test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List what you would like to see in this mmo

13468930

Comments

  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I actually think it might work, at the very begin yea people will try to sell everything but when u know whats worthble to sell or not people wont bother anymore to put crappy items in AH for example.

    The problem is that, no matter what, good items will eventually flood the market.

    Say, in week 1, there will be 10 epic swords in the market. Week 2, there will be 20. Week 3, 30, and so on. Eventually, there will be more epic swords than available weilders, to the point that there are infinite "+5 epic swords of doom" available for a very cheap price, and as a result there is no point on running instances and fighting bosses anymore.

    There needs to be a way to get all those items of the market via some system, either bound gear or some fairly excessive item wear/breaking. There simply is no other option...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Yes i understand ur point but that will happen with named items/static loot tables, i defend random properties to items ofc the random properties will depend how hard is the mob u are killing.

    For example, in DDO weapons could have 3-4 random properties (dont remember well) some properties worth more than others, a weapon with +5 and with the right 3 properties will worth ALOT, the thing is that they are rly rare, actually i never saw my perfect +5 khopesh with random properties lol. Also in DDO there was named items and those couldnt be sold or trade (items from raids) and some of raid items have more than the 3-4 properties unlike random loot.

    Not counting with no bound items u could give/trade some weapons and armors with ur friends :)

    No bound items also means a very diferent loot system of what people are used to, and we dont have a clue how loot system will work on Neverwinter :/
  • Options
    vulanvulan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    valkhad wrote: »
    Please... please god no. This makes the game easy mode, and it won't make sense with open-world dungeons.

    Great, so we can all be subject to the "Barrens Chat Effect?"

    Is it THAT hard to find a guild? Really? Unnecessary.

    Now THIS I can get behind. Crafting, (rewarded) RP opportunities, exploration! Tinyspeck was able to make an entire game that doesn't involve killing ANYthing (Glitch) -- there HAS to be a way to pull some of the focus from combat, and make those activities rewarding.

    Barf. I, for one, would rather not ever see a spec tree in the game.


    Yes!

    Without bound items, the player marketplace would become grossly flooded with second/third/fiftieth hand gear. They're necessary to keep items at a (mostly) static table of values.

    These are always fun. GM events, like the ones in EverQuest, were AMAZING. GMs would actually control an NPC in game and reward players for certain tasks with entirely unique items.

    I think this is already confirmed going to be in the game!

    Player housing is almost impossible to realize to the scale that players expect it. Look at Dark Age of Camelot. Considering Neverwinter will be a F2P title, I wouldn't expect to see PWE spending the money on the mountain of servers necessary to maintain something like that.

    I actually really like this idea too -- I feel like it would make the most sense for RP servers, though.

    Alote of players do not like LFGroup tools. But it was one of the things that really drove players away from SWTOR. I my self expereince such a scenario: There were 17 Dungeons in SWTOR. And after spending months in to the game, having 2 Max level character on both sides, i have yet to seen 3 of this dungeons.
    Another majore factor in this scenario was the lack of Global channel. One simply could not reach all the players on the server at the same time with a simple LFG message. With out gloal channel one was either forced to stop playing and sit in the gathering map to spam LFG messages in the chat, and send whispers/tells to other players, or play the game. - It was unpleasent.

    Now on to the LFGuild tool:
    1) In game LFGuild tool, will keep players playing the game while they can search for the guild - its comfortable and promotes players to spend more time in the game.
    2) The nightmare of the LFGuild Forums - a new players would have to go through dusends of pages of recruitment post of guilds, that are either active or already inactive. Its time consuming, where he could be spending that time playing the game.
    3)Guild recruiters can instantly come in contact with the recruiting persone and visa versa. No need to wait days or weeks for someone to respond to your post on the forums. - its comfortable for both sides..
    4) One can instatly update the Progress/Activity/Changes of the guild.

