test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Meet the developers.

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ruffiana wrote: »
    Christopher Bruce here, Senior Animator on Neverwinter.
    Do a lot of our rigs, 3DS Max tools, technical stuff and occasionally make things run around and do stuff.
    Thanks for stopping by ruff:)

What's the funnest thing you've had to animate lately?
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've done some power animations in the past, but we've spent so much time tweaking, fine-tuning, and revamping powers that I'm not sure how much of what I've done is in the game anymore.

More recently I've been working on rigs for our non-human critters, mounts, and companions. D&D has a huge beastiary of creatures, and we're trying to get as many of them into Neverwinter that we can.

Right on. love to hear stuff like this :D
  • Options
    ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty hardcore :) I would love the opportunity to bring the Monster Manual to life!
    Do you guys have physical copies of the books laying around? I know that's kind of a random question heh.

Of course! We've got multiple copies of every manual from every edition floating around. And we work very closely with WotC to ensure that what we're putting into Neverwinter fits the most current style of the world of Dungeons and Dragons.
    Thanks for stopping by ruff:)

What's the funnest thing you've had to animate lately?

Tough to say. Maybe our dragons?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    You ever play PnP? Got a favorite edition or anything particular from one of the books that's directly inspired something you've done in game? Like, saw something and said, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's cool, I want to do THAT today!
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Of course! We've got multiple copies of every manual from every edition floating around. And we work very closely with WotC to ensure that what we're putting into Neverwinter Online fits the most current style of the world of Dungeons and Dragons.

Tough to say. Maybe our dragons?

oohhh how many colours do we have:) dragon wise:)
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know this one may be odd, but would you consider or be willing to go on the NOCS(Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show) Podcast and answer some questions? We have been waiting for a dev to join the show for a long time now.

Also I really want Dragonborns to be a race at launch if yall can talk about that or not I understand
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know this one may be odd, but would you consider or be willing to go on the NOCS(Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show) Podcast and answer some questions? We have been waiting for a dev to join the show for a long time now.!

Pretty sure this kind of thing has to be coordinated through marketing and whatnot. Besides, you're far better off talking to someone like Squez who's less heads down in one very particular segment of the game.
    ranncore wrote: »
    You ever play PnP? Got a favorite edition or anything particular from one of the books that's directly inspired something you've done in game? Like, saw something and said, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's cool, I want to do THAT today!

Always been a fan of Forgotten Realms. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter. Also really liked 2nd Edition/Planescape.

Not a lot of PnP gaming experience. Maybe a half-dozen games ranging from pretty cool to one game with "My character gets naked and starts drinking!"
    oohhh how many colours do we have:) dragon wise:)

More than one, less than all.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    "My character gets naked and starts drinking!"

I'm going to quote you on this one day when you least expect it :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pretty sure this kind of thing has to be coordinated through marketing and whatnot. Besides, you're far better off talking to someone like Squez who's less heads down in one very particular segment of the game.

could you beg, err, ask him to do this? I know everybody's so busy...

Always been a fan of Forgotten Realms. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter. Also really liked 2nd Edition/Planescape.

Now you're not just rattling your bone box, berk, 'cause I worship this!
    Not a lot of PnP gaming experience. Maybe a half-dozen games ranging from pretty cool to one game with "My character gets naked and starts drinking!"

Oh you so painted a critical hit bulls-eye with that statement!

More than one, less than all.
    More than two? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thesquezthesquez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do not respond to begging...only to not-poisoned cookie filled gift baskets! or you can PM: cmpinpointerror.

Like Ruffiana says we totally schedule that stuff out with the rest of our PR/Marketing efforts and he can get you on the right people's radar... then at some point someone will say "hey Squez, you've got an interview with that dude from the FORUMS!!!!" and then i'll be all like "NO WAAYYY FULL CIRCLE DUDE"...and then we'll all be happy.

xoxo

TheSquez
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thesquez wrote: »
    I do not respond to begging...only to not-poisoned cookie filled gift baskets! or you can PM: cmpinpointerror.

Like Ruffiana says we totally schedule that stuff out with the rest of our PR/Marketing efforts and he can get you on the right people's radar... then at some point someone will say "hey Squez, you've got an interview with that dude from the FORUMS!!!!" and then i'll be all like "NO WAAYYY FULL CIRCLE DUDE"...and then we'll all be happy.

xoxo

TheSquez
    Ok Thanks for the info

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Squez. I was wondering what other games you've worked on besides Neverwinter?
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    {snip}... at some point someone will say "hey Squez, you've got an interview with that dude from the FORUMS!!!!" and then i'll be all like "NO WAAYYY FULL CIRCLE DUDE"...and then we'll all be happy.

xoxo

TheSquez

250px-ThatGuy.jpg

"You rock Squez!" - That (Big) Dude

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now this is starting to look like a typical Cryptic forum :D
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013

xoxo

TheSquez

This post is to funny.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

xoxo

TheSquez

NOT poisoned gift baskets of cookies!
    I always get those two mixed up!
    *corrects order*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013

xoxo

TheSquez

Can I also give you pie?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    What kind of cookies do you want Squez?

I can easily give you Session Cookies, Persistent Cookies, Secure Cookies, Supercookies and even Zombie Cookies.
    I'll be nice an avoid Tracking Cookies though. The janitors definitely wouldn't be thrilled with you leaving tracks all around the office afterall.

This post has been brought to you by the Letter C.
    c-is-for-cookie-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-rad-rowdies-rad-rowdies-1.jpg
  • Options
    dioxazinedioxazine Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We have a Meet The Developers thread? Why doesn't anybody tell me about these things? Is it because of my odor? I take showers, I swear...
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dioxazine wrote: »
    We have a Meet The Developers thread? Why doesn't anybody tell me about these things? Is it because of my odor? I take showers, I swear...

Welcome Back!!!
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Welcome back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Woot! Hiya Dioxazine!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    And thought you were just being shy...glad to see you here!

Oh, and

send...more...devs! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

ta na na na. *snif snit* what is that smell ?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Hello, Devs! :)
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Perhaps it is the opposite? Your odor is that of flowers and sunlight which drives Trolls away?
  • Options
    blytblyt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question, While in the Foundry editing... What contact does our character have with the world in-game. Meaning do we have chat options still? world/guild chat etc.. or No contact. Your character is basically logged out while in the Foundry?

Watching videos I doubt this since its probably tied to your account but can I have the foundry open on one computer with my character logged in on another?

I guess i just hope there is something to keep me informed if a guildy needs help or a maiden stumbles into the local tavern needing assistance hehe....
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    blyt wrote: »
    I have a question, While in the Foundry editing... What contact does our character have with the world in-game. Meaning do we have chat options still? world/guild chat etc.. or No contact. Your character is basically logged out while in the Foundry?

Watching videos I doubt this since its probably tied to your account but can I have the foundry open on one computer with my character logged in on another?

I guess i just hope there is something to keep me informed if a guildy needs help or a maiden stumbles into the local tavern needing assistance hehe....

From the videos it doesn't look like you are logged in at all when using the foundry. You log in to the character selection screen and there is a button to enter the foundry. It looks like none of your characters all logged in at all while working but I could be wrong.
This discussion has been closed.