What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• allmightymunky#3943 allmightymunky Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    *Applause* Even though this hasn't hit ps4 yet! lol
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    holy HAMSTER my whole post just got deleted and I don't know how it happened.

I will try to get most of what I was trying to say again... so frustrating

There needs to be a currency exchange vendor and the bind status change for intricate neverwinter gear (new armor, +5 rings, and … ).

The currency exchange vendor should already exist. There are so many different campaigns and so many different ways we enjoy our neverwinter experience. The Devs need to understand this, I absolutely hate to grind things out, there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel through which I will be able to advance my neverwinter experience.

Example:

Fashion has been brought up as one of the ways that people would like to be rewarded for opening a chest. Guess what, there is a vendor that already awards us with fashion sets:

The Gauntlgym Supplier.

He is part of the Maze Engine Campaign. You need alliance supplies to buy the fashion sets. These alliance supplies are obtained by completing quests from Bruenor Battelhammer in Mantol-Derith. There is no daily limit to the quest that you can get so it can be obtained by GRINDING these quests over and over again… BORING

With a currency exchange vendor we could use any/all stuff we enjoy doing in neverwinter and then exchanging that game play currency (campaign/dungeon) for alliance supplies and buy the fashion sets we desire while making it a more enjoyable experience. Good by grind, hello new fashion set.

The idea of a currency exchange vendor would be to focus the players game time on what they want next. Not everything experience need to be about RoI through AD generation. Though AD/ZEN is an intricate part of the game experience it shouldn’t be the only way through which to develop our avatars in neverwinter. I think the 9.5 million Zen backlog is issue because so much of the game is focused on AD generation and not much else.

Using a Currency Exchange vendor help with neverwinters playing experience by reducing some its more grindy element’s (remember many different players many different views on what is grind), reducing Zax backlog by removing the need to have every experience be about RoI based of AD, and make the game more enjoyable to players by allowing them to choose how they are rewarded for utilizing their game time.
    Post edited by uptondarkdiamond on
    edited October 2016

1. There are a lot of assets in neverwinter that don't see much interaction or updates. Like I already pointed out in this thread, the Seven Suns Coster Market has assets just sitting around waiting to be a intricate part of never winter. The problem is that they have absolutely nothing that would interest a level 70 player.... to bad. Instead of having to completely design new assets Cryptic really should use these assets and just update their wares. Using this approach I think would save the Dev's time and money. So, we have the vendors figured out.

Those marketplace vendors sell a ton of my favorite items for transmuting, unavailable anywhere else. Anyone hamsters with that and I am going to have to start cutting people.

Perhaps, I miss spoke, my apologies @beckylunatic (many player many different views).

My main point, that they need to be UPDATED, not necessarily have there current items removed.

Trying, to point out that the DEV's (maybe they are aware of this, I can't read minds) don't need to implement a whole new system. They have so many assets in the game that are not utilized or underutilized. We have heard money and time is short...

So, what i'm trying to say is that by adding new wares these vendor that take whatever currency (try to push for currency exchange vendor) they could speed up and save money for the whole "Dungeon Key Experience" but just updating those assets with more desirable wares, while also making the players neverwinter experience better to their individual play style.

That's is all, didn't mean to say that they currently do not have a use, just that there use is limited.

As, far as being able to by gear from them at different level, I am aware they have some useful items. However, it is my experience that just by playing through the quest lines you ultimately end up with equivalent of better gear anyhow. Also, that gear will not last long as level 1-60 tend to go fast and your gear gets updated almost as fast...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    thank you for consideration to look up, MK.

after this coming 10.5 mod with chest loot updates and keys.

please check into those special merchants on invoking coins with ardent and celestial, they hadnt been any updates.
    then try to find time for reworking on professions, leadership left a biggest mess and seem incomplete with broken questlines, we got stacks of refugees and maps went unused for months since ADs pulled out, and rest of other crafters need something usedul besides getting resources and low chances for unique recipes, also profession nodes need some rework, and may remove from overland zones to prevent excessive farming.

also, re-organize with zen, t-bar, and ADs shops so they dont overblend.

about those Gateway, why not make new "Companions' Adventures" like STO's duty officer or admirality missions, like some chance to find companion gear upgrades.

one more thing, please look over those overflow xp format, lot of players not happy with cheap random by getting tier 1/few rank 4's.

my reason for RNG should be only for those lockboxes, nowhere else because it is random luck for what items you get from dropped lockboxes, RNG shouldnt be everywhere and they are most hated. if you had worked in Star Trek, these questlines had plenty of loot or reward choices, and then using "R&D" to upgrade weapons or ship consoles.

