test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Nice, a real key giveaway option! Posted reply (and shameless company and self promotion of course :D ) on their site.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE, when/If they get a beta key if signed up to fragworld please report if this is 4 real so that i can start a Beta Key thread. I DONT WANT TO TAKE anything away from the big man's thread for fear of the Tombstone Piledriver but if people are reading the first page of posts and realise that they are having the Pi$$ taken out of them, they may not look any further. Will try and gather info and compile it in its own beta thread Yeah? Or is it not needed? Maybe Prejt may not like that!

By the way some of you blokes didnt muck around on those code registers lol 8P
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE, when/If they get a beta key if signed up to fragworld please report if this is 4 real so that i can start a Beta Key thread. I DONT WANT TO TAKE anything away from the big man's thread for fear of the Tombstone Piledriver but if people are reading the first page of posts and realise that they are having the Pi$$ taken out of them, they may not look any further. Will try and gather info and compile it in its own beta thread Yeah!

I was thinking of doing the same thing as soon as I saw the link.... so have at! :)

PS And I wasnt thinking Tombstone Piledriver, I was thinking more along the lines of an Aandre chest slap, head bud, airplane spine, followed up by frog splash off the top turnbuckle for the finish!! ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    I was thinking of doing the same thing as soon as I saw the link.... so have at! :)

PS And I wasnt thinking Tombstone Piledriver, I was thinking more along the lines of an Aandre chest slap, head bud, airplane spine, followed up by frog splash off the top turnbuckle for the finish!! ;)

All good big man, not trying to steal anyones thunder. You KICK IT Off

Head BUD i dont remember that one when i was a kid ;P.

BTW

http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=545941

Post 6 from bottom up

"They had stacks of thousands of beta key's at E3 to give out, people were grabbing bunches of them for themselves. I don't think it will be hard to get into the beta once it opens."

Also found another thread/gamewebsite where some dude was handing them out, but has none of the neverwinter keys left only Raiderzb:sad. so no point listing that
  • medicated03medicated03 Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2012
    zebular wrote: »

*puffs on a pipe and cheers a mug in the air*
    Here's to hoping that my years of playing Cryptic and Perfect World games matters in getting an invite, as well as my continued playing and enjoyment of the Forgotten Realms campaign for almost twenty years now - in a myriad of forms. I know I am one of many, I can still hope. Indeed! Best of luck to other 'Realms fans.

."[/I]

sadly playing PWE games and being in multiple closed betas of their games get you SQUAT even spending in excess of $15k usd across their games wont get u into beta any easier :D
  • lorduglordug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well then...i feel pretty stupid. lol i just posted on two other boards asking where to find a key lol my bad...guess its time to subscribe to newletters and wait....................................................and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and waitand wait and wait and wait...and so forth and so on..lol
  • gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    read in several places online that if you bought TL2 from PW you'd get a beta key garanteeed starting to think everyone got duped and all the comments about the beta are actually just PW employees trying to make themselves look good as if this game actually exists even in a development stage....frequent "content updates" on facebook and other such places as far as i can tell the only people that actually got to play this thing at all got tix to some game con or maybe it was just some employees cubicle at PW running animation software while somebody else works a digital camera trained on the screen....smoke and mirrors i'll just give my money to turbine till someone i trust can say NW is a legit game

good luck
  • vindevereauxxvindevereauxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    read in several places online that if you bought TL2 from PW you'd get a beta key garanteeed starting to think everyone got duped and all the comments about the beta are actually just PW employees trying to make themselves look good as if this game actually exists even in a development stage....frequent "content updates" on facebook and other such places as far as i can tell the only people that actually got to play this thing at all got tix to some game con or maybe it was just some employees cubicle at PW running animation software while somebody else works a digital camera trained on the screen....smoke and mirrors i'll just give my money to turbine till someone i trust can say NW is a legit game

good luck

*facepalm* People don't read, do they?

First, they never said you get a key. They said you'd get access. There's a subtle difference there. People waiting for a key to redeem are never going to see one.

BUT what will happen is when the game DOES go into CB, people who've preordered tl2 from PWE will have access.

The game exists. I assure you. I played it at E3. If they showed something at E3 and then didn't make it, it would probably not go over well. Plus, with all the time, money, effort spent into having a booth at E3 (if you've never worked a week long convention, let me tell YOU- it's hella work), it would be idiotic to showcase a fake game.

