test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekends Dated, and For $200 You Can Play Drizzt

Comments

• bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how do we buy them? and why is this not on the front page of the site yet? Ill buy
    $60. Maybe Im cranky or Depressed from not eating for 2 weeks. maybe thats what makes me so against the $200 pack.

WTH why haven't you not eaten for 2 weeks?? Of course that will affect your mood!!

Pinpoint has said that it will go up on the front page tomorrow along with further clarification of everything. Zebular is currently talking to Pin to see about getting early clarification for everyone on levels of access etc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    how do we buy them? and why is this not on the front page of the site yet? Ill buy
    $60. Maybe Im cranky or Depressed from not eating for 2 weeks. maybe thats what makes me so against the $200 pack.
    Because that is how marketing works. You first release big news like this to the Press, let them create a bit of buzz and then you start to officially promote it yourself, so you're not taking away viewership from your Media Outlets.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    The 200.00 pack comes with a lot of stuff well worth over 200.00
    All I see are people bitching about the beta dates and the packs. I feel sorry for those who are in a place in their life that they have to worry about 200.00 and who take the time to complain about good news regarding beta dates and the closing of the release date gap.
    Oh well. I love hearing the wailing of people and I'll see you all in game on my amazing spider mount! xoxoxox
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It officially starts tomorrow and it's not that your depressed, 200$ is a <horrible> price. That's more than subbing to a game for a whole year at 15$ a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    All I see are people bitching about the beta dates and the packs. I feel sorry for those who are in a place in their life that they have to worry about 200.00 and who take the time to complain about good news regarding beta dates and the closing of the release date gap.
    Oh well. I love hearing the wailing of people and I'll see you all in game on my amazing spider mount! xoxoxox

You are horrible:D
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    how many character slots is default if the packs give you 3 more slots? Default 1 or 2?
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WTH why haven't you not eaten for 2 weeks?? Of course that will affect your mood!!

Pinpoint has said that it will go up on the front page tomorrow along with further clarification of everything. Zebular is currently talking to Pin to see about getting early clarification for everyone on levels of access etc.

Im on some stinking juice diet. Only fresh juice and this stuff is horrible. I am getting depressed from it.
    Also If I had a job I probably would dish out the $200 but for now I dont.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

yeah well said its exciting news, but 200 is a lot of GP....for some

This post has gone viral..... look at the hits
    drowpic1_zps82c359c2.jpg
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

And these are the EXACT people I want to see with primary influence over the first aspects of the game open to the public...... (sarcasm, btw)
    edited January 2013
    Im on some stinking juice diet. Only fresh juice and this stuff is horrible. I am getting depressed from it.
    Also If I had a job I probably would dish out the $200 but for now I dont.

Seriously quit with the diet you're probably young and thin:) and don't sweat what is being offered in the packs you most likely will be able to purchase some of it over the next year.
    edited January 2013
    ryvvik wrote: »
    yeah well said its exciting news, but 200 is a lot of GP....for some

This post has gone viral..... look at the hits
    drowpic1_zps82c359c2.jpg
    Thats true, Im glad there is a beta date but I have no job so it does make a difference for me with the $200 pack. I think you should at least get like a poster signed by the devs also for $200

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!
    Hello there, here is information who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer keys
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Seriously quit with the diet you're probably young and thin:) and don't sweat what is being offered in the packs you most likely will be able to purchase some of it over the next year.

Its to try to improve health. I had from 2008 cancer up until last year and know I have a very bad skin problem going on. I am debating getting off though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thats true, Im glad there is a beta date but I have no job so it does make a difference for me with the $200 pack. I think you should at least get like a poster signed by the devs also for $200

$200 is a lot of money - instead considering for beta access I would say consider the pack if you absolutely want to be like drizzt. It is a good way to keep drizzt clones to minimum. :p
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish there were more options in the last pack. And with that I mean that I wish that there were some packs which difference is that they have a different race stuff associated to them. I like drows but I'm well over Drizzts/Drozzts/Grizzts/... (cannot say "no" to panthers though) and certainly, there are other options that can also generate interest for other players (Bruenor clones? :p).

