test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

Comments

• lowratehitman#6963 lowratehitman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If Playstation has to get involved.. expect in upwards of a couple days to get the error fixed.
  • lowratehitman#6963 lowratehitman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    And it says some people made it in.. none of my 70 friends that play the game made it in, so did anyone actually make it in? :)
  • awilrayneawilrayne Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    same, 40/40 of my friends didn't join the game. It seems developers did this bug on purpose, thus their servers won't be destroyed by big amount of online players.

I suppose America players can join, please confirm this?
  • ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Nope in the US and can't play
  • awilrayneawilrayne Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Nope in the US and can't play

ok :(

• dan#8335 dan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same
  • dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    awilrayne said:

same, 40/40 of my friends didn't join the game. It seems developers did this bug on purpose, thus their servers won't be destroyed by big amount of online players.

I suppose America players can join, please confirm this?

Big negative on that. I can tell you in years of playing on PC that these guys do care about stuff like this and in this case its Sony engineers who have to fix the network issue not so much the developer who's software got the greenlight after passing QA over at Sony.

Also its not a regional issue as I(US) can not log in, nor can any of my guildmates who range from Australia to as close as Canada.
  • darrenanity#1954 darrenanity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I get the error, but have friends that got on.
  • xerhsan#7983 xerhsan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    And we thought there never would be winter......look at what the storm brought in.....
    the night is dark and full of terror!
  • wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Let's chill for a minute guys, I'm sure they are working on it. These things happen with updates all the time no matter what game you're playing. Maybe with this delay I'll actually get some work done haha
  • just removed this file from my download list and lost whole neverwinter from ps4 were damn worried that all acc infos are gone since spend some dollars on it but not sure if never register with here... 14'gb to download damn hope it works
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    If you guys don't give us an ETA real soon I am going to delete and reinstall. That seems to be working for people on Twitch but I have pretty slow internet and don't feel like wasting hours. Let us know something or I am going to just write off Neverwinter for today.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I just want to Thank you guys for the great planning of rolling out this Mod, checking with Sony and making sure things go right...way to go.
  • giusseppe19#3322 giusseppe19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It´s all over the world and I guess re-installing should do the job. And I hope that this day woun´t count. I have premium and payed real money. And loosing a day like this sucks! Good luck to all of us.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    chimerax said:

I just want to Thank you guys for the great planning of rolling out this Mod, checking with Sony and making sure things go right...way to go.

We're sorry for Sony's error. We don't put the builds on the consoles, Sony/Microsoft does that. Whatever happened (not privy to the technical mumbo-jumbo), as I am told, rests solely on Sony's end.

• osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I deleted and reinstalled the whole game in sheer desperation.

Lets just say it ruined my evening.
    Yep Sony. Son has Xbox one and I just downloaded and it installed just fine. Although can't connect to server on Xbox. My PS4 still same error code. I ain't uninstalling. Internet will take until tonight to redownload. Gonna just enjoy the last hour of my damn day off for Neverwinter
    Their Twitter says they "may discover" a fix faster than reinstalling. I am betting no. I have deleted and I am reinstalling. Better than waiting just to be told we need to reinstall a few hours from now anyway. Plus, now I have a clean install.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Update, 10:37am PDT: (per Strumslinger)
    It is possible to work around this issue by completely re-downloading and reinstalling the game. However, the size of the game (over 10 GB) may cause this to take several hours - or days - depending on connection speed. As we explore other options, a faster resolution may be discovered, but once a re-download has started, it has to finish in order to play the game. By using this workaround, a player has to commit to a large download.
  • finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    No thank u neverwinter, just.. No thank u
  • shaihulud#3845 shaihulud Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    well good job arc. >_> 47 minutes of my lunch break to re-download ill never get back.
  • magusstormo#4751 magusstormo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm delaying downloading for an overnight download, as the size will keep me from playing the game today anyway.

I expect that the developer give a small bonus for those affected, either AD in the 100k range, extended VIP or a couple of enchanted keys. Letting down the first players to try to log in and explore the new content isn't a good way to build a happy fanbase...

Loosing out of the usual AD income from sales of crafting/new items sucks as well - especially as prices are higher when the content is new.
    Did it by accident. Got angry and desperate so I ended up deleting the whole thing. It's Sony's fault apparently.
  • vinspearvinspear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Reloaded my game and it worked
    If you have internet like mine, mediocre, if you download now you should have the game up for this evening (EST). Mine is scheduled to take 5 hours, so I should have it around 7pm. If actually have good internet I think it is a no brainer. One Twitch guy is doing the download in 26 minutes.
  • sprechmasprechma Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    15 gigabytes minimum in size. Will probably take a day or two for me to download. I will miss out on guild events tonight and probably be kicked from the guild.

For my restitution I want 20 enchanted keys, 1 million AD, and 1 month VIP free.
  • buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Downloading entire game again. At least I can start it from work with remote play.
    We should be compensated by some free enchanted keys.
    Just deleted mine and will reinstall. Will probably take all night with my internet. Should have just worked today. This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> seems to always happen with the games I get hooked on
  • ramongel#4626 ramongel Member Posts: 4 New User
    The re-downloads is just 30 min for me
This discussion has been closed.