test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I feel very depressed. With current barovia hunts and gear drops I'm finally able to consistently cap 700k for my account. This gives me about one R12 enchant per week and it also gives some consolation prizes for not rolling a good gear from equipment chests. I hoped to complete my upgrade to R12 in all non-utility slots in few months on one of toons so it will be at least barely capable for RAQ and upgrade other characters to R12 in a year as support.

I spend 1-2 hours per work day and 6-8 hours on weekends mostly in barovia now. With coming changes, I'll do not see how to earn something meaningful for character progression to get on later content. Masterwork in could be answer, but masterworks in T1-T3 gives negative value on most of the items (as calculates with excel spreadsheet assuming that provided chances are true, but I feel that they are even lower because tasks success was 45% during week when I measured it instead of 60%).
  • Options
    pakas#8388 pakas Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    There are a lot of issues being addressed here but the main issue for me was never about gaining rough AD or farming like crazy, that was never the goal of running a dungeon. The main goal is to have fun running stuff and socializing the reward were always a minor bonus that I was never really lucky with in the first place.
    The main issue I'm having (and many other end gamers) is the lack of content. With this new mod you release only a new 5 man skirmish that seems kinda easy and will get boring pretty quick. Castle Ravenloft, Cradle of the Detah Gods and Tomb of the Nine Gods were great additions in previous mods but its getting a bit tired to run the same stuff again and again.

I understand to develop a new hard dungeon takes time but how about upgrading the old dungeons so we can choose difficulties and get better rewards, you can set few difficulties for few challanges. You can make Kessels Retreat as hard as Castle Ravenloft and get same rewards without much changes in game mechanic using more or less the same concept with the Card mechanic in Barovia Hunts. Can't remeber when was the last time I ran Kessels or Vallindra that could be a nice fun change that will easily add alot of content to end game players.

So I dont have any issues with RAD changes like I didn't have problem with the cap of refining rough AD per account. Most end gamers aren't in the point where their main problem is lack of AD. The main issue is the lack of content and I hope the Devlopers will address and change that soon (hopefully even with mod 15).
  • Options
    emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I have thought about the above, now, I will honestly admit that I have never dabbled with the Foundry tools which allow you to make your own dungeons. That said, I know the feature is there.

The overall problem for me as an endgame player is a lack of variety in the game. Endgame boils down to T9G, CotDG and then some randoms. Theres also a serious lack of social things to do with your alliance. Marauders always has 15-25 ppl showing up in our alliance. DF we do just for the social aspect even though the rewards are HAMSTER.

The thing that always itched me is why the devs don't ask the community to help them build dungeons for them. (knowing the dev team working on this game is relatively small) Make a contest out of it, the one that provides the best dungeon will get some help from a dev in case they couldn't realize something (smal) inside the dungeon they would like to see. Slap some decent loot in it (blood stones and marks) depending how long it takes for a group to complete the dungeon.

I wouldn't mind investing time in the foundry to learn it and copy a raid from another MMO I used to play (Vault of the Nine from DDO was imo one of the best complex raids ive ever seen in a game) and love, thing is I don't know where to start, and some features from that raid are I think atm impossible in the game (adding puzzle tiles you need to connect from point A to B to solve them) Hence why I am not even gonna bother trying to fiddle with the basics when I know sooner or later I will run into a wall + after all that effort the dungeon will never get decent loot even if it would be legit way to spend time and challenge the players. .
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

Sources of rAD that are lost:

Weeklies: I don't like having to do weeklies to get rAD, so I don't really mind this, but weeklies that used to give salvagable items like Fane of the Night Serpent no longer provides rAD, this loss is not made up for.

Treasure Maps:Again, not a way of getting rAD that I've employed much. But it is a sorce nonetheless. After this change, treasure maps are a lot more pointless.

Hunts: Obviously these give a lot less rAD now, and I assume that's intended considering how much they gave before. But now the cards don't make sense, epic cards used to mean good loot, now blue barovia coin cards are much better. Epic cards don't feel epic anymore.

I can understand nerfing rAD income, but why remove variety different ways of getting rAD and force people to play the game only 1 way instead of the way they enjoy? It will only make dungeons get boring faster.

