test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

Comments

• just removed this file from my download list and lost whole neverwinter from ps4 were damn worried that all acc infos are gone since spend some dollars on it but not sure if never register with here... 14'gb to download damn hope it works

I did re install game and I can now get online ^^
  • magusstormo#4751 magusstormo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    > @thrill#1417 said:
    > If you have internet like mine, mediocre, if you download now you should have the game up for this evening (EST). Mine is scheduled to take 5 hours, so I should have it around 7pm. If actually have good internet I think it is a no brainer. One Twitch guy is doing the download in 26 minutes.

EU timezone, so 3-4 hrs would put a finished complete download at about bedtime. Downtime usually starts at about the time I get home from work.

Sony/Arc can argue whose fault it is among themselves - they both offer premium services with time restriction (VIP and PS+) and thus should deliver those services.

I'm not expecting a huge compensation, just a small token equal to an "We're sorry". A small AD amount or a key or two would be that. Millions of AD, dozens of keys and a free month would be too big a boost and would ruin the feeling that I earned the items I've got, and blown out of proportion for a day or two of downtime.
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I agree, a token of apology would be nice. Three keys would be nice.
  • xerhsan#7983 xerhsan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My hats off to all of you at arc....
    I beta tested Everquest on ps....played it a few years!
    I am so impressed with Neverwinter....
    The thought, time, development, .... I love the graphics, especially the
    3D modeling....for a dungeons and dragons game you guys have
    Out Done all the rest....there is no match to your accomplishment.
    Just want to say thanks....so much fun playing this game!
  • dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Well that upcoming key update makes them all worthless anyhow unless RNG favors you. Given that out of 40 or so keys I would have used, I found 1 +4 ring and rest are +1.

Enchanted keys are worse with RNG since you could never preview those chests anyhow.
  • magusstormo#4751 magusstormo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    > @xerhsan#7983 said:
    > My hats off to all of you at arc....
    > I beta tested Everquest on ps....played it a few years!
    > I am so impressed with Neverwinter....
    > The thought, time, development, .... I love the graphics, especially the
    > 3D modeling....for a dungeons and dragons game you guys have
    > Out Done all the rest....there is no match to your accomplishment.
    > Just want to say thanks....so much fun playing this game!

I'll second that, the game is fun and well made, if a bit cluttered in the user interface (some resize/move options would be nice). Missing an evening playing the game with my friends is why the bugged update bothers me, had the game been bad I probably wouldn't have made a fuss about the downtime :)
    Post edited by magusstormo#4751 on
  • ramongel#4626 ramongel Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2016
    a small bug will not stop me of playing the game
    If they do make it so that you can no longer "peek" into chests with keys I may quit this game.
  • hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    It's funny to see how Startrek by the same company/publisher is still working, while Neverwinter is dead. But wait! Startrek is scheduled for maintenance tomorrow :o
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600

It's funny to see how Startrek by the same company/publisher is still working, while Neverwinter is dead. But wait! Startrek is scheduled for maintenance tomorrow :o

Was Star Trek getting a major update today? If not, I am not sure what your point is.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

If they do make it so that you can no longer "peek" into chests with keys I may quit this game.

from what I understand that's not the part they are fixing. the part they are fixing is that you can leave the instance if you don't take the chest. you can't leave elol if you have a key for that chest that you don't use.
  • brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    OMG! Ive Already Deleted The Game A Reinstalling It Will Take me 10Hours! UIghh Ima Lose My Dailys VIP Key!!
    Brad
  • brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ive Recently Got Error When Downloading New Update So Ive Deleted The Game it Wont be Downloaded Till Tommorrow And Ima Lose My Claim VIP!! Key :/
    Brad
  • xveritasxveritas Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I was able to update the game but now my gaming experience centers around clicking OK on the error CE-33284-0 with cannot download. I've tried restarting the PS4 but nothing is working. Looks like the QA team blew it on this one.

same
  • zaggy101#7615 zaggy101 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    So, like many others the download works for the patch but can't install the dam update.... why didn't they just shut down and actually fix this?????? great job!! they make enough money to shut down for awhile and actually get the dam thing to work..........
    So why didn't they just shut down for half the day so this wouldn't happen i know for a fact they have made a HAMSTER load from people on ps4....... yes with some things come bugs but come one......

So why didn't they just shut down for half the day so this wouldn't happen i know for a fact they have made a HAMSTER load from people on ps4....... yes with some things come bugs but come one......

What I don't understand is why they couldn't update the client days ago and then just upgrade the server today. I play World of Tanks and that is what they do as well as a number of mobile games I have played. Maybe this update was too complex to do that, but it would have been a good idea if possible.
  • zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I hope I get reimbursed for the key I won't get today because my game won't work and I now have to leave for work.
    Lets hope we all get something lol , seems like about everyone do to the patch cant get on lol i think they can afford giving us something lol
  • emkayseeemkaysee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    So is there any word on a fix that doesn't require a reinstall of the game?
    Yeah everyone is having that issue... just about lol.....
  • ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'm not going to be very pleased if I get home and I have to re-download and re-install the game and lose my vip enchanted key for the day because I couldn't play. Not all of us have speedy internet connections and work for a living. If that happens I expect to be compensated one key for this little fiasco. I have logged in every single day since purchasing your VIP program and obtained an enchanted key whether I played or not. I sincerely hope you find a solution soon.
  • duce2duce#5231 duce2duce Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    zebular said:

It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.

Character data is saved on the server. No character data is saved on your computer or console. Regardless, you shouldn't need to reinstall. When Sony resolves the issue, you'll be able to log in on or update your current installation. There's no guarantee that a reinstall will fix it anyway, you could just end up with the same update error as before.
    The Cloud save is your "options" settings for the game not your characters.
    Here is a way to simply explain it, buy a worthless item,
    close the game,
    go to a friends place,
    use friends PS4 to sign in and move the worthless item in your inventory (don't sign out),
    go home and sign in (interrupting the ability to cloud save),
    check if the worthless item has moved,
    this is how you will know if the "cloud" is involved with your game saves in any given game.
  • I had to reinstall the game, good thing I'm not on comcast.
  • traninh#9703 traninh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Re-download the whole game again approximate around 75 minute
  • orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    If I delete and resintall, which I don't want to do, but I also don't want to possibly wait days to play the game, will I need to also do anything about reestablishing my game's link to Arc?
    orb#6141 said:

If I delete and resintall, which I don't want to do, but I also don't want to possibly wait days to play the game, will I need to also do anything about reestablishing my game's link to Arc?

I suspect it is automatically attached to your PSN ID.
  • orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Thanks. I'd imagine so too. Guess I'll find out, because I'm done waiting for a proper fix.
    edited October 2016

from what I understand that's not the part they are fixing. the part they are fixing is that you can leave the instance if you don't take the chest. you can't leave elol if you have a key for that chest that you don't use.
    If this Quote from a Reddit thread is correct, we are losing the peek update after this one, and that will very likely kill this game for me.

"Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.
    In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.
    There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.
    Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.
    As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.
    We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.
    - The Neverwinter Team"

All I can say is the rewards better get a heck of a lot better if this is the case.
  • emkayseeemkaysee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    So how about an update on what's going on? It's been about 4 hours since the last update edit on the original post. I'd just like to know if there's been any progression on a fix or if I'm going to have to spend the evening into the morning hours downloading just to attempt to fix the issue.
This discussion has been closed.