test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refinement: Technical Details

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Various lockbox packs drop stones and marks that will be obsolete. The stones will be possible to crunch into RP at their max value presumably indefinitely, but will the script that converts old marks into the new enchantment stones run on acquisition of any new items, or will all the past boxes have to be updated to take them into account?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    I've seen some discussion in different places on Tenebrous which isn't quite accurate so I updated the chart to be more clear. The proc chance increases with additional enchants, the percentage of hitpoints done in damage does not. So the max would be 7% of hit points at a 28% chance.
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

What tier of Enchantment Stones will drop in new dungeon?
    And what tier will be converted from old marks?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited September 2017

About the Empowered Runestones... HP is usually 4x other stats. So considering you're getting 2000 for other stats, HP should've been 8000... 32000 is quite certainly a mistake... @noworries#8859

All enchantments are messed up wrt. HP... R13 Radiants give 3500 instead of 3400, Dual-stat enchants give 2200 HP instead of 2300... Triples give 2400 instead of 2800... It MUST be x4, else everything goes wrong.

Also, the enchantment stats are way off... Please run through them again... Empowered is the most glaring example... 32000 HP is equivalent to 8000 of other stats

@noworries#8859
    Empowered was specifically set high to make it an interesting viable option. There has obviously been some players chatting about this so I'd enjoy hearing different opinions on that numbers and if they should be brought down some (I think 8000 is too low to make them something players might use, but maybe people feel that is enough).
    I think it depends. Do the extra HP carry over to a player via bondings or eldritch? If not, then I would leave the HP right threre, as the base HP of companions is really pitiful against level 70+ opponents.

I have a question regarding companion stats in general: when I look at them, they seem really pathetic compared to player stats (1000 here, 2000 there, etc.) On a player these stats would be really awful, so it begs the question: do companions use the same stat curves as players?

Edit: just went over the updated tables. With a 1/8 chance to proc and an 8s cooldown, I really think the serene runestone needs a boost. In practical terms it means that a companion will have taken quite a few hits on average between procs, and they have much lower HP and defense than players (assuming the stat curves for defense are the same).

70% boost from a rank 14 indomitable??? You just made certain Powries VERY happy! :naughty:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

@noworries#8859

Superior drops in the new dungeon.

The marks convert over to the same tier on a 1 for 1 basis, and where those marks used to drop the new enchantment stones will drop.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

nirafelos said:

@noworries#8859 Can you please provide the estimated cost of an Ultimate Mark of Power? I realize that this variable may still be in flux, but a ballpark estimate would be helpful in trying to wrap my head around the changes. Is it 2x a SMoP? 5x? 10x?

125k AD for a UMoP

oh really?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited September 2017

nirafelos said:

@noworries#8859 Can you please provide the estimated cost of an Ultimate Mark of Power? I realize that this variable may still be in flux, but a ballpark estimate would be helpful in trying to wrap my head around the changes. Is it 2x a SMoP? 5x? 10x?

125k AD for a UMoP

oh really?
    Yes really, preview builds are known to have some bugs in them as things are still being tested. The price will be 125k
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. Was curious which one was wrong. I assume it all is WIP ... including what that devs say :D

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

@noworries#8859

Superior drops in the new dungeon.

The marks convert over to the same tier on a 1 for 1 basis, and where those marks used to drop the new enchantment stones will drop.
    Will the Major Enchanting Stone be unbound?

Also, the tooltip says "rarely". I have a super bad feeling about this... but by "rarely", what would you estimate the drop chances to be?

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The marks arent converting (the existing ones) to the new Enchantment Stones - just tested on preview.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

About the Empowered Runestones... HP is usually 4x other stats. So considering you're getting 2000 for other stats, HP should've been 8000... 32000 is quite certainly a mistake... @noworries#8859

All enchantments are messed up wrt. HP... R13 Radiants give 3500 instead of 3400, Dual-stat enchants give 2200 HP instead of 2300... Triples give 2400 instead of 2800... It MUST be x4, else everything goes wrong.

