test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

Comments

• Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    How do I delete and reinstall the game?
  • Options
    vermithrax#7984 vermithrax Member Posts: 2 New User
    How about the bug that downloaded the patch and made it so we had to download the whole game again. It has only been 14hours trying to patch and still no where near getting to play. THANKS ARC.
  • Options
    caliosto#7183 caliosto Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    So it isn't just me getting no AD. Great. Double AD event and can't get AD.
  • Options
    reaper3444#1346 reaper3444 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The update says it is installed but when I try to start the game it says that it can't be downloaded.
  • Options
    errydrunkyerrydrunky Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    im not reinstalling game for your stuff ups, internet data costs money instead you lot need to get all my purchases refunded and im going to the ACC as this a major failure on your part and im entiled to refunds
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    In the patch notes it said you no longer get AD from invoking and instead get a bonus to AD earned for a certain amount. A stupid and annoying change but that's the way it is.

I didn't know it was a double AD event since I still can't even get my game to work.
  • Options
    caliosto#7183 caliosto Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yeah. That is one of the more idiotic ideas for AD that I've seen. I bounce from character to character to invoke and if you only have a certain amount of time to use the bonus, then I'd have to stay on the character. It takes 4 hours to do all invoking chances and if you spread it across multiple characters it's impossible. Dumb idea by devs.
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Just great......here in Philippines it will take me till Christmas to download and reinstall a fresh copy of the game. I'm finished.
  • Options
    jaytyphoon#1629 jaytyphoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Brilliant! DLded a large update that makes a mess of everything followed by an ever bigger DL that may fix the problem. I imagine this post is just another white noise into the ether but squeaky wheel gets the oil maybe :|

For the love of everything holy, i hope the 3hr re-install work.

Guys, just please QA things better. People have and will spend time/money on this. WE deserve better.
  • Options
    docvoodoo#5661 docvoodoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wtf??? After waiting 12 hours on an update I have to reinstall the whole game. My net is slow thanks to being only one isp that services my area and I have 3 ps4's to update. Thanks arc. I guess the 3-4 days this is gonna take me to download , my family and I are just out all my keys that come with vip.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Yeah. That is one of the more idiotic ideas for AD that I've seen. I bounce from character to character to invoke and if you only have a certain amount of time to use the bonus, then I'd have to stay on the character. It takes 4 hours to do all invoking chances and if you spread it across multiple characters it's impossible. Dumb idea by devs.

You have a certain time to build it up, but since its 27 days it shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    docvoodoo#5661 docvoodoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So with my slow net (only one isp in my area, so no choice) and 3 systems to reinstall ....I'm looking at 3-4 days. I guess that's 3-4 keys each ( me , wife, & son) are just out of luck on. So livid right now. Please arc, next time make sure your updates work properly.
  • Options
    creepinthedarkcreepinthedark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Uninstalled. Re-installed after hr and 1/2 for 15gb game plus the 5gb patch and get same error CE-38612-0
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Yeah it's unfortunate. I'm worried if they messed up the launch this bad how glitchy will the other content be.
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Best of my knowledge, I've seen nothing indicating a time limit on using the bonus.
    Only an upper cap of 100k.

Which takes four weeks for a 70 toon.

Doing 2x dungeon runs will burn 5200 off.
    So as long as any one toon does 2x dungeon runs every two out-of three days, you'll never end up with a surplus.
    Not too mention it's affected by salvage, 2x AD, etc.

So you can chain invoke still with no problems.

I have 8 toons and chain invoke each time rotation.
    All this means for me, is my less played toons will get some love every other day to eat up the bonus.
    And my two 70 mains will make an extra 1200 a day.
  • Options

Uninstalled. Re-installed after hr and 1/2 for 15gb game plus the 5gb patch and get same error CE-38612-0

Odd

Deleted and re-download.
    There was no patch after that, only the 15gb (actually like 14.86 or something). Which took a couple hours.
    Granted during that time the ps4 did nothing else so I'm sure that helped.

And it works fine, I was able to claim my keys and professions before my wife took it over, and she's playing as I type this.
  • Options
    sprechmasprechma Member Posts: 8 Arc User

As I understand it the patches are included in the new download.
  • Options

In the patch notes it said you no longer get AD from invoking and instead get a bonus to AD earned for a certain amount. A stupid and annoying change but that's the way it is.

