Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    Saco123 wrote:
    People don't play WoW for RPing.
    You don't saaay....

It's just a shame the game actually claims to be a roleplaying game...

Saco123 wrote:
    The camera angle is irrelevant .....
    Its not the actual camera ANGLE I am talking about. I'm talking about what camera angle the game is DESIGNED for. I don't know if you can grip that....can you?

Most games have a default camera angle. An angle at which the game is supposed to be played at and which is probably the easiest one. The map and overall game design usually adapts to that. I don't know how to explain it further...but a normal MMO engine wouldn't work with an isometric camera for example. Just one thing is that the walls and higher stuff is not hidden when panning. Also in isometric view you can see stuff around you in a whole other way...

Anyway....I'm not a game designer (even though I have been building worlds with the NWN1 toolset)...and I guess you're not either...

Saco123 wrote:
    Cryptic is developing it and from interview impressions that will maintain the control. PW is an investor, while they might have some say I doubt they have a complete say.
    Yeah they just changed the whole game idea from a CO-OP game to "a full out MMO" and also they delayed the game more than one year because they wanted to remake what Cryptic had done so far totally.

Apart from that they probably don't have a say though :p
    edited April 2012
    Saco123 wrote:
    People don't play WoW for RPing, there is RP servers but never played on one, but really you are comparing an extreme orange to an extreme apple. The camera angle is irrelevant and there is enough over the should max zoom out to provide a limited overview.

How bout waiting to see the demo before sprouting your doomsayings? Thats like saying GW2 will be what all of NCSoft games become even though it clearly is ANets baby, same applies to Neverwinter. Cryptic is developing it and from interview impressions that will maintain the control. PW is an investor, while they might have some say I doubt they have a complete say.
    You don't saaay....

It's just a shame the game actually claims to be a roleplaying game...

Its not the actual camera ANGLE I am talking about. I'm talking about what camera angle the game is DESIGNED for. I don't know if you can grip that....can you?

Most games have a default camera angle. An angle at which the game is supposed to be played at and which is probably the easiest one. The map and overall game design usually adapts to that. I don't know how to explain it further...but a normal MMO engine wouldn't work with an isometric camera for example. Just one thing is that the walls and higher stuff is not hidden when panning. Also in isometric view you can see stuff around you in a whole other way...

Anyway....I'm not a game designer (even though I have been building worlds with the NWN1 toolset)...and I guess you're not either...

Yeah they just changed the whole game idea from a CO-OP game to "a full out MMO" and also they delayed the game more than one year because they wanted to remake what Cryptic had done so far totally.

Apart from that they probably don't have a say though :p

It really annoys me when people comment and they possibly didn't bother to check what the company had responded to. I hope I am wrong, but if not:

(From "Why an MMO")
    StormShade wrote:
    Well, that's what we do at Cryptic, and PWE. We make MMOs. From the beginning, we really wanted to make Neverwinter into a true MMO. However, due to development constraints imposed by Atari, we were originally making Neverwinter an Online Co-Op RPG.

Once we were purchased by PWE, we were allowed to take the extra time we needed to really make Neverwinter into a true MMO. Which we're very excited about.

We're full believers that we can deliver a tried and true D&D Experience, as well as an excellent MMO experience at the same time.

Thanks,

Stormshade

It was made very clear that Atari limited the development of the game and it couldn't be called an MMO by Atari's doing, so it was called a co-op. When Atari was sued by Wizards and settled (which included selling Cryptic to PWE) PWE allowed Cryptic to fully flesh the game out (which now could be called an MMO) but delayed the game.

And since the game is based on the backstory development of Neverwinter's fall and "reclaiming its former glory 100 years later," I'd personally consider it a potentially role-playing game in genre with the D&D theme, also it was mentioned trying to follow "as closely to D&D rules as possible." This also ups the potential for a role playing aspect based on the rules of the original game. These written, neither of these are guarantees it will be role-playing, but nowhere is anything (INCLUDING PWE being owners of this) shown it will guarantee it not be either.

