test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I strongly encourage everyone to start running the leveling random queue every day.

It gives like, 9200 AD or something for maybe 5 minutes worth of effort.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

Now, add to the chest a temptation, of reroll for the better - 1hr to fill 100k rAD limit in MOD 15 - good luck with that @scorpioneitaa

Yeah so much you missed out on. CBA to do the math for you.
    Regardless in new mod you can trade old currencies and a 100k xp level up gets you 3k rad.
    Guess how much a level up takes if you go to the right places accessible to any IL 8k player?
    For me, as a 17k it took me 1hr to get 102k rad just by levelling.
    So lets say the lower players take 2-3hours.... what do you expect? To get everything given to you?
    Stop crying and get farming if you don't like this change.
    Cause it seems the ppl crying about it are dependant on these 100k so much... you should start now and get ahead.
    @scorpioneitaa

For me all that 100k limits, nerfing of alt armies or accounts means nothing, taking away salvage means nothing - all that "income" was kind of coffe money for me - ok if I got them, no big deal if I dont.
    You guessing correctly - I am getting my AD in other ways - MC and market play. It takes much less then your hour to earn much more then your petty 102k rAD. (BTW - just 17k - you are so undergeared:D) So sorry but your ideas to get AD is just a joke from my point of view.

All you try to do is kind of such approach - I am smarter and I am gona be all right after patch. Its not a big deal - you just dont know what to do and you are just a crybebies.
    But this time you came across me, and thats where childish boasting ends.
    So please stop such approach here, as you missing the point.

Cos you, see I am always trying to see a bigger picture. Because bigger picture is environment and player base I am surrounded with and I play with. From that point of view my ways of getting AD are not important.
    Whats all my items, AD. ZENs or ideas how to get them gona be worth when I am gona be alone in game?
    What all my MC items gona be worth without customers?
    Nothing.
    Plain and simple.

In my picture there are most players in this game, and what is far more important lot of my guildies.
    And as I said before its not important that I am gona be all right after a patch, thing is lot of them will not.
    Lot of them was already impacted with RQ limit, 100k limit etc. Adding a new ways to get rAD is in fact a joke.
    How fast peoples will run out of currently unspent campaign currencies? How fast they will spend away reroll tokens - month? After that all their alternatives will run dry, their currencies, tharmalune bars, seals and alternative rAD sources with them. If of course devs wont "alter" amounts until release.

Whats better for any player - getting 1 piece of blue gear to salvage during a dungeon he already runs with a friends or be forced to go on certain map and do quest here for campaign currency to change it for rAD?

Most of new, casual, unguilded players dont know tricks and ways to get AD, and even if they would know they dont like to be forced to certain activities even if that brings profit.
    Really first month gona be wild west here - lot of cheap items on AH (from rerolls) lot AD around as peoples gona try all ways to get them spending every possible resource. Many already started to acumulate salvage but one way or another but sooner then later it gona end up painfully.

And did you guys consider how its gona impact guilds - if a player gona have to choose to change their campaign currences on rADs or feed a mimic? For new guilds it can be a killer.

So yeah @scorpioneitaa you gona be ok with your hour of grind. I dont even care.
    But most or average, casual, decent players who make this game alive will be impacted and in fact hurt.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @caldochaud#4880

Well m8 - diversity you talking about do not exist here in Neverwinter. You mentioned EVE online - yeah in that game all kind of activities can bring you income. Sure we could discuss for hours whats best and what it needs and so on.

But here in Neverwinter it doesn't work. You are forced to certain activities otherwise you wont make any AD.
    Just take a look on pvp - not sure how many skirmishes you would need to fill 100k rAD limit.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Console pleb here. Curious about a few payouts.

SHE in barovia

BHE in barovia

T3s in strongholds

Fbi, mspc, tong

Anyone let me know, thanks :)

rAD from HE is directly send to your inventory currency tab and not showed int the reward window.

So, after few tests :

Minor Stronghold HE and Demoniac HE in Well of Dragons/Dread Ring give 76 rAD (113 with +50% Bonus AD)

River district HE give 100 rAD (150), same for minor Barovian HE, and Dragons in levelling zone (graveyard/icespire etc).

Stronghold Big HE give 300 rAD (450).

Chests in Master of the Hunt and Dread Legion skirmish can reward 2K to 6K rAD, same for Tuern chests.

