What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M15: Oathbound Paladin Class Changes

Comments

• Options
    anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I absolutely disagree with previous comment. Each who play OP see how much lacks to keep up with any other class, above all in PvP - eg. it is impossible persevere the GF / SW / TR / HR combo, then the paladin dies after a few seconds. So, will not help even Temporary HP when OP does not deal enough offense damage.
  • Options
    Btw. the stun or knock down is almost every hit from GF in PvP and can kill a Paladin in two hits - no problem. I do not even mention about total immobilization by the SW or... TR with smoke bomb. Despite this veywiil said "IMO we do enough damage as is through the use of the prot mechanic, in both PVE and PVP." Practice says completely different. Almost every other class have a much greater offense damage and the ability to overpower the character. Ok, was the DC intended to be a DPS class? DC-DO will do a lot more damage in PvE than OP even with 100% crit chance.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

Despite this veywiil said "IMO we do enough damage as is through the use of the prot mechanic, in both PVE and PVP."

As a heads up if you are going to flame me at least quote me using the forum quote thing. It's a lot easier to see why you are flaming me that way. Thanks!
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why didn't Devotion receive any attention? What use is bonus healing from most of it's skills?
  • Options
    veywiil,
    I use the quote in accordance with the rules of the correct language. You're nervous because your comments about OP changes are senseless and unreasonable in practice. In addition, your last comment does not add anything in the subject. Good luck.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2018

ghoulz66 said:

Why didn't Devotion receive any attention? What use is bonus healing from most of it's skills?

So, devotion got buffed.

Radiant Champion: Cooldown Reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%)
    Oath of Devotion: Now increases allies stats for 10 seconds (up from 8 seconds)
    Oath of Devotion: No longer requires you to actually restore HP on the target
    Bane: Activation time slightly reduced
    Bane: Now has priority in being cast, will not be interrupted by other powers
    All damage increased by ~14%
    Divine Call: Now has priority in being cast, will not be interrupted by other powers
    Divine Call: Can now be activated while blocking
    Divine Judgement: Activation time slightly reduced

These are all buffs, the biggest of which is Bane got reduced activation time, and we now all party members stats by 5% for 10 seconds. That's actually very impactful in group play. If you are talking solo play then lets talk about Aura of Solitude...
    But that's still inferior to alternate party options. It's still stuck using the same encounters. Since there's nothing else that do anything.
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

So, devotion got buffed.

Radiant Champion: Cooldown Reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%)
    Oath of Devotion: Now increases allies stats for 10 seconds (up from 8 seconds)
    Oath of Devotion: No longer requires you to actually restore HP on the target
    Bane: Activation time slightly reduced
    Bane: Now has priority in being cast, will not be interrupted by other powers
    All damage increased by ~14%
    Divine Call: Now has priority in being cast, will not be interrupted by other powers
    Divine Call: Can now be activated while blocking
    Divine Judgement: Activation time slightly reduced

These are all buffs, the biggest of which is Bane got reduced activation time, and we now all party members stats by 5% for 10 seconds. That's actually very impactful in group play. If you are talking solo play then lets talk about Aura of Solitude...
    But that's still inferior to alternate party options. It's still stuck using the same encounters. Since there's nothing else that do anything.
    thats what devo do, you afk and bane boss and dps thats it
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I'm curious as to what else some of you would have the devo do, other than bane/bless at endgame or burn at mid-game? Buff/debuffs are mostly covered by other classes, DPS covered (rightly) by other classes, tanking is the tank's job and healing is irrelevant. If you want to make heals relevant then you need to recommend the devs breakout the Castor Oil and start the nerfs on lifesteal and self-heals. I suspect they'd have an easier time getting the playerbase to swallow nerfs to powersharing and buffs rather than that. Still, what do folks recommend that don't turn Pallys in general (devos in particular) into high damage, high-survivability uber-god screaming for a swipe from Mjolnerf? Seriously, I'm curious to know.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

I'm curious as to what else some of you would have the devo do, other than bane/bless at endgame or burn at mid-game? Buff/debuffs are mostly covered by other classes, DPS covered (rightly) by other classes, tanking is the tank's job and healing is irrelevant. If you want to make heals relevant then you need to recommend the devs breakout the Castor Oil and start the nerfs on lifesteal and self-heals. I suspect they'd have an easier time getting the playerbase to swallow nerfs to powersharing and buffs rather than that. Still, what do folks recommend that don't turn Pallys in general (devos in particular) into high damage, high-survivability uber-god screaming for a swipe from Mjolnerf? Seriously, I'm curious to know.