Finally, the camera default in an MMO game is vital to the UI, whether you have toggling or not. I've heard all screaming extremists on why first-person/third-person/three-quarters view/overhead view is best and I'm not going there. Most likely, what was designed to work best with the engine before the expansion is likely to be ideal in responses, but that could change.

So, stop complaining it's an MMO people and ignoring the RPG of MMORPG or realize since it's actually D&D it may not be a typical MMO including the RPG aspects.
    edited April 2012
    for me:-
    1."special" items that we could encounter in our travels that gives xtra stats/bonus when we have them in our inventory. or in house/home.
    theres limit on how many can be use/stacked.

even few useables for guild's @ auto goes into guild vault, but will return to player if he/she leaves the guild.
    hmm, mayb for this types. items be like in achievements for easier use.

2.home area which could be "upgradeable". (looks/more space/garden)
    "could be in other map where players are warp to via an npc."

3. guild castle/house (that require $$ & few more like quests) to be able to "acquire" one.
    xtra requirements for areas outside towns/city @ need to defeat X number of mobs.
    cost of areas differ from 1 to another due to location
    sellable to other guilds.
    guild areas outside cities more prone to random atks
    require constant activity from "X members" to leader to keep the area.

for those without area/just want it easy could acquire an "area" not seen in maps. but with limited expansion & interaction, from an guild npc.
    @normal guild building with a guild housing in a city.

4.guild house /castle /mansion. are upgradeable from esthetic looks to rooms to things like the ones in NWN2,
    @higher/better defense walls need X amount of dwarfs, guild exp, materials..
    to pet & mounts areas

5. able to find /encounter npc which can be added to personal armies.
    which the player can decide whether to involve in war / add to guild's defense /offense collection (deducted from guild should player quit guild)

= much more fun at large scale wars XD

thats all i can remember atm.
    edited April 2012
    I have been gaming for decades and still treasure my full collection of Neverwinter Nights - played more than a few times over - am a huge fan. I have played lots of MMO's (lost count) but there's always been a point where I lose interest and return to investing in whacks of PC solo play games. Reading about how this game works has got me seriously excited like I haven't been in a very long time with an MMO and I have no beef with having to wait for this game. I mean, true RPG-play available in an MMO? My dream come TRUE! Also, create my own content? How absolutely AWESOME is that! Take all the time you need with the release I reckon. I can wait and keep myself busy in the meantime. Heck, I waited 2 years for Masseffect 3 - finished it few times over and am now onto the 3rd next. I can wait for this game to come out in all it's glory. As for what I want to see in the game is simple i.e. as few party-poopers, nasty meanies and selfish arrogant players as possible - these are the things that really spoil an MMO for me. I come to play the game - not for all the negativity and nonsense that some others bring with them to ruin my enjoyment. And to express negative stuff before the game is even out - a serious no-no in my book! In the meantime while I'm waiting, I will revel in my happy anticipation of what looks to me like AWESOME as never before in the making. :)
    edited April 2012
    It really annoys me when people comment and they possibly didn't bother to check what the company had responded to. I hope I am wrong, but if not:

(From "Why an MMO")

It was made very clear that Atari limited the development of the game and it couldn't be called an MMO by Atari's doing, so it was called a co-op. When Atari was sued by Wizards and settled (which included selling Cryptic to PWE) PWE allowed Cryptic to fully flesh the game out (which now could be called an MMO) but delayed the game.

It is quite possible that Atari was forcing the Co-Op because it was in a lawsuit with Turbine. Apparently when Atari licensed Turbine to do DDO it gave them control over all MMO versions of D&D or some such. Atari was trying to skirt the issue by having NW be a Co-Op RPG.
    edited April 2012
    RazorrX wrote: »
    It is quite possible that Atari was forcing the Co-Op because it was in a lawsuit with Turbine. Apparently when Atari licensed Turbine to do DDO it gave them control over all MMO versions of D&D or some such. Atari was trying to skirt the issue by having NW be a Co-Op RPG.

