test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

The fact that the parcels are not what they were supposed to be, is enough for me to want my money back so that I can spend it fairly. Trying to figure out if I'm getting my gifts or not. And by the way 110$ isn't an inconvenience,its a slap in the face to the community playing the game

thanks for the email though it at least got me here.

I don't mean to seem rude at all, but if the event is flawed at all, it's flawed too much to be payed for. that being said I'd like all my money back

please and thank you null

null

Yeah same issue same horse

You want all your money back over some unidentified gear that you probably would have discarded anyways?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

As much as I feel you guys are giving back even more than you really need to I'm kind of curious as to why you split into teams to do sections of the alphabet for just Xbox instead of splitting into teams to each do a different platform...I'm not all that bothered by it as I don't have a whole lot of parcels coming back my way but I know quite a few PS4 players that feel a little bit peeved over the fact you got Xbox done in a matter of hours and haven't even got to PS4 yet

I would not be so "matter of hours" dismissive of multiple people working a 13-hour shift.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • captkevy2000captkevy2000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Are we expecting to see parcels coming out today and if so is there an approximate time that we can start seeing them
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Are we expecting to see parcels coming out today and if so is there an approximate time that we can start seeing them

from what was said above I think ps4 will be lucky to see it before xmas. sounds like they don't have a fix for not doing it manually yet.
  • captkevy2000captkevy2000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

from what was said above I think ps4 will be lucky to see it before xmas. sounds like they don't have a fix for not doing it manually yet.
    I can understand the need for an automated method, however to continue getting people their items shouldn't it be done manually in the meantime until the automation is active. As a person that spent a lot on this event I would like to see the ability to make some AD as other players that have already received their parcels...a delay gives an unfair advantage to players that have already received the parcels. Don't get me wrong I understand that players have to get them separately, but a flow stop of this does generate another issue that may not have been foreseen. At least this would be the case on Dragon since it was partly done. XBOX is done and PS4 hasn't been started so no where near the impact there.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    This fix is due a long and slow applause. Thank you @miasmat for your hard work and dedication trying to make the entire hive happy.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • cyprus#2779 cyprus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's the holidays...have some patience for the hard work the devs are putting in to correct this. Still plenty of time left in the event. I personally want to thank the devs for their dedication. I know the pain of working during my vacation or holiday & don't wish it on anyone. You guys are awesome for this. Don't work too hard, family is most important.
  • ladykushboo#1689 ladykushboo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Just hit the release button already, I want my gifts
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I want to thank the devs and all the lil elves that made the fix and expedited it quickly. Not only did your team correct the issues needing addressed, but you and your team exceeded my expectations for making all this right with me and the player base.

Happiest holiday to you and your families...you deserve it!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Does that mean we will have to wait till monday? I understand, just want to know.

All of my toons stat with S.. so I figure to get them all the same time.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Does that mean we will have to wait till monday? I understand, just want to know.

All of my toons stat with S.. so I figure to get them all the same time.

They're working on it during their vacation.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226509/starlight-parcel-items/p11
    miasmat said:

We powered through Xbox using several people in a very hands-on, manual process that took about 13 hours of focused copy-pasting. That was painful and expensive for us, so before starting the same thing on PS4, Russia and the rest of Dragon, we decided to find a more automated solution. That's what I did last night from 10 pm to 4 am. As people wake up and check their email (while on vacation), we'll figure out when we can get that rolled out to all the servers and start it churning through the rest of the replacements.

We will get everyone their goodies eventually!

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • bnlphan#7644 bnlphan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Has the work began on ps4 yet?
  • kooler#1416 kooler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am soon going on vacation myself. Couple of my guild mates also already went on vacation. So if it was possible to push all the xBox characters in one day, why PS4 did not get anything yet and no info on if work has even started. Sad news
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I am soon going on vacation myself. Couple of my guild mates also already went on vacation. So if it was possible to push all the xBox characters in one day, why PS4 did not get anything yet and no info on if work has even started. Sad news

Because the devs are on vacation with family too? Let them have some vacation, everybody deserve christmas with family and friends.
    miasmat said:

I spent the the day so far trying to automate this so I can "fire and forget" it for the remaining 2.5 shards. Alas, there's some technical stuff that makes this not possible without further shard maintenances, which I can't do on the weekend while people are off on vacation.
    The current status is:
    Xbox = everyone should have gotten their replacement parcels, except a couple hundred characters who had an error and we'll fix those specifically later.
    Dragon = Characters that start with symbols, A, B, C, D, E or M are done. I'll manually work through the rest of these over tonight and tomorrow.
    Drider = I haven't started. These may have to wait until Jan 2 when everyone is back in the office.
    PS4 = I haven't started. These may have to wait until Jan 2 when everyone is back in the office.