Which weeklies are you referring to? red wizards, AR, protect the portal still give their RAD...you mentioned Fane of the Night Serpent and drops so you must mean drops from the weeklies...which is true. But the weeklies that all give 4500 RAD don't look to have changed.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    My main thought is,

If AD acquisition goes down, then player controlled prices will decline.

If AD acquisition from a method you didn't use goes away, you benefit. If AD acquisition from a method you used goes away, you lose out.

Very zero sum-y.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

My main thought is,

If AD acquisition from a method you didn't use goes away, you benefit. If AD acquisition from a method you used goes away, you lose out.

Very zero sum-y.

It isn't just about "going away", it is also about that RAD from stuff like dungeons are getting hit with the nerf bat hard. So even though that method doesn't "go away" precisely people still lose out. Furthermore, this change leaves only a very few avenues viable for AD earning at all opposite now where the game have several, so unless you are one of the people who love running dungeons and skirmishes ad nauseam then you will lose as everything else either goes away or is hit with the neft bat even harder than dungeons/skirmishes.
    Since this is a case of "we want players to only play the game in this one way we've authorized" then I think they're going to see a lot of players who do not enjoy playing the game that way up and vanish with the new mod unless they change that. Which they won't given that this mod is so close to release.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    ilithyn said:

My main thought is,

Very zero sum-y.

It isn't just about "going away", it is also about that RAD from stuff like dungeons are getting hit with the nerf bat hard. So even though that method doesn't "go away" precisely people still lose out. Furthermore, this change leaves only a very few avenues viable for AD earning at all opposite now where the game have several, so unless you are one of the people who love running dungeons and skirmishes ad nauseam then you will lose as everything else either goes away or is hit with the neft bat even harder than dungeons/skirmishes.
    Since this is a case of "we want players to only play the game in this one way we've authorized" then I think they're going to see a lot of players who do not enjoy playing the game that way up and vanish with the new mod unless they change that. Which they won't given that this mod is so close to release.
    My point is that, you don't need 100k RAD a day. The only reason to get that much, is because you can. The only reason why you're at a disadvantage if you don't is because others will. Anything that stops others from getting RAD is going to reduce the amount of AD in the system, which causes equilibrium prices to fall.

I'm not saying this sort of thing is going to fix the zen exchange or anything, but ways of reducing the amount of AD in the system are a positive in my opinion. It's just a question of distribution.
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Not sure if this should be posted here or not:

I noticed there is no longer a little bag indicator for chests. Used to be a way to tell if the chest was a mimic or not. Well played Cryptic, well played!
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    emuriann said:

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented.

It is pretty sad really and I will tell you why.
    As I said before, I have 11 characters on one account, which before the 100k AD limit - I was pretty much able to farm a lot of AD throughout my characters to get the amount of AD I needed to buy whatever or at least a good sum of it to get close. But with the 100K account limit, now I just play the game and once I get to 100k for the day >>> I stop playing the game and just play something else. So for someone that played the game 16 hours daily, because they can and love the game, was dedicated to it.... All this did was just stop me from overall playing all together. I didn't have a problem with this change because I have 11 characters which I love playing all the classes of the game, I have x3 HRs and x2 GWFs, rest is one of each class. I don't play the game to stock pile on AD or anything, but I did enjoy when I needed something from the AH I could just bust out my 11 characters 36,000 AD limit per character (from back in the days) and use them to farm the AD required for it throughout all of them, I just hard grind the AD for a few days. To make one thing clear, I didn't know anything about the exploit of the Hunts at all, so I made my AD legit, by doing mainly second hand dungeon runs (meaning pugging them).

I understand one can make more AD just playing the market on the AH... But I do not like buying and selling HAMSTER, if I wanted to buy and sell to make my life worth - I rather be playing Eve Online. On top of that not liking to make AD via the AH system got to the point where I would think - The way I do this with the 100k limit per account means I have one whole week + now just to reach 1,000,000 AD.... I thought prices were going to drop with this new system but since you can make forever AD just playing the market, that price sink is not going to happen, and never will since you just make AD from the AH either way. So yeah, the change to 100k per account impacted my playing big times and took the fun out of my life while in the game. But I played still because I am there for the love of the game. I started resorting to helping my guild instead and farming RP by killing mobs around in high-end maps instead to advance my characters upgrading their gear/enchantments. These changes now makes AH use a must and dungeon runs pitiful.... I will make this clear and I will place it in bold + captial letter cause apparently people understand that more and are also more concerned with screaming text then normal text.

