test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Load In freezing

Comments

• blitzkeir#8691 blitzkeir Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    > @ambientgreen said:
    > Forgot to mention: my Control Wizard is permanently stuck in limbo (frozen loading screen) in Helm's Hold zone at the Last Redoubt bonfire.

This is my exact situation.

Glad there's another thread about this because I can't make one till my forum account's been around for a bit, apparently. Not so glad that the only solutions are inconsistent workarounds. Hope they fix this in the next three days or it's going to be bad for them. The character swap workaround didn't work for me. Have also restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled, everything I can think of short of formatting the HDD.

I wouldn't be in this mess except for a bug that locked me into the quantity selection while purchasing from a vendor; the shop menu closed on its own for some reason, but the quantity selection window remained, and I couldn't exit it or confirm quantity. No choice but to close the app. Then this happens.
  • ro049bin#9949 ro049bin Member Posts: 2 New User
    are you guys for real ?!? i did pay money for this Early game access and here i am cant log into my char...................just feel so damm REKT!!!! by neverwinter now
  • ro049bin#9949 ro049bin Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @ro049bin#9949 said:
    > are you guys for real ?!? i did pay money for this Early game access and here i am cant log into my char...................just feel so damm REKT!!!! by neverwinter now
    >

> @ro049bin#9949 said:
    > are you guys for real ?!? i did pay money for this Early game access and here i am cant log into my char...................just feel so damm REKT!!!! by neverwinter now
    >

oh 2 days left for free accses GOODJOB GUYS ......letting me pay for nothing then a loading screen thanks
  • oo7superdaveoo7superdave Member Posts: 2 New User
    I was also stuck on loading screen with character in Helm Hold. I tried switching to a different character then going to the switch character option in the menus to see if it would work as many people on this thread have said they did, but it didn't work at first for me. Then I logged on to another character an moved him to protector Enclave (so from one zone to another) and then went to the switch character option and changed to the stuck one and it finally loaded.

So try loading a different character and move that one from one area to another not just logging in and then out. I brought mine to Protectors Enclave and then it worked.
  • petercacicpetercacic Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2016
    > @animereaper40#6124 said:
    > im trying to load in now just got home and select my character i can see tte loading wheel has stoped and nothing i restarted 5 times and still same thing
    worse not one person is helping from email to twitter to there facebook page its so sad
    Post edited by petercacic on
  • pantsfase#6316 pantsfase Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also having this issue; however strangely it appears to be related to group questing. I am only having issues on one character (Hae@PantsFase); who happens to have done most of his leveling via group. When I attempt to log him in, he gets stuck at the loading screen. What's particularly strange about this is that last night my I - while grouped - started receiving duplicate quests in that we could pick them up, complete them, and then be offered the same ones immediately. If I complete them solo, the they seem to successfully complete. Stranger still, assuming that these quests are prerequisites of their followups, my group members are able to share the follow-up quests, I am able to accept and complete but am not ever offered the follow-up to the follow-up and so on.

Hope this helps.
  • jakeward47#2743 jakeward47 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have found that if you go to another character, then change characters while playing as them, it will load you in. But you should exit that area to keep it from freezing while you're in there.
    > @pantsfase#6316 said:
    > I am also having this issue; however strangely it appears to be related to group questing. I am only having issues on one character (Hae@PantsFase); who happens to have done most of his leveling via group. When I attempt to log him in, he gets stuck at the loading screen. What's particularly strange about this is that last night my I - while grouped - started receiving duplicate quests in that we could pick them up, complete them, and then be offered the same ones immediately. If I complete them solo, the they seem to successfully complete. Stranger still, assuming that these quests are prerequisites of their followups, my group members are able to share the follow-up quests, I am able to accept and complete but am not ever offered the follow-up to the follow-up and so on.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

My character is strictly solo. Public queued for dungeons, but that's it. I was not in a party at the time the glitch occurred. So it's not related to parties, at least not directly.
  • ogmoch1ogmoch1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had just went to Reclamation Rock in the Elemental Campaign. Logged out for a lil bit came back and got this loading freeze
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Wanted to pop in and say we're aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• haterche#9820 haterche Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    pop#4344 said:

Yup, stuck in Helms Hold.