Make Devo, a group wide buff to gold gain and speed run! :D:D:D Gold piles here I come !
    Yes, I am always in for more movespeed buffs.

If I can still control where I'm going, I'm not moving fast enough.
  • Options

very simple, nerf BANE, nerf AoC, nerf power share. add other buffing powers. add buffing feats, make class interactive.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

Make Devo, a group wide buff to gold gain and speed run! :D:D:D Gold piles here I come !
    Is this for the devotion mechanic? Boost to speed and gold gain? Hmmm...okay. Definately applicable to this upcoming mod, I'm afraid to say.
    leonidrex said:

very simple, nerf BANE, nerf AoC, nerf power share. add other buffing powers. add buffing feats, make class interactive.
    Could you be more specific with respect to powers and types of feats you would boost. Seems like quite a few major nerfs wrt Bane and AoC and powershare. What would you add in their place?
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    my pally uses templars wrath, not becouse i need it, its becouse there is nothing good to replace so i might as well make myself immortal.
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Is it possible for OP devotion "bond of virtue" not be interrupted by stuns, dragon roars, and other things? It is practically unavailable when it is needed most. Also I would like it's cooldown to start from its start time rather than end time.
  • Options

micky1p00 said:

Is this for the devotion mechanic? Boost to speed and gold gain? Hmmm...okay. Definately applicable to this upcoming mod, I'm afraid to say.
    leonidrex said:

Could you be more specific with respect to powers and types of feats you would boost. Seems like quite a few major nerfs wrt Bane and AoC and powershare. What would you add in their place?
    cuple things i would like to see :
    - Feat that gives 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of radiant weapon to teammates upon using a daily power ( each stack gives 2% dmg and lasts 12s max 8 stacks ) it doesnt actually gives 2% dmg its less. ( would make recovery usefull )
    - Add a feat that applies small debuff each time enemy is taunted 2/2,5/3/3,5/4 % debuff per stack, stacks to 10 times, giving each stack separate cooldown could make sacred weapon, tab, oath strike, binding oath more usable and managing taunts more engaging.
    - Feat that grants CA to you and teammates and increases its effectiveness by set ammount, upon doing something. for example if you are above 75% hp you and teammates get CA and 20% CA damage, when you are 50-75% you get CA and 25% CA dmg reduction against you and when under 50% you dont have CA and have CA 50% reduced against you.
    just an idea, in turn powershare and AoC can be toned down. i shouldnt be running around with 170k power solo.
    i can tank any boss without temp HP if i care enaught to pay attention to a fight, if i want to i can use 1 encounter and be as usefull as using all 3 and my daily. As it stands i use bane to debuff, TW to be immortal and SW to taunt and do some tickling.
    those things could be added in different places so you cant take them all if its too strong together.
    As it stands all our feats are just bad, in PVE we take powershare becouse its OP and the feat that gives movespeed to run faster.
    in PVP we take stem the tide,keystone and martyrs blood, only those matter. the rest has no meaning nor value to the class.
  • Options

Is it possible for OP devotion "bond of virtue" not be interrupted by stuns, dragon roars, and other things? It is practically unavailable when it is needed most. Also I would like it's cooldown to start from its start time rather than end time.

i totally agree, good way to change it could be make it not work when controlled and short ammount of time after, for example when you are controlled and 1s after the effect ends it doesnt work, but it starts on its own when the time passes. would make it less annoying in cradle when you get grabbed and forget to turn it on :D
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    leonidrex said:

micky1p00 said:

leonidrex said:

