test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• kooler#1416 kooler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am soon going on vacation myself. Couple of my guild mates also already went on vacation. So if it was possible to push all the xBox characters in one day, why PS4 did not get anything yet and no info on if work has even started. Sad news
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I am soon going on vacation myself. Couple of my guild mates also already went on vacation. So if it was possible to push all the xBox characters in one day, why PS4 did not get anything yet and no info on if work has even started. Sad news

Because the devs are on vacation with family too? Let them have some vacation, everybody deserve christmas with family and friends.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    miasmat said:

I spent the the day so far trying to automate this so I can "fire and forget" it for the remaining 2.5 shards. Alas, there's some technical stuff that makes this not possible without further shard maintenances, which I can't do on the weekend while people are off on vacation.
    The current status is:
    Xbox = everyone should have gotten their replacement parcels, except a couple hundred characters who had an error and we'll fix those specifically later.
    Dragon = Characters that start with symbols, A, B, C, D, E or M are done. I'll manually work through the rest of these over tonight and tomorrow.
    Drider = I haven't started. These may have to wait until Jan 2 when everyone is back in the office.
    PS4 = I haven't started. These may have to wait until Jan 2 when everyone is back in the office.

If you think you didn't get the replacements and you're on Xbox or Dragon in those letter ranges, send me a PM with your character, @handle and shard name. I'll look into it when I need a break from copy-pasting.

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to deliver on the "in the next 48 hours" estimate I thought it would take originally. Turns out things go much more slowly in reality than extrapolating out a small sample size.
    I did really enjoy reading all your names - there are some very creative, funny players out there.

Rest assured, when you opened these "bugged" parcels the first time, you missed out on the random level-appropriate unidentified items, blue or worse quality. You didn't miss out on any of the chase prizes. We didn't reset your "Opened" count, so the replacement parcels will have you opening more parcels in the "after 5, 15, 20 gifts" rewards for more chances at the mounts, companions and other chase items.

Over the course of this fix, we'll have given out about 1.5 million replacement parcels. But the super-star goes to one character who had opened about 1800 parcels himself. Wowzah!

Thank you all for your patience and encouraging words. We definitely learned we need a more reliable way to give out a bajillion items of specific counts to players. (The mechanisms we have have fallen to decay from disuse.)

thanks for spending the time on this. I wonder if the 1800 player finds it a blessing or a curse to get those 1800 reawarded to him. LOL. opening them is the short time.. finding parties to exchange 1800?? uff da!
  • cakeecarrot96cakeecarrot96 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    A mate with characters starting with R got his presents. Im still waiting on 2 starting with R 1K,S,N and T
  • zokrinnzokrinn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    SUGGESTION: Because some of us may not see our replacement gifts until the very end of the winter festival event, we are going to get a bunch of gifts with only 1-2 days left and not enough time to find gift parties/exchange the star of fortunes from the gifts we get. Can we get the event extended, or at the very least, have the Star of Fortune vendor stay out for a week-2 weeks after the event ends?
    zokrinn said:

SUGGESTION: Because some of us may not see our replacement gifts until the very end of the winter festival event, we are going to get a bunch of gifts with only 1-2 days left and not enough time to find gift parties/exchange the star of fortunes from the gifts we get. Can we get the event extended, or at the very least, have the Star of Fortune vendor stay out for a week-2 weeks after the event ends?

There is a Zenith for the event it is not over yet.

zokrinn said:

It ends on the 5th. It is going to be a MINIMUM of the 2nd before anyone on Drider and PS4 sees their replacement gifts.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    And the vendor usually hangs out in PE until the next patch/server reset after the event finishes. Lots of gift giving happens in the guard posts on the steps during those few days as people desperately try to use up their last gifts.
    zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

It ends on the 5th. It is going to be a MINIMUM of the 2nd before anyone on Drider and PS4 sees their replacement gifts.
    I feel the team is more than capable of getting them out in time fore those on the platforms once in Full force. They may extend it for them but with a full team working on it, it wont take as long.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

