test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What race you want to see in the Launch?

Comments

• Options
    wpmaurawpmaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Halflings and Gnomes

and while am at it hey give us rangers, paladins and sorcerors.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know Dragonborn is a native race in 4.0? don't ask me to quote the lore though cause I can't

Yes. Lore is that Abier has merged with Toril and dragonborn are native to Abier. Hence after 4e, dragonborn are native to NW and Faerun.
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know Dragonborn is a native race in 4.0? don't ask me to quote the lore though cause I can't

Yes, I know, they are native race of abier and now in Faerun, but still, if they are native race in Faerun now, why that race is not included with rest of the already announced races? is probably that cryptic dont have much knowledge of Faerun (I'm not saying that they have NO knowledge) in general, also since is 100 years after the spellplague, "... mighty empires "fell" and great cities toppled ..." this mean that cities and kingdoms of Faerun were destroyed in theses 100 years or maybe the MMO is limited to the north where is neverwinter and surroundings.

also creating dragon-like humanoids models ingame can be challenging (scales, hair-tentacles, etc...)

... also is propably that the devs dont really want dragonboobs in the game, in that, I really understand that (... i found that a little disgusting, I mean come on, lizard <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, really?), but what about the other races? halfling and eladrin (no offences but they look very elves-like to me, Yes, even their blue eyes) is a advance but I was expecting more (ex: half-orcs since they are in Neverwinter (city) too)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I know but still, if they are native race why that race is not included with rest of the already announced races?

The reason they haven't shown the dragon born race is because the eggs are still hatching. By the time beta starts, the eggs would have hatched - provided hamsters do their job of powering up cryptic egg-warming incubators.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    The reason they haven't shown the dragon born race is because the eggs are still hatching. By the time beta starts, the eggs would have hatched - provided hamsters do their job of powering up cryptic egg-warming incubators.

... then is probably a state-size incubator in Tymanther with Thousands of eggs inside with titan-sized hamsters powering up
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ... then is probably a state-size incubator in Tymanther with Thousands of eggs inside with titan-sized hamsters powering up

Incubator:-
    Incubator consist of many incubators spread across the lands but "appears" as a single incubator on wizard's interface.

Hamsters:-
    Non titan sized but humanoid sized were-hamsters. They just have titan girth, but human height.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Incubator:-
    Incubator consist of many incubators spread across the lands but "appears" as a single incubator on wizard's interface.

Hamsters:-
    Non titan sized but humanoid sized were-hamsters. They just have titan girth, but human height.

I lol'd, really were-hamsters? then an army of theses is enough to powering up theses incubators
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd prefer fewer races now with a sooner launch date then having them take the time to create, animate, etc additional races and a further delay in launch.
  • Options
    kingxromee1kingxromee1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    see i love d&d but as i said in another post most of my table top rpg games was vampires the masceriad and night of darkness(not sure if that name is correct) so all the races id like to see probly are not in d&d
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    On the Eladrin, keep in mind that not all elves in the Realms are Eladrin now. It was not a magical *snap* and all elves are now Eladrin. There are still Faerun-originating elves through out the Realms but are becoming less dominant as the more ancient Eladrin are now coming from the Feywilds that were opened up from the Spellplague and alignments of Abeir and Toril. As well, Torilian elves are also accepting the new-found ancient history of their peoples and going back to the Feywild or adopting the Eladrin way of life. The 4e books even state that when making an elf, the player needs to decide if they come from the Feywild (Eladrin) or if they are native to the Realms.

So while there are many Eladrin Sun and Moon Elves now, native Torilian Sun and Moon Elves that have never been to the Feywilds are also still existent.

I hope NWO allows us to make such a choice also.

On an unrelated note and back to the main topic, I would love to play a Beholder. As that will most likely never happen... I would then love to play a Half-Dragon/Half-Elf.
    Exactly. Just because the core game system had an overhaul doesn't mean the Realms use the basic game's assumption about what eladrin are. They're still elves in the Realms despite the fancy new terms.
  • Options
    paladinspiritpaladinspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the number of races at start does not matter much to me, as long as they add more later
  • Options
    pegoliuspegolius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited September 2012
    I just need gnomes as one of the starting races. Because gnomes are the neglected ones and they need some serious huggin' and some extra love. And gnomes make the nicest splats on the floor when they are trampled by an ettin. Think about it. Vote for the gnomes and profit!
    "It is a mistake to bow to the wishes of munchkins who whine." - E. Gary Gygax 1938-2008
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    pegolius wrote: »
    I just need gnomes as one of the starting races. Because gnomes are the neglected ones and they need some serious huggin' and some extra love. And gnomes make the nicest splats on the floor when they are trampled by an ettin. Think about it. Vote for the gnomes and profit!

They are no longer cute. They have turned scawwy...
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They are no longer cute. They have turned scawwy...

and where are the big noses?
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pegolius wrote: »

Amen ! I would LOVE to roll up a gnome bard illusionist, that would be crazy fun if done right.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I miss the big noses too...and if that guy above is our spokesperson, gnomes are all literally dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I miss the big noses too...and if that guy above is our spokesperson, gnomes are all literally dead.

Haha... you better watch that I dont mix a little rogue in there... I'll have your pockets empty before you can say......... hallucinations! ;)

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Haha... you better watch that I dont mix a little rogue in there... I'll have your pockets empty before you can say......... hallucinations! ;)

What if I couldn't say hallucinations before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    What!? Gnomes dead? Sick em Francis!

Now who wants to play trick or treat but all treats!?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    a holocaust for gnomes? yay

Let the farcism movement begin! *begin a march of 1940 germany and start shooting gnomes and halfling with a crossbow of magic ammo and rapid fire*
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I hear Netheril "employs" gnomes. Not that I'd suggest seeking them out if you were a gnome.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Eladrin, Dragonborn, Halfling, Gnome and that should be fine.

Although my guilty pleasure race is Goblin... and the way to play it is totally barbarian...
  • Options
    seu1seu1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know it's from Red Steel, and out of time here, but the Mul were really cool (human/dwarf). Tough too.
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited September 2012
    Not going to lie if I could I'd love to be a Gnoll.. with two flails... Fear the Gnollcopter :)
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm how about ALL the races ?

What ? A guy cant dream now ?
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Hmmm how about ALL the races ?

What ? A guy cant dream now ?
    Ick. There are a few I actually hope don't get in. Sowwy!
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    Ick. There are a few I actually hope don't get in. Sowwy!

OOHHH ?! Witch ones ?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    OOHHH ?! Witch ones ?

I'm with ya buddy, I'd love to see them all get in too but we both know that will never happen :)

I too am interested in what Aavarius will say :)

• Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    I'd like to see goliaths get in.

These, just in case someone was wondering: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I Think that the changeling race will be equivalent of the alien of STO, except that we will have double character creation, since, thanks to their ability of shapershifts we will taking forms of other humanoids species and change to our original pale and ghostly form. :P