test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Load In freezing

Comments

• dueces305dueces305 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same here got my warlock in Helm. Trying to login today and greeted with a frozen loading screen waited around 10mins and nothing. Gunna try leveling an alt or something till its fixed.
  • siwy19888siwy19888 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Its ridiculous, my both character just stuck and now i cant even exp other char :/ one 37lvl other 29
    Works now, guess it took care of it's self or the devs did , just spent some 2 hour leveling alt and went back to see if the loading error was still there and turns out it's gone for me at least.
    Never mind the error came back lol
  • tsukishizukesatsukishizukesa Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @targetmaster#1575 said:
    > I believe this is due to missing art for the loading screen depending where you were when you logged out. Login on a new character stutters after about 1sec then loads the art. On my main it simply freezes and doesn't load the art. I can't remember the name of the place I was but it's the castle that has Demon's all around it (imps etc) and I was in the dwarf tavern.

From what I can see due to the comments here, I suspect it's because we all logged out when still in the Tavern? Because I did as well, and now I can't access my character at all. Or the one time it did load I couldn't exit the Tavern.
  • tony2686tony2686 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Will you please this dam game this frozing loading screen I'm sick of this is 3 time I miss out 2 days of my vip n I want you guys to replace those missing days that I spend my money on vip 1 days in my game that I couldn't even get in my game file cause of dam bug that freezing my whole game when I logining in this is getting bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I didn't waste my money getting this earlier before it got release on the day when it's free for everyone fix it or I want my money back from you guys from psn back in my bank and the money I spend in the game that I can't even play that's even half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not working I love this dam but damit I didn't waste my money for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Get this bug out of the ps4 I want my game to working right

<font color="orange">Mod edit - don't shout.</font>
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • tony2686tony2686 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm sorry but I'm sick of this game not working right and wasting my cash on this and I can't even get in to get my VIP stuff fix this fast
  • bairdduvessa#7699 bairdduvessa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    tony2686 said:

I'm sorry but I'm sick of this game not working right and wasting my cash on this and I can't even get in to get my VIP stuff fix this fast

ahmen
  • voydebolivoydeboli Member Posts: 1 New User
    Freezed in Vellosk loading screen....
  • jeremyrrjeremyrr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same happened to me. Was running through the Plague Tower, game crashed as I was headed to Fazzad fight. Restarted, character wouldn't load in. Turned game off then back on, character and been reset to the Enclave before the quest. Went back to the Tower, got to the front door, and game froze trying to enter. Restarted game, back to freezing at the loading screen. Good job, guys.
  • gurthug#6437 gurthug Member Posts: 1 New User
    strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 1,508
    Administrator
    July 18 Edited July 20 in General Discussion (PlayStation®4)
    As I'm sure many of you are aware, there's currently an issue regarding maps such as Helm's Hold, Vellosk, and a few others.

Currently, once you log out of these maps and log back in, the game will freeze on the loading screen. While we work to fix this issue, we recommend not logging out of these zones when you're in them.

If you already have and are stuck, there are two ways to work around the issue:
    1) Log in with an alternate character who has completed the tutorial, then switch characters back to the frozen one.
    2) Submit a ticket to our support at support.arcgames.com

We're currently looking into a fix and will update the community once we narrow it down. Thank you for your patience.
  • paradox#1303 paradox Member Posts: 2 New User
    same problem can't load into game bought onyx head start pack played for a week with no problem's until neverwinter officially launched on the 19th.lost around 5 days of vip now which I doubt i'll get back.character stuck in helm's hold.
  • rozpylacz2000rozpylacz2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 1,508
    Administrator
    July 18 Edited July 20 in General Discussion (PlayStation®4)
    As I'm sure many of you are aware, there's currently an issue regarding maps such as Helm's Hold, Vellosk, and a few others.

Currently, once you log out of these maps and log back in, the game will freeze on the loading screen. While we work to fix this issue, we recommend not logging out of these zones when you're in them.

If you already have and are stuck, there are two ways to work around the issue:
    1) Log in with an alternate character who has completed the tutorial, then switch characters back to the frozen one.
    2) Submit a ticket to our support at support.arcgames.com

We're currently looking into a fix and will update the community once we narrow it down. Thank you for your patience.

How im gonna do this if my character stuck in Reclamation Rock and i need lvl 60 to log there on my second one??? Before i get stuck in Helm's Hold... Like wtf? Its been what?! Four days? How long its gonna take? For next update? At month? FIX IT PLEASE!
  • tichke#2198 tichke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just encountered this as well.
    Loading the change character screen helped but only at the 3rd attempt.
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have also encountered this bug, i had to load my 2nd char who was in Enclave and the "character switch" to my 1st char who was stuck in Helms hold after fast travelling directly from Neverdead Graveyard.