sorry, i know it is alot to ask. most players want some sense of priority on these here, instead we get long series of nerfs that doesnt seem stop or get a break, we are trying to enjoy the game and chat with others but not liking to see some on friend list become inactive.

ideas.
    make key tab.
    consolidated ID scrolls as universal ID scrolls, dump those dropped tiers for good. D&D only used universal ID scrolls, i dont see any tier scrolls, but i hadnt play D&D tabletop in years, i played original 1970's D&D with friends and families, but not had use other revised editions, i just bought 5th edition, but they are too expensive to get all the books, in my area, other gamers prefer Pathfinder edition.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Another idea, I just thought about, and maybe it's been suggested here and my skimming over everything is why I thought about it, idk...

How about letting PC players earn the Legendary Dragon keys through the Foundry, and maybe giving the consoles some other way of earning them too. I realize that the consoles don't have the Foundry, and probably never will, but it is one of the current best things about the PC game, or well, SHOULD BE, but it needs so much love.

I don't pretend to know the reasons why the consoles don't have the Foundry, but maybe if Cryptic gave the Foundry enough love and support, Microsoft and Sony would allow the consoles to have the Foundry (if indeed that is what's holding it back).

im guessing it's the control interface. there is already such bad layout for keys on console I suspect they just don't have enough key combinations.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Epic+ gear, R8 enchants/runes, artifacts, artifact gear, epic insignia's, companions, mounts, cosmetics, wards, Greater/Superior Marks of Potency. Make it Bind to account on equip so we can trade pieces of gear we don't need for gear we do need. I should always want to run a dungeon for the rewards, not decide that running DHE's is as effective in terms of making AD.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

I'm an Economist and Accountant, stop saying what Demand and Supply is to me.

Nice reading comprehension there. What I was doing was telling you to stop acting as if knowing what supply and demand is gives your opinion more authority. Nowhere did I try to define the term.

We aren't talking about you buying SMoPs, but rather selling them, cheap isn't good there. *sigh* If you got an Orcus Wand every 5 runs do you think it'll still be 5mil?

...And here you follow up by insisting that only demand matters but not supply, while also failing to appreciate that excessive cost of necessary items is the problem, not the goal. In plainer language, no one should have to buy an Orcus wand at all, because they should be accessible via better loot tables or the sort of reward for grind system that I have elaborated elsewhere.

So if that qualifies you to be economist and an accountant, that explains a lot about the current state of the economy and brokerage houses.
    edited October 2016
    Putting all my post together, I am just trying to convey that I really desire system in which there is a non-RnG way to get gear through game play. I get burned out on trying to get gear that can be obtained only through RnG and it really does frustrate my overall gameplaying experience....

Please before you think I'm asking for the gear to be easy to get read what i have read "...through game play". In fact, i'm not asking it to easy, just to be obtainable. The Dev's want the new content to last for a certain amount of time, I completely understand that. With that said, I think they should have a time line by which we can obtain the new modules rewards either by the time they release new content or just slightly before they release it.

I'm also asking that they consider making this stuff available based on how people enjoy playing the game. There are so many different ways to enjoy this game. If I enjoy playing the game by dungeon delving, than I should be able to spend a majority of my time dungeon delving and while at the same time get closer to obtaining the new item.

The key is to balance this non-RnG method while still being able to display the new module in all its glory. I understand that people would still try to short cut the method doing the easy stuff (maybe grinding eLoL for currency to exchange for new items), in which case they could cap how much old currency can be exchanged for new currency through old content. There are ways to make this work.

The RnG experience is probably the most problematic thing for me to deal with. I play a lot, and I mean a lot of neverwinter (probably more than i should), and RnG seldom ever favors me.

Last thing I will say about this pertains to FBI like dungeon with new content. When there where more dungeons around we had 2 different versions of those dungeons, T1/T2. They differed mainly by number of adds/mob hit point/how hard they hit but essentially had the same mechanics to each boss fight and almost the same obstacles to over come, and obviously the loot that dropped.

FBI, is by far the hardest dungeon I have ever played in neverwinter, a T3. I really do like it, but it takes awhile to complete and the rewards, IMHO, are just not worth my effort. Also, diving right into this content can be difficult for some classes, GF tank for example, the bosses love to push you around and takes sometime getting used to as not many other dungeon bosses use push mechanics like that.

