What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

lowjohn said:

I don't think you're pushing players towards any particular type of content, no. I think you're pushing players, HARD, towards "Any Content At All". You're steadily, in this patch and past, removing the perverse incentives that made NOT playing a more profitable use of time than playing.

And to be clear, I like it. These economy changes are all sensible steps, and while they're nerfing lots of currently-and-until-recently-quite-profitable things like "having a ton of alts to run Leadership and salvage purchased gear", it was always weird that I got a serious material advantage from having 20 characters I didn't play over someone who had only one character that they did.

You use words like "playing" as if they are universally agreed upon. And from the sounds of your comment (and I might be wrong) you have a negative view of "having a ton of alts" as if this is somehow bad when the person actually had to buy those extra slots with Zen at one time.
    It would be hypocritical of me to object to people having a ton of alts. I have a ton of alts myself, all praying and farming Leadership and salvaging my main toons' loot to use up the AD bonus, because that's SUPER-PROFITABLE and gives me large advantages, on my main characters. And I spent the Zen to get them, and I'm slightly sad that I'll stop having such a wonderful farm and all my characters named Bag Slots will go back to being, well, a source of bag slots to store loot I don't want to sell or trash but also don't want to use right now.

but....

Login in, hitting up your alts to invoke and perform professions can be some peoples game play. Others like farming (something I hate personally) and that is their game play.

... don't pretend like "sign in, pray, collect professions, set professions" is actually engaging with game content.

Some days that all I have time to do, but it's maintenance, not gameplay. And these changes are all about rewarding people for engaging with content and playing, and not rewarding people for *not* playing the game.

On a side note, before account wide AD restriction, I would run all my alts through the random dungeons. I have one of each class and this gave me a incentive to play each one and try various load outs. etc. Now with the account wide nerf, I run only my main. IMHO, this was not an improvement but is a further example of why forcing a certain gameplay, let people play the game the way the way they want.

There's replay rewards and you're still getting to use up your prayer AD boost, so you *could* still run a Normal Dungeon on every toon, one-shotting everything in sight and mocking enemies who explode from attacking you.

But doing that, which doesn't challenge you at all, is no longer a more rewarding use of time than doing things that are more difficult.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Now that VIP no longer will give keys, what will it be replaced with? Re-roll tokens?

Yes the epic key rewards have been swapped out for reroll tokens.

The Salvage Anvil Summon has been changed to a Seal Trader summon.
    I guess while everybody wanted a SEAL trader, now that you can't get rad with Rare or Epic gear, I don't even know if that's highly desirable anymore.

I mean it's handy but I'm guessing the most we can do with old Gear is now sell for GOLD. Though I think I've since learned they've given all Epic Gear Refinement value slightly more than the level 70 Rare Gear since it's Epic.

Though I wished several of the Rare Gear we could produce in Professions offered a little higher Silver value. It almost cost you as much silver to pay the commission as what you'd get for selling it to the market.

I mean if you're selling gear to recoup Gold or Silver you're likely then going to want to get a few Artisan's that have at least a -25/50% commission or your barely make any profit. It be NICE if they increase some of the GEAR by different amounts of Silver at least...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I love how people keep truncating my comments.

We :heart: you too!

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

mynaam said:

The seal store, campaign stores, tradebar store and stronghold equipment store will all have RAD for sale for their respective currencies. Heroic Encounters will also award RAD on completion. Existing sources of direct RAD such as experience overflow rewards and certain weekly quests will continue to reward RAD as they have previously.

This once again punishes small guilds . Great way of making leveling sh harder is by removing donations. Really dumb move
    Umm....

They're not removing the items from those stores/locations.
    They're just offering a new item "Raw AD" in addition to the previous items, and the previous items can no longer be salvaged for raw AD.

You can still spend campaign currencies and T-bars and Seals on things to donate to your guild coffer, exactly like you could before. Just, if you WERE going to turn Seals -> Rings -> Salvage -> Raw AD, you can't do that any more. Instead, you will go Seals -> Raw AD.

If you were relying on people to go Seals -> Rings -> Guild Marks before because they *didn't know* they could turn them into raw AD, that's a different problem.

If you didn't mean that, and my earlier statement hasn't covered you, what did you mean?
    Umm if your ad is nerfed and are asked to donate to stronghold and get nothing(small guilds do not have mw for charts) or make ad YOU WILL NOT DONATE.

So they are removing donations from guilds and sh progression is being nerfed. this is an elitist move and was not thought out
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    As a returning player after taking 1.5 years off, my greatest need is actually AD. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this move, I do not see how this will speed things up. I was mystified with many of the changes (I quit a few weeks after Chult came out, with some of the old announced changes ((which I still think didnt advance the game much)) and what do I notice? That things are exactly the same cost as I left , anything of value still costs 1 million + in AD and now you just limit players to 700k weekly (if they can earn that much)
    While yes experienced players should max out daily by just running the queues, remember I am 1.5 years behind at this point, so not exactly a new player, one that is experiencing some of same growing pains as a new player would.