    Well this is pretty much how i feel about this, after playing few recent MMO's.
  • Options
    mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    I just got off the game Ive been playing for the past few months. One cry I heard over and over is that people miss content on the way up the ladder. Granted, some people just zerg through the game, but many of us just wind up soloing content through, and are unable for whatever reason to complete larger group quests.

    It would be cool if there were a difficulty slider with appropriate rewards so you didnt out level your quests

    and while we are at it, can it be fixed so we dont out level our gear?!?!
  • Options
    mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    I would also like to see underwater adventures
  • Options
    mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    vulan wrote: »
    Alote of players do not like LFGroup tools. But it was one of the things that really drove players away from SWTOR. I my self expereince such a scenario: There were 17 Dungeons in SWTOR. And after spending months in to the game, having 2 Max level character on both sides, i have yet to seen 3 of this dungeons.
    Another majore factor in this scenario was the lack of Global channel. One simply could not reach all the players on the server at the same time with a simple LFG message. With out gloal channel one was either forced to stop playing and sit in the gathering map to spam LFG messages in the chat, and send whispers/tells to other players, or play the game. - It was unpleasent.

    Now on to the LFGuild tool:
    1) In game LFGuild tool, will keep players playing the game while they can search for the guild - its comfortable and promotes players to spend more time in the game.
    2) The nightmare of the LFGuild Forums - a new players would have to go through dusends of pages of recruitment post of guilds, that are either active or already inactive. Its time consuming, where he could be spending that time playing the game.
    3)Guild recruiters can instantly come in contact with the recruiting persone and visa versa. No need to wait days or weeks for someone to respond to your post on the forums. - its comfortable for both sides..
    4) One can instatly update the Progress/Activity/Changes of the guild.

    Well this is pretty much how i feel about this, after playing few recent MMO's.



    i for one second this emotion
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    mzeeusiku wrote: »
    I would also like to see underwater adventures

    Definitely underwater adventures.
  • Options
    serinaa1serinaa1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    [URL="[img]http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/43/b/happy.gif[/img]"]Happy[/URL]

    For the sake of argument, let?s say that I?m a horrible jerk. Yet you don?t really know it. In fact, I?m actually a compadre, as far as you know. This means I am not just an annoying or hateful person, but something more sinister. I?m deceitful. Top it off with this tidbit straight from the cubicle world, I?m willing to bury you and your work to get ahead. In my mind, I believe you?re a cash cow. Someone I can constantly abuse, manipulate and take advantage of for my own gains.

    With the anonymity of the Internet behind me, I take my douchebaggery to the extreme. I jump on your account, loot it for everything it?s worth, claim the goods on an alt, redistribute them to my mains and delete the temporary mule. Rather than disappear into the sunset I hang around, consoling you as you complain to me, your ?best friend?, how your account was ravaged. I offer a shoulder, in-game currency, even a hot new ride and tell you to keep playing.

    Now, let?s say I take it a step too far. I overplay my hand, tipping you off to something odd. Eventually, the authorities realize that it was me. I?m busted and clearly in the wrong. What do you expect to have happen?

    Me, I expect the authority figure to take care of it, because, well, they?re the authority. Whomever it is has access to loads of information that I, the victim, cannot see. I believe that the person was given then position because the person is level-headed, analytical and ultimately fair. The information will be poured over, digested and receive the appropriate response, consistent with previous cases. Parties on either side may believe the outcome is unfair to them, but unbiased parties wouldn?t expect anything different.

    In APB: Reloaded, a F2P title, a GamersFirst GM decided to let the hackee decide the outcome of the busted hacker.

    This decision blows my mind. First of all, Barnarner claims ?it is a relatively unique case.? In what universe is this unique? I?ve witnessed these acts a handful of times across my MMOG career. I can?t even count how many times I?ve read of the dastardly act. That?s not even my main concern, that would be the precedent that the GM is setting.
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    serinaa1 wrote: »
    [URL="[img]http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/43/b/happy.gif[/img]"]Happy[/URL]

    For the sake of argument, let?s say that I?m a horrible jerk. Yet you don?t really know it. In fact, I?m actually a compadre, as far as you know. This means I am not just an annoying or hateful person, but something more sinister. I?m deceitful. Top it off with this tidbit straight from the cubicle world, I?m willing to bury you and your work to get ahead. In my mind, I believe you?re a cash cow. Someone I can constantly abuse, manipulate and take advantage of for my own gains.