cuple things i would like to see :
    - Feat that gives 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of radiant weapon to teammates upon using a daily power ( each stack gives 2% dmg and lasts 12s max 8 stacks ) it doesnt actually gives 2% dmg its less. ( would make recovery usefull )
    - Add a feat that applies small debuff each time enemy is taunted 2/2,5/3/3,5/4 % debuff per stack, stacks to 10 times, giving each stack separate cooldown could make sacred weapon, tab, oath strike, binding oath more usable and managing taunts more engaging.
    - Feat that grants CA to you and teammates and increases its effectiveness by set ammount, upon doing something. for example if you are above 75% hp you and teammates get CA and 20% CA damage, when you are 50-75% you get CA and 25% CA dmg reduction against you and when under 50% you dont have CA and have CA 50% reduced against you.
    just an idea, in turn powershare and AoC can be toned down. i shouldnt be running around with 170k power solo.
    i can tank any boss without temp HP if i care enaught to pay attention to a fight, if i want to i can use 1 encounter and be as usefull as using all 3 and my daily. As it stands i use bane to debuff, TW to be immortal and SW to taunt and do some tickling.
    those things could be added in different places so you cant take them all if its too strong together.
    As it stands all our feats are just bad, in PVE we take powershare becouse its OP and the feat that gives movespeed to run faster.
    in PVP we take stem the tide,keystone and martyrs blood, only those matter. the rest has no meaning nor value to the class.
    Seems like a bit much @leonidrex , but hey...I did ask the question. ;) The feat that grants CA would make for an interesting addition to the Bulwark tree (which could use some more love imho) though I suspect most folks would want it in Justice (or Light if the powershare from Aura gifts were reduced). Thinking on these a little more.

Since I doubt any of these would be incorporated before Mod 15 goes live, it might be best if we take this idea (and any others) back to the Citadel and hash them out there. Give me a day and I'll open up a discussion thread for Mod 16 proposed pally changes & suggestions.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    Its done folks. The discussion thread I mentioned in the post above is open for business in the class forums.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Ok not going to add much here, most if not all have never ventured into Preview, Mod 16 will bring even more changes so these are kinda stop gap. I like the changes so far to Preview, the changes to interupt are a welcome change, base damage increase is nice. I would however say that 2 encounters need to be looked at:

Binding Oath on Prot OP: Currently offers great agro tool for those struggling to maintain it, however, when the power expires the damage taken is unmitigated. Meaning that it does not run the damage taken through my Damage Resistance nor Deflection before applying the damage to me. If I manage to have Shield of Faith up when it expires it does mitigate it, so why not be mitigated all the time? For this reason I never slot this encounter power, not since bubbledin was a thing.

Bane/Bless : For both of these the fact that companions and other players can interfere with fov and negate the casting is annoying, but I believe that for both they should only be able to be cast on one type. Currently Prot can cast one only enemies, while Devo can cast on enemies and friendlies, Devo should only be able to cast on friendlies not both.
  • Options
    I will add that the Shielding Strike (At-Will) - one use should hit more than one foe in near. Currently is one use - one foe.
  • Options
    Shielding strike shield and dmg hit is out of sync with animation, also its still gonna be go to atwill since it doeals more dmg then all the others :/ sad becouse i like val strike more, since it moves the character forward making it less clunky to use
  • Options
    Good point, the Shielding Strike should have fix animations, becouse Valorous Strike is much more fast and effective
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Interesting if you check the complete patch notes the 14% damage boost is blatantly missing, while the AoC nerf is called out now.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Interesting if you check the complete patch notes the 14% damage boost is blatantly missing, while the AoC nerf is called out now.

I noticed that too. I was going to ask about it and if both were just an oversight, but @terramak has locked the comments. I guess we'll have to wait until the 3rd to find out if the omission was intentional or not.

Edit - Looks like it was an oversight. The 14% damage boost IS included in the latest patch notes. Thanks @terramak! B)
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    lol i just read throught it, guess PvP pallies got thanosed out of existance, since its only me and tery and im not gonna play, its gonna be 50% of paladins gone xd keep up the good work lads
  • Options
    This will sum up pvp OP

• Options
    so what i thought would happen, happened. everything just kills OP throught shield, TR still broken piercing dmg, GF burst was buffed so he can 1rotate, SW bug is still on so if enemy has SW you might as well leave, only way you can play is devo due to a bug with vow, anyone thinking about doing pvp as OP, dont. turn back do something else its not worth it. GF,SW,TR,HR are 4 classes that can just bend you over and hamster you to death, and there are at least 3 of them in enemy team every match.
  • Options
    @leonidrex You're right :( I have the impression that all our comments on this topic have been ignored by devs.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    anoreksja said:

@leonidrex You're right :( I have the impression that all our comments on this topic have been ignored by devs.

Welcome to the Forums. In fairness, the devs have commented in the various forum threads on class changes and have made some adjustments from what was originally listed when HoF hit preview.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac