test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Changes to Skill Nodes

Comments

• Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I don't have a problem with people botting skill nodes. Why? Because buying cheap stacks of 99 rank 5 enchants is the only way I can afford the billions and billions of refinement points necessary to have gear that doesn't completely suck.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    "Most critters in the world will now have an increased chance to drop Enchantments and Runestones."

This just sounds to me like an attempt to use up more of my inventory space and force me to buy bags from the Zen store...
  • Options
    nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User

"Most critters in the world will now have an increased chance to drop Enchantments and Runestones."

This just sounds to me like an attempt to use up more of my inventory space and force me to buy bags from the Zen store...

Dude. If you don't already make space for Lvl 4 and 5 drops on your Lvl 70 toons.... you don't play enough. So quit being silly. Every one of my active toons has two bags set aside for Ench. and Runes. Get w/ the program.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Bots will start farming monsters like the already do in icespire peak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Bots will start farming monsters like the already do in icespire peak

Quality of enchant drops is directly determined by the level of the mob that drops them. Hoard enchants don't care, only that you killed something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    riddervold#9543 riddervold Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    As a new player (about a month in) I was really impressed with this game. I didn't feel like I was at a huge disadvantage leveling without paying. Coming from the HAMSTER show that is Devilian I was excited I found a game that wasn't about gouging the player. I was planning on dumping some cash into it when the skill node changes were announced.

Do you think your player base is ignorant? This is clearly a cash grab. Lame excuses like "based on community feedback" make me chuckle. I'm pretty sure no one suggested the steps you've taken. Making the items BoA is clearly the answer....except then you couldn't profit from it. here's an idea...make a game that people want to pay to play...not that you force to pay to play.

The alleged increased drop rate to account for the change in skill nodes is false. I played for hours in the Fiery Pit today and got 3 rank 4 enchantments/runestones. I finished the kill 100/200/400 to...get...3...items. You took the refinement items away and didn't give the players a different way to acquire them. Money grubbing cash grab....

I won't be sinking any money into this game. I'm just disappointed that it's the same old HAMSTER.

Edit: The drop rate from NPCs is indeed higher...for rank 4 (in Fiery Pit). The skill nodes dropped Rank 5. Big difference.
    Post edited by riddervold#9543 on
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    wow, these profession nodes are useless, not worth wasting kits on them.
    pulling 1 or 2 raw materials? that doesnt compensated the cost of kits vs items pulled from nodes.
    it is complete garbage, if i want massive amounts i go for my crafters harvesting on 1s, 7s, 14s, and 21s rank tiers.
    nodes need more items and could use extra items during 2x profession events.

it should have 3-5 items, and on 2x event timers for 10-15 mixed bonus items.
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    wow the drop rate of r4-r5 isn't increased at all though.. and even killing mods for 2 hours I got no isignia drop
    Post edited by imperiousshini on
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

wow the drop rate of r4-r5 isn't increased at all though.. and even killing mods for 2 hours or no isignia drop

Now now -- don't be so hasty. Have you analyzed 10,000 drops?
    For Cryptic, +0.0001% is "increased."
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    eldarth said:

wow the drop rate of r4-r5 isn't increased at all though.. and even killing mods for 2 hours or no isignia drop

Now now -- don't be so hasty. Have you analyzed 10,000 drops?
    For Cryptic, +0.0001% is "increased."
    oh sorry.It wasn't noticeable at least :3
    the nodes though have isignia in them more often.. though they feel empty when they have only one profession item
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Prices of R5 stacks are up more than 10x, peridots and minor resonance stones more than 5x. RP requirements are just increasing. This is obviously not sustainable.

The R5 drop rate may have increased, but not enough to be noticeable. I've played through several zones and dungeons and have not seen any real increase. This makes sense really though as otherwise the bots would just farm mobs.

Obviously something needs to be done about bots, but this is a typical Cryptic sledgehammer solution that just makes everything far more unpleasant for players than it was before.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Well, after this change, nodes (unless they change again) are officially dead for me :(
    So did dailies with my toons. Different areas/zones. Opened ... about 40-45 nodes in total (in lvl 70 areas mostly). For the first time in this game, I got TWICE nothing at all from nodes. Skill node success! That's it, not even a f*****ing Aberrant pelt!!!
    Have many alters, while they are all under 3k, I was still opening nodes for R4/R5. Now you can get prof. resources only. I've got 2 insignias though, BtC of course. Drop chance looks exactly as before. Glad I have a few lvl 100 legend artifacts. Now I can forget about having them mythic some day.
    As for mobs dropping enchants - after kill hundreds of them - IMO, the drop rate is EXACTLY same as before. No insignia dropped.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to spend even a second on open skill nodes again. Please, remove them all together, they are useless now.
    Yes, botting were obvious. But HAMSTER, make the freakin' enchant (and insignia) drop (from nodes) BtA, that's it. You can't give an artifact to a bot so he can refine it with his BtA stuff.

(PS: sorry, couldn't read all comments but looks like many said BtA change would be much better than the removal of enchants)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I thought Strum was on Vacation. Seriously Strum put the computer away and enjoy your time off man. Although if strum truly is on vacation still... and didn't post this... then SHAME on you whoever posted in his name while he was gone. Strum takes enough of all the flak already for the companies bad decisions. Leave him be while on vaca.

He posted this thread the day before his "vacation" which technically didn't start until the 26th, as the 21st-25th he was representing at PAX.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It's the same here, i'm not seeing any increase in the drop rate of enchantments from mobs or more insignias in skill nodes.
    I tried skill nodes on different characters, but the change isn't noticeable...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kathryntheredkathrynthered Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Is it me, or have the Dragon Hoard enchants been turned off? I am not getting drops at all. I have top kills a lot in Tiamat, no drops any more. Unless they turned it off within Tiamat. We were told an increase in drops, I am at a complete loss of drops now. What is going on Cryptic?
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I got drops on Tiamat, same loop for me than usual, didn't see any decrease with hoard enchants (i have 5x lvl 9 enchants)
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I'm not noticing any difference in enchantment drop rate.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    As far as I am concerned, this change is a slap in the face of players.

There are two things that I consider particularly annoying.

The first issue is that profession nodes are now sometimes completely empty. That is just....wrong. You removed the enchants, but gave us nothing instead. Quite frankly, you seem to have forgotten a fundamental fact. Players play the game for their enjoyment, and something like this takes a bit of the fun away. Maybe I am misunderstanding your motivations, but I would have thought that you wanted people to play more, level up more alts and spend more money on the game. Players do not play this game to be frustrated...but quite frankly, if you continue along this route the problem will be "solved" when more and more players just leave.

The second issue is that although insignia now drop more frequently from profession nodes, they become utterly useless after you have collected the 15 you need for your mounts.

The combined result of this is that opening profession nodes is no longer really worth the effort.

In my opinion this is yet another example of what the game is doing wrong - you keep taking things away, and what you give us instead are things we do not need or want. You claim to listen to the players, but too many of your actions show that that is clearly not the case (well, OK, you did listen when people asked for the perma-bubble to be removed, but that's about it).

For example, you have been giving us things that make the characters more powerful - the mount powers, insignia and most recently the revised EE boons. However, people have *NOT* been asking for more powerful characters - people keep asking for content that actually requires the power we already have.

There are other things people keep asking for.
    • Revised PvP matchmaking, so people compete against other "equally geared" players.
    • Updated foundry editing, and foundry rewards that would make it worthwhile to run foundry content.
    • More "epic" dungeons - not just dumbed-down versions of the old dungeons, with pathetic rewards and updated lighting.
    • Fixes to various serious game-affecting bugs, such as broken primary powers of various classes.
    • Updates to professions to make them actually worth leveling up. As it is, professions are now pretty much worthless.
    Untill we actually get some of the things we keep asking for, nobody is ging to take your claims that you "listen to community feedback" seriously.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User

Is it me, or have the Dragon Hoard enchants been turned off? I am not getting drops at all. I have top kills a lot in Tiamat, no drops any more. Unless they turned it off within Tiamat. We were told an increase in drops, I am at a complete loss of drops now. What is going on Cryptic?

They're still dropping, but the rate is broken. I should get about 10% drops with all my enchants, but it's considerably less. They're also capped *very* quickly -- when I log in each day I get a quite a few, after a couple of minutes I get almost none. I think they drop it to 1% maximum once you've had a few drops.

As for the enchantment drops, they haven't increased by anything noticeable. If anything I'd say they've decreased, as I'm doing the same stuff as before and getting barely any. Since almost every change they make in the game is essentially broken and never actually tested, this comes as no surprise.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If you want to see enchants drop, you need to fight elite mobs, not minions. If fighting mostly minions, you'll get very little. This seems to explain why players say some maps work better than others (mob type ratio). Phantasmal Fortress has very few tough mobs. Death Forge is mixed. Cult of the Dragon spawns tend to be mixed with a heavy weighting of elites. Sharandar has a lot of minions. Certain Heroic Encounters don't drop any loot at all, or only specialized loot, so you'll get nothing from them.

Dragon Hoards drop fine for me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User

oh sorry.It wasn't noticeable at least :3
    the nodes though have isignia in them more often.. though they feel empty when they have only one profession item

They really feel empty when they're empty...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    chrdragon1chrdragon1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Grind bots will exist mostly as long you make something that is based on gridning, if you dont like bots remove grinding system . i dont use bots myself, but it something i seen in most mmo, that use grind system, you will see them mostly with grind bots active!!!
  • Options
    chrdragon1chrdragon1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Idea for enchant stone and resonant stone shop
    Have account wide counter for skirmish, dungeons, elite dungeons, and pvp that is for successful clearing those.
    add a special tab for enchant stones, enchant, overload and resonance stones that are based on those counters
    pvp handles all pvp like enchant stones and enchantments and pvp resonance stones for the pvp equipment
    clearing normal skirmish unlock all pve common and green rank 1-14
    clearing normal dungeon unlock all pve blue rank 1-14
    clearing elite dungeon unlock all pve epic rank 1-14
    the higher the value the higher rank it unlocks in that store
    all enchants and stones and such cost based on astral diamonds
    that way as they do their astral diamond daily they can then use those to buy those enchant and resonances if one has run a lot of them one can convert zen and just buy it

you are welcome to use that idea if it seems to suit you
  • Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    regenerde said:

It's the same here, i'm not seeing any increase in the drop rate of enchantments from mobs or more insignias in skill nodes.
    I tried skill nodes on different characters, but the change isn't noticeable...