    With the anonymity of the Internet behind me, I take my douchebaggery to the extreme. I jump on your account, loot it for everything it?s worth, claim the goods on an alt, redistribute them to my mains and delete the temporary mule. Rather than disappear into the sunset I hang around, consoling you as you complain to me, your ?best friend?, how your account was ravaged. I offer a shoulder, in-game currency, even a hot new ride and tell you to keep playing.

    Now, let?s say I take it a step too far. I overplay my hand, tipping you off to something odd. Eventually, the authorities realize that it was me. I?m busted and clearly in the wrong. What do you expect to have happen?

    Me, I expect the authority figure to take care of it, because, well, they?re the authority. Whomever it is has access to loads of information that I, the victim, cannot see. I believe that the person was given then position because the person is level-headed, analytical and ultimately fair. The information will be poured over, digested and receive the appropriate response, consistent with previous cases. Parties on either side may believe the outcome is unfair to them, but unbiased parties wouldn?t expect anything different.

    In APB: Reloaded, a F2P title, a GamersFirst GM decided to let the hackee decide the outcome of the busted hacker.

    This decision blows my mind. First of all, Barnarner claims ?it is a relatively unique case.? In what universe is this unique? I?ve witnessed these acts a handful of times across my MMOG career. I can?t even count how many times I?ve read of the dastardly act. That?s not even my main concern, that would be the precedent that the GM is setting.

    Sorry, what does this have to do with the topic?
  • Options
    bal0rdobal0rdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hi guys i hope that this game will be awesome like NWN1, and i agree with
    mzeeusiku wrote: »
    I would also like to see underwater adventures
    this will be really interesting!!
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I can tell you something I "don't" want to see in this mmo. stat grinding by the developer.
    In DDO it's common to come across magical locks that require you to apply your intelligence or wisdom on to open a door or some such thing. What's so insanely frustrating to me is that on a level 5 quest, I am expected to have a 20 or higher intelligence in order to open the lock? Really?
    What ever happened to an 18 being considered super-human stat? So now the developers actually "expect" me to min/max my character? (sigh) This busts all the fun out of D&D for me. For anybody who's played pen & paper D&D, to cross over and play D&D on the computer (or for that matter anybody coming from games like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights), how are we supposed to appreciate our rolled character? In DDO I find that if you want to actually see the game, I have to be more than superior, I have to be a mega-stat character... not only as a rolled character, but then also with adding to those stats during level ups and enhancement bonuses... but wait, that's not enough either... now I have to grind or buy tomes or this stat or that? (sigh)
    Cryptic, please put more thought into quests and dungeons than this! Don't make a mockery of character stats? And thus, don't make a mockery of what is expected of my character, or other characters in my party!

    Wait, I'm phrasing this all wrong. Cryptic, I'd love it if you would respect player character statistics and not push players into min/max'ing their toons. Let us enjoy a character that has 14's and 16's for stats. Le the game be about flavor, and not holding a membership to the elite group!

    I'm absolutely fine with being unable to access certain parts of the game because my fighter doesn't have a high enough intelligence to get passed this or that puzzle. But when I have a wizard that does just great with a 17 intelligence, casting and slaying, only to be denied access to a part of the quest that only wizards can access... because I'm not rolled with a god-like stat? that's not fun anymore.
  • Options
    drgersodrgerso Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hi fellows!

    As a D&D GameMaster and great player of RPG computer games, i expect to see the foundry running up well, so we can recreate our pen&paper adventures inside Neverwinter and play online with our friends :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Let me also add a request to underwater adventurers!