Ok, to the point. If there was a T2 version of FBI with the current loot structure, there would be a lot more people playing here, guarantee it. For future modes, please, if your going to add extremely difficult content have less difficult versions of the content which exposes veterans and new players to the new mechanics. This help make the whole experience enjoyable and provides exposure to the harder more extreme version of that content. Make the less difficult version available day 1 of the release, nothing says yes to new content like being able to enjoy most of what it has to offer right out the gate.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

...And here you follow up by insisting that only demand matters but not supply, while also failing to appreciate that excessive cost of necessary items is the problem, not the goal. In plainer language, no one should have to buy an Orcus wand at all, because they should be accessible via better loot tables or the sort of reward for grind system that I have elaborated elsewhere.

In brief, the ability to make millions of ADs from running dungeons is irrelevant if it is not necessary to spend millions of ADs in order to kit yourself out.

And then you can just diddle around and play whatever you want because it's FUN and not have to worry about whether or not it's the most profitable use of your time. (Except the stronghold hungers and there is no escaping it. /cry)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • estherpupestherpup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Everything needs to be looked at. Not just the dungeon/lockbox/whatever EVERYTHING. Take the Hero of the North pack for instance...

Improved Game Access

When server loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You pushed all the customers away making this obsolete! The only rewarding loot tables right now are the devs paychecks!

Many things lead to opening 1000+ chests and abandoning of the dungeons/skirmishes
    • +5 rings are near impossible to obtain
    • PoM is so bugged that it is not worth the time to run unless 3k+ IL
    • eGWD and eCC are way out of range for the common 1800-2200 IL players
    • Normal/most epic dungeons offer no more than AD farming for daily AD (ALL LOOT CAN BE BYPASSED! FOR MO GOODA STUFF, like HE farming for drowcraft)
    • We cannot even complete achievements for titles! You took most of the dungeon/skirmishes away! (I was an achievement HAMSTER in WoW, thousands of dungeons and quests for that alone!)
    • +1,2,3,4,5,6 enchants? Insulting for the work it takes to make that rank 12 just to run the damn thing. No fun in it after that.
    • Only thing worthwhile for the seals is weapon/armor enchants for the bots to sell back to us as transcendent's (Adventurer for +5 enchants is the best return, for RP)
    • +5 rings are near impossible to obtain
    • I have run hundreds of LoL to try to get the 16yr old girl in our guild her Horn of Blasting, NOTHING. Artifacts are near impossible to obtain from farming. Good thing those bots sell them on the AH or they would be in the 10mil range!
    • What about gold? We do need the stuff. I hate killing a boss and have 16 copper drop, makes me want to use my sentence enhancers on you...
    • Chests are completely ignored, making your additions of the mimics not worth ANY chests in ANY dungeon. And, if you decide to make them worthwhile, make the mimics random as we already know which ones they are...
    • Minor potions for lvl 70's? Like me telling my wife lets go do something fun, and her saying lets go to Chuckie Cheese's (or some other kiddie play land)... I'm not 10! Just like I'm not lvl 10!
    • +5 rings are near impossible to obtain!
    The solution is not more cultists, pay for items, more worthless grinds, broken content, broken class mechanics, +4 enchants, removal of necessary companion equipment, another I'm sorry companion, a pack of 5 preservation wards (unless its in the loot tables), another item to clutter our bags, or even demons... We need a COMPLETE GAME REWORK of loot tables, pay for items and gear progression.

MAKE THE DUNGEONS SCALE WITH US! The game is supposed to progress forward. That's what a reward is for correct? To move us forward? WHY are we scaled BACK?! Makes no damn sense to me. By moving the dungeons forward you will move the loot tables forward leading to at least something closer to worthwhile! This concept has BROKEN the loot tables and caused a schism in the player base! 2 separate dungeons. 2 separate events (demo and edemo). 2 separate guilds. Cant join my guild unless you are 3.5k+ IL... Ever seen that in PE between the AD farmers and bots?
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I completely agree @beckylunatic . I don't care how much AD I'm making as long as I can reach my gear goals in a rational timeframe.
  • mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I would just like to remind all players to keep in mind what the developers WANTED to do here and probably still will. The idea that they are listening and will fix the problems is appealing for any of us who still have hopes for this game, but ultimately this still leaves a bad taste.
    First it's perfectly reasonable for a company to want to make money, more so on F2P games to help with general upkeep! but there is a way to do this without blatantly HAMSTER over your customers. Rewards for in game content should be reflective of time invested. This game is not F2P for me, i have VIP which may as well be a full game game subscription.
    The proposed change isn't about asking people to invest money into a game that they enjoy, it's about bottle knecking players into a situation where its undesirable NOT to invest. Capping the total of refined rough AD per day, removing AD from invoke etc is all designed to leave less in game currency in circulation to convert into zen. Let's not forget the underlying motive here.