But hey, the game isn't out yet- no one really cares if you go play DDO while NW isn't out yet. I don't think even PWE cares if you play DDO instead of NW for now, considering the game isn't out.

READ. OH MY GODS, READ. Hells, even ask support- I'm sure the GMs have answered this question 500000 times by now.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Keys will be sent when they send them out, per Stormshade:
    stormshade wrote: »
    I pre-ordered TL2 back in May through Perfect World, just for a beta key for this game, and have not received one. Has anyone actually received a key for Neverwinter through Perfect World?
    We have not sent out the keys yet, as the closed beta for Neverwinter has not began at this time.

We'll make sure you get one when the time comes.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Also, do understand that even if you qualify for a beta key, you may not gain access on Day 1, again as per Stormshade:
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

That said, I promise you will gain access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks,

Stormshade

As well, this is also relevant:
    Thanks Stormshade but what some of us were wondering was about the type of beta key and if one would grant access before the other.

Example say I have a Pax East beta key and a Lifetime beta key, some of us think that the PAX east key would grant you access first...or is that wrong and everyone will get in at the same time??
    Everyone will be phased in throughout the Closed Beta Test.

So, what kind of key shouldn't matter so much, just as long as you have one.

Cheers,

Stormshade

Update: 8/3/2012 ->
    As a general reminder folks, the closed beta test for Neverwinter has not began. Due to this, no keys have been e-mailed out.

We'll be e-mailing out keys to those of you who have earned them as soon as the Beta is about to begin.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited July 2012
    *facepalm* People don't read, do they?

First, they never said you get a key. They said you'd get access. There's a subtle difference there. People waiting for a key to redeem are never going to see one.

BUT what will happen is when the game DOES go into CB, people who've preordered tl2 from PWE will have access.

The game exists. I assure you. I played it at E3. If they showed something at E3 and then didn't make it, it would probably not go over well. Plus, with all the time, money, effort spent into having a booth at E3 (if you've never worked a week long convention, let me tell YOU- it's hella work), it would be idiotic to showcase a fake game.

But hey, the game isn't out yet- no one really cares if you go play DDO while NW isn't out yet. I don't think even PWE cares if you play DDO instead of NW for now, considering the game isn't out.

READ. OH MY GODS, READ. Hells, even ask support- I'm sure the GMs have answered this question 500000 times by now.

i can read and as the one after your ignorant repsonse was so kind as to copy....ACCESS WILL BE GIVEN VIA KEYS! otherwise what's the point of the "redeem key" button on the website huh? smart guy...all i've seen on the forums so far is people wondering when they'll be getting one or ******** because they got one that didn't work so excuse me if i feel like i'm being played for stupid and seeing as you're one of the "lucky" few that actually got a taste of this what right do you have to say anything to those who're still waiting and wondering if we'll ever get to play this thing? thanx zeb for confirming how pw has stated things will happen -chers

one last thought: if they weren't so busy promoting this thing w/ on press only youtube accounts or on their own facebook page it'd probably be closer to actually being done and i'd be more likely to believe it's legit i know how much work goes into developing a game or any piece of software for that matter but they're wasting a ton of energy on promoting a product that as far as i can tell is nowhere close to being finished
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    thanx zeb for confirming how pw has stated things will happen -chers

My pleasure!
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i can read and as the one after your ignorant repsonse was so kind as to copy....ACCESS WILL BE GIVEN VIA KEYS! otherwise what's the point of the "redeem key" button on the website huh? smart guy...all i've seen on the forums so far is people wondering when they'll be getting one or ******** because they got one that didn't work so excuse me if i feel like i'm being played for stupid and seeing as you're one of the "lucky" few that actually got a taste of this what right do you have to say anything to those who're still waiting and wondering if we'll ever get to play this thing? thanx zeb for confirming how pw has stated things will happen -chers

one last thought: if they weren't so busy promoting this thing w/ on press only youtube accounts or on their own facebook page it'd probably be closer to actually being done and i'd be more likely to believe it's legit i know how much work goes into developing a game or any piece of software for that matter but they're wasting a ton of energy on promoting a product that as far as i can tell is nowhere close to being finished

Being able to get access via keys does not mean that it's the only way... they can bother sending a key to your email, but it's about the same work to just directly mark your account as "accepted". Probably even less, considering that most companies automatically authorise the accounts they pick themselves, and leave the keys for 3rd party sites.

