test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekends Dated, and For $200 You Can Play Drizzt

1235»

Comments

• shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    k44mos wrote: »
    So I bought a game to play a 2 days "closed beta". Fracking A!

Love you guys. Love you.
    Ah, so you are one of those that certain user here said that didn't exist and that pre-purchased Torchlight II for a Neverwitner beta key? *sigh*

If I end getting the super duper pack, I'll be giving here the extra beta code. If not, see some of you in the third beta weekend with that code I happened to get for pre-purchasing a game that I wanted to buy anyways.

Also, just because someone pays $200, it doesn't mean he lacks imagination. It's also like presuming that because you paid for that, you are Drizzt super mega fan. Or that you like spiders. I do agree that there is too much focus on the beta side of things and cashing on Drizzt-clones but there is no need to bash. Need to worry? Maybe. To bash? Nope.
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And these are the EXACT people I want to see with primary influence over the first aspects of the game open to the public...... (sarcasm, btw)

I understand about nor wanting them to be the first people to influence the game, but 2 points...
    1) If they are willing to spend $200 then let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they really want this game to be good
    2) Do you really think any of us are going to have a real influence development?
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I understand about nor wanting them to be the first people to influence the game, but 2 points...
    1) If they are willing to spend $200 then let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they really want this game to be good
    2) Do you really think any of us are going to have a real influence development?

I would say any chance to influence the game was in alpha beyond that they will just fix some bugs n hash out other similar problem, our opinions will be worth zippo in the betas.

Seems to me that betas now are just to hash out last minute bugs and a marketing scheme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    I dont get it I love forgotten realms and D&D thats the main reason im playing this game but...... I also play because its free..... I got a key for CB and now in order to get access that was said in the first place we would have access if you got a key. I cant and wont take food and clothes and a place to live away from my kids for the first weekend of closed beta! I mean OMG 200.00$ god for that I could upgrade my motherboard and video card and half of us dont even have money for that! I dont know....saying pay 200.00$ for guarenteed access to closed beta is tacky. A moderator on the forums said that they would like to see the game be in closed beta for a while and have positive feedback instead of having some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gloting "I got in the beta before you" and for that reason you guys wont have good testers! My god I tested RaiderZ STO and Champions and my feedback helped all those games! I cant believe this is the first time im complaining on the forums. I thought that would never happen lol! I hope everything gets fixed bucause i dont want to come into a broken game because rich people want to hold it over our heads and glote more to people who didnt get in then give feedback for the game. Mabey im wrong who knows but like they say "opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one" lol
  • zich13zich13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is
    Exclusive Drow Costume
    12 Inventory slots (I'm assuming additional)
    750 000 Astral Diamonds
    3 Extra Character Slots
    Greycloak's Legacy Item
    Immediate Foundry Access
    Full Respec Token

Bitterwinter, can you link where this information can be found? I'm searching the forums and the site like crazy but I do not see that list of items anywhere.

This is the first information to clearly spell out how the very questionably advertised "unique Drow playable race" will work, and reads like the $200 package will not include the lesser founder pack mount or all the items. I don't care at all about beta access or looking like Drizzt, but depending on the Astral diamond-to-real cash conversion, this package may still be enticing with the bonus mount(s?) and character slots.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't see anything that makes a player better in those deals. They might have some cooler stuff then me, and might have a head start but in the end. It will still be free and if I'm a better player I'll be wanted more over skill then over the cool kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> spider mount. Man that spider is cool.
    What I'm getting at this game is still free to play, and to me it still looks like a great game. Now can we please get some healer information?
    Oh did I mention that spider is cool. If its in the store and I like this game I will spend real money on that mount.

Edit:
    I had to edit.. I don't even like spiders but that mount was pretty cool.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it me or is the animation on that panther horrible?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited January 2013
    I liked the panther thought he looked good(will go back and watch again for the spider.. I mean panther), I'm more of a dog guy though.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    I dont get it I love forgotten realms and D&D thats the main reason im playing this game but...... I also play because its free..... I got a key for CB and now in order to get access that was said in the first place we would have access if you got a key. I cant and wont take food and clothes and a place to live away from my kids for the first weekend of closed beta! I mean OMG 200.00$ god for that I could upgrade my motherboard and video card and half of us dont even have money for that! I dont know....saying pay 200.00$ for guarenteed access to closed beta is tacky. A moderator on the forums said that they would like to see the game be in closed beta for a while and have positive feedback instead of having some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gloting "I got in the beta before you" and for that reason you guys wont have good testers! My god I tested RaiderZ STO and Champions and my feedback helped all those games! I cant believe this is the first time im complaining on the forums. I thought that would never happen lol! I hope everything gets fixed bucause i dont want to come into a broken game because rich people want to hold it over our heads and glote more to people who didnt get in then give feedback for the game. Mabey im wrong who knows but like they say "opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one" lol

I am probably biased because I am extremely well off financially, but 200.00 is nothing. I am not gloating, but all I read on the forums are cry posts. We are supporting the game. It is tacky for closed beta access, but they also don't have to have closed beta and open it up as much as they do. They can get people to play it for free or pay people to test. People go on the forums and facebook page and just constantly complain about getting into beta or for the game to come out. Look people, they gave us dates and they are giving us a taste of the game...... now they are looking out for themselves financially speaking. More money equals more growth.
    The industry has to make money somehow, especially to keep a free to play MMO going. If they don't place a high value on certain things, than everyone is going to have it.....loss of value.
    Anyways go at it. :D
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
    edited January 2013
    You know on the other hand this is making Turbines pricing seem not that bad lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    UPDATED INFORMATION!