So if this change comes through there are a LOT of good suggestions here of how to rework rewards, for me personally the idea of a keyring, lowering the time to make keys and removing +1 and +2 rings have been the best so far. IF, after all of these suggestions they STILL get it wrong then there is no doubt about their incompetence
  • namebrandsnamebrands Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Warning TLDR;

As much as I would like to see some of these changes you guys are proposing, I just don't see it happening as some of these proposed fixes cut into their monetization strategy. I don't see the higher ups changing ANYTHING that is a possible revenue generator for them, regardless of how little it actually generates. In the end, like several other posters before me, I think its going to end up another Coal-Gate. They're going to "review" it, and in the end go ahead as planned but we'll all get a free legendary key or two in the mail, just like the coal ward fiasco. The "review" period is very possibly just time for everyone to cool down before they stick it to us.

However, I grew up in the time of Mr. Rogers neighborhood so I'm all down for playing in the land of Make Believe. So in the spirit of make believe, I'll toss out a few thoughts/suggestions as well.

1> I agree with the several peeps about fashion items dropping in chests. This one i actually don't see as cutting into revenue considerably as if they were actually generating a lot of revenue from their fashion stuff then there would be a lot more of it appearing in the Zen store more often, so this one might be a possibility. Of course adding fashion to drops would almost demand NEW fashion/transmutes/etc and that might be the sticking point as I don't know that they'll want to devote dev hours or whatever to adding new fashions etc. However, it would be something and definitely less economy changing than most other drops.

2>Would love special blue/epic/leg mounts to be able to drop but let's get real here - I think we can all agree this probably won't happen and even then if the odds are like the Beholder mounts sans glitch, then we're all going to be in the same angry boat we're already in.

3>Here's what I think would be great and I think some may have already touched on this point. ~~New items/effects. My point of reference here is DDO as I spent years there (<3 to all you Sarlonians out there). In that game you had some random named items that could drop here and there. In one specific case I recall Boots of Speed that had the haste spell on them useable 3x/rest. Now this game doesn't have the in depth spell system that one did but still, they could be implemented as boots that made you run 50% faster for example. OR, they could be added but with an effect that could be slotted to your toolbar like a pocket pet for example. Various armors, bracers, boots, etc with clicky effects like a CW's shield spell on them (with cooldowns of course) or even a pally bubble once per hour or something. The possibilities are endless.

4> Along the lines of the ^ previous idea, how about items with a buff to a particular skill? I don't know about anyone else but im tired of being pigeonholed into the same armor that everyone else has. It still baffles me that when the game first launched, classes had choices of different sets within tier 1 OR 2 yet now we actually have less choice than before. What about some items in these higher tier dungeons that I could mix and match in ways that I might not even need set gear? They wouldnt have to have ANY set bonus at all but perhaps some bracers that added 4% damage to my D&D staple spell Fireball (oh wait we don't actually have that in this D&D game :neutral: )? Perhaps a helm that buffs bleed effects, or pierce attacks, or electrical based attacks, etc etc etc.

5>Supposedly we have some D&D fans on staff. Ok, let's take em at their word for now. Anyone remember the Olllllllld D&D cartoon? Add some sort of weapon skins. Yeah yeah the weapon enchants add some flair, but I want a bow that shoots lightning arrows like that scrub on the cartoon. Weapon skin type deals dont affect the difficulty of the dungeons or content at all but who doesnt want to shoot lightning arrows? No one, that's who. Anyone who says they don't is a liar and you should never let them date your daughters.

6> Along those same lines, as previous posters mentioned, mount skins. I'm thinking this one wont happen though as you guys prefer we spend on the new mount to add to our stable but remember, we're in the land of Make Believe here so I can make believe any way I want.

7>Drop a stupid lockbox key in the loot tables. The worst that happens is that someone actually gets a lockbox key and uses it. Seriously, it's not likely that they're going to win anything of value in the lockbox anyway right? If the lockboxes paid out that often then you guys would stop vomiting them all over every game you make.

8> Not as end loot but to promote sales - Man, maybe a couple of people are going to dish out $100-$200 at 400 Ad @ to cash in and buy that owlbear companion but I'm sure as hell not. However, I DO fall into that category of player who works full time and doesn't have all day everyday to grind out everything I want so I don't mind dropping $100 here and there to help the process along. Having said that, if you guys added decent companions etc, to the Zen store now and then, then I could possibly justify dropping more money. I would gladly dish out 3k Zen for a purple owlbear companion. Hell, even a green one and then I'll sink in the AD or whatever to get it up to blue or purple or whatever. Put some decent damn companions up there every now and again instead of your cash grabby, gimmicky Grazilaxes or Remhoraz junk.

