test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

Comments

• vagobondvagobond Member Posts: 1 New User
    Installing now. Tell you what, it wasn't easy trying to find a link for the DL but with no help from tech support i found a way.
  • nimue#6755 nimue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It pained me but considering the amount of time Sony is taking to come up with a solution, I went with delete and redownloaded the game.

The amount of time it will take depends on your internet speed and whether you are WiFi or Ethernet. Took me about 90 minutes WiFi with fibre optic connection.

At the end of the day its whether you want to take the chance of waiting for an instant solution or play internet roulette.
  • agentanderson#7617 agentanderson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Found this over at the PSN Support page..

CE-38612-0 Error Code:
    Application data on HDD may be partially corrupted

They go on to tell you to delete and reinstall.
  • jibmj#8561 jibmj Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I didn't start the download until about 1:15 PST today. Will I still have to delete and reinstall When I get home from work? Really enjoying the game btw.
  • brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User

Re-download the whole game again approximate around 75 minute

Take Me 10 Hours
    Brad
  • emkayseeemkaysee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    HAMSTER it. Reinstalling. Only 8 hours to go with my hamsternet.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • ponyboy811ponyboy811 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well I did it un-installed and re-installed and I am in no issues and I have everything just like I left it before maint..
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Mine is re-downloading now, five hours left. So much for getting to try out the new update today.

Not a happy customer right now.
  • jason6669jason6669 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Downloaded, {no-go} same error as everyone else love the game and hope I don't have to re-download. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
  • ace#2800 ace Member Posts: 1 New User
    does my accout have to be linked to arc to save my game so i can delete and reinstall?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ace#2800 said:

does my accout have to be linked to arc to save my game so i can delete and reinstall?

No, it doesn't. All the character information is stored on the game server itself. Nothing will ever be lost if you need to reinstall or play on a different PlayStation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • veryvestigious#8910 veryvestigious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Made an account and came here because I'm obviously having this issue. Grateful to see actual communication on a forum from devs. However, it remains to be seen if the issue will be fixed in a timely manner. My continued subscription to VIP and time invested depends on it. I am not going to redownload, you are either ready for an update, or you aren't.
  • garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Deleted and reinstalled within an hour. Works fine now. Nice what they did with the campaign screen. In the US fyi, if that matters.
  • finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Lol, none of u will get anything, think about I missed a week of VIP keys, the entire weekend of x2 refinement and a day of x2 xp when a hurricane knocked out my power, and cryptic will no more reimburse u for what they say is Sony's mess up .
  • jason6669jason6669 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    how many people have re-installed and had success? is it a sure fire fix?
  • tkyuskotkyusko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    What about those of Us who are now losing a VIP day because we have to DL, losing a key is kinda messed up for no fault of our own.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    jason6669 said:

Yes, everyone who has reinstalled have mentioned that it worked for them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gocanes89gocanes89 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    jason6669 said:

Not sure fire fix.... After rebuilding db didn't fix the error, I went through the uninstall/reinstall process and same error. Is there a method to login online to do our professions, etc... or are we just handcuffed into losing all daily bonuses/progress (hopefully not several days worth)?
    PSN GamercardRaptr GamercardSteam GamerCard
  • ofthemagi#9430 ofthemagi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am truly sorry, but you guys really are a very poor excuse for a professional organization that most of us have patronized on the order of a hundred dollars or more for this game.
  • kamel#3002 kamel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Completed update and now get "Cannot start the application. (CE-38612-0)"
  • hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Deleted and reinstalled. It's 14.123 GB btw. Be sure not to use the internet in other ways. Playing another mmo for instance severely degraded the download speed in my case. Like ten times. I can log in and play now again. So yes, in my case the delete+redownload procedure worked.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • kamel#3002 kamel Member Posts: 2 New User
    I updated and now cannot get the game to load. Get "Cannot start the application. (CE-38612-0)" Make it work again please. I'm ready to play!!
  • sprechmasprechma Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    brad#9777 said:

Re-download the whole game again approximate around 75 minute

Take Me 10 Hours
    I'm at 5.763 GB and 10 hour estimation left.
    Downloaded the patch and got the error. Deleted the game and re-installed. Took about 40 minutes for me. But I have 150mb fios. Back in the saddle killing things and enjoying the update. Love the changes so far!
  • caliosto#7183 caliosto Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    So I just re-downloaded and installed the game and it works ok. However, when I invoke, no AD's show up. I've been out of the loop for a week while on vacation, did the new update do away with rough AD or is this a bug?
    I too noticed I didn't receive ad after invoking.
  • alastis#3928 alastis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same trouble here not getting AD from invocation It does say that 1980 points remaining of my rough AD boost, which coincidentally is the amount that I should have received from invoking!
  • heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    How do I delete and reinstall the game?
  • vermithrax#7984 vermithrax Member Posts: 2 New User
    How about the bug that downloaded the patch and made it so we had to download the whole game again. It has only been 14hours trying to patch and still no where near getting to play. THANKS ARC.
  • caliosto#7183 caliosto Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    So it isn't just me getting no AD. Great. Double AD event and can't get AD.
This discussion has been closed.