If you think you didn't get the replacements and you're on Xbox or Dragon in those letter ranges, send me a PM with your character, @handle and shard name. I'll look into it when I need a break from copy-pasting.

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to deliver on the "in the next 48 hours" estimate I thought it would take originally. Turns out things go much more slowly in reality than extrapolating out a small sample size.
    I did really enjoy reading all your names - there are some very creative, funny players out there.

Rest assured, when you opened these "bugged" parcels the first time, you missed out on the random level-appropriate unidentified items, blue or worse quality. You didn't miss out on any of the chase prizes. We didn't reset your "Opened" count, so the replacement parcels will have you opening more parcels in the "after 5, 15, 20 gifts" rewards for more chances at the mounts, companions and other chase items.

Over the course of this fix, we'll have given out about 1.5 million replacement parcels. But the super-star goes to one character who had opened about 1800 parcels himself. Wowzah!

Thank you all for your patience and encouraging words. We definitely learned we need a more reliable way to give out a bajillion items of specific counts to players. (The mechanisms we have have fallen to decay from disuse.)

thanks for spending the time on this. I wonder if the 1800 player finds it a blessing or a curse to get those 1800 reawarded to him. LOL. opening them is the short time.. finding parties to exchange 1800?? uff da!
  • cakeecarrot96cakeecarrot96 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    A mate with characters starting with R got his presents. Im still waiting on 2 starting with R 1K,S,N and T
  • zokrinnzokrinn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    SUGGESTION: Because some of us may not see our replacement gifts until the very end of the winter festival event, we are going to get a bunch of gifts with only 1-2 days left and not enough time to find gift parties/exchange the star of fortunes from the gifts we get. Can we get the event extended, or at the very least, have the Star of Fortune vendor stay out for a week-2 weeks after the event ends?
    zokrinn said:

SUGGESTION: Because some of us may not see our replacement gifts until the very end of the winter festival event, we are going to get a bunch of gifts with only 1-2 days left and not enough time to find gift parties/exchange the star of fortunes from the gifts we get. Can we get the event extended, or at the very least, have the Star of Fortune vendor stay out for a week-2 weeks after the event ends?

There is a Zenith for the event it is not over yet.
  • zokrinnzokrinn Member Posts: 25 Arc User

zokrinn said:

It ends on the 5th. It is going to be a MINIMUM of the 2nd before anyone on Drider and PS4 sees their replacement gifts.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    And the vendor usually hangs out in PE until the next patch/server reset after the event finishes. Lots of gift giving happens in the guard posts on the steps during those few days as people desperately try to use up their last gifts.
    zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

It ends on the 5th. It is going to be a MINIMUM of the 2nd before anyone on Drider and PS4 sees their replacement gifts.
    I feel the team is more than capable of getting them out in time fore those on the platforms once in Full force. They may extend it for them but with a full team working on it, it wont take as long.

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

I feel the team is more than capable of getting them out in time fore those on the platforms once in Full force. They may extend it for them but with a full team working on it, it wont take as long.
    the zenith ends on the 5th. he's right. time is going to be very tight for exchanging the gifts. I thought of that too.
  • thecomingdawn#0810 thecomingdawn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Im all for the devs enjoying their xmas holiday, id like to enjoy mine as well seeing as how spent my xmas money on this Secondly a week ago I lost a Shard of Orcus Wand after grinding for 3months and lost it cause the server crashed as i was claiming it, I was told by PWE there was nothing they could do, because they "CAN NOT MANUALLY ADD ITEMS TO AN ACCOUNT"! Well this proves that was a Lie,so if im waiting another week to recieve my parcels i hope it includes that Orcus Shard. Miasmat Thanks for all your incredible work and patients, im just a little ticked that PWE lied to me.

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

the zenith ends on the 5th. he's right. time is going to be very tight for exchanging the gifts. I thought of that too.
    There is a vendor who stays in PE till the next maintenance so it will be perfectly fine. They will have plenty of time. The people working on fixing this are trying their hardest and once the rest of the team get pack it will work out fine.
This discussion has been closed.