NO ONE IS GOING TO RUN DUNGEONS WITH THIS CHANGE, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO RESORT TO PLAYING THE MARKET.

So if you seriously believe this will get more playing in dungeons because you have to do more dungeons to reach your goals now, you are officially insane and should seek help.

emuriann said:

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented. I can at least speak for myself, and quite some people in my alliance and friend list, that are demotivated to keep playing for the day once they hit that 100k AD cap.

I haven't bothered hitting the cap in months. Making money becomes pointless. I have two classes. I don't enjoy the play style of the other ones. No reason to spend AD.
    I spend most of my time in enclave whilst tabbed out playing old school tetris :)
    All that talk with me and all of a sudden you admit you don't even play the game.... And wanting things for less than an hour and talking that HAMSTER- so I guess you just want everything handed to you while just standing on Protectors Enclave, wow you're a sad case man.
    Post edited by zeatrex on
    Jixem: Your social one stop spot.
    STAR TREK ONLINE CHARACTERS
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: NEVERWINTER CHARACTERS
    "Sell, buy, communicate and share all on one site... A fully free service!
    - Jixem: My social website, check it out! -
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    so that covers that but wht abt the he's or other stuff that gives rad??? anybdy wit anmy clues???
  • Options
    zeatrex said:

emuriann said:

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented.

As I said before, I have 11 characters on one account, which before the 100k AD limit - I was pretty much able to farm a lot of AD throughout my characters to get the amount of AD I needed to buy whatever or at least a good sum of it to get close. But with the 100K account limit, now I just play the game and once I get to 100k for the day >>> I stop playing the game and just play something else. So for someone that played the game 16 hours daily, because they can and love the game, was dedicated to it.... All this did was just stop me from overall playing all together. I didn't have a problem with this change because I have 11 characters which I love playing all the classes of the game, I have x3 HRs and x2 GWFs, rest is one of each class. I don't play the game to stock pile on AD or anything, but I did enjoy when I needed something from the AH I could just bust out my 11 characters 36,000 AD limit per character (from back in the days) and use them to farm the AD required for it throughout all of them, I just hard grind the AD for a few days. To make one thing clear, I didn't know anything about the exploit of the Hunts at all, so I made my AD legit, by doing mainly second hand dungeon runs (meaning pugging them).

I understand one can make more AD just playing the market on the AH... But I do not like buying and selling HAMSTER, if I wanted to buy and sell to make my life worth - I rather be playing Eve Online. On top of that not liking to make AD via the AH system got to the point where I would think - The way I do this with the 100k limit per account means I have one whole week + now just to reach 1,000,000 AD.... I thought prices were going to drop with this new system but since you can make forever AD just playing the market, that price sink is not going to happen, and never will since you just make AD from the AH either way. So yeah, the change to 100k per account impacted my playing big times and took the fun out of my life while in the game. But I played still because I am there for the love of the game. I started resorting to helping my guild instead and farming RP by killing mobs around in high-end maps instead to advance my characters upgrading their gear/enchantments. These changes now makes AH use a must and dungeon runs pitiful.... I will make this clear and I will place it in bold + captial letter cause apparently people understand that more and are also more concerned with screaming text then normal text.

NO ONE IS GOING TO RUN DUNGEONS WITH THIS CHANGE, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO RESORT TO PLAYING THE MARKET.

So if you seriously believe this will get more playing in dungeons because you have to do more dungeons to reach your goals now, you are officially insane and should seek help.

emuriann said:

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented. I can at least speak for myself, and quite some people in my alliance and friend list, that are demotivated to keep playing for the day once they hit that 100k AD cap.

