test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Changes to Skill Nodes

Comments

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    It'll massively drive up the price (as is happening), meaning people will need to put more AD into Zen, or buy Zen directly. It's pretty transparent.

RP requirements are already stupidly high, and after stripping wards out of the bar store (to push Zen up again) it's made the game much more of a grind.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Just some decisions of Cryptic verge on disloyalty in consumer face:

1. Buy chars ---> Nerf leadership and BAN to understand that struck the TOS;

2. Buy VIP ---> Takes the wards;

3. Invest in elol ---> Nerf elol (after several months) and coincidentally at the same time a new set comes in the game!;

4. PROBABILITY. Invest in companions because the bondings---> Possible future nerf of bondings.

5. NEXT MOVE. Somehow will take the importance of mounts!

Just to remind ourselves of some! Oh and not to set aside after all powercreepy created someone has the bright idea to increase the game's level to 75 and then a new cycle mephistophelian begin!
  • goatfaceonegoatfaceone Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    bind to account would have been a better option
  • sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    zebular said:

Based on community feedback - believe me, there has been a lot - we're making changes to skill nodes to combat botting. I know these changes may cause some players to be upset, but as we continue to improve the quality of life in Neverwinter, changes like these need to be done.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9923543-neverwinter:-upcoming-changes-to-skill-nodes

Sounds good. My only quam is that these and more things need to be Bound to Account when acquired. Actually, I strongly feel that almost everything in game that is BoP should be BtA on pickup. All Bound refinement items need to be changed to BtA and these insignias should be as well. Of course, there's exceptions... yet things like this and most all equipment in game should be BtA until equipped. This change would be the perfect time to usher in an overhaul of the Bind mechanic to make it more player friendly and in-line with what the Community has been asking for, for quite some time now.
    Strongly agree. Otherwise most pickups become useless.
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So, I am curious.... Where is the RP to upgrade enchants and artifacts going to come from?

You are eliminating it from nodes.

The rate of them dropping off of mobs has dropped significantly... It used to be that a bunch of enchants would show up in the need/greed dialog during dungeon runs pre-m6... Now run any dungeon and if even 5 enchants drop it is a shock. I think half the time there isn't a single r5 drop during the entirety of a Castle Never run.

The Lesser Fey Blessing enchant causes an enchant to drop when killing an enemy. However, it is only a 1% chance. That means that you need to kill 100 enemies on average to see 1 drop. When it first came out, people upgraded it to higher levels for 2 and 3% drop rates. However, the fey blessing enchant was nerfed.... everything eventually became BtA... once more due to "bots." And to make matters worse, like the Dragon Hoard enchant, fey blessing enchants have a cooldown. So people learned that regardless of how many you equipped, or how high a percent chance you increased it, drops where still limited... which essentially made the 1% chance actually worse than 1%.

So, this leaves the only other place to get enchants as leadership. However, few people bother to level this anymore since it no longer gives RAD (and the 3 remaining tasks with RAD are having it removed based on your forum post the other day; also because of "bots.") The leadership boxes that are from level 20 tasks and below rarely give even a rank 4 enchant... and often give r3s and even r2s. The box from then level 23 task Guard Young Noble on trip task does give a box that can give a R5 but it is just as likely to drop a r4. At least it is only a 4 hour task and running it in 3 slots can get you 18 boxes a day, if you do not sleep and immediately restart it every time it finishes. BUT... There is one big caveat about getting enchants from leadership boxes... all the boxes only give you a chance at an enchant... they are just as likely (actually more likely) to drop items like node kits or other profession resources and a lot of junk to fill up your inventory. In short, leadership can give you a few enchants if you have it leveled already, but not many, and not really worth the effort of leveling it if you do not have it leveled already.

To make a Legendary(r100) artifact requires 3.8m rp or 3,756 rank 5 enchants. A Mythic(r140) artifact requires 10.5m rp or 10,225 r5 enchants. Just where are people supposed to get them?
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

So, I am curious.... A Mythic(r140) artifact requires 10.5m rp or 10,225 r5 enchants. Just where are people supposed to get them?

ZEN MARKET MWAHAHAH!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

To make a Legendary(r100) artifact requires 3.8m rp or 3,756 rank 5 enchants. A Mythic(r140) artifact requires 10.5m rp or 10,225 r5 enchants. Just where are people supposed to get them?

It's obvious, isn't it? You're supposed to buy the RP from the ZEN store... ;-)
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2016

To make a rank 100 artifact requires 3.8m rp or 3756 rank 5 enchants. A Mythic Artifact requires 10.5m rp or 10,225 r5 enchants. Just where are people supposed to get them?