I really cant enter the ReQ at all.. as my highest toon right now is 14k and useless as a main dps, while at the same time, I have to somehow open up all the end game content for me to do anything (very time consuming and annoying if you ask me)

So basically 3-4 days out of the 7 I can max out.. if I get lucky I can achieve 5-6 out of 7 (depending on salvage situation I get)

But with the new changes, it wont be more then 3-4 probably. So my weekly earnings will be around 5-600 point max.

In the old days, I would earn between 1-1.5 million every week (and a good week at 2 million) while everything was similar in costing.

I left and there was a 10 million plus backlog in Ad to Zen conversion.. I come back and there is still a 10 million plus ad to Zen conversion .

So what I am pointing out.. is unless you can magically make r13+ enchants/bondings and pets and stuff cheaper, this salvage change isn't exactly going to advance player to catch up.

While for ages, I have been saying your drop rate on certain items is too low and increasing it is justified, I fail to see how removing the salvage AD is going to allow you to do that.. we get salvage all the time, getting the item you, wasn't going to get you more AD in salvage.. so that is a nonsensical argument to me.

Removing salvage and extra AD into the game, is only going to work if you start allowing things like Cwards to be bought by Tbars again.. which is the only time this game ever had a good pricing index on items (where top enchants were dropping near 1 million range)

I wish you just kept the old cward pricing into the tbar store, at least that way we could advance our toons again.

I was a regular spender in this game (1-2 times a month every month for years)

If the changes are handled well and you somehow reduce the cost of enchants for everyone by introducing cwards back regularly in the game.. I am all for that.

If you are just removing a % of AD because you had some people exploit salvage, well that inst my fault or the vast majority of players fault. I cant help what those people do, they will do it all the time, every time. They exploit or find the workarounds every mod and advance at super stellar rates.

None of that is my fault or the fault of many here. Why do you keep penalizing the players for your failures?

• Options
    serraelisepserraelisep Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I wish we could trade in extra character slots this mod is making completely useless by getting rid of salvage/leadership. Like for reals what is the point of getting epic cards from my 11 characters when i can' get salvage from em. Doesn't even have to be full value or for zen just something anything.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    So will our Epic Dungeon Chest Keys we have be turned into reroll tokens on the change? Because I have a lot. I mean a LOT of them from VIP and if even a fraction of them were to become useless.. well.

That would be.. displeasing.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    tgwolf said:

So will our Epic Dungeon Chest Keys we have be turned into reroll tokens on the change? Because I have a lot. I mean a LOT of them from VIP and if even a fraction of them were to become useless.. well.

That would be.. displeasing.

Yes it is.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Umm if your ad is nerfed and are asked to donate to stronghold and get nothing(small guilds do not have mw for charts) or make ad YOU WILL NOT DONATE.

So they are removing donations from guilds and sh progression is being nerfed. this is an elitist move and was not thought out

I don't think equipment donations should be worse in most cases. Getting equipment from seals to donate to the coffer wasn't very efficient(after the nerf to the river district HE's anyway). Now that you won't be able to salvage rare and epic drops I think the equipment donations will increase.

As far as the sharandar, dread ring, icewind dale, and ToD currency donations, those won't take much of a hit from this. The RAD conversion for sharandar, dread ring and ToD only use one of the currencies and if the conversion rate to AD stays the same in the campaign store will take a lot of time to get 1K RAD. So those I don't see it affecting. For Icewind dale it uses all three currencies but you would be limited to 3k RAD a day so I don't see that being a RAD source and don't see it being hard to convince someone that the SH coffer would be better suited for that.

So what am I missing?
  • Options
    strathkin said:

Now that VIP no longer will give keys, what will it be replaced with? Re-roll tokens?

Yes the epic key rewards have been swapped out for reroll tokens.

The Salvage Anvil Summon has been changed to a Seal Trader summon.
    I guess while everybody wanted a SEAL trader, now that you can't get rad with Rare or Epic gear, I don't even know if that's highly desirable anymore.
    You can't trade Seals -> rings -> AD any more, but you can trade Seals for AD directly.
    strathkin said:

I mean it's handy but I'm guessing the most we can do with old Gear is now sell for GOLD. I'm also highly confused if we sell items for currency by the Auction House what we can even BUY the currency she offer's? Cause I seem to see what she's BUYING and offering currency, yet I don't know where to buy anything with the currency she is offering us.

Perhaps I'm just stupid and missed it though?

The South Seas Trading person gives you currency to upgrade your workshop.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    One think to note is the re-roll tokens should make Illusionist’s Gambit farming for epic companion gear easier. This, in turn, might increase diversity of companions for at least mid-tier characters since you will not need the ring-ring-ring companion to keep your costs down.
  • Options
    jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I think boons are going to be harder to get if everyone is stripping mobs to get currency for AD runs.

I can see myself searching for the instance with the lowest population just to do daily quests.
  • Options
    sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @pitmonster#5684 said:
    > One think to note is the re-roll tokens should make Illusionist’s Gambit farming for epic companion gear easier.

