test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Message From The Neverwinter Management Team' - Questions.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

In other games its pretty simple. The player has to be present at all times playing their character in the game. So yes hire some staff and get them in game. Find your likely bot. Move next to them and address them by name [talk to them in the game.] by whisper, then Zone Chat etc etc and if there is no response then maybe give a short immediate ban. This means an active player with an active toon wont get banned by mistake?

Just write the name of game company, which actually did as u claim.
    They did this in LoTRO, at last a few years back. It was like, never ignore pms or you might get a ban for 1 week. Happened to a guild member.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User

< And you expect people to be civil about it? Give me a break.

I always expect people to be civil. Unfortunately war can also be considered civil.

.......THEY are allowed to be upset and tell everyone what happened to them.......

Not on these forums they won't, we're forbidden to talk about two topics, specific bans, which would include themselves if they had gotten banned and I shall re-quote kreatyve's post on page 3 below for the second because I'm unsure if I'm even allowed to tell you it's a rule.
    kreatyve said:

General note: Discussing moderation is still not allowed. If you have an issue or question about moderation of this or any other thread, please contact a moderator or @nitocris83. Thanks.

Oh, trust me, they will find a way.

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you all a heads up that this thread will be closed on Monday, June 5. The thread will be left here as an archive and reference for both players and the Dev team. Closing this thread does not signify end of discussion in a broader sense, simply that this thread has become somewhat circular in nature and at risk to become disruptive.

Thanks to everyone who provided constructive feedback and questions on this topic.

Ok....so we can expect a final statement on monday for all the questions they where made? Like:
    Why did so many innocent players got banned?

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    asterotg said:

They did this in LoTRO, at last a few years back. It was like, never ignore pms or you might get a ban for 1 week. Happened to a guild member.

I wrote in my previous post, that this all stuff is just having one or couple active GM inside game.. And this whole situation is nothing new.
    spideymt said:

Ok....so we can expect a final statement on monday for all the questions they where made? Like:
    Why did so many innocent players got banned?

Lets see mostly questions where how many where banned and unbanned.. And obviously u will not get that data.
    For what reason players got banned? Also due avoiding reveal methodology staff will not provide information.

How avoid of being banned? Well obviously don't use bots, and avoid having activities similar to bot,(massive bot like spam).
    And other part of this question will not be discussed anyways.

So what other questions u have?

And last your question why lot of innocent where banned.. Firstly non one than staff know how many guilty ones got banned in process.. Also do you know how many where innocent? Last time I checked, staff didn't provide any data/list of players how many where banned and for whom ban where lifted. So how can u claim that there where lot of innocent?

Next cool thing, if guilty players are like 80% of all banned ones. Then it's normal thing, and it's same way goes in other mmorpg games. After all there is no perfect game security..

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    You can fnd the question in this thread. Just open your eyes and look for the community, NOT for cryp. Thanks a lot.

• Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    LoTRO, has a 3 lvl attention thing, in the chat pane they have a color/font reserved for their chat. Most players see it and respond, it's usually a response to something you quiried like I 'm stuck or item X is missing, a nice quick chat usually resolves things, afterwards they ask if you need anything else and would you take a service poll.

BUT, when they need your attention and need it hard, like witness to prohibited stuff etc. They got big, bold, flashy letters smack in the middle of the screen that you can't miss, that will tell you usually like to hit the private chat key and respond now!! If that don't get you to respond in like 5m, they kick your game. If you try and log back in, it tells you that you are in a GM responsvee que and you will have to wait until your number ticks up to converse with them before they will turn it back on for you.

I was AFK when my toon got to the 2nd level, happy for me I came back while it was just the middle text thingy. I was able to answer what they wanted to know and nothing bad happened. My relation had the 3ed lvl happen when they was AFK, but nothing bad happened other than having to wait to log in, they just wanted a couple answers and patted her head on she went. It was mostly seeing a repetitive action going on and seeing if you were a real person. My case someone complained about griefer cleaning out all the quest mobs repeatedly, checking to see if it was a bot (they wouldn't respond to mine and other players PMs)

But all this ^^^^ is an example of how to do RIGHT, not wrong. A actual human checking, not scripts, trying to contact the player BEFORE a ban rather than after the fact. The GM had the ability to pull logs etc. to confer with players to either confirm or refute, before punitive action was taken, not a "we know you're guilty, prove you aren't" stance.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    spideymt said:

You can fnd the question in this thread. Just open your eyes and look for the community, NOT for cryp. Thanks a lot.

It's you who had to open eyes for one moment.
    If u read posts from staff and moderators. You would understand that, Cryptic/PWE staff are bound by rules not to reveal data about certain matters.

1) how many players where banned in process and how many where unbanned. In order to provide that data, you need approval from corporations managers. And if u think it's opposite, just ask any other game publisher, and u will get same answer as Cryptic/PWE provided.