That said, that pack better include all the previous stuff. These days, $200 is tons of money for a game that is not even in beta. It's asking for a huge leap of faith. I want to trust Cryptic but ... uff. If the stars align properly, I may find myself in the panther camp (to me that's the most exciting perk of the whole pack... that and a new costume :o ) but it's lots of money. And right now it seems that the main attraction (and price raising???!?!?!?!) is the beta related stuff, which I must say that annoys me because I don't buy alpha/beta/gamma access to games. I don't need beta, I need a solid game on release that kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If before that happens I get beta access for free, I won't complain.

Well, tomorrow and the following days I'll get more stuff on to which make an informed decission.

Weird that you have a level requirement to be able to access the Foundry. At least you don't need to reach level cap because that would be totally :mad:.
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!
    • PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
      • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
      • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator

Thanks very much Zeb for clarifying everything hopefully this will calm folks down somewhat.
    edited January 2013
    If we had PC Gamer and get the $60 pack do we still get the PC Gamer mount

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So racial unlocks in store most likely, I'd expect some classes too, pretty standard. 12 slot "bag of holding" LOLz that's a bit oxymoronic, but all in all pretty such what I'd expect from an F2P title. They need that 10% to pay for the game so the others can mooch.

Beta weekend patten suggests 2nd week of April release or do you think they'll open the gate right after the last weekend?
    edited January 2013
    If we had PC Gamer and get the $60 pack do we still get the PC Gamer mount

My guess would be yes you would just move up (I think) in when you get access.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    $200 is a lot of money - instead considering for beta access I would say consider the pack if you absolutely want to be like drizzt. It is a good way to keep drizzt clones to minimum. :p

I say it's a shame that they're putting highest beta priority access with the people with the least amount of imagination (and of course the most money).

Okay, that might be a little harsh, as there are probably a couple who shell out the $200 for beta (and a few Astral Diamonds XD). But I'm still seeing the majority of people getting this as a preview and "important customer" access rather beta testing.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    And these are the EXACT people I want to see with primary influence over the first aspects of the game open to the public...... (sarcasm, btw)

It is called being mature, responsible and realistic enough to have yourself in a place that allows you to do it. On top of the fact that I don't sit in forums and cry about every little thing that does not go my way. IE: People who cry about beta dates end up being the ones that cry that they are only on the weekends after finding out the dates.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I bought a game to play a 2 days "closed beta". Fracking A!

Love you guys. Love you.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I say it's a shame that they're putting highest beta priority access with the people with the least amount of imagination (and of course the most money).

I would strongly disagree. Five years ago I was a die hard Drizzt fan and would have easily paid $200 to be a drizzt for a day, forget for the whole weekends(and more). Who knows I might have even entered world's oldest profession to pay (ofcourse I mean politics you naughty:p ). At that time my brain was more bold and more creative than today too. I don't really think that these two things have any correlation.

Other than that I have no comment. However, it is probably unfair as they are basically capping on R A Salvatore's hardwork but that is business!!!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not sure any of those packs are worth my money....will have to consider it.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so they: Made people to pay for beta where people will do job for them so they don't need to hire beta testers. Really you guys are going to pay for beta access?

selling items how cute:
    • ‘Adventurer's Helper Pack' containing six different types of in-game items
    Amulet of Protection' item
    Unique ‘Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia' head piece

yeah and you pay to unlock some race, not only that you pay to unlock it on closed beta

It's hard for me to imagine how low game developer have to fall to sell items with such a high pricess for clossed beta. If this was some indi game or new company I could understand that here we have people that risk a lot but sorry what they did now is feeding on peoples feelings and stupidity.

If you want to sell this kind of items then you show a little bit of respect and start at open beta.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stinks like STO founders pack.. That most people had refunded.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • maybello17maybello17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pay for beta? I remember when beta was free and not 200$....<goofy>

I remember when War Z came out and i spent 30$ on the game....worse thing ever, after a month I stopped playing that game, After reading this I lost all hope on D&D Neverwinter.....

"Q: What is Neverwinter?
    Neverwinter is a FREE, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game."

FREE
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

They haven't release this info officially, kotaku.com jumped the gone and released this info before the promo is suppose to run, which is tomorrow. We will get the official stuff tomorrow.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I guess there will be a million variations of the name Drizzt as well...while it did look kind of cool I would almost rather a statue of some sort that I can set on my computer desk at least then it would "seem" sort of unique..
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For only 1000$ you can buy closed beta brain damage.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
This discussion has been closed.