test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Load In freezing

Comments

• Options
    doneagledoneagle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Jup, same issue. Now i'm glad we europeans were not able to buy zen. Would have been a waste of money. Think i'll go play something else.
  • Options
    ultima#6175 ultima Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Same is happening to me when I tried to move to Helms Hold. Froze on the loading screen. Rebooted the PS4, but it freezes on the screen after picking my character. Basically means the game is broken now.
  • Options
    lukeignis#3172 lukeignis Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue. Was in helm's hold in some instance, it d/c me. Then I can't login. Stuck on loading screen. Won't move.
  • Options
    afrodisaafrodisa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    PW has never been very good with customer support so don't expect any real help for at least a couple days even if you put in a ticket.
  • Options
    getsutoshigetsutoshi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Likewise hems hold. Character is stuck there can't load in.
  • Options
    aezuthaezuth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Of you login with another character that's not in helms hold and then choose change character in-game it loads in. Worked for me
  • Options
    Tried that. Still doesn't load.
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    aezuth said:

Of you login with another character that's not in helms hold and then choose change character in-game it loads in. Worked for me

Sadly this won't work for me :(

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I now have two characters stuck trying to load Helm's Hold. It is completely broken.... This has to be a first for me when I can't play a game which I have spent money on due to no fault of my own. GG,
  • Options
    relo#2643 relo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yep, I paid expecting to play as well. My lvl 33 cleric won't load into the helms hold. Tried everything but always stuck on frozen load screen
  • Options
    pop#4344 pop Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yup, stuck in Helms Hold.

Update: I logged into my other char in enclave, which worked fine. I then went to options, change character. Then when the screen went immediately back to my character list, I selected the one in Helms Hold and it loaded fine. Back in
  • Options
    realhambonerealhambone Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    :'(

It is 7:50 Eastern Time, My character was parked in Helm's Hold at the fire, I needed to take a quick dinner break. Shouldn't have logged out, I was like "My PS4 hasn't restarted in a while, I should do that". Cannot log back in stuck on loading screen.

Could I please get a teleport to Protector's Enclave?
  • Options
    raven214#2349 raven214 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem logged out in helm's hold area. Now, Can't get character to load.
  • Options
    ranatuorranatuor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I was stuck in the Plague Tower. I didn't have a second alt, so I just created one and tried the method above as pop suggested and got back in. However, looks like there has been some sort of reset - I am at the start of the Plague Tower quest. I'll run through it all now, just to be safe.
    Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.”
  • Options
    realhambonerealhambone Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    > @ranatuor said:
    > I was stuck in the Plague Tower. I didn't have a second alt, so I just created one and tried the method above as pop suggested and got back in. However, looks like there has been some sort of reset - I am at the start of the Plague Tower quest. I'll run through it all now, just to be safe.

The going into Enclave and character swap isn't working for me, I will keep trying.

EDIT*** It worked, made a new character, ran him to the bridge part of the intro loaded into the bridge and then tried the character swap, worked and now im back in Helm's Hold on my main, Thanks ranatour and aezuth
  • Options
    I actually didn't even do anything on the new alt btw, just created, went into game. Selected change character from the menu screen whilst stood on the starting beach.
    Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
  • Options
    jerlacjerlac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Change characters then log out. It works good luck all!!
  • Options
    getsutoshigetsutoshi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Na really not working, glad it works for some but tried, nogo
  • Options
    After raising a support ticket. My character has been moved to another location. Might be best to do the same.
  • Options
    merdone1212merdone1212 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Changing characters didn't work for me... But where are the developers? This is a serious issue and No-one seems to care, there wasn't a single update comment from them. Pathetic
  • Options
    riksu76#4534 riksu76 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I made another character, played the intro part and changed the character after that, it really worked! Thank you so much for this advice, and good luck to all of you with your own characters, hope it will work for you too.
  • Options

After raising a support ticket. My character has been moved to another location. Might be best to do the same.

For future reference, how do you raise the support ticket Ultima? In-game or via website? In LOTRO you can do it in-game but in this case you can't even get into the game.

• Options
    Via the support website.
  • Options
    ambientgreenambientgreen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Switching to my secondary didn't work, as per the suggestion above. I've been completely locked out from playing my main character: control wizard.

I get to the character select screen every time, pick my main character, and then WHAM! -- circle spins to load, FREEZES, and the screen is infinitely locked.

This has been going on for the past 5-6 hours with the game client. Whomever in charge reading this thread needs to make this a high priority fix. If your players can't even simply log INTO the game, then the population (and money incentives from your store) will be next to nothing.

I have uninstalled-reinstalled the game. I have logged into my secondary character, switched to main character once in-game on the secondary character...and FREEZE, when trying to log in again on my main character. I've restarted the PS4, shutdown the PS4, rebuilt the PS4 database, and force closed the client when on the loading screen. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Absolutely nothing has worked to alleviate this major issue. This is one of the most frustrating and mind numbing issues that I've come across in an MMORPG (dating back to UO Pre-Trammel, and many, many more up until today). The fact that nobody from this company has even acknowledged this problem doesn't portend well for a hopeful solution to this glaring issue.

Please for the love of God, could somebody from Arc Games at least talk to us and let us know that you're hoping to fix it? If not, then it's wasting my time and everybody else that runs into this horrific freezing loading that hinders one from even playing your game.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    acookie#8880 acookie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    this is also happening to me i try to re install n still not workin :/
  • Options
    ambientgreenambientgreen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This needs to be addressed and examined by their technical support staff ASAP, if not yesterday. As of right now, this is completely game breaking, both figuratively and literally.

It's beyond the realm of frustrating.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Ultima :)

To the people still struggling, can I ask a simple question (it's daft, but just to be sure) - When you are doing the character change (that works for some, including me, but not all) you are logged into the non-stuck character then going to "Options" then "Change character"? From there attempting to log in to the stuck character? Apologies if that is what you are doing, wanted to cover all bases.
  • Options
    > @ranatuor said:
    > Thanks Ultima :)
    >
    > To the people still struggling, can I ask a simple question (it's daft, but just to be sure) - When you are doing the character change (that works for some, including me, but not all) you are logged into the non-stuck character then going to "Options" then "Change character"? From there attempting to log in to the stuck character? Apologies if that is what you are doing, wanted to cover all bases.

I created a new character just for trying what people suggested, but it didn't work for me. Basically clicking on change character, then logging in to main. Still freezes, or did. It only happens when you try to get to Honor's Hold via Protectors Enclave.
  • Options
    arkelliusarkellius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Well same HAMSTER happening to me. And the new character "switch" not working. With as many posts here and no response not going to hold my breath on a quick fix.
  • Options
    targetmaster#1575 targetmaster Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The make a new character and switch worked for me (after being locked out of the game for about 12 hours). I have to say I find it appalling that this still hasn't been acknowledged in any way, shape or form though.

For the people that still can't get on it is literally game breaking and should be treated as a priority. They'd paid money to access the game early(which is very time limited), a fair few of them also paying for VIP I'd wager.

I've honestly never played a game before where a game breaking bug is discovered, many people report it (over the course of 2 days) and it seemingly gets ignored with not a single response on any communication channel.