Maybe more, i only did 5 runes of each.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

SHE in barovia

BHE in barovia

T3s in strongholds

Fbi, mspc, tong

rAD from HE is directly send to your inventory currency tab and not showed int the reward window.

So, after few tests :

Minor Stronghold HE and Demoniac HE in Well of Dragons/Dread Ring give 76 rAD (113 with +50% Bonus AD)

River district HE give 100 rAD (150), same for minor Barovian HE, and Dragons in levelling zone (graveyard/icespire etc).

Chests in Master of the Hunt and Dread Legion skirmish can reward 2K to 6K rAD, same for Tuern chests.

Thanks for that, @mirlegris. ;) Ran a couple more demonic HEs and I thought I was a slave to the RNG gods with respect to the AD as I didn't see a counter pop up to indicate it was added. I hope they add that before it goes live as I can see a lot of folks thinking the same thing.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

mirlegris said:

SHE in barovia

BHE in barovia

T3s in strongholds

Fbi, mspc, tong

So, after few tests :

Thanks for that, @mirlegris. ;) Ran a couple more demonic HEs and I thought I was a slave to the RNG gods with respect to the AD as I didn't see a counter pop up to indicate it was added. I hope they add that before it goes live as I can see a lot of folks thinking the same thing.
    Nope. Demonics for one do not always give RAD, in inventory or otherwise. Neither does IWD or SOMI HEs. I checked carefully and in over half my runs nothing was added. Which is why I asked @noworries#8859 if there's supposed to be a 100% drop rate or not.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Ah, i didn't test in IWD and SKT maps, i hate thoses module so i didn't even think about them.
    I will check that, and doing more HE in other maps to have a representative number in case the rate is not 100%.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    asd98776 said:

I mean come on how many times does someone have to post a potion for a million plus AD for you to figure out its not a legitimate transaction??

This is how most people, aka, real players move AD between accounts. Heck, my daughter and I have done this between our accounts as well.

• Options

I have more than 300 keys...thus 300 reroll token ? Never gonna use them. How about AD instead ?

If you never used the keys, you loose nothing by not, now, using the reroll tokens.
  • Options

I have more than 300 keys...thus 300 reroll token ? Never gonna use them. How about AD instead ?

If you never used the keys, you loose nothing by not, now, using the reroll tokens.
    Yeah, I have a bunh of epic keys ,and being able to go through 5 reroll attempts is probably better off for me.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

mirlegris said:

SHE in barovia

BHE in barovia

T3s in strongholds

Fbi, mspc, tong

So, after few tests :

Nope. Demonics for one do not always give RAD, in inventory or otherwise. Neither does IWD or SOMI HEs. I checked carefully and in over half my runs nothing was added. Which is why I asked @noworries#8859 if there's supposed to be a 100% drop rate or not.
    By the Nine Hells! I was afraid of that. At least I'm not going completely crazy so thanks for that update.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options

You should be playing the game, instead you are just farming. You should be having fun and looking forward to new content, instead you are in Protector's Enclave having toxic conversations. I am hoping that most of you will enjoy this new content in Mod 15. Remember games are meant to be played, enjoyed, and conversations fun. If you are getting bent about RAD and BAD (bonus AD) then you are working the game and not playing it.

You seem to have a lot of opinions about how others should play, debate, etc. Personally I hate farming but for others they enjoy that game play. My wife can play solitaire for hours and to me that just seems mindless but its kinda meditative for her.

Since when are conversations suppose to be "fun"??? Where in the world did you ever get that concept? They might be or they might be serious, sarcastic, even angry.

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

We want to be straightforward about this and also wanted to give plenty of heads-up so that players can both salvage all of their saved up equipment before this goes live, and start figuring out what changes they will make to their play styles.

Thanks for the heads up. My bags, mail, and banks are still filled with salvage I stocked up on before mod 14 thinking I'd have a hard time earning the 100K daily cap. Turned out to be quite the opposite. Might as well salvage all now. Hope I don't accidentally get banned for salvaging like 300 pieces in one sitting :open_mouth:
  • Options
    lowjohn said:

I don't think you're pushing players towards any particular type of content, no. I think you're pushing players, HARD, towards "Any Content At All". You're steadily, in this patch and past, removing the perverse incentives that made NOT playing a more profitable use of time than playing.