There was some more stuff floating around in this chaotic mind of mine but real life stuff is happening here at work as I type this so I'm sure I've forgotten some. at either rate, I'm not holding my breath much as I, along with many of the previous posters, have already lost faith based on the previous actions of this game. At either rate, you guys love to spout on the streams and whatnot about how you all love D&D blah blah. How many of you guys played week or months long campaigns, solved the riddles, killed room after room of hobgoblins and orcs and trolls, oh my!, went on to kill the Master Lich or Mindflayer or Evil French Pastry Chef or whatever, only to walk out of the adventure with nothing more than a peridot? I bet if your DMs ever did you like that, that they would be found in a secluded area somewhere face down in the mud with oblong objects protruding from their most special of special places. We don't like being screwed any more than you guys like being screwed so let's just all lay down the phallic objects and you guys start making it worthwhile to play and we'll start throwing money at you and everyone gets along eh?

Thanks for your time in wading through this mire.
    edited October 2016

stuff

They could add 50% -75% vouchers for zen related stuff as rare drops. Might make some stuff like coal wards actually sell. It does 3 things:

1. Cryptic than get some dough where they would not normally get money.
    2. The player walks away with an item from zen market that they actually want.
    3. Stimulates the Zax without have to wait for 50 percent off sale.

I'm just saying there are ways Cryptic can do this with out cutting into the profits, hell they would probably make more money in the long run if we saw these vouchers as drops....
  • namebrandsnamebrands Member Posts: 21 Arc User

stuff

They could add 50% -75% vouchers for zen related stuff as rare drops. Might make some stuff like coal wards actually sell. It does 3 things:

1. Cryptic than get some dough where they would not normally get money.
    2. The player walks away with an item from zen market that they actually want.
    3. Stimulates the Zax without have to wait for 50 percent off sale.

I'm just saying there are ways Cryptic can do this with out cutting into the profits, hell they would probably make more money in the long run if we saw these vouchers as drops....
    Yeah i forgot to add in I liked the idea of wards as rare drops also although I fear it wont happen either because, money. I agree with your thoughts on it, however, it seems like the suits in the offices, on the decision making boards, never see things this way. At least not that I've seen. This game just seems to keep delivering less and less and asking for more and more.

• chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Hello!

I want these things in chests:
    - Epic mount's insignias,
    - Stronghold coupons (excluding the campaign resources),
    - Items to change the appearance of armor,
    - Items and instruments for craft,
    - Green wards,
    - Scrolls of life.
    - Eye of Lathander in the chest of any dungeon. Now to get this artifact is given only one attempt per day. I think, it is unfair to the protection classes.

NPC to exchange +5rings on the more suitable of the ring (the ratio of 5pcs to 1pcs). Because some players have 10+ pcs +5rings, but none of them does not fit their class. (Sorry for my English :) )

Thanks!
    Have a nice day!
    Drider
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    ijonum said:

PS. Runic Lockboxes are the worst ever lockboxes, capable of giving rewards, often, worth <800 AD. Open any other lockbox when you get to. </p>

Thou shalt not feed false info to new players. For a steady, but solid AH gain Runics are the best, cause you get at least 30k, with a chance of something much more valuable.

No, these are the worst lockboxes. They have a high chance of Runic Insignia Pack and Ostorian Relic Pack, both of which are terrible. You can ask anybody. Lionsmane and New Life would be the go-to lockboxes, but I'll wait for next resurgance.

As a player on the PS4( not sure if that matters) but I agree with the op that needing to open a ton of chests and having junk drop, it would be a shame to have to use a key to look. for example when I farmed out my Twisted set, I used about 25 dragon keys, and the rest I used greater demonic, that I was able to make. I did not mind the twisted farm, since I knew that I would get 1 twisted ichor on a silver run and 2 for gold. If we had to farm Demo for a chance for a twisted main hand or off hand drop, I would have quit.

I think if your going to make the keys used on open, than we need something like twisted.

For example, on running Lostmouth, you would open the chest and get a Lostmouth token, that could be exchanged for bind on pick up gear, ( account bound) and Leaving bind of Equip gear to chance.

I feel this way would honor people who want to play and get the gear they want, and keeping the Boe gear would let people who dont have time to grind to still buy the gear with AD.

Hate to say this, but this is a horrible idea.

It would be exactly like edemo then. Run it until you get what you want, then never go back unless you are helping someone. As most other's have all agreed on, BOP should NOT exist after this change is implemented.

