Options

Bonus rewards when charging Zen

Comments

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    That's some unfortunate MOLE RAT
  • Options
    taracole02#2851 taracole02 Member Posts: 2 New User
    If anyone gets any positive resolution please update us all. In the meantime, what do you suggest I do, , should I use my points, file a ticket...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I do, but I bought some from steam, and some from Arc. only my Arc purchase counted towards reward points.

It doesn't say on the news post what method to use, but on the redeem page is, "Only available via the Arc client or website."

Which... well... they are Arc reward points, from a promotion run by Arc, and those don't work with Steam.

Also this from the master sale page:
    "Arc Players: Save 50% on select item packs from Nov 23-28, plus adventurers who purchase Zen through Arc will unlock free items, including mounts like the Gilded White Steed, Ice Panther, Owlbear and more!"

Steam is only referenced as getting a discount on Zen itself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    More updates!

The team is working with customer support to best address the miscommunication. When I have more specifics, I'll let you know but I wanted to again reassure everyone that this is a priority.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I still have the original web page opened here. I just can't believe someone would go as low as changing the web page after the mistake was detected and thinking it would just go by unnoticed.
    I stupidly claimed the highest tier reward, which is the worst of them all. How silly can that be? I can't believe I fell for that scam.

A bound green mount. I hope it is as good and cool as a Cambion magus at least
  • Options
    socialnomad#0947 socialnomad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    What I found disturbing, bordering on unethical, is that they updated the rewards without issuing an official "Update" for those of us who didn't go back to the page after the change?

How was I to know that there was any changes? I made my purchase based on the original terms. Are shadow revisions like these illegal?
  • Options
    freyrofvanirfreyrofvanir Member Posts: 4 Arc User

What I found disturbing, bordering on unethical, is that they updated the rewards without issuing an official "Update" for those of us who didn't go back to the page after the change?

How was I to know that there was any changes? I made my purchase based on the original terms. Are shadow revisions like these illegal?

They are technically illegal. Especially since on the page it doesnt state that they can change it at anytime.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @beckylunatic
    On the first post, the one I read, several times to be sure, steam wallet was listed as acceptable payment method for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Edit:
    I don't really care whether or not I get the points I would have expected to get through steam, if I had been aware of the changes they made, since I don't want any of the stuff I couldn't afford already. However, that doesn't mean others don't want their points, or better yet, the reward they first promised.

I usually wait a week or more with collecting these rewards from rewards claim agent, and had it not been for the downtime last night, I wouldn't have gotten a darn thing from this promotion. In my world, that's not how professional businesses operate. That's how scammers operate. I might be slightly naive though, but when I make a purchase for something, I expect to get everything I bought, not just some of it, or nothing, which is almost what I ended up with.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    What's really weird is that I went back and bought another 1000zen because I wanted to extend my VIP another six months. So now I sit at 1550rp on the rewards page, but when I go to claim the 1000rp title I get the message "Redemption failed.
    There was an error when attempting to grant the item. Please try again later or contact Customer Support for assistance."
    Did they disable the reward page until things get sorted out? Or is my page just being wonky?
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

More updates!

The team is working with customer support to best address the miscommunication. When I have more specifics, I'll let you know but I wanted to again reassure everyone that this is a priority.

Thanks nitocris83!
  • Options
    blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Nevermind, user error
    Post edited by blorkvonlubb on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

On the first post, the one I read, several times to be sure, steam wallet was listed as acceptable payment method for this HAMSTER.

Edit:

I don't really care whether or not I get the points I would have expected to get through steam, if I had been aware of the changes they made, since I don't want any of the stuff I couldn't afford already. However, that doesn't mean others don't want their points, or better yet, the reward they first promised.

I usually wait a week or more with collecting these rewards from rewards claim agent, and had it not been for the downtime last night, I wouldn't have gotten a darn thing from this promotion. In my world, that's not how professional businesses operate. That's how scammers operate. I might be slightly naive though, but when I make a purchase for something, I expect to get everything I bought, not just some of it, or nothing, which is almost what I ended up with.

Okay, that might be something else that was edited later. Sorry. :/
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    now is there a ticket required or not, for getting the missing stuff?
    i have seen someone asking that before, but didnt see a statement
  • Options
    dinome15dinome15 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > More updates!
    >
    > The team is working with customer support to best address the miscommunication. When I have more specifics, I'll let you know but I wanted to again reassure everyone that this is a priority.