I feel the team is more than capable of getting them out in time fore those on the platforms once in Full force. They may extend it for them but with a full team working on it, it wont take as long.
    the zenith ends on the 5th. he's right. time is going to be very tight for exchanging the gifts. I thought of that too.
  • thecomingdawn#0810 thecomingdawn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Im all for the devs enjoying their xmas holiday, id like to enjoy mine as well seeing as how spent my xmas money on this Secondly a week ago I lost a Shard of Orcus Wand after grinding for 3months and lost it cause the server crashed as i was claiming it, I was told by PWE there was nothing they could do, because they "CAN NOT MANUALLY ADD ITEMS TO AN ACCOUNT"! Well this proves that was a Lie,so if im waiting another week to recieve my parcels i hope it includes that Orcus Shard. Miasmat Thanks for all your incredible work and patients, im just a little ticked that PWE lied to me.

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

zokrinn said:

the zenith ends on the 5th. he's right. time is going to be very tight for exchanging the gifts. I thought of that too.
    There is a vendor who stays in PE till the next maintenance so it will be perfectly fine. They will have plenty of time. The people working on fixing this are trying their hardest and once the rest of the team get pack it will work out fine.
    kreatyve said:

Im all for the devs enjoying their xmas holiday, id like to enjoy mine as well seeing as how spent my xmas money on this Secondly a week ago I lost a Shard of Orcus Wand after grinding for 3months and lost it cause the server crashed as i was claiming it, I was told by PWE there was nothing they could do, because they "CAN NOT MANUALLY ADD ITEMS TO AN ACCOUNT"! Well this proves that was a Lie,so if im waiting another week to recieve my parcels i hope it includes that Orcus Shard. Miasmat Thanks for all your incredible work and patients, im just a little ticked that PWE lied to me.

I'm not a dev or customer service rep by any stretch of the imagination, but I do believe that there's a bit of a difference between confirming loot on something that didn't officially make it onto your account, and checking to see how many of a certain item you have purchased from the Zen store. I'm quite certain (especially after this) that all Zen store purchased are tracked in some way. Though I am sorry you missed out on your Orcus piece. I think I'd be upset over that too, though I would just chalk it up to bad luck.
    I appreciate your input, and i understand theres a difference it just bothered me that they simply dismissed it by saying adding something isnt possible when clearly it is and they can definitely see that ive spent nearly $3000 on this game in the past 4 months. And im a streamer so ive put in like 12 hrs a day for months,but it is what it is, Happy Holidays
    So anyhow PS4 users, you guys and gals looking forward to the Sea Of Moving Ice coming Jan 17, cant wait to see some new stuff
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    miasmat said:

F, G, H, I done on Dragon. I'll come back for more when my kid is asleep.

I don't know this Dev, but i like him/her a lot because of how they are handling this. :D. Attitude is everything.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    edited December 2016
    miasmat said:

Can we get some love with starting some characters at the opposite end of the alphabet? literally all my characters start with Z lmao.

Maybe Z, Y, X, W, V next? - for all the people who make weird character names that start at the end of the alphabet? :D
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

Can we get some love with starting some characters at the opposite end of the alphabet? literally all my characters start with Z lmao.
    Sorry I've been alphabetist. I'll start with Z when I get going again.
  • cubestar156cubestar156 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I haven't get mine yet on N, i have 10 chars with N :)
    zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

miasmat said:

miasmat said:

zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

You are a hero and a saint. Thank you so much!
    miasmat said:

zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

Ok, Zokrinn. You, your twelvebillion alts and the rest of the Zs are done on Dragon.
    edited December 2016
    miasmat said:

miasmat said:

zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

Ok, Zokrinn. You, your twelvebillion alts and the rest of the Zs are done on Dragon.
    miasmat said:

miasmat said:

zokrinn said:

miasmat said:

Thank you! I know I have a lot of alts, but I spend the time collecting the gifts on all of them each day :):):):):) Merry Christmas!!!

edit: Plus I spent 15,000 Zen on more of them because I can't get enough, I need more forgehammers!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    @miasmat

You are a legend! Thanks for your hard work.

Have a Merry Christmas! :)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    Okie dokie, A-K, M, Z done. Now it's time for the Land of Legolas.

I likely have made some mistakes along the way today, so once Dragon is done, I'll go back and double-check that I actually hit everyone that I meant to.
This discussion has been closed.