Install Arc
Options

Meet the developers.

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    One would think ,just coming to this site they could fine new info .But this isnt the case ;( really? mmorpg.com has 2 new vids and screen shots O_o this site has dec 26 latest news and we didnt even get a HAPPY NEW YEAR from neverwinter.If am wrong u can tar and feather me.
    I don't take kindly to neglect.

Tar and feather is a bit over the top....much like your post. :rolleyes:

It's the way their marketing works...none of us like it but we don't talk about being neglected like we are some beggar child on the streets of Calcutta.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One would think ,just coming to this site they could fine new info .But this isnt the case ;( really? mmorpg.com has 2 new vids and screen shots O_o this site has dec 26 latest news and we didnt even get a HAPPY NEW YEAR from neverwinter.If am wrong u can tar and feather me.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/feature/7010
  • Options
    rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The vid is from '31.08.2012'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Uq7AJB62g.

It is Old :)
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Tar and feather is a bit over the top....much like your post. :rolleyes:

It's the way their marketing works...none of us like it but we don't talk about being neglected like we are some beggar child on the streets of Calcutta.
    Do u work for the CIA? how did you know that info on me ?
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rofehr wrote: »
    The vid is from '31.08.2012'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Uq7AJB62g.

It is Old :)
    Yup. but I haven't seen these screens before. Human & Drow (i think it's a drow) duke it out. Very nice.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thesquez wrote: »
    Oh Hai guys and Gals!!!!

Just Poppin in...expect to see more of me in 2013. <3

XoXo
    -The Squez

Oh can we haz beta now:) its early 2013:)

*sorry I was made to say it:)*
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *sorry I was made to say it:)*

*quickly hides away the pliers, blades and a tickling-feather*
    *covers the streching racks and gibbets with black cloth*
    *closes the iron maiden quickly and brings down the false wall*

"Huff-huff! What ridiculous accusation... huff! huff! ... There was no coercion involved of any sort ... huff huff!"
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Post-launch support for any feature depends on player reception and use of that feature. I think the Foundry is positioned to have a great shot at being one of the biggest draws to NWO, but players will have ultimate say on where we focus our development time.

As far as the Foundry goes for me at least, I thnk that depends on how much it has changed. I remember when it was first released with STO and it was touted as something ANYONE could use to easily and quickly make new, yet quality missions.. but it so WAS NOT something someone with no knowledge could come in and use and pick up in moments, far from it. And even now the most interesting and diverse missions created in it are those made using it in ways it wasn't intended.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks,

Spirals here. I'm one of the sound designers at Cryptic. I love my job, I love working on Neverwinter and I'd be happy to handle any audio related questions you may have.

Also, I haven't seen her post anywhere else but I know one of our concept artists introduced herself a while back.... now let's see here, where was that...

Ah.. here we go:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?8541-Dioxazine!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    spirals999 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Spirals here. I'm one of the sound designers at Cryptic. I love my job, I love working on Neverwinter and I'd be happy to handle any audio related questions you may have.

Also, I haven't seen her post anywhere else but I know one of our concept artists introduced herself a while back.... now let's see here, where was that...

Ah.. here we go:

Hello Spirals999!

I have a question. Can you please comment on the VoIP option in the game? I didnt like Champion Online's VoIP, as I found it's sound quality poor compared to DDO's. I'm interested if there's been improvements made to sound quality or if its just a port. Thanks!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thius is a Meet the Developers section. That is what it has done. Holiday cheer (including what's to come for 2013) has already been done at the listed link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks,

Ah.. here we go:

Hey man whatsup. Sound designer? That does sound fun, heh. Voice acting for velociraptors? Maybe something a bit different for Neverwinter? :)

Thanks to leading me to that other post! So, I am also wondering if Neverwinter will have voice support built in, but I'm not actually sure that's your field.

On a scale of 1-10, how sexy are female battle grunts? Hah hah :)
  • Options
    spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello Spirals999!
    Can you please comment on the VoIP option in the game?
    I'm interested if there's been improvements made to sound quality or if its just a port. Thanks!

Actually, I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar with our VoIP infrastructure. You might be surprised to learn that programmers handle that stuff a lot more than us sound designers. However, for what it's worth I do think that we have made advancements in procuring new VoIP technology or software and so we *should* see an improvement in that area compared to past titles.

ranncore wrote: »
    Hey man whatsup. Sound designer? That does sound fun, heh. Voice acting for velociraptors? Maybe something a bit different for Neverwinter? :)

Indeed. Moar Wights. Less Raptors.
    So, I am also wondering if Neverwinter will have voice support built in, but I'm not actually sure that's your field.

As far as I know at this precise moment, Neverwinter will have built in VoIP at launch.
    On a scale of 1-10, how sexy are female battle grunts? Hah hah :)

Hm. Depends on if you're talking about PCs or Critters. There are some enemies in our game which have grunts that I'd rate somewhere around a 7.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks,

Ah.. here we go:

Music? Soundtrack? Who did that? Any details?

Voice-overs in cinematics? (if you have cinematic)?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Hm. Depends on if you're talking about PCs or Critters. There are some enemies in our game which have grunts that I'd rate somewhere around a 7.

... are any of them Wights? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Less Raptors.