I haven't bothered hitting the cap in months. Making money becomes pointless. I have two classes. I don't enjoy the play style of the other ones. No reason to spend AD.
    I spend most of my time in enclave whilst tabbed out playing old school tetris :)
    All that talk with me and all of a sudden you admit you don't even play the game.... And wanting things for less than an hour and talking that HAMSTER- so I guess you just want everything handed to you while just standing on Protectors Enclave, wow you're a sad case man.
    I don't think playing 16 hours a day is healthy. Games shouldn't be designed to encourage that kind of behavior. It's fine for a single player RPG because there's a defined limit, but MMOs don't work like that. That's why you sometimes have what's called anti-sockpooping measures (though admittedly that kind of thing, when implemented, is usually for liability concerns)

If the game changes make people go from playing 16 hour days to playing 2-4 at most, I think that's an improvement.
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2018

zeatrex said:

emuriann said:

emuriann said:

I don't think playing 16 hours a day is healthy. Games shouldn't be designed to encourage that kind of behavior. It's fine for a single player RPG because there's a defined limit, but MMOs don't work like that. That's why you sometimes have what's called anti-sockpooping measures (though admittedly that kind of thing, when implemented, is usually for liability concerns)

If the game changes make people go from playing 16 hour days to playing 2-4 at most, I think that's an improvement.
    I play because I can and have the time for it, something 99% of people can not say cause of the life they live.
    I'm not going to sit here and brag about how awesome my life is because of my personal life achievements that grants me the time to play this or whatever game I want for super extended amount of time, but let's make it clear that there is no abuse or nothing unhealthy or anything.

Do not get it twisted, just cause it isn't common doesn't automatically make it bad, enough said.

And to get one thing straight with you, I have no idea what you are talking about but I been Game Master in countless games and in fact, MMOs are designed in that very way - to make you get addicted and play forever. So if you are stating that MMOs were not designed to have you playing like that simply because it isn't "heathy"... Just right there alone you lying to yourself. Look at the structure of MMOs, these aren't console games you play for 60 hours, you beat the game and that's it - you never touch the game again. No, MMOs ARE designed to keep you glued to them. I understand this and know this as a fact because I played all consoles, all games, all platforms and every single MMO you can think of and compered to other platforms and console types to make sure the facts were straight.

So don't come over here with assumptions or opinions cause it will not work, you know the facts when you live the life, and you obviously do not live it based on your conversation. Campaigns alone in this game even proves this requiring around 2 months alone to just finish one, making you come back to the game every single day of your life for that whole time - and a day you miss is a day you don't get jack. And what game other than an MMO takes you ages to max out characters?... Wake up people!
    Post edited by zeatrex on
    Jixem: Your social one stop spot.
    STAR TREK ONLINE CHARACTERS
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: NEVERWINTER CHARACTERS
    "Sell, buy, communicate and share all on one site... A fully free service!
    - Jixem: My social website, check it out! -
  • Options
    vjarl said:

Not sure if this should be posted here or not:

I noticed there is no longer a little bag indicator for chests. Used to be a way to tell if the chest was a mimic or not. Well played Cryptic, well played!

@vjarl That one hasn't been there for ages. Like I think it is well over a year if not more since they made that change.
  • Options

ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

My main thought is,

Very zero sum-y.

My point is that, you don't need 100k RAD a day. The only reason to get that much, is because you can. The only reason why you're at a disadvantage if you don't is because others will. Anything that stops others from getting RAD is going to reduce the amount of AD in the system, which causes equilibrium prices to fall.

I'm not saying this sort of thing is going to fix the zen exchange or anything, but ways of reducing the amount of AD in the system are a positive in my opinion. It's just a question of distribution.
    Except this is going to hurt those who don't have tons of AD the most. The people who are causing the issues, the ones who have tons, are not going to be at all affected. You're hurting new players and players who are slowly getting towards endgame.

So no, this is a terrible change. What the game needs is viable AD sinks such as the Phoenix Upgrades in STO. Not nerfs to RAD earnings.
    Well, I don't know about you, but I play one toon, and I run two random queues a day: leveling and intermediate. That gives me something like 20k before accounting for invocation bonus RAD.

That's low propensity play. It's casual friendly. Saying "this hurts those who don't already have AD" is nonsense; if you're doing more dungeon runs than just the low hanging fruit, you're only missing out on say 5 to 10k per day. If you're a heavy runner, you're missing out on a lot more. But if you're running a lot of dungeons, chances are you're already able to get into groups and running those events isn't individually time consuming for you because you're well geared. Meaning you're already at the top.

