test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gateway down????

Comments

• istarinistarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User

You cannot post auctions. Remove this restriction by completing three of the following quest chains. Return of the Crown, Tower District, The Plague Tower, Blackdagger Ruins, and Neverdeath.

T-T

Why is the Plague Tower part of those requirements? It seems out of place compared to the others.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    So, I had time for one SCA run while gateway was up. I got two rings, one of which was the avenger ring.

Is it possible that a secondary problem they were having is that the loyals were dropping way too frequently?
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    farla47 said:

NOOOOOOO that chain is no longer attached to the wall! She escapes! Catch her!

*runs away manically while screaming different alterations of "farla" in every direction*
    Nope your still a prisoner until your guild gives you a sock, just saying :smiley:
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    SMDH....Going on an entire week to finish one friggin SCA game. I got three rolls in and it went down again.
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    istarin said:

You cannot post auctions. Remove this restriction by completing three of the following quest chains. Return of the Crown, Tower District, The Plague Tower, Blackdagger Ruins, and Neverdeath.

T-T

Why is the Plague Tower part of those requirements? It seems out of place compared to the others.
    It belongs to a main questline and is for level 19. So it fits perfectly in my opinion. (Tower District is level 9-17, Blackdagger 21-25 and Neverdeath 26-30)
  • khedrakkhedrak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    WTF! Why is the Gateway still in Maintenance? No word on it that I can fine. No warning that I could find. What is going on!
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Lack of regard for players isn't exactly news now.
  • virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    And more silence. This is so representative for what is wrong with this game and this company. I wish I'd known this before putting a good chunk of money into this game myself.
  • lastalertlastalert Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yea so i suggest we all inform players posting threads ''is is worth playing this game" about the pros and cons. Personally my list of cons is getting bigger and bigger, the only pro keeping me here is combat system.
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User

farla47 said:

NOOOOOOO that chain is no longer attached to the wall! She escapes! Catch her!

*runs away manically while screaming different alterations of "farla" in every direction*
    Nope your still a prisoner until your guild gives you a sock, just saying :smiley:
    Someone bring me a sock! Clean one, please.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • blaize#9771 blaize Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I started playing a few weeks ago. The day after I started, they took out the AD for invoking. Ok. No big deal - there are plenty of other ways to earn them. Then I was stupid and bought the VIP membership and a few extra character slots. Now there is no Gateway or communication that makes ANY RATIONAL sense from the developers, and the game has serious lag issues. Bot issues - Welcome to the world of MMORPGs! The way that Cryptic is handling things shows that they are NOT a solid company. With all of the benefits that are offered to their employees, you would think that they would show extra responsibility to those that support the company - THE PAYING PLAYERS.

Workers at Cryptic, please remember that you provide a service. Your job is dependent on how well you provide said service. If your paying players leave because you treat them like HAMSTER, you lose your free lunches, snacks, 401k, 30 days of paid vacation, FULL insurance benefits, etc. Those benefits are unheard of in most companies in America. You are fortunate to have it. Stop acting like entitled brats and do your flaming jobs!!!!!
  • kaisyn69#1953 kaisyn69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The neverwinter Gateway has been down for "maintnance" for a week what gives? Cant do swordcoast adventures till it is fixed and it does not take a week to fix things......no matter how I try to access the site It is always the same message.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016

...free lunches, snacks, 401k, 30 days of paid vacation, FULL insurance benefits, etc...

I want in. I promise I can make Neverwinter great again !
    I'll even bring my own hat:
    https://www.spreadshirt.com/create-your-own?product=1012912708&view=1#?affiliateId=8054/sb/1473363954_T_P_F_L

Any resemblance to political figures is purely coincidental, no hats were harmed in the posting process.
    (I'm just fooling around, don't take this seriously please)
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

I started playing a few weeks ago. The day after I started, they took out the AD for invoking. Ok. No big deal - there are plenty of other ways to earn them. Then I was stupid and bought the VIP membership and a few extra character slots. Now there is no Gateway or communication that makes ANY RATIONAL sense from the developers, and the game has serious lag issues. Bot issues - Welcome to the world of MMORPGs! The way that Cryptic is handling things shows that they are NOT a solid company. With all of the benefits that are offered to their employees, you would think that they would show extra responsibility to those that support the company - THE PAYING PLAYERS.