Blood Rubies of course! At $8 a pop that would just take $608 for Orange (3,800,000 / 50,000 * 800 Zen)
    and $1,680 for Mythic.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Absolutely.

I don't buy the anti-botting story. Bots can fight monsters. They can collect stuff. They will adjust.

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Absolutely.

I don't buy the anti-botting story. Bots can fight monsters. They can collect stuff. They will adjust.

True fact... a good botter can make a bot do almost anything a player could. This is why there are things like Captchas.

It may seem silly, but WAKFU actually implemented one of the best anti-botting measures I have seen in a game. To put it simply, it is a random event that happens every so often (in WAKFU it is related to craft/gathering). It will pull you into a small instance and make you fight an enemy that requires a visual puzzle to solve (similar to a Captcha). Winning will give you a reward (in WAKFU is was a decently large amount of what you were gathering/crafting). Losing would give you a penalty similar to the anti-botting mechanism that is already on skill-nodes.

This technique hinged on the puzzle/fight being unsolvable by a bot, since it required actually screen scraping the visual and deciphering it, when for a human it was a simple number puzzle to win the fight. The fight was winnable in under 5 seconds, and only happened every 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Without a way of stopping bots completely, everything is just going to be made impossible for real players. BoA, Captcha, doesn't matter... they need to be completely stopped... not just remove all the rewards from everything.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    we all dont need insignias in those kit boxes, it made them trash instantly.

if i am the lead dev director, i would made all those profession kits became bounded to character/account. that would stop botting since they cant sell or trade outside of account.
    only those hard to get loot drop from mobs are worth more for tradings, since the drop rates are small and lot of different items.

1. overland kits are mostly resource nodes for craftings. and it shouldnt have any marks, refine stones are any grades of enchants/runes in any kits, change them out.
    2. dungeons and caverns should be a better version of profession nodes, with chance of nicer items, and the tier loots should stick with specific landzone level base, to prevent anyone with outgrown maxed level character to exploiting where the mobs cant stop heavy invested characters, all they will see is more junks.

then, those in maxed current level dungeons should have better loot grades since the mobs are more hostile and make the players to fight for those loots.

and my suggestion for epic dungeon, make those profession nodes as stage 2 loots, otherwise, some kits would be left untouched if there is too much junks, since we all have limited bag slots, we want them to be more desireables, and plus add the rare recipes in those nodes, only in epic dungeons, not in any "progression" dungeons like those in 10-60 level base.

regular chests should be remove from overlands, and keep in dungeons, and end-zone chests should have some nice "epic rewards" with insignias, glyphs, shards, and refine stones since they are elite loots.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Could you make all the artifact RP coming out of Dread Ring BoA please then? the weekly quests grant BoC artifact RP but that stuff is useless to an alt if i get it on a maxed out main character.

Basically, if RP is BoC it needs to be made BoA, otherwise it is no use for alts and just takes up space or needs to be tossed
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm a bit scared by this change, but i like secret plans
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    scathias said:

Could you make all the artifact RP coming out of Dread Ring BoA please then? the weekly quests grant BoC artifact RP but that stuff is useless to an alt if i get it on a maxed out main character.

Basically, if RP is BoC it needs to be made BoA, otherwise it is no use for alts and just takes up space or needs to be tossed

That junk and the leadership artifact RP tasks are just garbage with way too much RNG involved. You might only need to feed an art of power, or just union. You have a 1 in 3 chance to get what you need and the RP amount is pitiful anyway.
    ghoulz66 said:

scathias said:

That junk and the leadership artifact RP tasks are just garbage with way too much RNG involved. You might only need to feed an art of power, or just union. You have a 1 in 3 chance to get what you need and the RP amount is pitiful anyway.
    at least it would be more useful. As it stands, if i run DR on my main the weekly quest reward is worthless to my alts.
    The RP from the sharandar weekly quest needs to become BoA as well
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User

OK.. I haven't really chimed in on these things... but i going to take the plunge now....

Why is that always your response to botting? "We're taking this out... we're taking that out..."
    I mean really? So you go ahead and punish everyone?
    If this game uses the same engine that STO uses why don't you do the same thing that STO with their version of skill nodes?

Put a mini-game in!
    STO has had the particle scanning game in for... years!!!!
    Sure at first.. people hated it... but... it does serve the purpose. I mean you have a Sine curve that randomly changes and you have to match another Sine curve up to it.

Can't you do something like that here? Sure go ahead and make it medieval/fantasy themed... but do you always have to remove items from the game?

Adding the insignias to drop more often is a good thing, don't get me wrong, I'm not totally negative.
    Because they really don't drop all that often from the ones that are supposed to have them.. (Dreadring, Sharandar, etc)

I play both games and I think it will work out great if the devs did that instead.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    So in other news.. just like AD removal, this will manage to net 3rd party site more money.. but will take players 5-6 times longer to increase stuff..

woot.