And to be clear, I like it. These economy changes are all sensible steps, and while they're nerfing lots of currently-and-until-recently-quite-profitable things like "having a ton of alts to run Leadership and salvage purchased gear", it was always weird that I got a serious material advantage from having 20 characters I didn't play over someone who had only one character that they did.

You use words like "playing" as if they are universally agreed upon. And from the sounds of your comment (and I might be wrong) you have a negative view of "having a ton of alts" as if this is somehow bad when the person actually had to buy those extra slots with Zen at one time.

Login in, hitting up your alts to invoke and perform professions can be some peoples game play. Others like farming (something I hate personally) and that is their game play.

On a side note, before account wide AD restriction, I would run all my alts through the random dungeons. I have one of each class and this gave me a incentive to play each one and try various load outs. etc. Now with the account wide nerf, I run only my main. IMHO, this was not an improvement but is a further example of why forcing a certain gameplay, let people play the game the way the way they want.

• Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Honestly I am not worried about these changes because I am an SeS farmer, its normal for me to solo the dread legion skirmish 30-60 times a day.

With these changes I may not even need to do any randoms, skirmishes like master of the hunt and dread legion can be solod in private que in a matter of minutes, if the 2k to 6k RaD rewards per reported are even remotely accurate I dont see any issues.

16k+ Combat HR
  • Options

lowjohn said:

I don't think you're pushing players towards any particular type of content, no. I think you're pushing players, HARD, towards "Any Content At All". You're steadily, in this patch and past, removing the perverse incentives that made NOT playing a more profitable use of time than playing.

And to be clear, I like it. These economy changes are all sensible steps, and while they're nerfing lots of currently-and-until-recently-quite-profitable things like "having a ton of alts to run Leadership and salvage purchased gear", it was always weird that I got a serious material advantage from having 20 characters I didn't play over someone who had only one character that they did.

You use words like "playing" as if they are universally agreed upon. And from the sounds of your comment (and I might be wrong) you have a negative view of "having a ton of alts" as if this is somehow bad when the person actually had to buy those extra slots with Zen at one time.

Login in, hitting up your alts to invoke and perform professions can be some peoples game play. Others like farming (something I hate personally) and that is their game play.

On a side note, before account wide AD restriction, I would run all my alts through the random dungeons. I have one of each class and this gave me a incentive to play each one and try various load outs. etc. Now with the account wide nerf, I run only my main. IMHO, this was not an improvement but is a further example of why forcing a certain gameplay, let people play the game the way the way they want.

The problem occurs when one method of play crowds out other methods of play.

I have three characters I do not give two craps about, that exist purely to give me additional benefits I can't get from having only one toon. I spent zen to get those characters because of those additional benefits NOT because I wanted to try out other builds. To that end, there's no reason to have those additional benefits be separate characters: if the game wants to be structured in such a way to get those benefits, they may as well exist on a single toon instead.

Just as an example change, instead of +RAD as an invocation bonus, they should give +RP. Though even then, I'd still invoke on my dummy toons just so I can refine enchantments. Guess you just can't win when it comes to Neverwinter!
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I love how people keep truncating my comments. Oh well, do you must if it makes you feel better, it still doesn't change the fact this will happen. The game belongs to Cryptic, so you either play and have fun or go home crying. But I hope people will stay and have fun. It is only a game.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @noworries#8859 Any chance of making invoking bonus RAD actual RAD instead? I really don't see were it would be a game breaking change, even with the desire to reduce overall AD, with the refining cap. But it would allow players with RL time constraints to continue to advance in the game until RL got out of the way. Anyone playing would only see their RAD grow without being able to refine it and players in my current position would at least still be about to limp along.
  • Options
    Making invoking bonus RAD AD would mean that you can get free AD-an account wide resource-just by having a character exist.

I imagine that the devs don't want to incentivize a system where you make 20 characters just so you can invoke them all for that sweet sweet loot.
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It is hard to really know the impact on AD of no salvage. As it is not in a vacuum. Other systems are changing that impact the rAD that you get. This change will make the creation of AD more interactive. So my alts cannot create AD by invoking, salvaging and leadership tasks.

The dungeon chest re-roll I think will be an overall positive change. You go through the dungeon once and have more chances to get the rare drops. So the rare tomes will be much easier to get. Or you can try to maximize your rAD and select the chest that gives you the most rAD, since the AD and RP uses the RNG.

Also noticed some changes to ESOT. For ESOT, there were additional mobs added after the final iron golem. When you are in the last section before the boss, additional groups of mobs were added. I did not notice that before, though it has been a few months since I have run it on LIVE.