This would make que'ing for anything harder after the first month or two of this change, as a majority of ppl that got what they wanted would never go back, then you're left with a few farmers trying to make AD. Then once you do have what you're after, what is even the point of the token if everything you get from it is BOP?

No thanks.
    Not right, people will continue to farm it for AD and a chance at BoE. Also, people didn't stop farming Demo, the +5s are still out there. Demo is less farmable (if you have your +5s) since it doesn't give BoE Twisted set, if there's a chance for that too, then it'll go on.

Then once you do have what you're after, what is even the point of the token if everything you get from it is BOP?

For example, on running Lostmouth, you would open the chest and get a Lostmouth token, that could be exchanged for bind on pick up gear, ( account bound) and Leaving bind of Equip gear to chance.

???
    Where did he say chance at BoP?
    I guess you're not on ps4. Sorry, I'm in the 2nd or 3rd largest guild on PS4, and those that have their twisted spend their time in CN unless you beg and plea enough, or they simply don't play. The drop rates of a useful ring is so much lower than the drop chance of enchants in CN. Players spend time where some type of advancement can be may even somewhat consistently, be it ad or rp.

Thanks for quoting that for me. If you would have read it, you would have answered your own question

Just as I said, the tokens would be pointless once you had what you needed, then once again, left only to rng. Great, cash your tokens in, then there's no reason to go back. Once you're BiS, there's no point to go back. A token system for anything other than ring selection is a band-aid to the real problem. Their rng system is bogus, and they don't have enough items in game that are actually desirable, but PLENTY in the zen store, which is were the real problem is.

The economy on ps4 is HAMSTER, and i mean utter HAMSTER. They have screwed us over giving us 3 x2 ad and rp's in the first 3 months of the game. All it has done is rocket the adx in their favor, and majority of players are not dumb to this fact.

One thing that ppl must remember, console's are more than likely NEVER getting foundry. Anyone see how much of a headache it was for Bethesda to even simply get mod's implemented? Sorry, PWE is not AAA, and will never come close to being AAA because of their pay to play model. It's very clear they have zero interest in becoming even slightly competitive in the entertainment value to $$ with any other game one console, including other F2P's. I'm also willing to bet, console's make up a MAJORITY of their active players, especially ones that pay. I understand PC's been around 3 years, but sorry, you don't fix a problem for one side, and leave the other two hanging.

It's fine though, because at the end of the day, when ppl stop playing, they will only have their selves to blame. Soo many of us have stopped paying for anything. 20 days left on vip, oh well, on both mine and my wife's. Yeah. Not spending a DIME unless they come out with their plan before their black friday sale, IF console's even get it.

I personally tell people that ask me now, to stay away from NW unless they are willing to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to pay to advance in the game. Until they, PWE, or whoever, make a product where you can realistically EARN everything in game, aside from items that give you ZERO stat value, the game will be that way to me, not worth the investment. Paying is an OPTION in a F2P game, not a requirement, thus, when a customer feels like the time they have to spend is better paid, they will pay, but not forced to pay. Or, stop lying that the game is F2P, and call it what it is.

I'm from PC, yes, no shortage of players for Demo here, there are dozens at any time. And, I don't understand what you don't understand. You don't want to have a Pity Reward? For those who are unlucky?

We don't have a way of getting those tokens for exchange now. This will be additional to the "Leaving bind of Equip gear to chance"
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016

Nice reading comprehension there. What I was doing was telling you to stop acting as if knowing what supply and demand is gives your opinion more authority. Nowhere did I try to define the term.

We aren't talking about you buying SMoPs, but rather selling them, cheap isn't good there. *sigh* If you got an Orcus Wand every 5 runs do you think it'll still be 5mil?

So if that qualifies you to be economist and an accountant, that explains a lot about the current state of the economy and brokerage houses.
    I'm saying there'll be over-supply, and not enough demand! *sigh* What you are completely ignoring is the reward element and what you understand to be a reward. Okay, you got your Orcus wand, and you geared up, what next? What'll you do after maxing out? You can do it for fun for only so many times, not months together. I got no theories in mind, just stating the fact.

PS. We don't control the economy. Only infer from it.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    FrozenFire
  • thuzkawthuzkaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    PS4 player here.

The main change to the game would be to change ALL items that are bound to CHARACTER too bound to ACCOUNT.

People say that it'll never happen due to loss of revenue, however I beg to differ I believe it would encourage more buying of zen.

People will try more builds and / or make new characters.

Key chest rewards need to have a chance to drop zen bought items, such as respec tokens, race change, profession upgrades as well as the +5 rings, armor, weapons, etc.

