Neverwinter Beta Weekends Dated, and For $200 You Can Play Drizzt

Comments

• jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Were my Raiderz Founder pack key for D&D Neverwinter
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From the announcement thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30631-Neverwinter-Beta-details-and-Founder-s-Pack-announcement!
    RaiderZ Founder's Pack will have access to a different weekend. I'll have more details tomorrow. The Hero of the North Founder's Pack will have guaranteed access to the first Beta Weekend on February 8, 2013.

The Hero of the North Founder's Pack and Guardian of Neverwinter Pack grants access to all three Beta Weekend events. RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers will have access to second and third Beta Weekends.

And on the bit about early Foundry access:
    You normally will get access at level 15. A Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchase grants access immediately when you log in. I'll get back to you about the Astral Diamonds - I don't know off the top of my head.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Well.... thnx :p

hah! I said should be! I am not an authority figure so dont say thanks to my guess or belief!
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    Were my Raiderz Founder pack key for D&D Neverwinter

You beat me to it was about to link it :)
  • madsenistmadsenist Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well good news is beta "weekends" are coming soon.......
    Drizzt pack? Meh........How about Jarlaxle or Entreri? Charons claw? Actually I'm a little curious on clarification of the past Closed beta keys... I had not assumed it was for "weekends" , I had hope to be a little more involved in testing and not part of a stress test. Apparently that is the case and none of us with the closed beta keys will be an integral part of the testing.........ehem, some of us like testing games and giving feedback, not just a free preview.
    The whole Drizzt thing is a bit annoying though, there are going to be tons of Dizzt's/Gwen's running around.........
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Ruin I believe it pinpoint's official post he indicates that these are "some" of the closed beta tests.

My point is, the devs will be hearing what's best for the game earlier only by those with the money to do so. Whether these people truly care about direction of development and the game itself, I won't be the judge. There could be some great feedback, but considering the target of the campaign was Drizzt clones, it just kind of makes me fear for its future. Especially because the game will be harder to make solid changes to as it gets closer to a finished product.

The whole plan seems shallow to me. I won't judge the people who buy the product; I may even be thankful later. But I will say I totally called it when money took priority in the grand scheme of MMOs.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My point is, the devs will be hearing what's best for the game earlier only by those with the money to do so. Whether these people truly care about direction of development and the game itself, I won't be the judge. There could be some great feedback, but considering the target of the campaign was Drizzt clones, it just kind of makes me fear for its future. Especially because the game will be harder to make solid changes to as it gets closer to a finished product.

The whole plan seems shallow to me. I won't judge the people who buy the product; I may even be thankful later. But I will say I totally called it when money took priority in the grand scheme of MMOs.

We just don't know anything until tomorrow who knows they could have a closed beta weekend this weekend exclusive to the TL2 and Riaders packs we won't know till tomorrow. Hopefully they will have a rather detailed FAQ with regards to access for the different promotions (pinpoint if you're reading this it would be a really really good idea) and how it will be handled.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    madsenist wrote: »
    Well good news is beta "weekends" are coming soon.......
    Drizzt pack? Meh........How about Jarlaxle or Entreri? Charons claw? Actually I'm a little curious on clarification of the past Closed beta keys... I had not assumed it was for "weekends" , I had hope to be a little more involved in testing and not part of a stress test. Apparently that is the case and none of us with the closed beta keys will be an integral part of the testing.........ehem, some of us like testing games and giving feedback, not just a free preview.
    The whole Drizzt thing is a bit annoying though, there are going to be tons of Dizzt's/Gwen's running around.........

Yeah I like entreri too. Would love an entreri shadowy thing so I could go kill all them drizzts

I said as much about betas in another post, if you don't get into alphas nowadays and only get into the betas then your just really stress testing and and your input doesn't really mean diddly as they have already decided on things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    We just don't know anything until tomorrow who knows they could have a closed beta weekend this weekend exclusive to the TL2 and Riaders packs we won't know till tomorrow. Hopefully they will have a rather detailed FAQ with regards to access for the different promotions (pinpoint if you're reading this it would be a really really good idea) and how it will be handled.

Better hope they have a plan. Some people actually have to work on weekends. If they drop something like Taco Bell's "free tacos yesterday" bit, a lot of players are gonna be pissed.
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What's the info on cumulatively stacking the packs to get bonus items?
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
    edited January 2013
    What's the info on cumulatively stacking the packs to get bonus items?
    There is none until we get the post from pinpoint as per his thread on the packs.
  • allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i must say recently we been seeing lots of good titles been flushed through the pipe cus industry is interested in making money on a short term rather then on a long term and realy would hate to see this title having the same fate. a person needs to get paid from its work so i dont expect a game to be free. i dont mind to spend money on a game but 1 i need to know the game is worth for me to spend my money on it. recently been playing path of the exile and must say for a company with such a low budget they been doin quite well with their market strategy. i paid for a closed beta key and must say it was worth the money. looking at this promo for neverwinter must say i am not realy enthusiastic to spend like that without even tried the game 1.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One thing is for sure, I have not seen so much life, angst and over all activity in these forums for a while. Create a buzz... *check!*
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    i got a beta key or a horse key. how do i tell wich is wich? if i put in the key for the horse will the page display download now or will that only happen if a beta access key is entered? somebody hit me up if they know.
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    i got a beta key or a horse key. how do i tell wich is wich? if i put in the key for the horse will the page display download now or will that only happen if a beta access key is entered? somebody hit me up if they know.

If you enter a key it will show download now, however it will be greyed out till you receive an email indicating that you are to have access to the beta at a specific time.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One thing is for sure, I have not seen so much life, angst and over all activity in these forums for a while. Create a buzz... *check!*

yep! Hype train has finally arrived!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The key from PCGamer for the horse is also a beta key. Maybe not to the first weekend though. The button will change to "Download Now" but be greyed out until they make the download available. Probably closer to the 8th.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why? These are total optional packs that have no bearing on past offers.

Let me rephrase the $200 pack is
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    The PC Gamer Magazine is both, a CBT Key and a Mount key!
    edited January 2013
    Id spend $60 but $200 I do not see how it is worth that.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Ranger yay.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    did no one notice the video said 750,000 Astral Diamonds? That is probably where the bulk of the $549 value comes from.
    edited January 2013
    Let me rephrase the $200 pack is

I'm curious as to why again its totally optional and its a way to generate cash for the game prior to launch. If someone wants to buy it all the more power to them.
    edited January 2013
    did no one notice the video said 750,000 Astral Diamonds? That is probably where the bulk of the $549 value comes from.

And the 3 extra character slots...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    As for the concerns on what keys grant what access levels to what tests, I'm discussing details right now with CM PinPointError and should have a bit more clarification on access levels "soon." TM

Thanks and we apologize for any confusion that is being caused. Let's all try and remain calm and civil as this was just released to the Press not long ago. The promotion doesn't
    officially start until tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    yep! Hype train has finally arrived!

Except the hype train is greeted with more hostility than open arms. This will just push people away. Fans will stay but will deter those on the fence. Just check out MMORPG.com's comments.
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    As for the concerns on what keys grant what access levels to what tests, I'm discussing details right now with CM PinPointError and should have a bit more clarification on access levels "soon." TM

Might want to bold, underline and italicize that:D
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't see anything wrong with any of the packs. I won't buy any of them and when I get the game will go from there.
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And the 3 extra character slots...

and a +1 xtra golden beta key
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    how do we buy them? and why is this not on the front page of the site yet? Ill buy
    $60. Maybe Im cranky or Depressed from not eating for 2 weeks. maybe thats what makes me so against the $200 pack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.