That's the way I understand it as well, and I also believe that's what influenced Atari's ultimate decision to get out of the way this early on. But there's even more to it then that.

Atari had sub-licensed the Dungeons & Dragons rights out to Namco, and Hasbro/WotC wasn't too fond of that. Namco was seen as a competitor to HasbroWotC's products, and Hasbro's contract with Atari specifically forbid them from doing any licensing like this. Namco had previously purchased Atari's distribution wing in Europe, renaming it to Namco-Bandai partners. Atari alleged that Hasbros/WotC's lawsuit was "meaningless," and that Hasbro was simply seeking a way to take the D&D game rights away from them.

"Hasbro has resorted to these meritless allegations, in an apparent attempt to unfairly take back rights granted to Atari," said Atari in a statement at the time. "Atari has sought to resolve the matter without cooperation from Hasbro. We regret that our long-time partner has decided to pursue this action. Atari will respond appropriately through its legal counsel in court."

The fact that Atari was developing a Neverwinter Nights MMO in cooperation with Cryptic Studios at the time, was one of the issues that sparked the suit between Turbine and Atari (Among the fact Atari was not living up to its obligations under contract to diligently promote DDO).

Warner Bros/Turbine/WotC in every way won that battle, as it turned out to be yet another PR disaster in the gaming world for Atari. So Atari took the $49 million that Chinese owned PW offered and called it a day.

By selling Cryptic off, that's the one link I think Neverwinter and DDO developers and player bases have absolutely in common, the joy of saying goodbye to Atari.
    edited April 2012
    RazorrX wrote: »
    That's the way I understand it as well, and I also believe that's what influenced Atari's ultimate decision to get out of the way this early on. But there's even more to it then that.

Atari had sub-licensed the Dungeons & Dragons rights out to Namco, and Hasbro/WotC wasn't too fond of that. Namco was seen as a competitor to HasbroWotC's products, and Hasbro's contract with Atari specifically forbid them from doing any licensing like this. Namco had previously purchased Atari's distribution wing in Europe, renaming it to Namco-Bandai partners. Atari alleged that Hasbros/WotC's lawsuit was "meaningless," and that Hasbro was simply seeking a way to take the D&D game rights away from them.

"Hasbro has resorted to these meritless allegations, in an apparent attempt to unfairly take back rights granted to Atari," said Atari in a statement at the time. "Atari has sought to resolve the matter without cooperation from Hasbro. We regret that our long-time partner has decided to pursue this action. Atari will respond appropriately through its legal counsel in court."

The fact that Atari was developing a Neverwinter Nights MMO in cooperation with Cryptic Studios at the time, was one of the issues that sparked the suit between Turbine and Atari (Among the fact Atari was not living up to its obligations under contract to diligently promote DDO).

Warner Bros/Turbine/WotC in every way won that battle, as it turned out to be yet another PR disaster in the gaming world for Atari. So Atari took the $49 million that Chinese owned PW offered and called it a day.

By selling Cryptic off, that's the one link I think Neverwinter and DDO developers and player bases have absolutely in common, the joy of saying goodbye to Atari.

/Agreed. Atari has its history on how they treated their development projects from other acquired companies and with their budgetary limitations (which is what I was referring to) and I'll leave it at that
  • mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    My wants are simple but I'm not expecting any of them.

I want to see Neverwinter based around small groups just like the PnP game
    I want the game to have a deep story centric feel with an action based combat system.
    I want the end game to about anything but raid or die
    I want to be able to create dungeons, crypts, outdoor areas and make those areas feel like a D&D encounter.
    I want to be able to join groups and not be yelled at because I didn't min/max
    I want to have adventures...not hop on the grind train for the next set of gear.

Can you start a guild? I WANT to have a mage that miscalculated the distance to the end of the hall and the lightening bolts came back and blasted the fighter in full plate.