The majority of a player's RADs will come from their daily randoms. Removing salvage means that daily random bonuses are a greater percentage than they were before.
    You're awully condescending and making a HAMSTER ton of assumption about me mate. I'm not even remotely end game, though I can handle Barovia without dying. And no I can't easily get into dungeons as you so patronizingly suggest. Quite the opposite.

I don't run queues at all unless some guildies need a tank or an extra dps. I find nearly all of dungeons and every single one of the skirmishes tedious and unexciting and pugs are absolutely terrible and a hell no from me. So these days I get my RAD from Barovia, the missions, hunts (no I never did the bugs, I don't cheat and I don't like cheaters) and the salvaged gear chests you can buy for the coins. Occasionally I'll do some of the HEs there too.
    And no this does in fact not get me a full 100k every day, but it gets me by. But with this change this way of doing things are out, only the coins will give anything worthwhile and I'm hunting new equipment as much as anything but now I have to choose between RAD or equipment. I'm not touching the random queues, they're terrible and filled with AKFers, leaches and trolls, no thank you. I suppose I could start doing more HEs in Barovia, but honestly they'r all so damned bugged I might as well do a Castle Never run in the time it takes to complete one of these.

As I said, this is an attempt from the devs of making the player base play this game one and only one way if they want to earn anything and it's a way I hate to play. And yes I can just leave and believe me if this goes through in the way it is, I will. (No you can't have my stuff.) There will only be one even remotely viable way to earn any kind of RAD at all and that's doing stuff I detest, it'd be the mindless Cloak Tower runs all over again and thanks but no thanks.
    If you think this forced way of playing the game is such a great thing by all means continue, I for one am going to find something else to play.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

My main thought is,

Very zero sum-y.

Except this is going to hurt those who don't have tons of AD the most. The people who are causing the issues, the ones who have tons, are not going to be at all affected. You're hurting new players and players who are slowly getting towards endgame.

So no, this is a terrible change. What the game needs is viable AD sinks such as the Phoenix Upgrades in STO. Not nerfs to RAD earnings.
    Well, I don't know about you, but I play one toon, and I run two random queues a day: leveling and intermediate. That gives me something like 20k before accounting for invocation bonus RAD.

That's low propensity play. It's casual friendly. Saying "this hurts those who don't already have AD" is nonsense; if you're doing more dungeon runs than just the low hanging fruit, you're only missing out on say 5 to 10k per day. If you're a heavy runner, you're missing out on a lot more. But if you're running a lot of dungeons, chances are you're already able to get into groups and running those events isn't individually time consuming for you because you're well geared. Meaning you're already at the top.

The majority of a player's RADs will come from their daily randoms. Removing salvage means that daily random bonuses are a greater percentage than they were before.
    You're awully condescending and making a HAMSTER ton of assumption about me mate. I'm not even remotely end game, though I can handle Barovia without dying. And no I can't easily get into dungeons as you so patronizingly suggest. Quite the opposite.

I don't run queues at all unless some guildies need a tank or an extra dps. I find nearly all of dungeons and every single one of the skirmishes tedious and unexciting and pugs are absolutely terrible and a hell no from me. So these days I get my RAD from Barovia, the missions, hunts (no I never did the bugs, I don't cheat and I don't like cheaters) and the salvaged gear chests you can buy for the coins. Occasionally I'll do some of the HEs there too.
    And no this does in fact not get me a full 100k every day, but it gets me by. But with this change this way of doing things are out, only the coins will give anything worthwhile and I'm hunting new equipment as much as anything but now I have to choose between RAD or equipment. I'm not touching the random queues, they're terrible and filled with AKFers, leaches and trolls, no thank you. I suppose I could start doing more HEs in Barovia, but honestly they'r all so damned bugged I might as well do a Castle Never run in the time it takes to complete one of these.