2)How to not get banned?
    It's same as revealing methodology how u dealing with bot/exploit users. So naturally no one gonna reveal data how bypass security.. And next, use common sense/logic, don't use bots and u will not be banned.

So what other questions u have huh?

============================
    matthattr said:

This methodology, have one big flaw and it's language barrier.. For games who publish it by regions separated, Eu publish x team, NA other team, SEA other team, SA other team. Then perhaps it would work.
    But NWO have 2 servers, RU and dragoon which is global. So that means players around globe play in one server. And english is not only one language around globe. If you like from Korea and don't speak/read/write english and Gm drop message on your screen, How you would respond? How can u know is Gm simply wrote you hello, or write like, I need to talk with you. or etc.

As good example, I played one Korean exclusive mmorpg durint it's beta testing. Some Gm's where running inside game, and I received message from staff, " 안녕하세요 " How you would replay?
    And that moment I had no clue what that mean, so via voice chat asked one of guild/clan member to translate me... So GM simply wrote me hello,. But I where unable to answer, because I don't know how write in Korean language :P
    So even If I don't use any bots/scripts/exploits or abuse game bugs, I would be banned due failure to respond.

And due that I don't think this way would work in NWO as good as in other mmorpg games.. I had in guild player who write and speak russian, and little bit understand in english. Have guild member who is from germany who only with google translate help can have conversation with me.
    Also I where in parties during dungeon runs with france players, where in spain party. Now imagine situation, they write in chat or talk via voice chat, and you have no clues what they talk/write about.
    Now, need to remind that there are romanian players too, greece players, heck even korean. :P

So Gm should be able write/talk at least in 4 most common languages.. :P

Moderator edited out flaming.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

spideymt said:

It's you who had to open eyes for one moment.
    If u read posts from staff and moderators. You would understand that, Cryptic/PWE staff are bound by rules not to reveal data about certain matters.

1) how many players where banned in process and how many where unbanned. In order to provide that data, you need approval from corporations managers. And if u think it's opposite, just ask any other game publisher, and u will get same answer as Cryptic/PWE provided.

2)How to not get banned?
    It's same as revealing methodology how u dealing with bot/exploit users. So naturally no one gonna reveal data how bypass security.. And next, use common sense/logic, don't use bots and u will not be banned.

============================
    matthattr said:

This methodology, have one big flaw and it's language barrier.. For games who publish it by regions separated, Eu publish x team, NA other team, SEA other team, SA other team. Then perhaps it would work.
    But NWO have 2 servers, RU and dragoon which is global. So that means players around globe play in one server. And english is not only one language around globe. If you like from Korea and don't speak/read/write english and Gm drop message on your screen, How you would respond? How can u know is Gm simply wrote you hello, or write like, I need to talk with you. or etc.

As good example, I played one Korean exclusive mmorpg durint it's beta testing. Some Gm's where running inside game, and I received message from staff, " 안녕하세요 " How you would replay?
    And that moment I had no clue what that mean, so via voice chat asked one of guild/clan member to translate me... So GM simply wrote me hello,. But I where unable to answer, because I don't know how write in Korean language :P
    So even If I don't use any bots/scripts/exploits or abuse game bugs, I would be banned due failure to respond.

And due that I don't think this way would work in NWO as good as in other mmorpg games.. I had in guild player who write and speak russian, and little bit understand in english. Have guild member who is from germany who only with google translate help can have conversation with me.
    Also I where in parties during dungeon runs with france players, where in spain party. Now imagine situation, they write in chat or talk via voice chat, and you have no clues what they talk/write about.
    Now, need to remind that there are romanian players too, greece players, heck even korean. :P

So Gm should be able write/talk at least in 4 most common languages.. :P

p.s @jumpingmorks , I always like when you hit dislike button. Star to think that you are my fan XD
    One thing is for sure at the moment. Dont use bots and you wont get banned is not right. Dont use bots and you might get unbanned sounds more like it atm.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options

2)How to not get banned?

Where do you read any posts from moderators/staff about this matter?

1. You have to read my post much better. I said i know its not possible ( and i dont want that either!!) to give us datas, but i wanna knwo things like
    - how many chars can you have to make profession and you dont get on the "radar" ( you know ...this "nice" fair us policy)
    - why is it so impossible to make a clear statement, why this bannwave was such a mess?
    - its onvious they banned a lot innocent players. What will they do in the future that thsi wont happen again? Any plans?

2. You still think they only banned bots and WE must use common sense?? Open your eyes plz.

Theese SOME of the questions. If you got noone, its ok. But i have some and i hope we all can read a statement with some answers. I thnk we deserve that.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    In the banner at the top of this page is Support. Click that and send them an email to state your case.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
This discussion has been closed.