On LOL, the main thing I noticed was that my companion did not join me in fighting Lostmouth. He just sat on the ledge and did not offer his normal support.
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

Making invoking bonus RAD AD would mean that you can get free AD-an account wide resource-just by having a character exist.

I imagine that the devs don't want to incentivize a system where you make 20 characters just so you can invoke them all for that sweet sweet loot.

You would think that but that is exactly what invoking did at launch. Gave you RAD AD just for invoking and it was if memory serves 3 invokes...and the first invoke was largest payout... unless my memory is totally off but pretty sure that was the case.

• Options
    draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    onodrain said:

It is hard to really know the impact on AD of no salvage. As it is not in a vacuum. Other systems are changing that impact the rAD that you get. This change will make the creation of AD more interactive. So my alts cannot create AD by invoking, salvaging and leadership tasks.

The dungeon chest re-roll I think will be an overall positive change. You go through the dungeon once and have more chances to get the rare drops. So the rare tomes will be much easier to get. Or you can try to maximize your rAD and select the chest that gives you the most rAD, since the AD and RP uses the RNG.

Not exactly accurate. If you could use all 4 rerolls and then pick which 1 you want then you would be right. However, what will happen is the previous chest will go away for the new rolled result. If the new chest is worse then you will not be able to go back.
  • Options
    empalas said:

You would think that but that is exactly what invoking did at launch. Gave you RAD AD just for invoking and it was if memory serves 3 invokes...and the first invoke was largest payout... unless my memory is totally off but pretty sure that was the case.

Right. That's why they changed it. They did dumb things before. Undoing the dumb things is hard, because people bring up the "Let me play the way I want to play!" defense whenever the devs try and undo past mistakes.

Frankly put, I don't feel invoking adds anything to the game. Coupons are nice to have, but I wonder if the game wouldn't be better off with zen shop coupons dropping way more frequently, not having an expiration date, and not being in refinement packs.
  • Options

Right. That's why they changed it. They did dumb things before. Undoing the dumb things is hard, because people bring up the "Let me play the way I want to play!" defense whenever the devs try and undo past mistakes.

Frankly put, I don't feel invoking adds anything to the game. Coupons are nice to have, but I wonder if the game wouldn't be better off with zen shop coupons dropping way more frequently, not having an expiration date, and not being in refinement packs.

Invoking incentivizes you to login at various times during the day that you would otherwise not do. Same with professions, but typically that was just one extra login. It depends on what they want to see as player activity. And remember there is a real psychology to MMOs and such, even workshops at conventions on how to maximize your player engagement (addiction?) to your game. Getting them to connect in more often is part of it. Having them care about their character is another (this is part of allowing customization of character).

• Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Not exactly accurate. If you could use all 4 rerolls and then pick which 1 you want then you would be right. However, what will happen is the previous chest will go away for the new rolled result. If the new chest is worse then you will not be able to go back.

This statement does not make me wrong. =p I understand your point. If you are trying to maximize rAD and your chest is giving you 7k out of a possible 8k rAD, then you have to decide if you want to take the chance and reroll. Because you could end up with just 5k rAD. It is a game of chance. Understanding your chances of something better is part of the decision. Initially people will not know the possible loot tables, so it will be blind luck. Once you have an idea of potential loot, you can make better decisions regarding rerolls. Different dungeons seem to provide varying levels of rAD, but my sample size on test is very low right now. LOL gave me up to 7k rAD but ESOT I only saw up to 5k rAD.
  • Options
    romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    > @theycallmetomu said:
    > I strongly encourage everyone to start running the leveling random queue every day.
    >
    > It gives like, 9200 AD or something for maybe 5 minutes worth of effort.

Not really 5 minutes... it depends on the random queue that you get...
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

asd98776 said:

I mean come on how many times does someone have to post a potion for a million plus AD for you to figure out its not a legitimate transaction??

This is how most people, aka, real players move AD between accounts. Heck, my daughter and I have done this between our accounts as well.

nice AD sink --- 10% transaction fee for the service
    ( even more sink if you don't have full vip )

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

asd98776 said:

nice AD sink --- 10% transaction fee for the service
    ( even more sink if you don't have full vip )
    Nah, posting fees are refunded if the item sells. non-VIPs only lose 10% to the AH same as everyone else. They just also lose money if the item DOESN'T sell.