As I said, this is an attempt from the devs of making the player base play this game one and only one way if they want to earn anything and it's a way I hate to play. And yes I can just leave and believe me if this goes through in the way it is, I will. (No you can't have my stuff.) There will only be one even remotely viable way to earn any kind of RAD at all and that's doing stuff I detest, it'd be the mindless Cloak Tower runs all over again and thanks but no thanks.
    If you think this forced way of playing the game is such a great thing by all means continue, I for one am going to find something else to play.
    It's fair to say the Devs are trying to guide you into a specific playstyle. I was simply trying to explain what that playstyle is: run the random queues. It's understandable if you don't like that playstyle, but you should keep in mind the developers intentions and the impact on the economy from that playstyle.

In any event, I apologize if I came off as condescending; that was not my intention.

There's something like three or four conflicting goals.

Ideally, the game should allow alts. But ideally, the existence of alts shouldn't make your "main" character stronger. Before the account wide refining cap, it was advantageous to have alternate characters just to get around the refining cap.

Making RAD sources linked to the character doing the thing also helps to avoid this "secondary to boost main" phenomenon, because you can't just offload salvage to a character that didn't work for it; for the most part, that was already irrelevant once they moved to account wide RAD per day, but with bonus RAD from invoking, it was still an issue.

(That being said, if that's a concern, probably simpler to just remove bonus RP from invoking).

If the goal was simply to reduce the overall amount of RAD in the system, they could have just reduced salvage values. That probably would have been more transparent, at least.

So I'm sympathetic to concerns: I just think it's a net positive that they're doing something that reduces the amount of RAD in the system, and that's harder to "trick out" by having lots of PCs. We'll see if that holds out.
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    As far as I understand it, the problem is that there is too much ad in the game. I get that, they want to reduce the amount of ad that can be generated. I also understand what was said above, restricting ad generation to one play style sucks, it would be nice to be able to earn ad from open world activities at a similar rate to running dungeons. And if I'm honest with myself, the way dungeons are currently, they aren't very engaging, it's just a smash and grab job, maybe the first and last boss fights in CR are a little different, but that's about it. Like, I remember running etos when pushing enemies into the caverns was a good tactic to getting past mobs, and the mobs were actually a challenge, basically, cc was useful.

That being said, I like the change to dungeon chests, it mean less dungeon runs to get items like ultimate enchanting stones, which you need a bunch of to rank up all your enchants to r14. 1000 tong runs, *sigh*, 200 tong runs, much better.

• Options

ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

My main thought is,

Very zero sum-y.

It's fair to say the Devs are trying to guide you into a specific playstyle. I was simply trying to explain what that playstyle is: run the random queues. It's understandable if you don't like that playstyle, but you should keep in mind the developers intentions and the impact on the economy from that playstyle.

I do understand the playstyle, I understand it all too well. And that is the whole of my issue. I repeat there will only be one viable way of playing this game and quite frankly, that's going to kill it quickly. Because no one enjoys being railroaded into doing just one thing.
    And they're not trying to guide, they're forcing a certain play style with this.
    Forcing players to do just one thing is never going to result in a positive, it's going to result in a lot of players up a leaving. And that tends to be very bad for games.
    But as I also stated I won't be around to witness it. I'll be gone when mod 15 drops if not sooner. I finished Portobello's campaign today and quite honestly? After that I could make myself interested in playing any more knowing that what I'm doing will ultimately be pointless as this game is flipping me and anyone not enjoying random queues, off in a major way. Right now I'm an old mmo I used to enjoy to see where that one has gone, it's latest expansion looked quite interesting. Unlike this crapfire of a mess.
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    lol with theese changes a new player will never never get "there".
    Trying to pass it with the excuse that is ment to help new players is, at minimum, insulting.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    BUG: I completed the Protecting Prospectors HE in Icewind Dale, and when attempting to collect the HE rewards, I received an error of "you may only have one of a unique item in your inventory" and I wasn't able to collect the reward. I have no idea which unique item it may be. It was on my character Tyrone Slothrop 40.
  • Options
    draugkir said:

Trying to pass it with the excuse that is ment to help new players is, at minimum, insulting.