Game will be launching sometime later this year. It's not gonna launch any faster just because some guy over the internet is paranoic and is calling fraud over a free beta key...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First, they never said you get a key. They said you'd get access. ...

Actually they said key, and the key will be sent out by email once beta starts. The key does not guarantees day 1 access though, but it does guarantees access at some point of time in beta on rolling basis.

EDIT: The ones who don't need the key for access would probably those who are testing the game right now just before close beta.
  • drgersodrgerso Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hope so, can?t wait to participate in this closed beta :)

Andre Brazil

[CO Lifetimer]
    edited July 2012

There is no question the game is real. The game will be playable in some facet in 2012. Whether that means open beta is complete and the completed game goes live in 2012 is anybody's guess.

The lack of communication aka. "marketing plan" over the last year is the only reason we don't have "a better picture" of the timeline at this point. The Cryptic Blackout has caused so much confusion on the forum here and literally has gamers just like yourself needlessly badmouthing Cryptic, disbelieving progress, etc.

The cost has been the still miniature community here compared to GW 2 and so many other communities at the same place in the timeline, and thats not even counting the large multitude of original Cryptic forumites (before the pw forum perge & merge) that seemingly went AWOL.

Even the media outlets tours for PAXEast and E3 (on freebie gaming sites who give awards for best blah blah 2012) just dont seem to be generating very much buzz in the sites' comment sections. Once the game beta goes live, that's when we'll see the real rush. I don't understand why it's this way, but this is the Cryptic way.

On the bright side, I do believe we are very close at this point to getting to play with the Foundry. :)

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited August 2012
    mistesss wrote: »
    This post has been removed for swearing.

Bud hang on there, none have been sent out, probably till after the game launches (TLII) its in beta still atm, so like an article which i listed on the boards here quoted, that TLII is behind the 8ball atm, so im sure you will get onem when TLII is released.

release the good
    edited August 2012
    mistesss wrote: »

Worry not, check out my post where I outlined the answers you seek to your dilemma.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=145031&postcount=36
  • stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a general reminder folks, the closed beta test for Neverwinter has not began. Due to this, no keys have been e-mailed out.

We'll be e-mailing out keys to those of you who have earned them as soon as the Beta is about to begin.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited August 2012

Thanks,

Stormshade

Ahhhh, thanks for the update Stormshade!

• talsictalsic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2012
    I am so excited about this game, but it seems like it have "been coming" forever. Trying very hard to keep the faith. I don't blame Cryptic or Perfect World I know they are doing all they can. I am just worried that dragging the launch out so long will hurt the launch. It is good to build suspence, but this is getting the point of I hear some people are loosing interest. I keep trying to keep my local gaming buds hyped but it is getting hard to keep them interested given it has been so long. Just expressing my fears and anxiety. Hoping for some love hear.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    summers end is near. These bears best not be included in chat in game b:angry
    edited August 2012
    b:cute b:heartb:faintb:puzzled

To this point, I've never used a single PW bear smiley. So for a ONE TIME ONLY experimental lapse in sanity, I figure I'd use the maximum allowed. By golee!

These smilies paint a rather adolescent image for this game, which will attract many adults, well beyond their years of playing with carebare stickers. This site cannot be taken seriously until we get a site that LOOKS the part of a licensed D&D product. We don't need anything special. Just generic everyday smilies will do.

Please Storm, if you could talk to the web designers to get them off our screen already and like the last poster pontificated, keep them out of our game!

I can not be held legally responsibly for the contents of this post as thousands of brain cells died for each bear included in this message.

• plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Mmmm yeaa i know what you mean with those bears.I prefer ponies...heh ponies rule !
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    "Join my legions !" The mighty wizard then pauses.."Join BETA!"
    edited August 2012
    Quote: Originally Posted by

I really like this.
    Q: Will you stand by your EULA and Code of Conduct?
    Stromshade: Of course! We have a pretty strong reputation for standing by our rules, and enforcing them here.

I was a skeptic in that statement. Maybe I am turning a believer! keep up the good work.
    :)
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Mmmm yeaa i know what you mean with those bears.I prefer ponies...heh ponies rule !