I want my monk to have a str of 3 and dex of 18 and be unstoppable

I want my cleric to blast the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of things with column of fire and never heal a soul

any questions!?!?!?
  • mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    Ooh, a fabled Ring of Three Wishes! Sweet!

1. A progression curve that makes a char reach level 30 only after a maximum of 90 hours of play (as I hope to take at least 50 characters to max level, and would like to be able to do so in a single lifetime without quitting my job, thanks).

2. To be able to choose from every single race, class, skill, feat, power, and item that's selectable in WotC's 4th edition character builder (yes, this does imply the presence of rituals).

3. Encounters that are challenging and varied enough that success requires good tactical decision making every time... not just figuring out a pattern that works and repeating that pattern ad infinitum.

If Cryptic actually manages to pull all of these off, I think I'll be a dedicated fan of this game for life. I really can't think of anything more that I'd want.

Already I am starting to feel like I am not alone in this; and I am really just starting to get through the slog of posts.

I see so far that there has been very few "promises" made, as it it so early. But the whole wash, rinse repeat thing so played. I want to have to think about whats going on, use the environment, and perhaps be able to party with which ever class I want, not a cookie cutter mix designed for maximum exp grind value.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I would like to see a game that is more D&D than not.
    I would like it to have RPG elements rather than RPG just being in the title.
    I would like it to be more than just a grind through dungeons.
    I would like it to be more PvE than PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I want more of THAT if THIS is not THAT then THAT is not THIS&THAT.

More THAT please.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • pca375pca375 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would like game play to not depend on whether or not I min/maxed my character. Stats are important, but enjoyment of play shouldn't depend on them. In pnp I've had many characters. I can think of only a couple that had 18 in any stat to begin with. And I'd have to say my most memorable and enjoyable character I've played was a half-elf ranger who didn't have a stat over 16, and his stats never got better than they were at creation. He was a blast to play and I'd love to recreate him in Neverwinter!
    It's how you play with your roles, not the roles that determine how you play!
  • propagandawar23propagandawar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    Combat Like Tera! Quest and DnD adventures from the books and mags of the DnD IP. Not the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you guys pull out of MMO's. Yeah program ya Programmers! Armor that's functional yet bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (One of Teras few flawed Points). Factions consistant with the world. Reasons for inhabitants. Climb Walls! Spells choices. Water Monsters! You have decades worth. A reason for PVP not just to PvP.
  • valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It would be nice if armor on females actually looked like armor instead of a particularly uncomfortable thong.

Perhaps people that craft armor, as they progress through ranks, will be able to craft increasingly ornate pieces of cosmetic armor?
  • propagandawar23propagandawar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    I agree. Armors a big deal to me. It's called "Armor" for a reason. no reason not to look bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> though.
  • pca375pca375 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'd like to add: character size during character creation. If a character has a 12 strength, they should look like they are a 12 strength. If they have a 16 strength they should look like they own the room. If they have 18+ they should be built like the Hulk (so to speak).

Games like LotRO allow you to adjust the size of your character during creation. My hope is this will also be possible in Neverwinter, and that it may even have a 1-to-1 correlation to how strong and/or dexterous you are.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    valkhad wrote: »
    It would be nice if armor on females actually looked like armor instead of a particularly uncomfortable thong.

Perhaps people that craft armor, as they progress through ranks, will be able to craft increasingly ornate pieces of cosmetic armor?

LOL, I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment!! :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012

(Sarcasm) Then how are they going to attract all of those pimple faced boys that we all know spend the money to keep MMOs viable?(/Sarcasm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    pca375 wrote: »
    I'd like to add: character size during character creation. If a character has a 12 strength, they should look like they are a 12 strength. If they have a 16 strength they should look like they own the room. If they have 18+ they should be built like the Hulk (so to speak).

Games like LotRO allow you to adjust the size of your character during creation. My hope is this will also be possible in Neverwinter, and that it may even have a 1-to-1 correlation to how strong and/or dexterous you are.