Workers at Cryptic, please remember that you provide a service. Your job is dependent on how well you provide said service. If your paying players leave because you treat them like ****, you lose your free lunches, snacks, 401k, 30 days of paid vacation, FULL insurance benefits, etc. Those benefits are unheard of in most companies in America. You are fortunate to have it. Stop acting like entitled brats and do your flaming jobs!!!!!

Well, don't forget: Neverwinter likely has to keep the lights on even if the game becomes a net loser revenue wise, simply due to licensing restrictions.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    This is sad, i really liked the concept of checking the AH to modify the things i was selling, and crafting was much easier too, i could just log every hour to see the changes in available tier 3 crafts!!
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I found at least lately the Gateway super laggy to use at work, so that I had to constantly log in and out to do professions. I couldn't tell if it was my Internet or the site. Did other people find it this way, very hard to use? 11-3 PST.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    solbergx said:

This is sad, i really liked the concept of checking the AH to modify the things i was selling, and crafting was much easier too, i could just log every hour to see the changes in available tier 3 crafts!!

This was my main use of Gateway as well. Some professions rotate their rare tasks VERY infrequently.
    If not for being able to check Gateway professions while at work, I'd probably *still* be trying to make my gemmed shirt and pants - nearly a year later.

SCA was just an extra convenience if I was bored at work to kill time, and hopefully get a ring or something.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Maybe they release another software you can connect to the game!!!
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I've been through these 12 pages several times, I see 1 message from Strum about this. What is the latest and greatest? You can't bring it up for an hour and take it back down without us asking questions. You obviously have many of us on the edge of our seats here and we're not going away!
    reg1981 said:

I've been through these 12 pages several times, I see 1 message from Strum about this. What is the latest and greatest? You can't bring it up for an hour and take it back down without us asking questions. You obviously have many of us on the edge of our seats here and we're not going away!

As someone pointed out earlier, the gateway coming up right after the maintenance ended was probably due to some default routine thing and apparently not intentional.
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Add auto profession and auto invoking options to the top ranks of VIP. Just bake it into the game.

Remove VIP from the ZEN store and only allow it to be purchased with real money. Add lifetime VIP for something reasonable like $200. Lifetime VIP doesn't even have to count towards VIP rank, it would just give you infinite VIP time for the rank that you have.

Maybe also only allow access to the gateway to those with VIP.

After that, add BOE items back to the game that can be obtained from epic dungeons and bring back epic versions of all the old dungeons.

Also add spell placement profiles to allow easily switching your spells on your spell bar. Add multiple specs to let people switch between at least 3 pre-saved specs (each additional spec slot could be purchasable with zen). And add the ability to dual a person or a group in any location (obviously add an option in the settings to always ignore dual requests).

Maybe even add the ability to make PVP maps in the foundry. Just imagine PVP in any kind of crazy landscape you can think of with many different possible objectives. :D

Then sit back and watch the profits roll in and the player base sky rocket. ( Might want to also at some point upgrade the servers with the massive influx of funding and players. )

This not already being done seems almost criminal...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12878759/p1
    Post edited by bigredbrent on
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Add auto profession and auto invoking options to the top ranks of VIP. Just bake it into the game.

Remove VIP from the ZEN store and only allow it to be purchased with real money. Add lifetime VIP for something reasonable like $200. Lifetime VIP doesn't even have to count towards VIP rank, it would just give you infinite VIP time for the rank that you have.

After that, add BOE items back to the game that can be obtained from epic dungeons and bring back epic versions of all the old dungeons.

Also add Spell Placement Profiles to allow easily switching your spells, Multiple Specs to let people switch between pre-saved specs, and the ability to dual a person or a group in any location. ( Obviously add an option in the settings to always ignore dual requests. )

Then sit back and watch the profits roll in and the player base sky rocket. ( Might want to also at some point upgrade the servers with the massive influx of funding and players. )

Brent for mayor!!!
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Oh for the love of god! Disable AH posting in the gateway, make Leadership drops BtA and then keep your kitten paws off it! FFS!
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016

..Add lifetime VIP for something reasonable like $200...