Empirically speaking, do new players typically get a lot of salvage under the current regime?
  • Options
    erzsebeththeevilerzsebeththeevil Member Posts: 11 Arc User

draugkir said:

Empirically speaking, do new players typically get a lot of salvage under the current regime?
    All the demon HE's around dread ring and well of dragons ... drop rings...
    I soloed a demon HE in dread ring this morning got a plus 2 blue ring... that used to be worth 2,200 Rad and with bonus 3,300 when salvaged ... instead I got 100 RAD from the HE it self and the ring is worth 150 rp... whoot! :(

Same can be said for the random Skirmish's POM Throne IG , Folly all of these have potential purple/blue or green dtops.. and still do ..
    but now none of that is salvage .. so yes new people COULD have had salvage ... and dont get me started on HUNTS / Patrols / aka using the maps ...

Dont you take your noobie guild mates on HUNT runs?? Through an ETOS? MC? VT? all of those are salvage runs... or were..

• Options

draugkir said:

All the demon HE's around dread ring and well of dragons ... drop rings...
    I soloed a demon HE in dread ring this morning got a plus 2 blue ring... that used to be worth 2,200 Rad and with bonus 3,300 when salvaged ... instead I got 100 RAD from the HE it self and the ring is worth 150 rp... whoot! :(

Same can be said for the random Skirmish's POM Throne IG , Folly all of these have potential purple/blue or green dtops.. and still do ..
    but now none of that is salvage .. so yes new people COULD have had salvage ... and dont get me started on HUNTS / Patrols / aka using the maps ...

Dont you take your noobie guild mates on HUNT runs?? Through an ETOS? MC? VT? all of those are salvage runs... or were..

I concede I forgot about Demonic HEs. Personally always hated those, but I've never had to bring up a new PC in the era where they existed.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Sounds to me like I'll be spending my evenings from now until this mod launches running all the dungeons and HEs for seals, ring drops, salvage I can get. Will probably salvage all the excess gear I have cluttering up my bank inventory too. :/ This is NOT a welcome change.
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Will probably salvage all the excess gear I have cluttering up my bank inventory too. :/ This is NOT a welcome change.

now that's funny

clutter good

empty vault bad

:s

• Options
    You know, what they could have done if they wanted the change to be sorta-kinda neutral in terms of character wealth-

Remove salvaging, but make the RP conversion = to the amount of RAD that you used to be able to get by salvaging them.

That corresponds to a RP = 1 AD conversion ratio.

If you wanted to, you could make them convert on a 1/2 rate, which would mean 1 RAD = 2 AD, which is what the market looked like a while back.

This, incidentally, helps deal with the fact that with profession changes making it harder to flood the market with refining stones, RP will be more expensive.
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    > @theycallmetomu said:
    > It's fair to say the Devs are trying to guide you into a specific playstyle. I was simply trying to explain what that playstyle is: run the random queues.

If that was the case there wouldn't be RAD on the Seals vendor, tradebar store, campaign stores and guild mark store. There also wouldn't be RAD from HEs and I wouldn't have said earlier in this thread that I would look into added RAD to the Barovian hunts.

We aren't trying to push players to any one type of content with this change. Random Queues were already a big part of many of the player bases RAD rewards and it makes sense they still would be after this change as it has a good chunk of RAD rewarded for the first run of the day.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

> @theycallmetomu said:

> It's fair to say the Devs are trying to guide you into a specific playstyle. I was simply trying to explain what that playstyle is: run the random queues.

If that was the case there wouldn't be RAD on the Seals vendor, tradebar store, campaign stores and guild mark store. There also wouldn't be RAD from HEs and I wouldn't have said earlier in this thread that I would look into added RAD to the Barovian hunts.

We aren't trying to push players to any one type of content with this change. Random Queues were already a big part of many of the player bases RAD rewards and it makes sense they still would be after this change as it has a good chunk of RAD rewarded for the first run of the day.

The following is largely a devil's advocate argument because I basically agree with this point but-

even if there are alternative ways of getting RADs, if those ways are significantly less efficient (measured by such things as game minutes of playtime per RAD), it's misleading to say the system doesn't push players towards one methodology or another. But I haven't actually done any HEs on preview, so I don't know what the RAD drop rate is like. I'd also have to check out the campaign stores and seal vendors. Historically, most things other than salvage and random queues have been extremely low efficiency, but if that's changed, I'm on board.