+1

I'd like to see this too.
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2012
    There is nothing I hate more than rediculous and gaudy armor that looks" kewl". Also, if I want to admire the beauty of the female form I generally don't zip into a video game so as to gawk at the scantily clad toons. I just hope the Devs keep it all reasonable. I simply want to have fun in a heavily themed DnD mmo.
    edited May 2012

+1 to that. Though would it scale with your attributes or would it be player set? I'm just thinking about making a wizard with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor strength but making him look like a bodybuilder. Hehe
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    +1 to that. Though would it scale with your attributes or would it be player set? I'm just thinking about making a wizard with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor strength but making him look like a bodybuilder. Hehe

How about scaling to your attributes, but with an override just in case... say you have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor strength but don't want to be skinny... maybe you are very overweight instead. But to be very weak and look like the hulk would be strange wouldn't it? :) Str + Dex should contribute greatly to your overall appearance!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I will link this to ideas thread. Not sure if this has been discussed before.

EDIT: Yes, this thread had similar discussion with more ideas regarding customization. Have a look, but its older than 30 days so better not revive.
  • speartoadspeartoad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My wishes for Neverwinter Online:

True roleplaying support
    - animated, easily accessable animated emotes
    - whisper and yell in "say"-channel so you have to sneak up if you want to hear what other whispering players are talking about (as in NWN 1)

Good physical mechanics
    - proper collision detection (PC-PC and PC-NPC)
    - streaming rivers

Gameplay
    - friendly fire for area effects at least
    - not so much difference of power between the levels, so you can play together with a 5th and a 12th level char for example

Graphics
    - D&D style graphics
    - no overuse of flashing and gleaming blades; keep spell effects to spells and leave the cold steel to the non-caster classes (or those near to)
    - keep the chars visible and not shrouded behind buffs (as stoneskin in NWN)

Foundry
    - opportunity to create big playfields
    - opportunity to be able to enter user-generated content with lots of peoples
    - connectable user generated content (find a key here and use it in the next instance)
    - play user-generated content as a DM (overtake NPCs and such)

Most of all: A game with D&D-flair which deserves the name "Neverwinter" and not another WoW-clone (as LotRO, TOR...)
    edited May 2012
    I would also like to see evolving graphics for abilities. Meaning, a level 5 wizards Fireball spell looks significantly less flashy and devastating than a Lv30's.

If anyone's played Dark Age of Camelot, you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • vulanvulan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hello, i am a new forum member, and very excited to be here.

With few recent MMO's i noticed few things that were missed by the development team that i would consider very needed in the game.

1) LFGroup tool. ( prefferred with instant travel to the selected dungeon, once group is assembeled)
    2) Server Transfers.
    3) One global chat channel.
    4) LFGuild tool.
    5) A reason to do dungeons and raids again and again. ( In SWTOR, i wasn't excited to return to the Raid dungeons because, when you seen it ones, you seen it all. The reason was missing. And i didn't found the " better gear " to be the reason big enough for me to return. I need something more. More exciting. F.example: With Warzones(PvP Battleground) in SWTOR it was different. The Pit - provided a great challange, because it focused on something other then the PvP combat. It was like you were playing football with your character. And that made it fun enough to play it many more times.)
    6) A life outside combat. ( What did people do in Neverwinter when they weren't fighting?)
    7) RP servers.
    8) Dual Specs.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    hey all,

-LFG tools definly with instant teleport to the insta/delves
    -A good crafting system where u can actually make the best armors/weps in game
    -A dynamic loot table (i dont want to go to a dungeon/quest and know exacly what items im gonna get)
    -No bound items (well maybe beside some artifacts or intellegent items)
    -No raid grinding (maybe cryptic should implement something to avoid it)
    -Random dungeons spwans (which make exploration actually intersting)
    - Tresure hunts, tresure maps, etc... (again, it should make exploration more fun)
    -Random world events
    -Open dungeon areas, dungeons which is open for everyone to pop in (not instance). Quests, bosses and farming should be available there but theres always the possibility of any other player/s pop in and ruin ur fun LOL (would be even more fun if is open world PVP).
    -D&D skills
    -Active factions quests, events, etc....
    - Guild Castels and House for players. (not instaciated if possible :P)
    - Guld Castle sieges (if u control a specific castel ur guild own the town economy, like Lineage II).
    - Diferent language, ofc everyone can speak common but as soon u start to speak elven maybe the dwarf right next to u wont understand sheat :P (only common allowed in world chat)
    - Unique events that at some point could change the storyline for future content

Ofc i dont have a clue if any of those things will be able to implement, think theres some sandbox elements in there.