I swear.

You guys love bots, but hate players.

Why not make a system that requires about 50% less rp overall on everything, then move ALL rp to bta.

This would be a better solution for most of us.

scathias said:

ghoulz66 said:

scathias said:

at least it would be more useful. As it stands, if i run DR on my main the weekly quest reward is worthless to my alts.
    The RP from the sharandar weekly quest needs to become BoA as well
    Not too sure about that. You'd probably be better off just grinding for some AD and buy RP. You'd be saving yourself a lot of time.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    So what is this eliminating and off the top of my head Lesser marks, peridots, aquamarine, R4/5 enchants. If so eff that. I love running a few times a day to grab some extra refinement. Every little bit helps to be honest start to BTA for the love of God. If Xbox gets this smh....why?
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    "I know these changes may cause some players to be upset, but as we continue to improve the quality of life in Neverwinter, changes like these need to be done."

Improving quality by taking away from a community again and again and again and again is not improving quality of life it's a joke motto and you know it.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    ghoulz66 said:

Not too sure about that. You'd probably be better off just grinding for some AD and buy RP. You'd be saving yourself a lot of time.

up until now you have been correct. with this change though the price of RP on the AH will go up a lot. And so running the weekly DR quest will get you 4500 AD, and hopefully, some BoA RP for your artifacts. Every little bit helps, unless it is BoC and you can't use it because you are maxed
    metalldjt said:

So in other news.. just like AD removal, this will manage to net 3rd party site more money.. but will take players 5-6 times longer to increase stuff..

woot.

I swear.

You guys love bots, but hate players.

Why not make a system that requires about 50% less rp overall on everything, then move ALL rp to bta.

This would be a better solution for most of us.

They had to do it, because the AD that should've stayed for players, was goin at the bots and they were selling it as goldsellers, now they are takin it away and there will be a gap , now they have somehow to fix this gap somehow, how they can do it?

REWARDS in dungeons/PVP !
    Give me this supposed time frame.

months?

I hear this alot "they had to do it" .

Im not opposed to anyting they do , its what they do afterwards that is more telling. Bottlenecking cwards, making the game into a massive ad grind , with thousands and thousands of runs needed to advance.

now just more grind .

I will pay for things in game (spent some money on mounts of late) , vip, account wide almost anything.

the moment I spend a dime on bloodwards is the day I quit the game. That will never change.

I will never pay for such a lousy , ridiculous amount of progression. This just puts a wider gap between players.

I will wait and see.. getting one measly r5 for each run of a dungeon does nothing to me.. woot?
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Invoking is looking better all the time ;)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    edited April 2016
    scathias said:

ghoulz66 said:

up until now you have been correct. with this change though the price of RP on the AH will go up a lot. And so running the weekly DR quest will get you 4500 AD, and hopefully, some BoA RP for your artifacts. Every little bit helps, unless it is BoC and you can't use it because you are maxed
    You will be wasting a lot of time grinding DR for RP that equals 1 stack of rank 5s. Grind some dungeons, maybe will a blue insignia, get seals, loot, salvage, spend seals for more salvage. Buy your RP in a quarter of the time. Even if rank 5s stabilize at 20k or w/e it'll still be a better option vs unrewarding grinding in the DR. Rank 5s feed all artifact types to feed the piece you're working on.
    Here is the other issue, people were willing to convert AD into zen for cwards/pwards.

That at least had a reasonable projection curve, but making it also buying into rp to buy cwards and pwards, I frankly cant see how that is at all a economic advantage for them, most players will just not do that.

This will of course drive down a already small and dwindling player base by another 5% or whatever.

They claim they do these things for the good of the community, yet if that was the case, wouldnt it speak to more players coming?

how about content? thats how other games promote themselves.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    zebular said:

Based on community feedback - believe me, there has been a lot - we're making changes to skill nodes to combat botting. I know these changes may cause some players to be upset, but as we continue to improve the quality of life in Neverwinter, changes like these need to be done.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9923543-neverwinter:-upcoming-changes-to-skill-nodes

Sounds good. My only quam is that these and more things need to be Bound to Account when acquired. Actually, I strongly feel that almost everything in game that is BoP should be BtA on pickup. All Bound refinement items need to be changed to BtA and these insignias should be as well. Of course, there's exceptions... yet things like this and most all equipment in game should be BtA until equipped. This change would be the perfect time to usher in an overhaul of the Bind mechanic to make it more player friendly and in-line with what the Community has been asking for, for quite some time now.
    Well said. I 100% agree with this.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.