He-Man icons would be a closer match for the setting....
    edited August 2012
    There is no question the game is real. The game will be playable in some facet in 2012. Whether that means open beta is complete and the completed game goes live in 2012 is anybody's guess.

The lack of communication aka. "marketing plan" over the last year is the only reason we don't have "a better picture" of the timeline at this point. The Cryptic Blackout has caused so much confusion on the forum here and literally has gamers just like yourself needlessly badmouthing Cryptic, disbelieving progress, etc.

The cost has been the still miniature community here compared to GW 2 and so many other communities at the same place in the timeline, and thats not even counting the large multitude of original Cryptic forumites (before the pw forum perge & merge) that seemingly went AWOL.

Even the media outlets tours for PAXEast and E3 (on freebie gaming sites who give awards for best blah blah 2012) just dont seem to be generating very much buzz in the sites' comment sections. Once the game beta goes live, that's when we'll see the real rush. I don't understand why it's this way, but this is the Cryptic way.

On the bright side, I do believe we are very close at this point to getting to play with the Foundry. :)

i don't mean to "bad mouth" cryptic to be perfectly honest i think this is the first game they've developed that i want to play. so, i'm not basing my thoughts on anything they've ever done. i played the original torchlight and the fact that i paid $20 for it and was promised something i haven't yet received isn't really a big deal since i probably would've bought the game anyways. i guess i just don't understand why a company would advertize a product they haven't finished or aren't even entirely sure when they'll finish. i mean suppose sony put out an add campaign for a new speaker or something and then figured out 6 months after the add got out that they couldn't make it work? and of course the same can be said for runic with torchlight 2 and i think i heard about this game before the TL sequel but anyways

sorry for ranting a bit there i just think that if you're going to do an open beta on a game then just do it. of course some things are gonna be broken i'd expect that from a product that still in development i've never done any kind of beta testing for a company before and i thought it would be kinda fun. but why promise to give regular people access to beta software and then make everybody wait? i'm sure cryptic is smart enough to know that even when the game is gold there's gonna be some jerk still whining about it so does it matter if they give out keys now i guess it sorta seems like instead of getting beta software we're just gonna get a demo sort of a "finished" 1st level or something like that anyways good luck cryptic can't wait to play the heck outta this thing!

oh yeah also the foundry seems like a really kewl idea i liked that a lot about the original NWN pc game i'm not much of a modder/mapper guy but the fact that we were given tools to extend the game was neat cuz there's always those that are bigger geeks than i am that like that kinda stuff :)
    edited August 2012
    i guess i just don't understand why a company would advertize a product they haven't finished or aren't even entirely sure when they'll finish...
    That is not just specific to cryptic but most games. Do not compare it with asian games as they are already running fabulously somewhere and only thing the company has to do is to translate it to english. This game will be presented to us first, then later maybe translated to chinese (as zebular has somewhere posted that chinese release would follow soon after english release of NW).

Also, they will be sure to finish it - otherwise they can face lawsuits even as preordering for games which will never release is unlawful. Also there is a specific term for games which are not there and no company(more so PW and cryptic with many profit making games) would like to associate with that term. So they HAVE to finish it as long as there is no global apocalypse.

...of course some things are gonna be broken...
    The recent google beta and apple products have changed the lifestyle of people. They expect polished final products, and near to perfect beta products. If beta is too buggy, press and grapewine both bash the product mercilessly. So a company can't afford to present an unfinished product to large crowd of people. Beta these days, has more or less to be a polished product with few easy 'slider settings' left for final decision.

... but why promise to give regular people access to beta software and then make everybody wait?...
    Alpha testing is already on or done. I guess friends and family or employees only kind of testing is going on with special people selected from press, other games etc. After this, closed beta will start for lucky few - it is still not for regular people. They have only promised Open Beta this year for regular people. So you are misinformed if you think you have been promised something.

Wanted to point out a few things.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Thanks,

Stormshade

How exactly are these earned or are you using the term earned by just owning a lifetime sub from STO or CO. I have STO lifetime but eh not sure how else you could potentially earn one :)
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How exactly are these earned or are you using the term earned by just owning a lifetime sub from STO or CO. I have STO lifetime but eh not sure how else you could potentially earn one :)

Lifetime Subscribers
    Pre-purchase of TL2

both earn you a key

Then you have the keys from E3, the keys they're gonna send via newsletter and the keys they're gonna hand out via 3rd party sites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.