My 2nd character (currently Lv15) is rapidly approaching the point where he will go to Helms Hold, currently i just have to finish Tower, then blackblade area, then Neverdead Graveyard, it took only 3 days to get my 1st to Helms hold, it might take the same to get my 2nd char to that same point.

hopefully it's fixed before then.
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • zombie580zombie580 Member Posts: 1 New User
    SO this is happening to other people too? It's happening to me, just with a certain character i just made another one, but when i sign in to my lvl 32 the loading freezes.......
  • treetree8#3797 treetree8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me...

-main char. stucked in Helm's hold.
    -read the forum; therefore, switched to my alt. and moved it to Protective's enclave. However, stuck on the loading screen.
    -restarting the application, picked my alt., and my alt. character was in Protective's enclave, then tried switching to my main, and it didn't work (stuck on loading screen again).
    -tried it multiple times from switching from my alt. to my main, and it finally worked...took forever though
  • spongy#7973 spongy Member Posts: 3 New User
    I feel like we r all talking to a wall no response no reply of any help no wonder it was a free game!!!
  • nuclearhazenuclearhaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I made a new char, logged in and pressed change character :) worked for me (ps4)
  • kroc#8172 kroc Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue on helms hold,I simply logged in with my 2nd character,went to protectors enclave,logged out then logged back in with my main one,was able to play. Its an issue with some maps,even on pc. I recommend going to protectors enclave before logging out once anyone reaches helms hold
  • kialstienkialstien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same problem here. Level 35 Trickster Rogue called Hicks, and i'm stuck at the loading screen, (Wheel freezes). At Helm's Hold, and I just joined a guild too!
  • jacjazz#6451 jacjazz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been trying all day to log in with my main character and I still can not get it loaded. I have tried from my secondary character and still can not get it load, it is getting very frustrating to say the least. I can not even log into my second character at the moment. Any advice or am going to have to delete both and start over.
  • rylef#5992 rylef Member Posts: 1 New User
    im having the same issue, is there any admins monitoring these forums as there doesn't seems to be any answers
  • pbear#5865 pbear Member Posts: 1 New User
    same, i reinstalled it 3 times just hoping, lets me pick me person, starts loading then wheel freezes as the music continues. i really like this game too.
  • lordzotzlordzotz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You'd think after 2 weeks they'd have this figured out. I've spent over $200 on a level 70 character and I'd really like to get back to it.
  • leefylee#3646 leefylee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    this issue is garbage.. its been happening since 14th july and now on the 31st july its still happening..... customer service sux with this company, they are happy to take hard earned cash from people for stupid zen coins etc, but not to sort issues out after over 2 weeks... shame on you arc :(

im only glad it happened to me BEFORE i bought vip pass ( which i was going to do) at least its saved me some cash
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Has anyone in this thread, rather than adding to the pile (and/or trashing the devs), tried deleting the local data for Neverwinter from their PS4 and restarted the game? Some people have actually reported success with resolving this problem with that method. It may not work on the first try, though, and you'll have to agree to the game Terms of Service and redo any UI customizations you've done as it will be reset to default. But it actually does work for some.

For those who aren't aware (and since I can't quote directly from another thread I'll repost the instructions here):

From the home PS4 screen:

Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete > Neverwinter

Delete the 10.49MB Neverwinter Saved Data. Once you log back in to the game you have to reset your UI and agree to terms of service again, otherwise you can log back in as normal.

This doesn't affect your character slots and level data--that's kept server side.

Also, for those complaining about no response: It does no good for Andy (who usually responds to matters like this) to keep responding with "we're looking into this" over and over again ad nauseam and ad infinitum. Andy was a former QA lead before he came to NW, so he's more knowledgeable in the process than I'll ever be. I'm sure that this is vexing the devs as much as it is the players who are experiencing this. It's not affecting everyone. It's happening at random and it's hard for the devs to reproduce the error so they can find a fix. Sorry that people are having to deal with this, but...it's not as easy as people would like to think that it is. You can't just throw money at a bug and expect that it magically fixes itself.

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • hells66hells66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Deleting local data does not work I can't see how it would anyway the issue clearly lies server side and since local data is just that local to your PS4 it has no effect on the game it just holds UI settings and TOS info, I have my main stuck going to Helmhold nothing has worked.

And quit making excuses for Perfect world / arc it's been two weeks and no resolve that's very poor by anyone's standards it's not like it's something minor like server lag or long load times it's a game breaking bug that's stops the use of a character altogether that's serious, there should be more than "we are looking into it" being said, an update on what they have done would be nice.
  • jbbar#7916 jbbar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i have the same issue :(
  • I have the same issue too. Stuck in Helmhold