Make the game, a true dungeon crawl feel to it with chests throughout the dungeon not only at the end. Have pathways leading off the main route with a boss at the end with loot chests as a incentive to venture down these pathways.

Speed run groups can always ignore these pathways just to complete the dungeons and still get good loot, however not as much loot.

Turn the game with future mods into a true dungeons crawl feel. Not this current running down 1 path to kill the boss in under 5 minutes style game.

You could have a dungeon where halfway is a dragon guarding its stash of loot. Kill the dragon for better rewards at the end of the dungeon or bypass the dragon for lesser rewards at the end.

Make the crawl both challenging yet rewarding.

Fix the in game chat for consoles, while Xbox and ps4 have thier own in built chat, ps4 have a max of 8 people for 1 chat group. This isn't good for 10+ person raids. Have a proximity chat much like Elder Scrolls Online. While it's annoying at times, with options, you could turn it off / on.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Simple solution is this :
    opening a dungeon chest with the free epic dungeon chest key gives a low chance of getting an UNBOUND version of highly sought after item such as orcus wand or +5 legendary ring etc,

However for those wanting the same item to USE not sell then using the legendary dragon key to open the second chest gives a HIGH chance to give a BOA ( bound version) of the sought after item such as orcus wand or +5 legendary ring.

In this way some will continue to grind for free for the slim the chance to get items to sell while others will salvage gear or spend RL money for AD to get a few dragon keys to get the item they want in order to USE.

Frankly i have yet to see a legendary ring OR relic gear drop for me and would be happy to buy some keys if it gave me a high chance (30% or higher) to get these for my main toon,and if the items are BOA then i would certainly buy more keys to equip alts as well.

While some see the cost of a key should be compensated by a AD value reward ,but the value of reward doesnt need to be in AD returns but simply a reward item that is considered desirable ,and most consider a BOUND +5 legendary ring as a desirable reward worth the cost of 2-3 keys,
    the same can be said for relic gear tho to a much lesser extent.

So if you want items to sell for millions of AD you have to grind for free,
    BUT if you want items to equip to improve your toon you only have to buy a very small number of legendary dragon keys to get the desirable items,(and frankly anyone can grind a small amount required to buy 2-3 keys in very little time if you really dont want to use RL money)
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    with the crazy entrance requirements to fbi and the coming out soon trial it should drop better enchants, rank 9 or 10 or maybe even lesser epic weapon or armor enchants. i dont know just spitballing. improved rewards for dungeons that require a lot to get in and get done is just a normal response.
  • midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @mimicking#6533 @strumslinger

If you're committed to fixing the loot tables, be clear on what that actually means and back it up with more than words.  Give us dates, numbers & percentages that mean something, list what changes you will be making and what you wont.  <----- That last part is the most critical. 

With the keys change, if the net loss on 10 chest keys is significantly greater than the rewards gained this will be a fail on your end.  Players should find on average to be ahead on AD value on loot from 25 keys out of 30.  Some losses is reasonable but shouldn't be a significant penalty.  Players who grind dungeons all day will still buy keys either way. And most importantly, loot chance improvements & rewards should be identical using epic dungeon key or dragon. If you only improve the paid key loot, this too will be a fail on your part.

Bring back the old dungeons and skirmishes, coal wards to the trade bar vendor.  And build an extension to the current key system.

I saw in another discussion on reddit, Destiny has a system where you have a chance to get a golden key where you can choose the loot from the chest.  Bind the key to the content so people aren't farming easy dungeons to get loot from the more difficult ones.  Something like this should be a potential chest reward, boss drop.  And creating a token system where every 50 runs you're guaranteed a golden key to choose the loot you have missed.

All players with a level 70 character should get a special golden key that can be used in any dungeon/group content to select the loot they are missing.  Plenty of us have 100 - 200+ runs on some content without getting the drop, Orcus Shard and Haarls treaty has been impossible for me, as to any legendary +5 rings.

The same for enchanted keys should apply, open 200 lock boxes of a certain type get guaranteed Legendary mount drop.

Players didn't just leave due to the proposed changes, it was the massive buildup of the continued frustration from never getting the item they had worked so hard on getting.  You need to reward those players retrospectively for time and effort, sure some don't deserve it though people by and large will be happy and will continue working on alts and new builds so you're hardly going to lose anything by making a few players happy to finally receive the coveted item they had long tried to attain.
    bronto111 said:

opening a dungeon chest with the free epic dungeon chest key gives a low chance of getting an UNBOUND version of highly sought after item such as orcus wand or +5 legendary ring etc,

However for those wanting the same item to USE not sell then using the legendary dragon key to open the second chest gives a HIGH chance to give a BOA ( bound version) of the sought after item such as orcus wand or +5 legendary ring.