... so just to be clear you aren't ruling Raptors out entirely?
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow I see we have both mapolis and spiral online tonight woot:)

and looks like Craig is playing the game (via twitter)

"Craig Zinkievich ‏@CrypticZinc
    Playing some recent Trickster Rogue changes. #Neverwinter
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
    8:40 PM - 3 Jan 13
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Yeah man this is where all the cool people hang out.
  • Options
    rendalynrendalyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello Spirals! Are there any PC voices to choose from for character immersion? There are a few of us who loved having a good number of quotes we could initiate by certain key configs in NWN 1 n 2. Love to see that in this game. At least some types of laughter to pick from would be nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Is it only me who senses a sinister motive behind this rare occurrence? They say that the end of world is called as beta-ment day...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rendalyn wrote: »
    Hello Spirals! Are there any PC voices to choose from for character immersion? There are a few of us who loved having a good number of quotes we could initiate by certain key configs in NWN 1 n 2. Love to see that in this game. At least some types of laughter to pick from would be nice.

Hey that's a good point, all the classic old isometric DnD games let you pick between a selection of character voices. That'd be cool to see.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey Spiral do you get to, say, make an explosion when you need a sound effect of an explosion?

Hey Mapolis if you're out there somewhere, I've got a random question: are there any underwater or even planar zones with weird environmental effects?

And damnit I can never keep affect and effect straight gonna go have to look that up and maybe edit this...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Music? Soundtrack? Who did that? Any details?
    As a matter of fact I do have details. It looks Like Kevin Manthei will once again be lending his amazing compositional prowess to our game. For those who may not know, Kevin Manthei was responsible for the music of Champs and STO.
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Voice-overs in cinematics? (if you have cinematic)?

Nobody you would recognize at this time.
    ... are any of them Wights? :)

:-/
    ... so just to be clear you aren't ruling Raptors out entirely?

As a lowly audio dude I'm afraid I don't have the authority to either confirm nor deny the existence of raptors in Neverwinter at this time.
    rendalyn wrote: »
    Are there any PC voices to choose from for character immersion? There are a few of us who loved having a good number of quotes we could initiate by certain key configs in NWN 1 n 2. Love to see that in this game. At least some types of laughter to pick from would be nice.

There are many considerations that need to be made before we can implement player voice packs/ voice customization for an MMO like Neverwinter. We have considered this feature, however at present there are some technical limitations which are making it difficult for us. It is a feature I would love to see in the game but right now it looks like we are going to be spending the majority of our effort on ensuring that NPCs in the game like critters, bosses, and some contacts have voices before we focus on the PC.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey Spiral do you get to, say, make an explosion when you need a sound effect of an explosion?

I do. It is one of the funnest parts of my job. Between Champs, STO, and NW I've gotten very good at Explosions.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ...Nobody you would recognize at this time...

So there is voice-over? That is a very good news!

Is one of them the person who did VO for the trailers? I think they were done nicely (except for resolution)
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    spending the majority of our effort on ensuring that NPCs in the game like critters, bosses, and some contacts have voices before we focus on the PC.
    Quite understandable.

Will there eventually be voices for the Foundry, or has that not yet been determined?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Also one more question about the voice - does the voice of - for example - walking changes as you go from terrain to terrain (dust, grass, ice etc.?) Can we hear clanking of armor?

Has any kind of sound sensing skill(for player character) been associated with actual sound? (like an elven-ranger having keen ears able to hear sound of armor while a human fighter cannot?)

Lastly, is there any kind of read-aloud option in absence of custom voice upload? Like I type some words in for cinematic and choose a voice-type for orc, frmale, male etc and that voice gets spoken in the game - like they have read aloud options for almost all softwares like adobe reader(reading of documents) and all smartphones?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I do. It is one of the funnest parts of my job. Between Champs, STO, and NW I've gotten very good at Explosions.

If you could post a video of this, you would be my HERO. I'll make a Foundry mission and be sure to name one of the characters after you :P
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks, Spirals here. I'm one of the sound designers at Cryptic. I love my job, I love working on Neverwinter and I'd be happy to handle any audio related questions you may have.

Hi there. What is the process involved with designing/selecting a soundtrack for a game like NWO? I personally really enjoy a good soundtrack. Good music can drasticly enhance each individual experience in an RPG. Are you guys allowed to steal soundtrack clips from movies like Excaliber and Conan, or do copyright laws prohibit that? is there some kind of universal midevil-theme pool of music files that you can reference and utilize w/o worrying about infringement? Or do you actually have the budget to write/design/compose all of your own music files?

I used to have Carmina Burana (Carl Orff) on a loop for old school PnP sessions that I would play during battle scenes lol. Anyways, was just curious what you guys were doing for soundtrack. Great music can really make a great game.

Turning the music off is always such a disappointing thing to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    ...Turning the music off is always such a disappointing thing to do.

Last time I checked (probably CO) they allow you to play the winamp from within the game - but only basic options like next track, pause/play and previous track. So you send commands from inside the game and your winamp catches those commands and play them. I never did set it up but option was there.

As it is the same engine I am hoping it will still be there.

EDIT:
    Checked it here, ys CO:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=141077
This discussion has been closed.