test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What race you want to see in the Launch?

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not only do I want all mah phat races, I wanna play a Flumph! So there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012

What it the Nine Hells ? I wonder how it will wield a weapon or wear armor lol
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't want warforgeds in Faerun. If they come from some 'forcibly' created portal hole, I will join anti-robo squad to force them back in.

Though I hope human race makes it in. I usually only play them :p
    And tieflings too (as they are now pratically humans, having just a wee-bit hell cursed).
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I don't want warforgeds in Faerun. If they come from some 'forcibly' created portal hole, I will join anti-robo squad to force them back in.

Though I hope human race makes it in. I usually only play them :p
    And tieflings too (as they are now pratically humans, having just a wee-bit hell cursed).

The Warforged place is in Eberron not Faerun or am i mistaken ?

I'll be happy to see all the playeble races from NWN II and its expansions,oh and some few additions like Goliath and Dragonborn
    edited October 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    The Warforged place is in Eberron not Faerun or am i mistaken ?

Exactly. Thats why I said that if they open portal hole to eberron, I would be there to defend faerun from those woodmetal abominations. (getting adventurers from other planes is as easy as getting to epic level and traveling to other planes using signils)
    edited October 2012
    Exactly. Thats why I said that if they open portal hole to eberron, I would be there to defend faerun from those woodmetal abominations. (getting adventurers from other planes is as easy as getting to epic level and traveling to other planes using signils)

Well if that happens know that you have some one on your side defending with you.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Oh man Truthseeker, LOL. That takes me back. I remember when I purchased my 1st ed. Fiend Folio, everything about it was exotic. The art, the monsters,...those Brits came up with some crazy stuff.

Remember these guys? Osquip
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Well if that happens know that you have some one on your side defending with you.

I too, shall be ready to defend Faerun from a Warforged Invasion! Indeed!
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »

Warforged? In my Faerun?... NO!!! KILL THEM ALL!
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »

Then we shall be knows as "THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> KICKING THREE" !
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    OOHHH ?! Witch ones ?
    Ha! I didn't expect anybody to care. I'm a sucker for an audience, so here goes...

I'd rather not see Eberron races (Warforged, Kalashtar, Shifters, Changelings), Dark Sun races (Mul, Thri-Kreen), and I'm not keen on seeing Vrylokas, Pixies, Minotaurs, or Hamadryads as common player races, though I could get behind them being rare NPCs. I'm also leery of seeing common monster races (gnolls, orcs, kobolds, etc.) unless the game has a really believable reason for them to be player characters (which it might). However, I'd be disappointed if those monster races weren't antagonists.

I don't have anything against any of these races in particular, but I'm also a bit of a setting purist, so your mileage may vary with these races in your FR. I just feel like, to use an example, a goblin adventurer should be a rare exception to the norm instead of an option anybody in the MMO can take.

'Course, if this weren't FR I wouldn't be nearly so picky.

Thoughts?
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Feel free to add me to this side of the portal! I cant stand the mithral hunks of junk! ;)

PS: or composite or adamantine...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Oh man Truthseeker, LOL. That takes me back. I remember when I purchased my 1st ed. Fiend Folio, everything about it was exotic. The art, the monsters,...those Brits came up with some crazy stuff.

Remember these guys? Osquip

And these: Dragon Turtle

And nobody better hurt my Forgies here!

Plenty of people on the FR are tinkering with constructs which now sometimes gain sentience. Not in an Eberron forge level population, but in FR too.

If you go after them, I swear I'll make a Bender 'Forged, and he'll say while routing you,

"You can all bite my shiny and wooden and stony metal wood and stone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Vampires!:) hehe
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    snip

"You can all bite my shiny and wooden and stony metal wood and stone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!"

Aww, here Truth, this make your wood feel all better ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFQ2WKqihk

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Aww, here Truth, this make your wood feel all better ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFQ2WKqihk

Hah! Great image at the 0:56 mark. Indeed.
    edited October 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    Ha! I didn't expect anybody to care. I'm a sucker for an audience, so here goes...

I'd rather not see Eberron races (Warforged, Kalashtar, Shifters, Changelings), Dark Sun races (Mul, Thri-Kreen), and I'm not keen on seeing Vrylokas, Pixies, Minotaurs, or Hamadryads as common player races, though I could get behind them being rare NPCs. I'm also leery of seeing common monster races (gnolls, orcs, kobolds, etc.) unless the game has a really believable reason for them to be player characters (which it might). However, I'd be disappointed if those monster races weren't antagonists.