Also, the enchantment stats are way off... Please run through them again... Empowered is the most glaring example... 32000 HP is equivalent to 8000 of other stats

@noworries#8859
    Empowered was specifically set high to make it an interesting viable option. There has obviously been some players chatting about this so I'd enjoy hearing different opinions on that numbers and if they should be brought down some (I think 8000 is too low to make them something players might use, but maybe people feel that is enough).
    Oh... Thanks for clarifying that. With that I think its best to remove all HP sources from the character and use other stats instead and leave HP to empowered stones.
    FrozenFire
  • Options

@noworries#8859
    Oh... Thanks for clarifying that. With that I think its best to remove all HP sources from the character and use other stats instead and leave HP to empowered stones.
    That only works if you are using an augment.

• Options
    Currently Unparalleled Dread has 80% crit severity and the same debuff. Unparalleled Vorpal however has 55% crit severity and a 1% increased debuff. Why was Vorpal given more relative crit severity and a debuff increase while Dread was left with only 5%?

• Options
    thuzkawthuzkaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User

@noworries#8859
    I feel that leaving the empowered at 32k is for the better. Better to have a number of choices when it comes to builds rather than the meta. BiS is boring yet one feels compelled to follow the trend, keeping the empowered as is, gives augmented companions a fair chance for defensive builds. I'll admit I do main a Paladin and I foresee that using empowered gives me choices when tanking, I want to stray away from the power / crit set up and the max HP set up might just be what I'm after. Lowering the empowered 32k will ultimately make me stop playing the Paladin, due to lack of choices.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I realize some don't like the Bonding changes... I'm one of the few who actually look forward to them as I think there are indeed very fair and will look to continue upgrading many of the bondings I have but in some cases may also pair them up with 1 other Runestone depending on the class or feat choices I've made. I'm also happy some many other companions will once again have expanded choices to consider. There are so many positive updates many have not looked into or completely ignored which is unfortunate.

Many have pushed for some time removing having to sacrifice R7-R9 Enchantments or Runestones in the upgrading process; this makes things significantly cheaper and should encourage many others to upgrade along with some new items to consider. Most Runestones have been upgraded out of the Junk category and could be good to pair in a Striker, Controller, Leader or Defender with 1-2 bondings now depending on your class or feat choices. It's not just a one size fits all solution anymore although many will still prefer 3 bonding stones.

A R14 Bonding still provides almost a 4 to 1 benefit over a R14 Eldrtich when you get both the +1050 buff & a augment boost more than 2.5x higher.

Another huge benefit is to Refinement Changes. Not having to hoard bags of space for 2xRP but still having the freedom to move stones or RP items between characters or even sell. I hope this will open up more RP showing up in Epic Dungeons Chests, aside from dropping from Dragon Hoard or other Enchantments or Mount bonuses similar to what we see from just IG or Tiamat today. Possibly even a few more Bosses dropping them during bonus RP events as well in addition to expanded Leadership rewards or Rare special projects during the event.

I try to be an optimist as I think there is a lot of good things hopefully coming in the pipeline. <3
  • Options
    tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Has anyone tested to upgrade a new green artifact to blue?
    This is a pain, because you have to click the refine button 29 times (one for each rank).
  • Options
    dogis#8617 dogis Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Guys is any info about new 13th weapon's/armor's stones !?
    please screens if possible , thank you.
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Changes to the refining system were long overdue, but, I've a question about when this changes goes live.

Will enchantments and runestones with the refining points added in but still unupgraded lose their refining points?
    Post edited by tanais58crane on
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I've seen some discussion in different places on Tenebrous which isn't quite accurate so I updated the chart to be more clear. The proc chance increases with additional enchants, the percentage of hitpoints done in damage does not. So the max would be 7% of hit points at a 28% chance.

Talking about enchants I saw you reduced some Armor enchants cooldowns a bit and displayed the % weapon damage, but man this will not change anything nor making them more attractive as long as these "weapon damage" don't scale with anything. It is exactly the same problem as prebuff % Weapon Enchantment such as Lightning one who was absolutely trash because flat low damages. Make them work the same way Weapon Enchantments % damage work right now and they're all viable.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I guess it has been mentioned before, but due to how the difference between single, dual and triple stat enchantments have been, wouldn't it be more reasonable for a R14 dual stat enchant to be 600/600 in offfense and defense slots?
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Basically, with no more 2x refinement events AND removing feeding on same type of arti gear you effectively reduce the RP value of all the artifact gear 4 times and the devs pretend to talk about "now will be easier". I just did the try of converting my legendary puissance belt to RP and then feed the RP I get on a "blank" lvl1 puissance belt and I've got just up to level 40. You just get the usual 20%, but without having the chance to double it by feeding on same type or 2x events.