I didn't know it was a double AD event since I still can't even get my game to work.

There's no double AD right now.
    Not sure where that's coming from

Later this week is double prof xp.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

im not reinstalling game for your stuff ups, internet data costs money instead you lot need to get all my purchases refunded and im going to the ACC as this a major failure on your part and im entiled to refunds

Don't know you're situation, but shy of mobile, are there still companies out there that charge per data usage for broadband?

I haven't paid per data usage since DSL.

Also, I'm not sure how you believe you were entitied to refunds?
    You realize you don't actually own ANYTHING within NWO right?

Read the TOS, you're given access, which can be immediately and permanently, removed with no prior notice.
    Sorry dude, you're not entitled to anything.

Lastly, it's not permanently down. And it seems to be an issue with the ps4 seeing the file size after patch correctly. Verified by a fresh install working with no issues.
    It'll be sorted.

And it's a video game.
    Deep breath man.
    I get it I do, but is it worth getting this spun up over?
  • Options
    sprechmasprechma Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Don't know you're situation, but shy of mobile, are there still companies out there that charge per data usage for broadband?

I haven't paid per data usage since DSL.

Also, I'm not sure how you believe you were entitied to refunds?
    You realize you don't actually own ANYTHING within NWO right?

Read the TOS, you're given access, which can be immediately and permanently, removed with no prior notice.
    Sorry dude, you're not entitled to anything.

Lastly, it's not permanently down. And it seems to be an issue with the ps4 seeing the file size after patch correctly. Verified by a fresh install working with no issues.
    It'll be sorted.

And it's a video game.
    Deep breath man.
    I get it I do, but is it worth getting this spun up over?

If there are people who feel they have to cheat at any game, why should errydrunky calm down?
  • Options
    Not sure I follow your logic?
  • Options
    For those wondering, a reinstall does indeed work. Wife is playing now.

As others have stated,
    Chat box cannot be enlarged.
    Can't accept, or make go away, the get a first mount quest. On a toons.

Can anyone else confirm the soulforged enchant not working?
  • Options
    lee#7309 lee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So what is the truth. On one hand you say re download whole game again if not working then on the other hand you say it may not work after re downloading the whole game again. Wtf. Is there going to be some free stuff for HAMSTER us all around ? A few hundred thousand ad would be a great offer for the inconvenience. Lol
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

zebular said:

It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.

Character data is saved on the server. No character data is saved on your computer or console. Regardless, you shouldn't need to reinstall. When Sony resolves the issue, you'll be able to log in on or update your current installation. There's no guarantee that a reinstall will fix it anyway, you could just end up with the same update error as before.
    The Cloud save is your "options" settings for the game not your characters.
    Here is a way to simply explain it, buy a worthless item,
    close the game,
    go to a friends place,
    use friends PS4 to sign in and move the worthless item in your inventory (don't sign out),
    go home and sign in (interrupting the ability to cloud save),
    check if the worthless item has moved,
    this is how you will know if the "cloud" is involved with your game saves in any given game.
    This has nothing to do with Neverwinter. Neverwinter in an MMO, MMOs do not use cloud or local saves. Data is saved on the game's server.
  • Options
    kalkelrial#8297 kalkelrial Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm away to leave for work and don't have time to read the whole thread. Will we get compensated for the missing VIP keys and benefits through not being able to log in? I'm already going to lose one day let alone how long this takes to sort out.
  • Options

Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm away to leave for work and don't have time to read the whole thread. Will we get compensated for the missing VIP keys and benefits through not being able to log in? I'm already going to lose one day let alone how long this takes to sort out.

Nothing official either way.
  • Options
    lee#7309 lee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I can confirm re downloading the whole game works. Im on now .funny its so quiet not many people on.
  • Options
    killybamp#8011 killybamp Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We need an official answer here, a large proportion of the posts on this thread are asking about VIP key reimbursement and we are getting no response.
    As paying customers, the very least you can do is give us what we have lost due to the technical issues that are no fault of ours.
  • Options
    darkcult#2246 darkcult Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Reinstalled the game and was able to sign in.
This discussion has been closed.