    And more non-combat options in quests. D&D is more than just kill for xp. Mind you I want combat, but scale it back a bit See STO for the point of all missions you seem to use lethal force whren you're 25th century explorers *eye rolling.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Let me also add a request to underwater adventurers!

    And more non-combat options in quests. D&D is more than just kill for xp. Mind you I want combat, but scale it back a bit See STO for the point of all missions you seem to use lethal force whren you're 25th century explorers *eye rolling.*

    Indeed. I hope the role-playing, lore, interaction and immersion aspects of "Dungeons & Dragons" are not forsaken. We really do not need another, run-of-the-mill, hack & slash with a fancy title.

    A few things off the top of my head that could play am important part in keeping this title from the feeling of, "Another Hack & Slash with a Special Name:"
    • - Collections
    • - Achievements
    • - Gathering & Crafting
    • - Parley
    • - Stealing/Burglarizing
    • - Disarming & Lock-picking
    • - Music & Singing
    • - Books, Lore and Archaeology
    • - The Gods (FR Deities are quite interactive with the Prime, don't forget this!)
    • - Animal Taming & Training
    • - Very important, to me: Residences that are interactive, decorate-able/customize-able, ranging from wilderness cottages to city mansions and country keeps and castles.

    Side note, these forums need some major love and attention. So many little broken things and the bears still have got to go.
  • Options
    zaetanazaetana Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    G'day! loved reading everyone's ideas! I would love to be able to buy a house, castle, keep etc - and have the responsibility of maintaing it like in Neverwinter 2.

    Also Guild Ships in DDO are cool - how about Guild Strongholds? i.e. Each guild can purchase a castle/keep/stronghold which can be a place to meet or be used in guild pvp?

    Mounts: I really hope they include mounts. Not having mounts in DDO was a bit disappointing. I really like how you can fly around in WoW. Would also like it if your mount could participate in fights and level up.

    Professions: I like having a profession that i can use as my 'day job' to earn money and help others. Maybe a Trade House, which allows for people to register as a certain profession and then allows people to search for people of that profession in order to obtain a service. i.e. if you need to find someone to craft something for you but don't have the skill, but have the gold...

    Mercenary Inns: PLAYERS, not just NPCs to register as mercenaries for hire and then get paid a set fee and percentage of loot for helping out on quests. Would encourage social interaction, rather than just relying on hirlings to help with quests.

    Can't wait for this game to be released!
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    One thing I don't want to see is end game and level cap be all about raiding and the only path to really cool items and gear. I've become absolutely sick of that.

    @Zebular - I love that list of ideas. I especially like the idea of housing in D&D. One thing I remember from 1st edition was how you got to build a keep/refuge/outpost/etc when you got to a certain level.

    My favorite housing has been from EQ2. Even though the doorways are portals to an instance, they are accessible from town. The outside appears uniform with the rest of the area and keeps from looking goofy or out of place like some houses in LotRO neighborhoods.

    I like the inside housing instance of EQ2 because you have a hookless system where you can showcase your achievements and create an atmosphere all your own. I like how you can resize and rotate items. Finally, there are quest reward chains where you can use the gear or transform it into a housing item. Lore & Legend quests are slayer/scholar collection types of quests where you slay certain species and study their bits. At the end of the collection you get rewarded with a housing item to showcase the achievement. That all, coupled with crafting for housing, give the housing and crafting system a real special twist I haven't really experienced in another game.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zaetana wrote: »
    ...

    Mercenary Inns: PLAYERS, not just NPCs to register as mercenaries for hire and then get paid a set fee and percentage of loot for helping out on quests. Would encourage social interaction, rather than just relying on hirlings to help with quests.

    ...

    Added this idea to my thread.
    Let me also add a request to underwater adventurers!

    ...

    Cant believe I missed this adding to my thread. Although I do hope underwater adventures are better and more three-dimensional than they were in DDO.

    Also it is perhaps too much, but I would like Mario underwater music when playing this level.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zaetana wrote: »
    ...