Anyways just thwroing some ideas :)
  • sournote103sournote103 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My biggest hope for this game is a high number of character races and classes. At the very least, I hope for Shifters, Minotaurs, Dragonborn, Half-Orcs, Rangers, Warlords, Warlocks, Bards, Shamans, Monks, and Psions, in addition to the obvious Human, Elf, Fighter, Cleric, Paladin, Rogue, etc.
    I'd also love hybrid classes and Gnolls, but those are probably not going to happen.
    I'll be really annoyed if all we get race-wise is the standard Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling set. I'd have less problem with a limited pool of classes, though, since those probably require a lot more programming.
    edited May 2012
    vulan wrote: »
    LFGroup tool
    Please... please god no. This makes the game easy mode, and it won't make sense with open-world dungeons.
    One global chat channel.
    Great, so we can all be subject to the "Barrens Chat Effect?"
    LFGuild tool
    Is it THAT hard to find a guild? Really? Unnecessary.
    A life outside combat. ( What did people do in Neverwinter when they weren't fighting?)
    RP servers.
    Now THIS I can get behind. Crafting, (rewarded) RP opportunities, exploration! Tinyspeck was able to make an entire game that doesn't involve killing ANYthing (Glitch) -- there HAS to be a way to pull some of the focus from combat, and make those activities rewarding.
    Dual Specs.
    Barf. I, for one, would rather not ever see a spec tree in the game.
    macabrivs wrote:
    -A dynamic loot table
    Yes!
    macabrivs wrote:
    -No bound items
    Without bound items, the player marketplace would become grossly flooded with second/third/fiftieth hand gear. They're necessary to keep items at a (mostly) static table of values.
    macabrivs wrote:
    -Random world events
    These are always fun. GM events, like the ones in EverQuest, were AMAZING. GMs would actually control an NPC in game and reward players for certain tasks with entirely unique items.
    macabrivs wrote:
    -Open dungeon areas, dungeons which allow for players to pop in (not instanced)
    I think this is already confirmed going to be in the game!
    macabrivs wrote:
    - Guild Castles and Housing for players. (not instanced if possible :P)
    Player housing is almost impossible to realize to the scale that players expect it. Look at Dark Age of Camelot. Considering Neverwinter will be a F2P title, I wouldn't expect to see PWE spending the money on the mountain of servers necessary to maintain something like that.
    macabrivs wrote:
    Different languages! Of course, everyone can speak common but as soon you start to speak in Elven, the dwarf right next to you wont understand a thing! :P (only common would be allowed in world chat)
    I actually really like this idea too -- I feel like it would make the most sense for RP servers, though.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Without bound items, the player marketplace would become grossly flooded with second/third/fiftieth hand gear. They're necessary to keep items at a (mostly) static table of values.

I actually think it might work, at the very begin yea people will try to sell everything but when u know whats worthble to sell or not people wont bother anymore to put crappy items in AH for example.

The prices will be table by the comunity, depend how fast and easy u can get gold people will eventually get the right/fair prices for the items.

I only played 2 games where items wasnt bounded, Ultima online and DDO and i think both games economy wasnt screwed at all. In UO the economy was great, u could actually make great deals by trading ur items for others, u could even trade artifacts which makes deals rly interesting to make hehe :P

Ofc this is a totally diferent game and maybe u are right and im wrong but from the experience i had in other online games random props to items and no bound items rly work great :)
This discussion has been closed.