Came here to say that. If the drop rate really was higher then prices wouldn't still be so high, but they're barely changed from a 2x refining period after weeks.

My productive suggestion, which will kill two birds with one stone: make dungeons give you a small stack of refining stones/rank 5s in the chests, from a boss drop, or both. I don't know how much, but significant. Not one, but many. Let these be unbound so that they can be sold as well. 1. Bots are unable to do dungeons. 2. Dungeons are already lacking sufficient rewards and would be more appealing if you could get a whole lot more refining items from them.

This would be far preferable to increasing the drop rate across the board because rolling for rank 5s is annoying. However if you would get a bunch of them in a dungeon chest, or perhaps a little personal package of them when a boss dies (remember meaningful boss drops? the heart and soul of any dungeoneering MMORPG? I like meaningful boss drops), people would feel good about it.

I would really love to see the dungeon system and the current hopelessness of refining solved in a way that would get people more excited about dungeons. Of course more dungeons will be great, but consider that when there are more dungeons to do, the current dungeon incentives simply won't do. If this is to truly be a dungeons and dragons game, the dungeons have to mean something more. People like to do a dungeon that's hard, that takes a while, but come out with a bunch of exciting loot for their efforts. Adding more refining items from boss drops and/or dungeon chests would be a great start

• Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Just thinking about how much more exciting getting refining items from dungeons is than getting them from leadership is blowing my mind. Also, to clarify, when I say dungeon chests, I don't just mean the ones at the end, but actual chests throughout. You know, the things that people avoid because they're worthless? Somebody can do something about that as well! You know when your dungeon master says that there's a chest in the room and you get all excited? Yes! Hope it's not a mimic! but if it is a mimic that's fun too. That. I like that Make them in places where bots can't get, you have to clear the room of a whole bunch of mobs before you can even get the chest. Or maybe just in the boss ones. Or maybe just from bosses and the end one. Whatever keeps bots from getting to them

Anyway, my suggestion is to solve this refining item deficiency in ways that 1. Reflect what's fun about dungeons and dragons. 2. Avoid things that can be annoying about MMORPGs.
    Post edited by xaansteel on
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Rank RP going nuts in prices.
    Good luck new players. If there is any left.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    xaansteel said:

Just thinking about how much more exciting getting refining items from dungeons is than getting them from leadership is blowing my mind. Also, to clarify, when I say dungeon chests, I don't just mean the ones at the end, but actual chests throughout. You know, the things that people avoid because they're worthless? Somebody can do something about that as well! You know when your dungeon master says that there's a chest in the room and you get all excited? Yes! Hope it's not a mimic! but if it is a mimic that's fun too. That. I like that Make them in places where bots can't get, you have to clear the room of a whole bunch of mobs before you can even get the chest. Or maybe just in the boss ones. Or maybe just from bosses and the end one. Whatever keeps bots from getting to them

Anyway, my suggestion is to solve this refining item deficiency in ways that 1. Reflect what's fun about dungeons and dragons. 2. Avoid things that can be annoying about MMORPGs.

They don't care about "fun" -- they only care about "encouraging" zen sales to alleviate the agony and boredom of grinding.

I suggested virtually the same idea to make chests "exciting" by merely "temporarily" hiding 10% of loot dropped from mobs and "shifting" it into final chests to make finals chests feel like an actual treasure chest and not a paper bag of leftover laundry.

• Options
    zepheraxzepherax Member Posts: 14 Arc User

two30 said:

<3 Love this. Bound-to-account would be even better, but this appears to be a significant improvement.</p>

I agree. I really don't get why they insist on making everything harder for players. BtA RP would solve the entire problem. The objective is not to stop rewarding botting, it's to start rewarding people playing.

But as you say, it's better than no changes at all.
    Nice idea.. but you just made the keys to open skill nodes virtually useless. My question is why do that?
    Has anyone noticed that the Obvious choice to remove bots from the game is making runes / enchantments Bind to Account?... One has to wonder if Cryptic really wants to remove bots. BOA/BTA is an obvious fix. There are literally thousands or 10s of thousands of bots SLOWING the game down causing lag! Posts that show this are removed! Take a look at the names Swordhand or Gentleharp for starters... notice that 95% will have NO artifacts and lev 70s that never leave farm zones almost all are wizard or TR. Try typing 90# through #100 in your search person engine. Guilds of bots are now farming mobs and god knows what else. PS please if your serious about BOT removal please reduce the real requirements to upgrade artifacts. ITS RIDICULOUS and seriously not possible for the average player w/o buying Bot farmed candy !