    Mounts: I really hope they include mounts. Not having mounts in DDO was a bit disappointing. I really like how you can fly around in WoW. Would also like it if your mount could participate in fights and level up.

    ...

    Forgot to add. They already will have mounts implemented in a big way. Old transcript of an interview (as it was transcribed by me, its bound to have a lot of errors). A year ago, they were almost ready with mounts, hope now they have mounts ready at launch.
    No mounts at launch, but we expect to do that with style. Pets, henchmen we have - henchmen are a part of tactics too. Which henchman to choose - versatile/named chracter/custom-named chracter- and names from lore (drizzt *sigh*) - according to situation. But mounts we want to do properly with bang.

    EDIT: Beware of the bang by the way. (my way of saying that take their word with a pinch of salt).
  • Options
    jingbrandtjingbrandt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Considering this entire project is based off of D&D, I would like to feel as if I'm playing a game of D&D with my friends. Also, considering this is based off one of the most popular Roleplaying games ever created, I would like to see developer support for the RP communities.
  • Options
    allnuttyallnutty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would like to have really good character customization with options for body type.
    Decent models for female characters rather than the usual twigs.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    allnutty wrote: »
    I would like to have really good character customization with options for body type.
    Decent models for female characters rather than the usual twigs.

    Yes, and they should also promote characters with love handles to decry anorexia - a problem of perceptions.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Yes, and they should also promote characters with love handles to decry anorexia - a problem of perceptions.

    LOL... or just play a female dwarf!! :)

    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Just need folks of all sizes to be represented in game to mimic the variety IRL that makes the human condition so interesting for better or worse :)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    Just need folks of all sizes to be represented in game to mimic the variety IRL that makes the human condition so interesting for better or worse :)

    yes, fat elf for the win!
    And a skinny dwarf...
    nd both of them are having arm-wresling match ... with a dead-lock.
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    I wouldn't have it any other way :D
  • Options
    ezgoezitezgoezit Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Based on the class and race selection, I'm not getting my hopes up for beta or release with regards to any sort of real depth. I am just hoping for a game that is closer to D&D than your typical MMO.

    DDO was getting too "video-gamey" for me and was straying too far from D&D. Hopefully this one can maintain the balance better. My hope is that we get a nice solid D&D foundation that grows and matures over time. Of course if this happens, it will upset a lot of people that want everything "right the first time" and "right now", but you can't please everyone.

    Ez
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As far as I see, it is as close to dnd (4e) as it can get, while also being fun in active combat way. I truly can't think of a closer representation of 4e in mmo which has active combat like dragon age. Also character creation has not been shown but it has been stated that these pre-defined paths are not the only one to be followed but can be customized.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. New races/classes added every so often. D&D has a huge amount of playable races and classes, many of which I would love to see in this game.
    2. A level of player created content unseen in other MMOs. Instead of limiting players to the foundary, allow the most creative of us to aid the development team by creating just about anything; new npcs, new mobs, new dungeons, maybe even new items, classes, and playable races (god knows there are plenty of fanmade classes and races in existence).
    3. A tribute to Gary Gygax!
  • Options
    trippedmindtrippedmind Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what drew me in from watching some E3 videos is really the dungeon crawling

    if the game was heavily focused around doing dungeons (dnd lol) then i would be very interested

    aside from that i hope that the cash shop doesn't really break the game.
  • Options
    gertiploissgertiploiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2012
    I just want a lot of roleplaying options. Call them distractions if you must, but I love variable stuff to do in MMOs. Simple mini-games that are for fun, not to be grinded. I fully expect the core gameplay to be enjoyable enough so long as they work the interactivity to the bone, but I played WoW religiously for so long because it was huge and continued to bring those distractions.

    One of my favorite things about NWN as well were the great multi-player servers with vast hubs. If they can even come close to replicating that (see the Baldur's Gate custom map for an example of a hub done right) then they'll have me in for at least a while.

    Oh yeah, and lots of Foundry stuff too.
This discussion has been closed.