Its extremly obvious that on next mod they are planning to replace every weapon set, belt and neck so they are preparing the ground to make sure the people will loose 80% of their RP value before that. Currently on main hands you get permanent 2x event, we just moved from permanent bonus to you "will never get anything and I laugh at your face saying its easier".
  • Options
    andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can anyone post a screenshot of Unparalled Negation for me....thanks :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    These two very differently named items look far too similar. With the existence of Greater Marks of Potency, I think that the Enchanting Stone names should be moved around to match. You should be using Superior Enchanting Stones at the same time as Superior Marks of Potency, and Ultimate Enchanting Stones at the same time as Ultimate Marks of Potency.

Currently the tiers line up like this:
    Potency - Enchanting Stone
    Normal - None
    Greater - Normal (should have been given a name such as "Average" to allow querying it on the auction house)
    Superior - Greater
    Ultimate - Superior

I understand that making them match would mean that Enchanting Stones would start at Greater, but it would definitely be less confusing.

... You can't tell me this isn't confusing:

Post edited by darthtzarr on

• Options
    syxoooosyxoooo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

Gemstones:
    RankRefinement Points
    Quartz (new)1
    Faintly Glowing Citrine10
    White Pearl10
    Amethyst (new)25
    Peridot50
    Black Pearl (new)100
    Aquamarine150
    Resplendent Citrine180
    Dravite250
    Emerald (new)250
    Dread Spinel2500
    Flawless Sapphire500
    Black Opal1000
    Amnian Jadeite2500
    Blood Ruby5000
    Alexandrite (new)10000
    Brilliant Diamond25000
    Violet Diamond (new)50000
    Teal Diamond (new)100000

The Dread Spinel 2500 RP , is correct ?

Leader of Pure Evil, Sword Guild in the Primacy Alliance.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Also, it'd be nice if the animation while upgrading is removed. While you expect it to create suspense, you can see the items changing in your inventory :p so all it does is make the refinement process clunky.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Currently the tiers line up like this:
    Potency - Enchanting Stone
    Normal - None
    Greater - Normal (should have been given a name such as "Average" to allow querying it on the auction house)

Maybe rename "normal" items to "Standard"? Minor mark of potency, lesser mark of potency, standard mark of potency, greater mark of potency, etc etc. It would make finding them on the auction house much easier. Same with various enchantments.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

Armor/Weapon Enhancement Ranks:

RankChance SuccessRP RequiredMaterials
    Shard->Lesser1%09 Identical Shards
    Lesser->Average1%50005x Greater Potency
    Average->Greater1%1500010x Greater Potency + 3x Enchatment Stones
    Greater->Perfect1%3000015x Greater Potency + 6x Enchantment Stones
    Perfect->Pure1%4000010x Superior Potency + 3x Greater Enchantment Stones
    Pure->Transcendent1%5000015x Superior Potency + 6x Greater Enchantment Stones
    Transcendent->Unparalleled1%5500010x Ultimate Potency + 3x Superior Enchantment Stones

I just want to have a sanity check.

Am I right that the cost to upgrade from Perfect -> Pure and Pure -> Trans will be increased for the RP rich people?

Perfect -> Pure
    Now: 622K RP + 5 SMOP + 3 Blue Stone
    Will be: 40K RP + 10 SMOP + 3 Greater Enchantment stones.

Pure -> Trans
    Now: 1088K RP + 5 SMOP + 3 Greater stone
    Will be: 55K RP + 15 SMOP + 6 Greater Enchantment stone.

We can farm RP consistently through various utility enchantments and leadership.
    For me, the cost of RP is virtually zero.
    We cannot farm SMOP and Greater stone consistently from anything.

Since the demand of RP will be dramatically decreased, so will the price of RP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***