Thanks @nitocris83. I was hoping that maybe there was an update on how things have progressed today?
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

I still have the original web page opened here. I just can't believe someone would go as low as changing the web page after the mistake was detected and thinking it would just go by unnoticed.
    I stupidly claimed the highest tier reward, which is the worst of them all. How silly can that be? I can't believe I fell for that scam.

A bound green mount. I hope it is as good and cool as a Cambion magus at least

not the first time it happened. from the looks of the pattern not the last that it will. last time no update or similar wording after they did the update on the page. and the resolution (which was not even working when they first tried) took them months upon months.
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So can we get an update? I mean, we've got points sitting here with a ticking timer on them. How long does it take to figure out if you're fixing your HAMSTER or pissing everyone off more but sticking to the current amount of points?

Mod edit: Hamster filter manually applied.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    freyrofvanirfreyrofvanir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    do we need to submit a ticket for this ?
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I decided that submitting a ticket was best, just to be sure that I have something on record. My reply was along the general "thanks, we received your ticket and will get back to you" variety, but I'm of the opinion that it's better safe than sorry, particularly if you spent some of the points and/or "bought" duplicates of something that didn't give you more than one.

Just my opinion, not anything official, but I would recommend it.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Another thing - the calendar has a Winter Event Charge reward promo listed. The event details said something about getting a companion if you charge a certain amount, I think. (can't verify exact wording because the server is down now) It definitely referenced promo points, though.

With this new promo point thing, in addition to being all screwed up for this promotion period, they've made it so that the points with THIS promotion are going to expire before the new promotion starts.

Ugh. I'm just done with trying to support a game that seems intent on fleecing its players.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

do we need to submit a ticket for this ?

Probably, but until a statement have been made, I guess no one knows. Best to make one just in case I suppose.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Are we supposed to file tickets?
  • Options
    oninginryuoninginryu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User

Same here. They did not provide any information about the rewards, I chose the highest one thinking it would be the best one... This is nonsense, totally: epic mount (afaik unbound) = 10k, green bound mount = 20k (??????)...

• Options
    socialnomad#0947 socialnomad Member Posts: 12 Arc User

With this new promo point thing, in addition to being all screwed up for this promotion period, they've made it so that the points with THIS promotion are going to expire before the new promotion starts.

Ugh. I'm just done with trying to support a game that seems intent on fleecing its players.

It's been a couple of days and still no resolution while the deadline gets closer. Why even have these points expire?

• Options
    slevinthegreyslevinthegrey Member Posts: 7 Arc User

• Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2016

More updates!

Miscommunication? What miscommunication. We didn't get the points in the reward system for the Zen we purchased the way it was advertised. How is that a miscommunication? You need to honor you word and not hide behind 'miscommunication' especially when it is other people's money your dealing with.

And speaking on miscommunication, first you would have to have communication to have miscommunication.
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Hey guys,

It seems there was a huge misunderstanding over here about the way this particular charge reward functioned. We edited it out, but we're discussing what needs to be done for people who charged Zen under the impression get you all items below. I'll have a better response once we're back from the holidays.

What needs to be done is to give us the items you lead us to believe we would get.

Then revamp the system by not expiring the reward points and let people accumulate points when they buy ZEN at anytime. Let players purchase rewards from the rewards store where items are added/change periodically. You could feature Zen store items in the rewards store from time to time as incentives to purchase ZEN, Like buy 2000 Zen and get a CW, stuff like that. Use this system and don't deviate so there are no more "miscommunications"

Just remember because you edited out "you get all previous levels" does not remove your responsibility.

P.S. please come up with something to make the VIP stuff more enticing. I think moving PWs out of the Zen store and into the Trade Bar store would be a good start.
    Post edited by coolgeek357 on
  • Options
    ylathbaenre1ylathbaenre1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    At least it looks like they extended the timer on collecting. My timer is back up to 8 days now so at least we may get a response before the timer runs out.
  • Options
    morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User

At least it looks like they extended the timer on collecting. My timer is back up to 8 days now so at least we may get a response before the timer runs out.

Indeed, my timer has almost 9 days on it. I have been waiting for resolution on this before using any points to hopefully avoid adding more risk to the equation. I will continue to wait.

I would also like them to clarify the quality of the Ice Panther. It just seems so wrong the White Owlbear would be higher quality despite any uniqueness issues. Sure the Ice Panther looks cool but it should also be epic, especially since it takes 20k points to get. Why don't they post the stats of all the rewards to help us decide what we want?