In this way some will continue to grind for free for the slim the chance to get items to sell while others will salvage gear or spend RL money for AD to get a few dragon keys to get the item they want in order to USE.

Frankly i have yet to see a legendary ring OR relic gear drop for me and would be happy to buy some keys if it gave me a high chance (30% or higher) to get these for my main toon,and if the items are BOA then i would certainly buy more keys to equip alts as well.

While some see the cost of a key should be compensated by a AD value reward ,but the value of reward doesnt need to be in AD returns but simply a reward item that is considered desirable ,and most consider a BOUND +5 legendary ring as a desirable reward worth the cost of 2-3 keys,

BUT if you want items to equip to improve your toon you only have to buy a very small number of legendary dragon keys to get the desirable items,(and frankly anyone can grind a small amount required to buy 2-3 keys in very little time if you really dont want to use RL money)

Agreed, the Tokens suggested earlier will help too... If you're ready to run something a 100 times, you should be assured of getting something out of all that work. I've run several hundred Demogorgons, yet to get even a +4 Brutality, let alone +5s.
    FrozenFire
    edited November 2016
    bronto111 said:

Agreed, the Tokens suggested earlier will help too... If you're ready to run something a 100 times, you should be assured of getting something out of all that work. I've run several hundred Demogorgons, yet to get even a +4 Brutality, let alone +5s.
    FrozenFire
    edited November 2016
    Deleted
    FrozenFire
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I'm saying there'll be over-supply, and not enough demand! *sigh* What you are completely ignoring is the reward element and what you understand to be a reward. Okay, you got your Orcus wand, and you geared up, what next? What'll you do after maxing out? You can do it for fun for only so many times, not months together. I got no theories in mind, just stating the fact.
    artis are always worth SOMETHING. I don't think they'd be dropping like candy and there are still enough people that can't get a run in. it won't be worth tens of millions any more but still worthwhile for running to for resale. final retail on it should be 100-300k not 10 million ad and if they go with the suggestion of making it very varied in drops, in the dungeons, having a severe fall off on the value of any one thing is slim. the surprise element is something that keeps people coming back. I envision something like the winter festival drops. last year I ended up actually spending some money just because the drops were so unusual fun and varied. I'd be running the dungeons non stop. lol
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

This dungeon peek issue is a symptom of something bigger than ppl here are commenting. Yes loot is a problem, but its the fundamental structure of NW endgame is the problem.

As a relatively new to NW but not MMOs i would summarise the end game as low skill / pay to overgear (grind and money).

The way i would address this is by:

Fixing the loot drops but also doing more with loot by dungeon and difficulty and you have lots of suggeations already here.

I would limit overgearing by introducing ilvl caps to content or battle levelling.

1. Capping

1.6k dngs cap the player to 2k
    2k to 2.5k
    2.5k to 3k

Introduce legendary copies of all dungeons which become

1.6k -> 3.1k
    2k -> 3.5k
    2.5k -> 4k.

Pros:
    Cheap as reuse and lvl up content
    Gives players a challenge pist 2.5k (excl FBI)
    Enables legendary dngs to obtain higher rewards
    Reduces the speed farming for gear
    Reinforces the point of class play vs 5 DPS

Cons:
    Overgear players upset
    Whales may spend less if they dont PvP as some pay to outlevel
    Splits playerbase (only you know thecreal playerbase numbers)

2. Battle level so players are adjusted to the content. Similar to ESO

Pros:
    Pools the playerbase
    Reduces need for legendary, mythic...versions of dungeons due to wide gear lvl range

Cons:
    Loot table differentiation for a 4k or a 1.6k player in same content
    Overgear players upset

Based on my experience of this game i found all content pretty easy to run at 2.5k (excl FBI) and can only imagine / have seen how ridiculously easy content is on a 4k toon...whereas i compare to FF and ESO and these present challenges even to the high lvl players. More importantly theyvstill require class balance. At 3k a team can run 3k all DPS/buff on almost all content which makes the game feel like a gambling game wrapped in D&D clothing as opposed to a class focused game like D&D should be.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Firstly, thank you MK for listening :smiley:

I would like to see the chance of the following;
    • Coal ward (single) - BtA
    • Preservation ward (5 pack) - BtA
    • Dungeon shards (stronghold voucher) - BtA - (Just in case the coffer is ever fall!)
    • Blue / Purple mount insignia - BtA - (Quality dependant on skirmish / Dungeon)
    • Companion upgrade token - BtC - (I would prefer to see this as shared currency though!)
    Thank you
    BlackMagi