I don't have anything against any of these races in particular, but I'm also a bit of a setting purist, so your mileage may vary with these races in your FR. I just feel like, to use an example, a goblin adventurer should be a rare exception to the norm instead of an option anybody in the MMO can take.

'Course, if this weren't FR I wouldn't be nearly so picky.

Thoughts?

I agree with you,i want only FR races in NWO,the Eberron races can remain on their plane.
  • firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sorry but i dont want terminators in my neverwinter, I mean who wants to play a robot/living construct?!
    *see DDO* ...

still i dont want warforgeds they are in eberron no faerum ;)
    edited October 2012
    Imagine some one from cryptic that loves the warforged is checking out the posts here.He might trolls in game and put some eberron races.Im going to laugh like hell :D
    edited October 2012
    Imagine some one from cryptic that loves the warforged is checking out the posts here.He might trolls in game and put some eberron races.Im going to laugh like hell :D

Hehe, Sick em Cerulean Blue!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    just going to make a list post to go with the one I put up for classes.

Races we assume we're getting at launch -> Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Drow, Dwarf, Tiefling

Races I'd like to see the most based on 4.0 -> Eladrin, Dragonborn, Halfling, Gnome, and Half-Orc

I'll mostly be sad if my Eladrin buddies don't make it to the game.. but hoping that list makes it at some point.
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    I would like to play an orc, troll or ogre. If not possible at launch, I hope they add them later.

It would be wonderful to own some elvish <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP with my orc warrior or scout.
    edited October 2012
    Sad that things like full orcs, trolls and ogres will almost certainly never be playable races. Sorta miss playing those more monstrous races but it'd probably make you totally OP lol
    edited October 2012
    Sad that things like full orcs, trolls and ogres will almost certainly never be playable races. Sorta miss playing those more monstrous races but it'd probably make you totally OP lol

*looks suspiciously*

What are you planning? You want orc/trolls to go in towns and settlements?
    NPC: I can't find my wife. Help me!
    PC Troll: Sure thing.
    Troll hits npc for 100 damage - instant kill
    Troll gobbles up the npc
    !Quest complete!
    !NPC is united with his wife!

I mean seriously???
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    Ok. I would like to have orcs, trolls, orcs, ogres and orcs as playable races. Orcs would be fine, too.

I forgot to mention but orcs would make a wonderful playable race.

And add some orcs, too.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Troll gobbles up the npc
    !Quest complete!
    If quests in Neverwinter were to have such depth in how you can resolve them...
    edited October 2012
    BAHAHAH gillrmn, that's exactly how it'd go.

on my tabletop sessions it'd work entirely differently since the DM would give you disadvantages like... you're a troll and everybody wants to kill you lol but in a game like this that sort of option just isn't valid at all for the very reason you stated.

:) lovely dialogue to read though
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If we take the races on the race page as what is in for launch, I would like to see the remaining races from the Player's Handbook added shortly after launch for free: Dragonborn, Eladrin (+2 INT elf variant), and Halfling.

Six months after release I would like to see the following added as playable either for free or for purchase depending on model they choose:
    Gensai, Gnomes, Half-Orc, Orc

After a years I'd love to see all of the above and the following:
    Devas, Githzerai, Gnolls, Goliaths, Minotaur, Shifters, Satyr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    *looks suspiciously*

Troll gobbles up the npc
    !Quest complete!

I mean seriously???

You sir, made my day.b:pleased

Playable races? Uhm... What else is needed if tieflings are in? Well, maybe half-orc for the flavour, although I never play as one. Although, goblins/kobolds would be cool. They're not to picky about who they work for, eh?
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
    edited October 2012
    just going to make a list post to go with the one I put up for classes.

Races we assume we're getting at launch -> Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Drow, Dwarf, Tiefling

Races I'd like to see the most based on 4.0 -> Eladrin, Dragonborn, Halfling, Gnome, and Half-Orc

I'll mostly be sad if my Eladrin buddies don't make it to the game.. but hoping that list makes it at some point.
    *looks suspiciously*

Troll gobbles up the npc
    !Quest complete!

I mean seriously???
    shiaika wrote: »
    If quests in Neverwinter were to have such depth in how you can resolve them...

YAY! *Repeats quest* AGAIN AGAIN!

I mean...how COULD YOU?!

Don't know what to do with a character, eat em!

I look forward to your mod G :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]