther, extra background, extra clothing, extra character slots... and hopefully, including the stuff of cheaper packs because not even the panther (my most desired item) justifies those $200 if that other content is not in. IMHO

For those who insist on how stupid is to spend such amount of money on something that you haven't played yet blah blah blah... I consider stupid those who insist on smoking or drinking alcohol.
  • rustplayerrustplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited January 2013
    Options 6 and 7 :cool:
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well after seeing what the wolf and horse mount looks like I will get the 60dollar one. So change my vote from none to 60... ugh wish I wouldn't of seen them.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=799741
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nope. Drow are stinky.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I don't plan on buying anything until I determine this is a game that I will enjoy. And I can't determine that until I actually PLAY the game. It is one thing to sell early access items to beta players but I am not super keen on selling this stuff before you even release the game in any playable form. That said I can deal with the $60 and less packs due to the fact that folks already spend that for a game they haven't played yet (not taking into consideration that many of those games release demos and have plenty of in depth reviews that one can peruse). A game can promise me the moon, but I need to see for myself in some capacity if it will be what I want it to be. And that makes me less likely to spend.

Hope for the best fear for the worst sort of thing.
  • valance74valance74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep just bought the Gaurdian pack. I love AD and D lore, games, etc. $60 is what I normally pay for games and I think its a good deal.
  • mankind10mankind10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i would have get a pack if i knew bout it before i bought the pc gamer subscription thing, wish they woulda told us ahead of time. as much as i want to play it tho, i am middle class and if i want my wife to stay with me, theres NO WAY IN HELL im gonna buy a 200 $ beta package rofl... i mean ( i woulda but i have to answer for bills )... sorry for my english
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, well... i think there's a misunderstanding... I said i won't be paying anything before launch

Ya, there is amisunderstanding. I wasn't implying that YOU buy the truck, but people willing to drop 200 bones without seeing what they're buying or the condition it is in.
  • mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited January 2013
    In any case I don't see the point in crying foul as if 200 dollars is the only option.

I think what you have is quite a few people who want to pay more than $60 and get the $200 package, but don't want to pay $200 for it. I'd have already bought it had it been a more reasonable price. I can't justify dropping $200 on purely virtual items without ever playing the game.
  • mrvyngaardmrvyngaard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I learned the hard way not to trust the new Cryptic by being a Champions Founder. I'll pass on this one and see just what they have gotten around to doing this time.
  • wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm gonna wait for this game to be released. I don't trust game developers.
  • hoenheim666hoenheim666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The unique thing interest me to buy in the Hero of the North is the DELZOUN TREASURE BOX. Then I'm going to buy the Guardian of Neverwinter. I really don't care about VIP or the Moonstone Mask Tavern and i hate companions and spiders =P

@edit: $200,00 for a weapon... never... if the Hero of the North were something about $100,00 I'd love to buy.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    No poll option for "transaction already completed"? :)
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    mrvyngaard wrote: »
    I learned the hard way not to trust the new Cryptic by being a Champions Founder. I'll pass on this one and see just what they have gotten around to doing this time.

So much this^

And when they're offering us less than the value of a LTS for the cost of a LTS and calling it a $549 value I trust them even less. This used to be a great (flawed, but still capable of great things) company but after seeing what they did (or haven't done) with Champs and all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they've been throwing to the cash shop in exchange for ridiculous prices or gambling for the chance to maybe get it I just can't trust them anymore.

100$ founder pack I could accept (And have in the past, just recently purchased the founder options for WarFrame and FireFall). But a 200$ tier that doesn't even include the lower tiers? No way, thats just nuts.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    So much this^

And when they're offering us less than the value of a LTS for the cost of a LTS and calling it a $549 value I trust them even less. This used to be a great (flawed, but still capable of great things) company but after seeing what they did (or haven't done) with Champs and all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they've been throwing to the cash shop in exchange for ridiculous prices or gambling for the chance to maybe get it I just can't trust them anymore.

It's 2/3rd the post-launch cost of an LTS. It's 4/5th of what the pre-launch cost of CO and STO LTS were.

It's the lowest SALE price of an LTS, but it's not a sale.