test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I deleted the game and reinstalled it yesterday and up to the point where I was prompted to download the 2.01 patch I can still log in. Now I keep getting connection timeout. Way to go guys. It's hard to say nice things when stuff like this keeps repeating itself no? Fix one thing break another three.
  • Options
    zakmo86#6447 zakmo86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I deleted the game and reinstalled it yesterday and up to the point where I was prompted to download the 2.01 patch I can still log in. Now I keep getting connection timeout. Way to go guys. It's hard to say nice things when stuff like this keeps repeating itself no? Fix one thing break another three.

I am in the same place. I think there's some sort of maintenance going on.

Z
  • Options
    duce2duce#5231 duce2duce Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    zebular said:

zebular said:

It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.

Character data is saved on the server. No character data is saved on your computer or console. Regardless, you shouldn't need to reinstall. When Sony resolves the issue, you'll be able to log in on or update your current installation. There's no guarantee that a reinstall will fix it anyway, you could just end up with the same update error as before.
    The Cloud save is your "options" settings for the game not your characters.
    Here is a way to simply explain it, buy a worthless item,
    close the game,
    go to a friends place,
    use friends PS4 to sign in and move the worthless item in your inventory (don't sign out),
    go home and sign in (interrupting the ability to cloud save),
    check if the worthless item has moved,
    this is how you will know if the "cloud" is involved with your game saves in any given game.
    This has nothing to do with Neverwinter. Neverwinter in an MMO, MMOs do not use cloud or local saves. Data is saved on the game's server.
    OK MR Z explain hoe this has nothing to do with neverwinter when this is how the saves work in MMO's that save on the server and not in your personal system. You may want to try the test before disclaiming something that apparently is something new to you and you don't understand. You may want to research what's being said before you add a comment that discredits your position. Someone was asking about the cloud holding on to your characters game save and it does not. Your character save is on the server you are playing on and is rechecked with your system often. Unless you can think of a better test to show the difference between a cloud save and the internal server save?

Stop skim reading and actually read and understand what is going on.

The system seems to be down or I can't get in if I have to redownload the game a 3rd time I will probably go play another mmo that has this kind of stuff worked out, not to mention counter productive comments added by knowledgable persons whom can answer the question but choose not to for some reason?
  • Options
    brad#9777 brad Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    So i Wont Gt My Vip Rewards From Yesterday :angry:
    Brad
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    It'd be super interesting to learn the respective ages of the individuals posting in this thread...
  • Options
    gduff#9306 gduff Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Does anyone know if they bring all the servers back up at once after maintenance or do they stagger them?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

zebular said:

zebular said:

It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.

Character data is saved on the server. No character data is saved on your computer or console. Regardless, you shouldn't need to reinstall. When Sony resolves the issue, you'll be able to log in on or update your current installation. There's no guarantee that a reinstall will fix it anyway, you could just end up with the same update error as before.
    The Cloud save is your "options" settings for the game not your characters.
    Here is a way to simply explain it, buy a worthless item,
    close the game,
    go to a friends place,
    use friends PS4 to sign in and move the worthless item in your inventory (don't sign out),
    go home and sign in (interrupting the ability to cloud save),
    check if the worthless item has moved,
    this is how you will know if the "cloud" is involved with your game saves in any given game.
    This has nothing to do with Neverwinter. Neverwinter in an MMO, MMOs do not use cloud or local saves. Data is saved on the game's server.
    OK MR Z explain hoe this has nothing to do with neverwinter when this is how the saves work in MMO's that save on the server and not in your personal system. You may want to try the test before disclaiming something that apparently is something new to you and you don't understand. You may want to research what's being said before you add a comment that discredits your position. Someone was asking about the cloud holding on to your characters game save and it does not. Your character save is on the server you are playing on and is rechecked with your system often. Unless you can think of a better test to show the difference between a cloud save and the internal server save?

Stop skim reading and actually read and understand what is going on.

The system seems to be down or I can't get in if I have to redownload the game a 3rd time I will probably go play another mmo that has this kind of stuff worked out, not to mention counter productive comments added by knowledgable persons whom can answer the question but choose not to for some reason?
    There's no need to even test or explain cloud saves, as Neverwinter doesn't use local or remote saves. It used internal server data. It's been stated by the game developers themselves that character data is saved on the server itself. So really, I don't understand why you're trying to argue or discredit fact.
  • Options
    osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Reinstalled and downloaded the entire game yesterday. Got home from work and I have to download a new patch that will take 3 hours. What. the. fack man.
  • Options
    guesno#0748 guesno Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Any upgrade trains patience, thanx to Arc you have it! Cheer up all! It a game!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.