How so? Have they added a chest to IG? If so what's the currency required to make the key? I'm on console so no access to the preview shard. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sjza80 said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

> One think to note is the re-roll tokens should make Illusionist’s Gambit farming for epic companion gear easier.

How so? Have they added a chest to IG? If so what's the currency required to make the key? I'm on console so no access to the preview shard. Thanks in advance.

Good point, IG doesn't have a Chest so there's nothing to reroll.

IG should have a chest instead of automatic loot. Better yet, IN ADDITION to auto-loot, because now the extra companion gear won't be extra AD from salvage.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

sjza80 said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

Good point, IG doesn't have a Chest so there's nothing to reroll.

IG should have a chest instead of automatic loot. Better yet, IN ADDITION to auto-loot, because now the extra companion gear won't be extra AD from salvage.
    Seconded. I think IG is the only skirmish/trial that only have autoloot. Both Underdark skirmishes, Demogorgon, Tiamat and everything else I can think of off the top of my head have both. I never quite understood why IG only had one.
    Though that may have to do with the prizes in the autoloot being seen as more valuable? If so I'm not so sure that'd be the case post-mod 15 and they really need to add a chest.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    sjza80 said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

Ahhhh, your right, did not think of that.
  • Options
    brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Has anybody a complete list of AD gained through activities?

Actually on preview (solo), i got :
    500RAD for master of hunt
    1500RAD for dread legion

In the end, it would be nice to have a complete view on it :)
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

1500RAD for dread legion

Those two weren't really a way to earn RAD previously(master of the hunt always seemed to give around 350 RAD). I think occasionally I would get from dread legion but was rare. So I really didn't expect much from those.

But say from Throne, Prophecy, Gambit, folly, demogorgon, tiamat, and anything else that you had chances of getting a salvage drop with gold I would expect those to have something for completing gold and then extra AD upon opening the chest (if you have a key for it since those didn't have the chest you opened with epic or daily key)

I had tried to queue into some of those but haven't had any luck to find people to try them out myself. Hoping to get more time to do that this weekend
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2018

1500RAD for dread legion

The master of hunt has an additional chest that can be re-roll (1-6k rad)
    The dread legion and IG, dont have such chests
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    mushellka said:

1500RAD for dread legion

The master of hunt has an additional chest that can be re-roll (1-6k ad)
    The dread legion and IG, dont have such chests
    Oh that's a good catch.

I strongly strongly STRONGLY advise devs to redo IG so that epic keys replacements can be used on IG. Only reason to run gold is to try and get purple companion gear, and making the reroll tokens work for that would be super helpful.
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    dungeon what to do to collect the seal to do.What do we do for 100k so many times to go into the dungeon and 1k of raw astral salvage why are we not getting deleted? everything that is already evident from within the dungeon will fall I don't understand what your purpose is everything that makes switching from the game to cool people is made more difficult a procedure actually , I think he spent hours with guys for money 100k every day, these people in real life you don't think you do have something to work in your social life this year.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    [9/29 14:36] [Inventory Notify] You received 1,000 Refinement Points.
    [9/29 14:36] [Inventory Notify] You lost 1,500 50% Bonus Rough Astral Diamonds.
    [9/29 14:36] [Inventory Notify] You received 6,500 Rough Astral Diamonds

From overflow - 5K AD. I'm a bit sad since those rarely pop for me. :'(

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Why be sad? Be happy, they'll pop more frequently now (if not all the time), it's just not 30,000 in one shot anymore.
  • Options

Why be sad? Be happy, they'll pop more frequently now (if not all the time), it's just not 30,000 in one shot anymore.
    I didn't see where they mentioned that they were adjusting the amount and drop rate. I might have missed it unless, of course, we're assuming they'll adjust it now that the reward amount is lower.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > I didn't see where they mentioned that they were adjusting the amount and drop rate. I might have missed it unless, of course, we're assuming they'll adjust it now that the reward amount is lower.

Can't find where it was said, if it was, but I've opened about 6 so far and if I remember correctly 5 of them had RAD (1k-5k).
  • Options

> @majorcharvenak said:

> I didn't see where they mentioned that they were adjusting the amount and drop rate. I might have missed it unless, of course, we're assuming they'll adjust it now that the reward amount is lower.

Can't find where it was said, if it was, but I've opened about 6 so far and if I remember correctly 5 of them had RAD (1k-5k).

Sounds good then. B)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    BUG: The second chest in skirmish "Master of Hunt" take 5k AD, instead of reroll token.

In addition, in my opinion, the key needed to open the chest should be produced in the Sharandar campaign. Mystic dragon key is a bit pointless.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    mushellka said:

BUG: The second chest in skirmish "Master of Hunt" take 5k AD, instead of reroll token.

In addition, in my opinion, the key needed to open the chest should be produced in the Sharandar campaign. Mystic dragon key is a bit pointless.

I never really understood why this chest takes a epic dungeon key instead of a campaign currency (Sharandar) key. Same for Dread Legion skirmish.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.