Not all of us live in the USA, I wouldn't call it reasonable. - if you take the AD component out, and turn it into pure cash.

Also as i see it, the game is truly not p2w as long as you can get everything with the game currency (or exchange for it), while yes, you can still do professions and invokes manually it's a first step in a certain direction...
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    reg1981 said:

Also add Spell Placement Profiles to allow easily switching your spells, Multiple Specs to let people switch between pre-saved specs, and the ability to dual a person or a group in any location. ( Obviously add an option in the settings to always ignore dual requests. )

Brent for mayor!!!

Maybe even add the ability to make PVP maps in the foundry. Just imagine PVP in any kind of crazy landscape you can think of with many different possible objectives. :D
    edited September 2016

Oh for the love of god! Disable AH posting in the gateway, make Leadership drops BtA and then keep your kitten paws off it! FFS!

Hell no. Having an army of alts that you can have those 12 and 18 hour leadership RP tasks running on is the only reasonable way for new players with little time to make some AD over time. Cryptic have brought this upon themselves, THEY are responsible for the economy being the way it is now. THEY are responsible for having the systems in place that have people come up with stuff like leadership armies. And this is not about automation or botting, it's not that difficult to set up 12 and 18 hour tasks on several characters over the day. But it's a lot more convenient if you don't have to log into the game every time you want to do so. Why are WE the ones who have to bear the brunt of the changes they are making to try and improve things while only really making everything worse?

I say, until they come up with a real solution which offers players a feasible alternative to the system we currently have, they should not take these means away from them, simple as that. FIND A SOLUTION FIRST, THEN TEAR THE OLD DOWN.
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User

reg1981 said:

Brent for mayor!!!

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/538540/suggestion-pvp-map-creation?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6IjEwMTA3OTMwMiIsIm5hbWUiOiJ0cnVja3VsYSIsImVtYWlsIjoic2lyZHJhZ29udHJ1Y2tAeWFob28uY29tIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiJodHRwOlwvXC9pbWFnZXMtY2RuLnBlcmZlY3R3b3JsZC5jb21cL2FyY1wvYjBcLzZiXC9iMDZiOGI2MTk3YjJkNTBlOGEwMTc1ZDhkMjg5ZWNkNTE0MjE3NzkyMzguanBnIiwicm9sZXMiOiJNZW1iZXIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0%3D+9c5bd163da168f1eab933f0a40cd3b4e8d695541+1473372227+hmacsha1

I posted this a while back.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • knight5878knight5878 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hey guys I don't post much in the forums because I would rather play the game than read the forums all day, however for this forum I do need to say a few things. I am away at work for almost 14 Hrs. a day and I have been using the Gateway to manage the professions and inventory of my 12 character. I want to be able to actually play those character when I come home from work. I have been playing for 3+ years and I am one of those players that have put allot of money into this free to play game because I enjoy it. That is for the intro now on to some helpful advice on the current issue.

We need the Gateway for people like me who depend on it when we can't be in game so I am going to tell you the best way to get rid of the botting (gold seller) problem.
    1. Give all players the ability to set auto professions in game and on the Gateway. Botters do this illegitimately already in the Gateway or in the game. When you shut down the Gateway there is just more in the game (causing lag). Botters are there in every MMO for one reason to profit from the game. They do not invest any money in the game. If all of the legitimate players can do what the botters are illegitimately doing then the botters profit is lost the economy in the game skyrockets. Legit players enjoy actually playing the game again.
    2. Start banning accounts that are identified as botting and gold selling accounts. You already have the ability to identify them as you have told us by saying the Gateway is shut down due to it happening.

In conclusion once the playfield is even between the botters and all players the profit goes away and the botters will leave on their own mostly. The few remaining botters left will be easy to identy and the account ban will take care of them.

One last time put the legit players on even playfield with the botters instead of punishing them and the botters will leave on their own. The economy in the game will Skyrocket and the players loyal to the game will enjoy it again. Everybody wins and Cryptic does to because happy players spend money to invest in a game.
This discussion has been closed.