Update: I logged into my other char in enclave, which worked fine. I then went to options, change character. Then when the screen went immediately back to my character list, I selected the one in Helms Hold and it loaded fine. Back in

Thanks. This worked for me :)
  • exusarmyranger#8228 exusarmyranger Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    My main is stuck on the loading screen as well. I believe that he is in Helms Hold too.
    "We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel (Holocaust Survivor and Human Rights Leader)

"Show respect even to the people that don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours" - Dave Willis
  • noclass77#4211 noclass77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2016
    > @selphiner#3608 said:
    > > @herrig#7185 said:
    > > Same i bought early acces to play not for ingame stuff can u get refund becouse its free in some days?
    >
    > i think for this major thing they need to give us free zen only fair imo

Agreed, I didn't pay 20 bucks to not be able to play the game > @jerlac said:
    > Change characters then log out. It works good luck all!!

That worked for me the first time, but isn't working anymore.
  • quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Thank you, strumslinger.
  • spiceyhd#9057 spiceyhd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im stuck to in loading screen at the reclamation rock thats im almost lvl 70 now its suck i cant go on my main char plz check all the maps and fix this issue i payed money for something
  • drzemusdrzemus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Stuck also. Changing to my alt and switching back does nothing to help. I even moved my alt to multiple zones and tried switching back to my main. Helms is just a broken zone if you logout at the wrong spot its that simple as far as im concerned. Not happy about this after reading this thread its been days for some people. Hopefully after Server Reset for the launch tomorrow this will go away but if not man is there going to be fallout from people.
    -Zemus
  • lowkey#1250 lowkey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Im not even in helms hold. Im pretty sure IM at protectors and Im still getting this issue WHAT DO I DO!?!
  • lowkey#1250 lowkey Member Posts: 3 New User
    I dont want to make a new character im already level 30
    WHY
  • kappatrappakappatrappa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue for my main at reclamation rock. I logged out in the temple. :-/ :-1: :-1:
    Creating an alt allowed me to fix the bug. I missed an important step before. Here's what you need to do:

* Create an alt.
    * Complete the tutorial and enter Protector's Enclave.
    * IMMEDIATELY warp to Helm's Hold, or wherever your main is.
    * IMMEDIATELY warp back to Protector's Enclave.
    * Open the menu, and select "Change Character". When prompted, select your main.

This worked for me, but only for that session. For as long as my character is in Helm's Hold, I have to repeat this process every time I want to load my main. I'm going to have a lot of dead alts if they don't fix this soon. Guess I can just wait for a patch, but I was having a lot of fun till the game broke.
  • nexusbobbynexusbobby Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    My main character freezes on the loading :( and it dont help to make a new or even load my Alt - main is stuck :(
  • senbei81senbei81 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @hentoro said:
    > Targetmaster : map name is Helm hold. My paladin is in same location, same map. This must be server issue.

I am stuck in the same place
  • tim#9891 tim Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is just total BS. I bought the game so I could play it early and now I find myself locked out. Free Zen is not going to make this better.
  • sebbyxv#5224 sebbyxv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Omg same here can someone plz fix this
  • ssj4adam2211ssj4adam2211 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have this problem and funny thing is I logged out in the Protector's Enclave. So moving him to the Protector's Enclave is a no go
  • sebbyxv#5224 sebbyxv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can someone plz help this problem, I really like this game but I understand that one area I'm at is bugged but can you please moves my character to enclave plz
  • mikyza79mikyza79 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I still have this issue, even after the patch.
  • terriblevisionterriblevision Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    They would have to refund me nearly 60 USD for all the stuff thats "locked" on my paladin...
  • terriblevisionterriblevision Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    aezuth said:

Of you login with another character that's not in helms hold and then choose change character in-game it loads in. Worked for me

My character is also in Helms Hold, but this does not work.

Created new character, hit options menu, switch character, selected my paladin in Helms Hold.. nothing.

Used the new character until after tutorial, hit Protector's Enclave, hit switch character, still nothing changed. Between the convoluted chat and this bug after almost a week of game play, I am not happy about this game at all.
  • ultima#6175 ultima Member Posts: 22 Arc User

aezuth said:

Of you login with another character that's not in helms hold and then choose change character in-game it loads in. Worked for me

My character is also in Helms Hold, but this does not work.
    Try moving the alt character to another area other than protector's enclave and trying again.