test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Oathbound Paladin Class Changes

123457»

Comments

• anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    From what I'm checking SW and TR are now much stronger in PvP so the Paladin absolutely no chance of winning. Great balance :(
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    pally was not good in pvp, now he is on the edge of unplayability due to not only not being strong, but also being compleatly trashed by bugs and burst of dmg that EVERYONE has ( exept paladin ofc )
    also since SS was removed due to players not liking their bugged powers to deal 0 DMG, you guys forgot to remove Divine Touch that does the same, make sure to take it too. Make sure to give it 14% more dmg so it can dish out crazy ammounts of damage XD
    anoreksja said:

@leonidrex You're right :( I have the impression that all our comments on this topic have been ignored by devs.

I think they designed those changes with the state we had in mod 14 in mind, and did not consider old bugs and other class changes. Piercing damage is middle finger to every paladin, i can get 200% damage res and 56% deflect currently on live. All that gets ignored, becouse screw me.Piercing needs to go, prone removing deflect needs to go. And for anyone wondering piercing ignores 102 400 worth of defensive stats in that scenario. FUN.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

From what I'm checking SW and TR are now much stronger in PvP so the Paladin absolutely no chance of winning. Great balance :(

I'd recommend not complaining about TRs being "stronger" near any TRs.
    Not from a Paladin anyway.

My two mains are TR and OP/OP...
    I know which of the two is benefiting most from this "balancing" act.
    (Hint... it 'aint TR)

TRs are, were, and always should be... single target murder HAMSTER. Because PvP tends toward one to one combat, this gives TR a massive advantage.

One dau, someone at Cryptic will have the sense to either create a fourth feat branch on every class, or convert the most underused branch on each class and create a PVP path. This path would allow skills powers etc to operate differently in PvP and PvE.

I'm only posting this here cos that comment made me giggle a bit.
    I'm sitting contemplating where about 30% of my TR's dps went, while wondering, "why on Earth does my Pally need more dps?"

They'd cheer me up if companions and group members didn't keep blocking my Powers... I'll trade that for the 14% patent "Easy Fix" damage boost.

anoreksja said:

I'd recommend not complaining about TRs being "stronger" near any TRs.
    Not from a Paladin anyway.

My two mains are TR and OP/OP...
    I know which of the two is benefiting most from this "balancing" act.
    (Hint... it 'aint TR)

TRs are, were, and always should be... single target murder HAMSTER. Because PvP tends toward one to one combat, this gives TR a massive advantage.

One dau, someone at Cryptic will have the sense to either create a fourth feat branch on every class, or convert the most underused branch on each class and create a PVP path. This path would allow skills powers etc to operate differently in PvP and PvE.

I'm only posting this here cos that comment made me giggle a bit.
    I'm sitting contemplating where about 30% of my TR's dps went, while wondering, "why on Earth does my Pally need more dps?"

They'd cheer me up if companions and group members didn't keep blocking my Powers... I'll trade that for the 14% patent "Easy Fix" damage boost.
    If you were actually paladin you would know that we did not recive " 14% " damage. But i doesnt matter.
    In pvp we arent tanks, so we " deal no dmg becouse we are tanks " doesnt apply there. why ? becouse there are others that are tankier, faster, better, stronger. If they want pallies to deal little to no dmage in pvp, thats fine. but i shouldnt be dying to a HAMSTER, SE deals piercing, it might be fine against GF, SW, DC that can dodge or mitigate and then apply pressure against TRs.But against paladin it is 100% guarantee 2/3 oh HP gone. Good tank I am when GF bullcharges me for 1/3 of my hp. I did testing with light tree yesterday. you know what happened? GF with mount power healed more then me with 65k power, inc healing feats, regeneration and inc healing bonuses with full spec into healing. Thats how usefull our feats are.
    currently paladin in pvp :
    i can make pally build and have
    - little dmg
    - weak CC
    - good selfheal ( almost no or no heals for others)
    - good buffs ( nothing amazing just above average )
    - little tankyness ( simply comes from having more HP, since defence and deflect doesnt matter when its needed. )
    and thats it, thats my 17,3k paladin, that can struggle to finish off 10k TR thats not HAMSTER enaught to get hit with DJ.
    thats what we are in PVP slob of meat that buffs others and is slight hindrance to the enemy.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    The devs should just remove PVP. The problems it causes carries over to PVE, just ask a TR.