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!
    Hello there, here is information who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer keys
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers

This information is subject to change. Please keep an eye on the this thread and this thread for details!

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zich13 wrote: »
    Bitterwinter, can you link where this information can be found? I'm searching the forums and the site like crazy but I do not see that list of items anywhere.

This is the first information to clearly spell out how the very questionably advertised "unique Drow playable race" will work, and reads like the $200 package WILL NOT include the lesser founder pack mount and items. I don't care at all about beta access or looking like Drizzt, but depending on the Astral diamond-to-real cash conversion, this package may still be enticing with the bonus mount(s?) and character slots.

Its in the video it was made very clear that the video was about the Heroes of Neverwinter pack
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Updated Information!

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,

Where do the STO lifetimer keys fit in ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Where do the STO lifetimer keys fit in ?
    Keep an eye on this thread, as Pin will keep updating it with info! :)

Everything in His stickies will override the initial information given by me as it comes in and is subject to change.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Updated again:

[h=2]Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first![/h]
    Hello there, here is information who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer keys
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events
    edited January 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    I am probably biased because I am extremely well off financially, but 200.00 is nothing. I am not gloating, but all I read on the forums are cry posts. We are supporting the game. It is tacky for closed beta access, but they also don't have to have closed beta and open it up as much as they do. They can get people to play it for free or pay people to test. People go on the forums and facebook page and just constantly complain about getting into beta or for the game to come out. Look people, they gave us dates and they are giving us a taste of the game...... now they are looking out for themselves financially speaking. More money equals more growth.
    The industry has to make money somehow, especially to keep a free to play MMO going. If they don't place a high value on certain things, than everyone is going to have it.....loss of value.

I agree with this and I've been unemployed for two months. No one has to buy any of this and they still get to play for free. I'm look at it as the 200 dollars is a collectors addition.

I will wait for the game to come out and if its a good game. I will prolly spend 20 to 40dollars a month on myself and wife to keep the game going. It has to make some kind of money or it will not succeed.

I think this is a good thing and we know the game will be coming out sometime April maybe?(if we are lucky) For people with 200cash they get some nice ingame items, the company makes some cash up front, and bums like me get to play when the game is released.(for free!)

I do like the spider mount though.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol just saw the video.

What is with the announcer, even he was laughing at cheezy lines, when he said "So... (laughs)"

Hahahahaha!
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    lol just saw the video.

What is with the announcer, even he was laughing at cheezy lines, when he said "So... (laughs)"

Hahahahaha!

Yeah I've watched it like 10 times now and it still cracks me up.
    edited January 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Yeah I've watched it like 10 times now and it still cracks me up.

Heh he laughing at the peeps that will spend 200$ ....mwahahahahaha

Edit: sorry just had to get it out of my system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cgorocgoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good day, I have been reading the forums for quite some time and, while risking to fall into the "hype train" category, I would like to have the following issues clarified:
    1. As others previously stated, 200$ is a lot of money, especially for those in Europe (if they are required to pay VAT as well). I assume (and hope) that a full list of the price/value would be offered, because saying it has an equivalent value of 549$ does not necessarily mean the actual value is 549$, especially as the person paying does not have a chance to judge the value of the product by himself or has any form of guarantee (what one understands from advertisement can be different than the product itself, or the product itself is something else than what it is advertised to be). Could we have a relative price on the astral diamonds? To give a "palpable" value to the 750.000 given.
    I have no problem with most pricing models, (I did not play any of the Cryptic MMO titles so I have no comparison in regards to their policy) but this precedent worries me.
    2. Is there any system planned (or in place) to allow upgrades from the lower priced founder packs to the higher ones if we decide it is actually worth the sum?

Thank you for your time.
    "There is no such thing such as a moral phenomenon, only a moral interpretation of a phenomenon." - Friedrich Nietszche, Beyond Good and Evil, Part IV, 108, Antet publishing house, p. 74.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    I plan on spending money in the in-game shop. But RaiderZ did it well with there founders pack and made back all if not more than what it took to make the game! Thats not including all the in-game shop items as well(which I spent a lot on - 100$+ not at once of course) but I didnt need to buy the founders pack to get into closed beta. I'm not complaining as much as some but it is a STEEP price to pay and the way Kotaku portrayed the package as if you will have your own Drizzt character. I would like to see a 60$ limit on founders packs or just turn this game into a buy-to-play. Guild Wars 2 did and they made their money back (or at least arena net claims). And yeah the quote above stated 200$ for 2 days of closed beta + some cool stuff. What if say I pay the 200.00$ and get in feb. 8-10 and i absolutely hate the game (doubt it). Then I wasted 200.00$ I could have put to better use. I can see losing 60$ but 200$........
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Heh he laughing at the peeps that will spend 200$ ....mwahahahahaha

Edit: sorry just had to get it out of my system

ROFL muhahaha I am laughing at that too.. Ohhh I mean.. I'm not evil I usually play a helping dwarf warrior or healer.. "I mean get some ale and walk away lads"... "I can give you a back rub and a nice bearded happy ending for half the price."
    edited January 2013
    I'm no longer going to post updates here for the reason of Confusion. Instead, please refer to the two new stickies by CM Pin:

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Neverwinter Beta - Which Founder's Pack items will you receive during Beta?

I'll still answer any inquiries that I can.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    To help keep confusion low and information consolidated, please head on over to the official announcement thread here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30631

To keep information from being confused and needed to be posted twice in multiple places, I am closing this thread. Please use the linked thread for questions and feedback.

Feel free to start individual topics discussing certain aspects, if you all wish,
    like was done with the note about character slots.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.